Old 09-20-2004, 07:19 AM   #76  

Special Note to MELTIN if you are still a reader. Miss your posts. What happened to you? Hope things are going well for you. Haven't heard from you since Charley went through Charleston - write just to let us know how your doing - even in your not doing LA - still think of you. ~Sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:29 AM   #77  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Thanks Sy! I will try my best to go back and read as many of the old post as possible. I like to do research on things before i jump into them. I like to know what im up against i guess lol. Anyway thanks for the info and ill keep in touch on what i decide to do. Have a great day!

Brittnye
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:19 AM   #78  
191.8/168.2/160

Hey Sy,
I live in the Raleigh/Clayton area in NC. We had such beautiful weather here yesterday it was unbelievalble.

As far as the plan goes, boy it was tough this weekend. We eat out a lot on the weekends, but I think I made some pretty good choices.
My BM are not as normal as they were and I hope they get straightened out.
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:02 AM   #79  

Default Morning Chicks......

Just have a minute,thought I would have coffee with you chicks and start the day off right.....(so much work to catch up on )

First off, I talked with Karen yesterday and she is fine, had alittle damage from the hurricane but overall things are good and she is safe. She is still at the lake but will be returning home today....

I had a really busy weekend, enjoyed out of town relatives and family here. We did power shopping power talking and power eating..... Glad to be back to the everyday grind. I'm one of those people that do best on a schedule.

Holly, we moved back to Michigan becuz of family here and my husband was ill. I would move back to Texas tomorrow if everyone would go with me

Thanks for all you sweet thoughts while I was gone. I enjoyed all your posts this morning......you chicks are the best!!

Have to run and unbury my desk.......HUGS
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:42 AM   #80  

Hi Tammy. I too have family in N.C. My dd and son-in-law live in North Raleigh. Small world!! Hope you like this family of women. They are really helpful. I went to LAWL this morning and I lost .2. I'm not complaining as I think any loss is good. Gee, it doesn't get any easier does it? I have 16 pounds left to lose and sometimes it feels like 600. Did anybody watch 60 minutes last night? It was about the Duke Diet Centre. At the end of the program an update was done re: the people they had interviewed in 2002. Sad to say the results were for the most part not very encouraging. I'd like to talk to people who have lost weight and kept it off. I know there has to be some somewhere!! OK, I'm done ranting. Everyone have a good day op.
Beachlover
beachlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:53 AM   #81  

Hey Beach,
My s-i-l that was visiting from Texas, is at her goal weight and has been there for almost 5 years. She has been on Atkins for most all of that time. I guess Atkins is a four phase program and she is on the Lifetime Maintenance. After she left I ran to the store and purchased the book. Years ago I was on Atkins, another friend gave me the basics and I just did it from verbal advice, never bought the book. Now I want to read about how it actually works.
June, you asked me about the Bun & Thigh Roller. So far so good, it is too early to see results. I am still waiting for the advanced tape and the arm attachment. But I will keep you informed. I feel confident it will work the area it claims to as long as you work it.......lol

Welcome back Kristi, missed ya...

Last edited by Starlynn; 09-20-2004 at 11:56 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:30 PM   #82  
156/127.4/127.4

Hi all!!

Just got back from center and was exactly the same as last Friday AAAAAARRRGGGHHH Counselor suggested I do take off and I told him not until **** froze over. I think if I did that again it would be with the cantaloupe or like somebody else used orange juice. I have been working out 6 days a week and doing an extra 15 minutes or so of abs at night so I think between that and TOM it is to be expected. I am going to be patient and see what happens next week before I make any rash decisions.

Kristi and June glad to hear from you guys again. June your poor husband. He must be so frustrated. Is he even able to work at this point? I bet he is so scared and anxious waiting to have surgery!! From what I have heard he should see results almost immediately.

Welcome Brittnye! I know if you start the program you will be glad you did! I was skeptical at first too and after seeing the way it transformed my mom I knew it was possible! Plus she could be wearing the same size pants as me!!!

Star, Fiona, and SY and Beach glad all is well with you guys! Good luck on plan this week! I was naughty this weekend and had a handful of thin mints. They are pretty low in calories but I should not have! They are gone so the temptation is gone too!!! I am dying for a handful of M&M's! My husband asked me if we could please have pizza this coming weekend if I reach my half way mini goal! I have 3.2 pounds to go so I told him it would be okay that I would pay the piper on Monday! Well if I don't get it in gear those 3.2 pounds will still be there next weekend too!!!

Have a good one all I have to chain myself to the study guide chair today as I have two huge tests tommorrow! Does anyone have a good recipe for prepaing fish?? I am not a fish liker at all and am sooooo sick of chicken! I went to buy veal yesterday and two little chops were 10.00 dollars and I just could not pay that for them so I decided to give fish a try. THere was a recipe on the web that had a lemon butter sauce that in all was only 185 calories?? Any thoughts??

Good luck on plan all!! And good luck to Liz hope you get through your struggles!!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:45 PM   #83  

Star it is really good to hear of someone who has kept weight off. Youe s-i-l must feel great.
beachlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:14 PM   #84  
191.8/168.2/160

Can anyone tell me why FF, SF frozen yogurt is a starch?

