Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 09:42 PM   #61  

Okay, just finished up having the pond guy (aka eye candy ) start working on my pond (it leaks). He backfilled it and at the moment it looks like a giant phallic symbol! He did mention that we can shape it up when he comes back next week....all I could do was - finally told him why and he laughed.

Been OP today so feeling good. I am off for the weekend and have my OP food with me so I can meet my June Challenge! Have great weekends all!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:25 AM   #62  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
Yep, you guessed it. I'm working the weekend again... I finally get one off next weekend but the bad part is that I have to work straight through next Thursday to have it off... I'll probably be so tired that I'll sleep through the weekend... That's 68 hours working and 14 hours driving..
Ok, now on to better things. I had my first weigh in this morning and I'm down 3.3..WOOHOO My next weigh in is Wednesday. So far so good on my June challenge. Still exercising too. Can you believe that.. I'm still planning on staying OP and exercising right up until we go to Stone Mountain. I won't even try to be good while I'm gone but I will try to watch how much I eat..
My first goal is 17 pounds, then 15 pounds and then the last 14 pounds. It really sounds simple breaking it down like that...
Ok Chicks, I'm getting alittle busy here so I'll check back in later..
Old 06-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #63  

Hey chickies --

This will probably be my last post for a few days at least --

Almost all packed, just have to go get film! and Toothpaste!

Welcome to the newbies- I'll get to know you better in a few weeks!

Am glad that I'm heading out today - eating past two days has been really, really bad -- one of my new goals is to eat better when I'm dealing with these pre-trip days!

Karen/RWF - WTG on the loss - that's terrific!

Cathy - LOL on the yard work! Good luck on the challenge this weekend.

Jen, do agree with what Melissa mentioned - I think Aphil said this in a post on another thread -that if you are exercising regularly, and not losing, it's because you are not eating enough. Try running your stats (age, height, weight) in a BMI calculator, then figure out your cals (use fitday.com) and see if you're at too big a deficit? And you do have a terrific DS - he's been trained right!

Star - WTG on being down! And thanks for the encouraging tidbits!

Fiona - hope that you had a great time last night -- and have fun planning the furniture! I bet everything is settled by the time I get back.

Mandy, I am so pleased for you! When I come back you'll be that much closer to the stabilization plan.. . I'll be able to live vicariously thru your success.

Hugs to all, and skinny vibes!

Julie
Old 06-04-2005, 01:56 PM   #64  
One meal at a time!

Hey Julie...Not sure when you are leaving but you have a wonderful trip...We miss you already....
Old 06-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #65  

Hey chickies!

well, here's a shocker - I was DOWN this morning! : I ate light yesterday in anticipation of the big birthday spread, which ended up being a couple bowls of chips and one pizza for 10 people. So I guess I lucked out - I was down 1.6 (mostly water and not eating enough yesterday, I'm sure) just hope I can hang on to it.

Julie - what day do you leave and when will you be back? We'll miss you!!

Fiona
Old 06-04-2005, 02:21 PM   #66  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hello there,
Thanks for all of the Congrats. I'm feeling good today. I'm at 148.4. I ran into some people I went to high school with last night at a restaurant and went up to their table and talked to them. When I got back to my table. The friend that I had came with said "you would have never done that a year ago". It was so true. So this is a non scale victory for me. I have my confidence back!

Julie- We really do miss you already. I just love reading your posts and you just always seem to know the right thing to say.

Karen/RWF Congrats on the 3.3 pounds!!! That's great. You know how you were talking about breaking it up (mini goals)... that really is the best way to do it. I think it seems less overwhelming that way.

Cathy/Solo Hey there.. your post made me laugh. Way to go with being OP.

Metalchic-Wow!! Congrats on the inches lost! I think I'm around 38 or 39 inches lost right now. I'll post my final inches lost once I start stabilization. Let me know how that goes for you. I'll be starting it in a few weeks.

Fiona-Congrats on being down. I'm trying to prepare for a 4 day family reunion in the middle of June. I want to lose as much as I can before because I know that I'll gain while I'm gone. Good luck and have fun at your Birthday celebrations.

Well Chicks, I'll talk to you later. Hope you're all having a good weekend. Howdy to Star and Sy and all the other Chicks.

Mandy
Old 06-04-2005, 02:42 PM   #67  
One meal at a time!

Fiona...I know my 3.3 loss is water as well but I'm claiming every bit of it...
Hey Mandy...
Old 06-05-2005, 03:28 PM   #68  
One meal at a time!

Hello Chicks,
Geez, where is everyone...
I'm just sitting here at work doing nothing. I was going to watch the race but it's on FX instead of FOX and we don't have cable. I'm going to have to talk to the owner about this one... But atleast DH is taping it for me. I guess we will watch it when I get home tonight. He's getting the boat all ready for next weekend. I guess we'll we doing the boat thing on Saturday and the bike thing on Sunday.. I'm just so excited to finally be getting a weekend off. I can't wait...
I had my big points day yesterday and we went out to eat last night. I did really good. I had soup and salad...WOOHOO...
As far as the exercising goes, I'm still doing it..I was going to take Sundays off but if I do that right now I might not start back on Mondays. So, I decided to do cardio on Sundays and give my muscles a rest from toning.. Boy, I sound like I know what I'm talking about huh?.. Believe me, it's all from Star in the past two years...
Ok Chicks, I guess I'll go find something to get into for the rest of my time here today. Talk to you all in the morning...
Old 06-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #69  

Julie - it sounds as if you are just about ready to go! Have a great trip!

Well, the pond held water, so the pond guy can put the skimmer in and finish up with it! Yay!

I was OP, although yesterday didn't get all my servings in. Went by a bakery as we were walking around and of lordie the temptation to go in and have a cinnamon roll. DB said he wouldn't taunt me by doing that...awwwwww....

Tried the LA Slim Down shake today and it wasn't bad at all. Made my getting my foods in while I dropped by work easy at least.

Hope all of your Mondays are good!

Last edited by solocat; 06-06-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:50 AM   #70  

Hi everyone.

Julie, I miss you already. Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear your tails!

Mandy, Great NSV at the resturant and making the first move at talking!

Karen: I'm so proud of you for exercising and beign down 3.3.

Mandy and Video, got any words of encouragement? I need some motivation, I seem to be slipping lately.

Did great all last week until Friday night - slipped a little. Did great on Sat and Sun - not getting all my water in, didn't measure the beef I ate on Saturday, but did pretty good yesterday. I'm not sure, but weird things are happening to my body. I can't seem to hold in my stomach and it seems like weeks. Last month I didn't have TOM and I should have had it this month and haven't. I can't say that I have had a hot flash, but I do seem to feel warmer than normal and sometimes I just feel plain hot. Most of you ladies are too young for the menopause thing, is there anyone out there that is going through this yet? I do have to make a doctor's appointment - I think there is a test that they can do to actually tell me if I am or not.

Cathy/Solo: I think I'm going to get a pond too, so have can see some nice 'eye candy', LOL!

Hugs, Sy
Old 06-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #71  
One meal at a time!

Good Morning Chicks,
Happy Monday.. Well, I didn't get the cardio in yesterday so it looks like I took Sunday off anyway... But, I did get up and do it this morning..
I'm still taking baby steps with it but atleast it's more than I was doing...
DH got the boat all cleaned up and ready to put in the water this weekend. When I got home from work last night, I climbed up in the boat and just sat there. We are so ready...We are just as excited about having a weekend off together again. I've had to work the last 5 so we are ready for sure...
Still OP and my next weigh in is Wednesday morning. I'm just hoping to be below my last weigh in of 172.8. That will be my goal for each weigh in. I don't care how much, just so it's below... Good luck to everyone that has weigh ins today...
Old 06-06-2005, 12:12 PM   #72  
One meal at a time!

OK CHICKIES... Lets get posting... Hi Sy..
Old 06-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #73  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hey Chicks-
Hi RWF. Great job on being OP. I'm jealous of the weekend off with DH. I shouldn't complain though. We get to spend every Sunday together. He's usually doing homework on that day though. I'm looking forward to this summer when he is just working. I also need to start taking some baby steps. I haven't been to the gym in weeks. Once I get out of the habit of going it's hard to go back. Even though I don't mind it once I'm there. I guess getting myself and DS ready to go is the hardest part. I think I've just talked myself in to going today. Wish me luck with that.

Well, I'm doing pretty well at being OP. I'm still losing slowly, but surely. I guess it isn't slowly, but I just wish sometimes that I could lose a pound a day. I guess that wouldn't be too healthy though.

Mandy
Old 06-06-2005, 12:37 PM   #74  

Default Hello all!

I'm new here, can I have some, help, encouragement, and maybe a swift kick in the butt!

I can't seem to stay on plan on the weekends! I'm pretty good during the week, and then when the weekends come, I'm totally off. I've always had pretty bad eating habits (skipping meals, not eating healthy) but lately, my mind is telling me I want any and all foods not on my plan. I've never been so addicted to food. I'm constantly thinking about what I can and can't eat next.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated, I'm tired of wasting my weeks, they cost too much! And I spend all week losing the weight I gained over the weekend!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #75  
217/177.8/150ish

hmm I don't even know what to say today except Im trying to get back OP and im so emotional right now that its hard.. Thanks for giving me hope that I'll be at goal at some point... I told my son before he went to the bootcamp last night that when he comes home he won't reconize me when he gets back.. Now I have to stick to it and lose this flab... Boy I didn't think that your kid leaving home would feel like you lost an arm and leg... Im lost and can't even think of anything to do but sit here... Oh well I'll shake it off tomorrow is workout day for me again.. Does anyone do the easy step tape?? do you like it and does it seem to be an ok workout??
Closed Thread