Old 04-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #1036  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Letisha – Thanks for the comment on the new avatar. Hope DS feels better soon. Way cool about your losses this week!

Deb – Wow! So glad you’re ok! (And thanks for the avatar comment.)

Dan –maybe if there was SALT on the road Deb wouldn’t have had an accident! Hey, just found a good use for all of that salt we’ve all given up. Very cool about the birthday sign.

Lea Ann – Glad you guys made it through the tornado scare OK.

Sorry I didn’t get to everyone, but I gotta put DS to bed. I’ll check in tomorrow after our jelly bean tasting at school.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #1037  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

joni--awesome job on all the exercise yesterday and today! i'm with ya on knowing that i need to exercise if i want to achieve my goals. it's something that i didn't realize how much i can help me since i never really needed to do it much before and i still lost weight. but now that i'm lighter this time around, it's harder to take the weight off and i'm finding that working out regularly helps, but it's also making me feel soooo much better about myself..and helping with the inches!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:33 AM   #1038  

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!! No time to catch up on the posts I missed but wanted to stop in. I didn't do so great this weekend. Saturday was pretty good, especially since I took DD to a birthday party and did not have any cake and ice cream. I had a slice of pizza for a CC, and then some fruit. I love moms that have fruit at b-day parties!!

However, yesterday I blew it. The beginning of the day was good, but then at 4pm my oldest DD woke up from a nap (she never takes a nap---should have been my 1st clue) with a fever of 102. Remember, she JUST got over a stomach virus last week. She had been complaining of her tummy hurting all day. Well, I called me mom for advice, and she brought up appendicitis. So we felt of DD's tummy, and it was tender on her right side. I called the advice nurse, and erring on the side of caution, she told us to bring her to the ER. It turns out, she was just REALLY stopped up, which surprised us, since she just got over a stomach virus. They gave her an enema (she did very well) to get things moving, and they've put her on prescription laxative. We may now have the reason that she hardly ever eats. Poor thing feels full all the time. We follow up with her pediatrician later this week. But anyway, the reason I blew the diet yesterday is because we did not get to have dinner until 11:30pm last night. At that point, I just wanted food and there were limited choices that late at night. So, it was the Burger King drive thru for us, and chicken fries, onion rings, and REAL Coke (the only diet drink I can cough down is diet Mt. Dew) for Mama. Oops!!

Well, gotta run. I have my LASIK pre-op in a couple of hours, and I need to do some things around the house. I'm a woman of leisure this week. Yay, vacation!! Hope everyone stays POP today.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #1039  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

My manual says that when there is an ailment or a health scare with one of your kids you are given a pass to be not POP.. did I mention the Smarties every time one of the girls got sick???
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #1040  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

does that count for sick parents as well? LOL
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #1041  
New mommy again :-)

Oh Wendy, you're poor DD! I hope she's feeling better! And I agree with Kristen, free pass when the kidos are sick.

Cassie - Salt on the road...that's a good one.

Joni - I did survive the s'mores so that's a huge NSV for me because even outside of the s'mores, I could eat a whole bag on marshmallows by myself...could, but won't...used to though. Let's just hope that DH eats them all before I get home (not very likely, though )
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #1042  
Post-Master

So my little one (2 1/2 yo) is still sleeping, and it is just weird around here. He has a pretty bad cold, and needs the extra zzzz's, but still.........it's so quiet. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. Hey.......JM.....when do you leave to get Josie?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #1043  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Sick parents of a sick child get a pass and a half.. you have to show restraint but there is no self recrimination allowed on straying off plan when you have dealt with a fever, upset stomach, loose bum or tantrums If you have a combination of any of the above you can do like I do and use your fruit for wine ( Please note the above passes on straying off plan are only to be exercised by trained LAWL professionals..those on the plan that understand temporary insanity or gains can be forgiven.. do not attempt to try this at home unless you are under the supervision of one such person)
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #1044  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

OK people, I'm not sure what's going on. WI on Saturday had me down 06 lbs. Not great but better than nothing I suppose. The problem is Monday and Tuesday I think I had a bug of some kind because I wasn't hungry at all, had to force food down. TOM started Monday and stayed so I couldn't do my water aerobics on Monday and Wednesday. Then Wednesday my appetite came back with a vengence. I've been off plan every day by a starch here and a dairy there (Monday and tuesday by A LOT in the negative column - the remainder of the week over). Last night I wasn't even hungry but devoured starches like nobodies business. I don't know what was wrong. I'm trying to start over today and get back on track. I'll be able to do my water aerobics this week since Aunt flo is gone so that will help. This hunger concerns me though, well again, not even hunger just want to eat. I don't think anything is any more stressful than normal in my life. I've been living on high stress for the last seven years so I don't think it's that. I can't help but think I was just bored but I haven't given in to boredom at all since starting this diet until this weekend. I just don't know what's happening and I'm not sure how to stop what I don't know? any thoughts?
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #1045  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. not much going on today.
gonna get my workout done and over with for today. i need to do 4 this week since i slacked and missed one last week. i don't have time to WI until friday, and TOM will be gone by then..so hopefully i'll show a loss.

wendy--sorry to hear about your DD. hope she gets to feeling better soon.

hope everyone has a great day..and stays POP.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #1046  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, all....
Am on Day 2 of TO right now, though Day One wasn't POP, so I don't know if it counts, heh. Day 2 WILL be, though, I promise! I've been hovering around this stupid 177 mark for weeks...time to get serious and start that sclae moving downward again!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:19 AM   #1047  
Post-Master

Shannon.....this happens to many of us when we stray off plan.......the bottom line is....you just have to get back on plan, right now, and perfect on plan. If you are eligible to do a FF or TO, now might be a good time........just to get you back into the groove. I completely understand, as I just went through the same thing the last few weeks. Now, I can proudly say that after today, I will have been OP for 1 week, and you know, it has totally paid off on the sclae. You can do this..........you can do this.......you can do this...........just get right to it. Pretend you never fell off, and get working Did I mention that you can do this?

Kristen.........you always crack me up girl XOXO
Old 04-23-2007, 10:19 AM   #1048  
Post-Master

C'mon Megan........you can do it!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #1049  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Shannon.....this happens to many of us when we stray off plan.......the bottom line is....you just have to get back on plan, right now, and perfect on plan. If you are eligible to do a FF or TO, now might be a good time........just to get you back into the groove. I completely understand, as I just went through the same thing the last few weeks. Now, I can proudly say that after today, I will have been OP for 1 week, and you know, it has totally paid off on the sclae. You can do this..........you can do this.......you can do this...........just get right to it. Pretend you never fell off, and get working Did I mention that you can do this?

Kristen.........you always crack me up girl XOXO
I actually bought 2 canteloupes at the grocery store this weekend. My mother is coming down tomorrow but I think Wednesday would be a good day to do a FF. It didn't bother me last time but of course I was doing the unlimited protein one. Maybe I should try the other one this time with the canteloupe instead of the juice. I don't do lites though so I'm not sure if I can. Guess I could get some zone bars and do that.

I'd feel much better if I knew what was causing my off plan eating frenzy. I just don't see a trigger so how do I see it coming and avoid it next time. Curse of a computer programmer, over analyze everything.

Hey I did have one nice thing happen this weekend. I was looking thru my drawers and came across a pair of shorts that I wore maybe once then packed away because they were too small. I tried them on and they fit nicely. I will have to go thru my closet because I thought I'd thrown away everything that was too small. I've been wearing the same shabby old clothes for so long I really felt like a "fancy girl" as my son used to call them when he was little. Nice newish pair of white shorts and a brightly colored shirt I haven't worn in about a year. I almost thought about swishing my hips but then remembered I'm still over 200 lbs. A tad soon for Victoria's Secret modeling.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #1050  
Let's try this again . .

Hey Nicole-

I leave Friday morning . . .hard to believe. Last nite was the first time in awhile where I couldn't sleep and had weird dreams when I did. I dreamed of bottles-seriously. Cuz I had been opening packs of bottles, nipples, etc trying to decide how many to take before I went to bed. And-how do you tell the flow speed on the nipples once you take them out of the package? Can't figure it out . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote