Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #211  

Melissa - I have taken the Lifetime Fitness (it's a gym)-brand metabolism booster/weight loss aid called "LeanSource." I really liked it, although I couldn't quote you results off the top of my head - I fell off that wagon about the same time I stopped being POP and have since gained back everything I lost while I was taking it...but anyway...you can read about it and order it on their website www.lifetimefitness.com (go to "Shop Online" at the top,). It's $27 plus shipping for a 30-day supply (4 capsules a day, if you only took two it would last twice as long ), and if you join their "auto-ship" program you can get it for as low as $21 (have to buy a 3-month supply to get that price).

The two main "active" ingredients in the LeanSource are CLA (can't think of what that stands for at the moment, if I ever knew) and Chromium, if you want to look at metabolism boosters at a GNC-type store, those are the ingredients you should look for. (The LeanSource also contains a "patented micronutrient" that "stimulates thyroid activity and boosts metabolism blah blah blah..." )

Fiona

Last edited by mkfionap; 06-14-2005 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Edited to correct typo!
Old 06-14-2005, 12:21 PM   #212  

Also - meant to add - on the smoking thing - in addition to metabolism changes, a lot of people gain weight when they quit smoking because they unconsciously turn to food to satisfy their "oral fixation" (that phrase is way too Freudian, but you know what I mean - it's that reflexive hand-to-mouth action). Being on a diet, maybe that extra awareness of what you eat will help combat that urge?

BTW, I forgot to say that I REALLY applaud you!!! I have a friend who quit smoking cold turkey when she found out she was pregnant, and she's told me stories of getting through those first few weeks, plus her DH still smokes (although not as much as before) so that's a challenge for her too. My mom, on the other hand, has smoked for 35+ years and has tried everything on the market to quit and hasn't managed it yet...I'm still rooting for her, too.

Fiona
Old 06-14-2005, 12:44 PM   #213  

Hey Ladies -
Yesterday was my birthday (yeah for me I guess ). I was really good all day long but last night my DH took me out for a great dinner and I ate a fantastic dinner - plus dessert....
Its the only time I've fully cheated and I'm nervous about writing it in my journal and getting in trouble. I'm back on the wagon again today and doing fine and I'm not up any weight today. I shouldn't get in too much trouble right?
Old 06-14-2005, 01:03 PM   #214  

Shar - First, Happy Birthday......
About eating dessert - well you know the counslors at COD don't actually have brithdays Becuz they are from another planet....

I think if you aren't up in weight that is a real plus. Explaining eating dessert to them is another story. BUT - it's over/done your back on track, they should be able to deal with that

I find it's always easier to just put everything in my journal, then if the scale is up, they can atleast look at everything and try to help me from there. Sometimes they just want to me....
Old 06-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #215  

If the counselors are "doing their job" you will probably get some song and dance about staying OP through those "life happens" events. Depending on your center, you MAY get a sympathetic counselor who can look at your WHOLE diary and see that this was a one-time special event, and roll with it. Whatever happens, if your counselor doesn't have a great attitude or gets condescending/judgemental, just let it roll off.

Happy birthday!!!

Fiona
Old 06-14-2005, 01:18 PM   #216  

Fiona - Do you have time to be an LAWL COUNSELOR? Becuz You would be awesome!!
Old 06-14-2005, 01:31 PM   #217  

Ya know, they were hiring in my area and I called, and they never called me back - I think I was too nosey about how they get paid.

Fiona
Old 06-14-2005, 01:59 PM   #218  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hey ladies- Thanks for the compliments. It is sometimes hard to realize how much I've changed, but when I look at those old pictures I can't even believe it was me.

Thanks for the comments Fiona. You will do it and you'll have the same type of before and after pictures.

Karen/metalchic- I think that somewhere later they add more servings of starches. Maybe that's when your calorie intake will increase? It'll be interesting to be on stablization. I hope you don't mind me asking you questions once I get there.

Happy Birthday Shar!

Hi to Sy, Star, Chkli and all you other chicks!

I'm at 144.8 today!!!! I'm going to go to the center tomorrow and Friday I'm off to the the family reunion campout for 4 days. I'm planning on going prepared, but there is going to be A LOT of temptation there. I'm sure I'll stray, but I'm going to make sure to at least get all of my fruits/veggies and water in. I figure that'll be a good start.

Oh yea, I went to the gym last night. I haven't been in weeks. It felt sooo great! I'm going to go again tomorrow and try to do a pilates tape today. I just need to write a note to myself reminding me of how great it feels when I'm working out.

Ok chicks I'll talk to you later. Have a good day.

Mandy
Old 06-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #219  

Hello everyone,

mandy: wow great before and afters

Well I have been on track, I even got my exercise in yesterday. Today I have been POP and plan to stay that way. I am a little off on my water though, so I guess I need to start drinking away. You know what the funny thing is, if my water was a margarita I would probably never forget to drink it. Well talk to yall later and have a great day everyone. Oh yeah tomorrow is back to COD, yesterday when I went they were nice to me, and I promised myself and cod that I would be back tomorrow. Hopefully, with my weight back down
Old 06-14-2005, 02:42 PM   #220  

Mandy has inspired me: I'm resurrecting the weight loss blog I started months ago (and then deleted). It's only got one entry so far, and no pictures (yet - I plan to work on that tonight), but feel free to keep tabs on me at http://fionasdietdigest.blogspot.com/

Fiona
Old 06-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #221  

Default Hi

Fiona - Aout working at LAWL and asking too many questions. Don't you remember - they don't like to answer even simple questions. let alone questions about employment terms. For that they would have to call the 'human resource manager'. (same work ethic as 'nutriionist)
checked out your Blog - I forsee many cool things on there in the future

Mandy - Hi back at ya skinny. Haylo - I've made promises to the counselors too. I think my last one was to be a 'nice' client and not have any more in front of other good clients.......

Bye chicks....
Old 06-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #222  

Hi all. Just been reading and catching up. I gained 1.5 and have just been holding for 2 weeks. Been pretty faithful on plan, lots of water. I started the TriMax last week. Hoping something will give. On the purple plan no LA lites. Just tried a Luna bar today. How do I count it? Not quite sure, and don't want to use up all my real food for a bar, but want to stay legal. Appreciate the help.

Kat
Old 06-14-2005, 05:50 PM   #223  
CruiseinJanuary

Mandy, You are such an inspiration! I see myself in the mirror sometimes and think there is no way I can lose all the weight. Of course, saying that only makes me run for the peanut butter. I've been working hard on positive self-talk, but it sure isn't easy around that TOM. Whenever I am getting down I plan to go to your blog and see how you are doing. I am so impressed with you and congratulate your progress!!!! WAY TO GO!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:57 PM   #224  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Chicks,
It's been awhile but I'm back. I wasn't OP Saturday, Sunday or Monday but back OP today. I'll have to get on the scales in the morning to see where I'm at. I guess I'm out of the June Challenge...Maybe we should do daily challenges...
I just wanted to check in and I'll be back in the morning...
Old 06-14-2005, 06:24 PM   #225  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Amy- Thanks for looking at my blog. I just wish I knew how to put into words how I managed to stick with it and all of that other stuff. I'm not very motivating, but at least the pictures can do the talking. Now that I've lost the weight my goal is to try to help other people. So that is cool that you'll be checking up on me. I'm the same as you. I've been trying to work on the positive self-talk also. It's a hard adjustment, but we have to do it. Every time you think something negative about yourself you need to correct it and say something positive instead.

Fiona-You're so pretty. I read the blog. I'm going to put it on my favorites list and check up on it. So you have to update it. Even if you don't feel like it. I wish I would have done it all along. But I didn't start it until recently. I just post whatever I'm thinking and hope that whoever reads it doesn't think I'm a complete nerd.

Well chicks. I have some bills to pay and other "fun" stuff to do. I'll check back later.

RWF- Howdy.

Mandy
Closed Thread