Regular FF, SF yogurt is considered a dairy. what's the difference?
Tams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:25 PM   #85  

Good afternoon, everyone! Congrats to this weekend's losers - I was down 1.4 this morning after staying the same all last week, so I'm a happy camper.

Liz - If you just started working out, chances are you're building some muscle and muscle weighs more than fat, so that might be why you're not showing a loss yet. But in the long run, muscle makes your body more efficient at burning fat, so the weight will start coming off - just hang in there!

June - Congrats on the losses despite everything you've got on your plate! You're a real inspiration.

Brittnye - Welcome and good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Tammy - The one that's got me scratching my head is how a Lean Cuisine Penne Pasta in Tomato Sauce counts as a starch and a protein, when there's only very minimal protein in it from the pasta. I think they determine those things more by calories sometimes rather than by what's really in the food.
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:40 PM   #86  

Aim, I was wondering the same thing about the LCs! I imagine it's just simpler to say "all frozen dinners count for this and this" than to figure out the correct portions for every different kind of meal. But when I eat one like the Penne & Tomatoes that has little or no protein, I count it as a starch and a veggie anyway. Or if I get one of the "low carb" ones that have a protein and a veggie and no pasta/rice/potatoes/etc., I count it as a protein and a veggie.

Tammy, that's an excellent question - run it by your center and let us know, k?
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:52 PM   #87  

Well....i went to get weighed in today...and im still the same...the tea didn't do anything for me....but.....they offered the EFA's so i bought them and we shall see what happens....im really not all that frustrated....because i can tell that i am losing inches from exercising....and i know the program works....so it'll come with time...and if the EFA's don't work...ill ask about the nutritionist....thanks all for the support and excellent suggestions!!!
*Liz
ElizabefJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:55 PM   #88  

Glad you are feeling better about things, Liz! I bet you're really looking forward to that 4-week mark and getting your measurements done! They always say for people who exercise, the scale is not nearly as good an indicator as the way your clothes fit, and it sounds like you are definitely seeing those results. Keep up the good work!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:11 PM   #89  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi Everyone!!!

Brittnye: Welcome to the board, it's great to have you with us!!! SY is right - doing all your homework before committing to the plan is very important. You need to be sure that this is a program you can live with - because you will need to stick to it - that's the only way any weight loss program will work for anyone. I did quite a bit of research before starting the program - and I was extremely skeptical because the only info online that I found before joining the program was the opinion site that SY mentioned - I did not find this board until several weeks into the program - and I think that I might not have been so skeptical if I had come here first. I had been on Weight Watchers several years ago, reached my goal weight in six months, and maintained my goal wait for over five years. However, family illness and obligations led to my returning to my old ways, and I put all the weight back on this past year. I decided that I needed to do something for myself, so that I could regain my confidence, and start feeling good about myself again. I was too embarassed to return to Weight Watchers - so I thought that I would try something new, and looked into LAWL. Unfortunately, much of what I read online was negative regarding the cost of the program, pushiness of the counselors, etc. - so I went in as an LAWL counselor's worst nightmare. To top things off I gained weight on the first two days of the program which is the Juicing/Cleansing, and almost gave up immediately - by the way I was so skeptical about the program that the manager of my center offered me a five week trial program which she would convert to the full program if I decided to stick with it. The monetary outlay seemed high to me, and I was afraid that if the program didn't work, or if I couldn't stick with it, then I would lose a good deal of money, and I'd be kicking myself in the pants. To make a long story short, after some finetuning, my weight loss took off, and I lost 10 pounds during the first 4 weeks of my trial program (my goal was to lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks). I also lost 10.25 inches along with those 10 pounds!!! I also discovered that the juice that they started me on had grapefruit in it - something I cannot have due to a medical condition. Grapefruit makes me retain water, and therefore I gained weight at first. Needless to say, I was very pleased with the results, and converted to the full program once I reached my first 10 pound mini-goal. I'd also like to say that my attitude regarding food has changed already, and in spite of the fact that the past two weeks life has been quite difficult here, I have been able to stick with the program!!! Anyway, that's my story - and I hope it helps, but the ultimate decision is yours. It's a personal choice, and if this program doesn't seem realistic for your lifestyle, then just keep looking for a progarm that you can live with. In any case you are always welcome here - whether or not LAWL is your final choice for a weight loss program. Without these ladies and their support and wonderful advice, I would not have seen the success that I've seen. As far as the costs, SY summed it up very nicely. I too joined on a $5 per week special, and I did not by all my bars up front. I chose to bulk 20 boxes up front, and I'll just buy more when I see a sale come up, which happens a few times each year I'm told. This works much better for me in terms of my budget.

Tams: I think that you are going to find that as you get further into the program, your body (as well as BMs) will adjust, and it will get easier for you to avoid temptations and make good choices. BMs were definitely an issue for me. I've never been regular at all in my entire life. Since I started using the LAWL Nature's Reply Tea every evening, as well as hot lemon juice, I've suddenly become regular on a daily basis. That change alone has made a definite improvement in my life, and I believe that it has helped to facilitate weight and inch loss (I've lost over 21 pounds and 15 inches in just eight weeks - so the rate of loss on this program has been much quicker for me than it was on WW).

Beach: Conggrats on your loss!!! Regarding your worry about being able to keep the weight off once you reach goal, it really is a matter of lifestyle change. If the weightloss program promotes a lifestyle change so that you don't return to the old habits that lead to weight gain then you will be able to maintain the loss. The trick is realizing your weaknesses and being alert to situations that can lead to a return to bad habits. I think this is a lifelong challenge - but I also think that as we have all learned, as long as you realize and admit your "cheats" and "mistakes" and address them immediately, little slips don't lead to major gains. If we let one little cheat lead to bigger and bigger cheats, that's when we get into trouble. So, I have every confidence that once you reach your goal, you'll be able to maintain it. This program helps you find the tools for success, it's a matter of choosing to use them. Knowing that I have the power to make that choice helps me a great deal when I feel tempted. Anyway, I hope that helped.

Star: Welcome back, and I'm glad to hear that you are pleased with your new "toy." I'll be anxious to hear the results after some time has passed, and as always I look forward to your very upbeat and inspiring posts. Keep them coming!!!

Karen: I'm glad that you are doing okay after the hurricane, and that you were able to get away to the lake for the weekend. Big hugs, and I look forward to seeing your posts again soon!!!

Kristi: Welcome back and good luck with the new goal!!! I'm glad that you enjoyed your week off, and that you aren't beating yourself up about taking a short break from the program. This is exactly the point I was trying to make - you've learned how to deal with situations, and you get right back on track. I'm sure you'll be at your new goal in no time!!!

Sammy: Ditto on my comments above about small slips. You've got the right attitude getting right back on track, and you really are doing so well with the program, so I know that you'll get to your next mini-goal very shortly. As for your question about hubby, no, he can't work until the surgeries are complete and he has had a little time to recooperate. I told him to try to enjoy this unexpected "vacation" - and I think he's doing just that, lol, since he's taking excellent care of himself and getting lots of rest. Meanwhile, I'm running around like a chicken without a head!!!! I guess this is the "in sickness and in health" part of the vow!!!! Hopefully, I'll survive without getting myself sick, or he'll be taking care of me when this is all over!!! Good luck with all your studying, and I hope that your exams all go well!!!

Tams: I have no clue as to the answer to your question, and would love to hear what your counselor tells you should you inquire. Keep us posted!!!

Aim: Congrats on your terrific loss!!! You're doing great!!! I'd also like to thank you for your kind words, but you ladies are my inspiration!!!!

Fiona: I had the same question about the Lean Cuisines, regarding portions. My gut feeling is that whatever reasoning they are using for counting the carb craver meals as one protein is linked somehow to the reasoning behind counting the Lean Cuisines as a starch and a protein, but I haven't deciphered the link yet, lol. If you do let me know!!! When I first started the program I was using the Lean Cuisines at lunch, but now that I have a little more experience with the plan, I rarely use them due to the sodium content, and have found that my weight loss is better when I stay away from them. That's not to say that I don't lose when I have the Lean Cuisines, because I do. However, I find that I lose more if I cook my own food and stay away from foods with high sodium content.

Liz: You sound a whole lot better today, and I'm glad that you've seen a good loss in inches - that I think is even more important than weight loss. Many people lose a great deal of weight in the beginning due to large amounts of toxins and water in their bodies, but often this is not accompanied by inch loss, which is the only thing that is going to make a difference in the way you look, as well as the way your clothes fit. Just stick with the program and stay motivated - I'm sure the fine-tuning will result in weight loss as well. Sorry the tea didn't work for you. You might want to try something else. I had read on a much older thread on this board about someone who used some sort of fruit or vegetable or herb (I can't remember which) after Nature's Reply didn't result in a reply. Whatever it was that person used did the trick, and her counselor said it was "legal." I just wish I could remember the particular solution. Give the supplements a little time to work before you make a decision on continuing with them, and I'd still encourage you to ask your counselor to give the LAWL nutrionist a call when you weigh-in and try to get some new suggestions or plans of action. Remember, you're the client, and you're paying a good deal of money for this program. It's your program, and you should take advantage of all aspects of it, including the nutrionist. Good luck!!!

Okay, I hope I've caught up with the recent posts. I need to start checking homework now. Even when I'm home, I can't get away from school!!! By the way my husband's pre-op tests are on Wednesday this week, and so I will be taking him to those, and hopefully weighing in as well.

Big Hugs,
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:17 PM   #90  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Oh Geez I Can't Believe I did that!!!

SY: I kept referring to you so much in my comments to everyone else that I never addressed you directly!!! You should take this as a complement lol, since you have been my mentor, whether you realize it or not!!! I've learned so much from you, your experiences, advice, and recipes, and when I first began reading the posts on this board, yours always inspired me!!! How are you feeling? Is the UTI any better? Take care of yourself, and let me know how things are going.

Big and Special Hugs to You!!!!
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote