Old 03-08-2017, 12:50 PM   #271  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave View Post
Ya'll - the Cranberry and Pomegranate Bar is SOOOO good!

(Just a public service announcement.)

Also, how do you make muffins out of the pudding mix??
Check out the Fun with Packets thread in the first sticky threads on the main page -- you will find muffins and more -- basically you use egg white, baking powder, and water to get to the right consistency. Depending on the flavor you want you may add vanilla and spices like cinnamon, apple pie or pumpkin pie spice.

You will find MANY other recipes over in that sticky thread IP Ultimate Recipes.....

it used to be that Lisa32989 was the adminstrator of this Ideal Protein sub forum -- she gathered a lot of FAQ kind of info and put that sticky thread together for us.

Lisa dropped off after being VERY dedicated to the IP community for a couple years, I think. She was really strong on 100 percent protocol no cheats and could be a bit curt in the tone of her posts... some folks reacted negatively to that and I think Lisa decided it was time to move on. She lost a lot of weight on IP and I hope she is doing well.

For those looking for more online support - there are several IP groups on Facebook and most of them are having drama of the same kind that drove Lisa out -- big exit of a lot of folks this week in one of the large groups. And it is hard to have the focused conversations on that format that we can have here. Please don't go there and abandon 3FC!!!

I need you guys!

I had a rough weigh in on Monday -- my home scale showed 215.6 on Monday morning and with clothing 216.6. The IP scale - different than my last one that I weighed on, was 218. That was an uptick on their chart for me.

So the coach picked apart my food diary on MFP - complaining that it was not on the paper form. And a single hard boiled egg and a couple of tablespoons of half and half and another day a half cup of scrambled eggs from the cafeteria at my training location -- having had no milk and no oil that day led to her conclusion that I was no longer in ketosis. I don't think that makes sense -- if I were on Keto totally those items would be in the food plan.

But 2 weeks in a row of fractional increases - stupid on my part to do anything that is not 100 percent protocol, but weighing on different scales and being told that those relatively tiny steps off the path would knock me out of ketosis really made me mad. So I came home on Monday and ate 6 IP packets over the rest of the day, including 2 restricteds.

Dr Phil would say... so how's that working for you?

My home scale shows 215.3 today. I was very good yesterday and am being religious today. Why do I let my mind take me on these sidetracks? I know how to do this and I need to JUST DO THE WORK!!!!

cheryl
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 180/160/145

Height: 5'7

I am currently going into week 8 & have lost 20 pounds. I have lost interest in veggies & not feeling very hungry. Looks like I have not lost any pounds this week & it is starting to disappoint me. Does anyone have any advice?
MeSoHungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:41 PM   #273  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Check out the Fun with Packets thread in the first sticky threads on the main page -- you will find muffins and more -- basically you use egg white, baking powder, and water to get to the right consistency. Depending on the flavor you want you may add vanilla and spices like cinnamon, apple pie or pumpkin pie spice.

You will find MANY other recipes over in that sticky thread IP Ultimate Recipes.....

it used to be that Lisa32989 was the adminstrator of this Ideal Protein sub forum -- she gathered a lot of FAQ kind of info and put that sticky thread together for us.

Lisa dropped off after being VERY dedicated to the IP community for a couple years, I think. She was really strong on 100 percent protocol no cheats and could be a bit curt in the tone of her posts... some folks reacted negatively to that and I think Lisa decided it was time to move on. She lost a lot of weight on IP and I hope she is doing well.

For those looking for more online support - there are several IP groups on Facebook and most of them are having drama of the same kind that drove Lisa out -- big exit of a lot of folks this week in one of the large groups. And it is hard to have the focused conversations on that format that we can have here. Please don't go there and abandon 3FC!!!

I need you guys!

I had a rough weigh in on Monday -- my home scale showed 215.6 on Monday morning and with clothing 216.6. The IP scale - different than my last one that I weighed on, was 218. That was an uptick on their chart for me.

So the coach picked apart my food diary on MFP - complaining that it was not on the paper form. And a single hard boiled egg and a couple of tablespoons of half and half and another day a half cup of scrambled eggs from the cafeteria at my training location -- having had no milk and no oil that day led to her conclusion that I was no longer in ketosis. I don't think that makes sense -- if I were on Keto totally those items would be in the food plan.

But 2 weeks in a row of fractional increases - stupid on my part to do anything that is not 100 percent protocol, but weighing on different scales and being told that those relatively tiny steps off the path would knock me out of ketosis really made me mad. So I came home on Monday and ate 6 IP packets over the rest of the day, including 2 restricteds.

Dr Phil would say... so how's that working for you?

My home scale shows 215.3 today. I was very good yesterday and am being religious today. Why do I let my mind take me on these sidetracks? I know how to do this and I need to JUST DO THE WORK!!!!

cheryl
Hey Cheryl. Don't worry! I have no plans of going anywhere. And as far as facebook goes, I haven't even looked at any group except janeva's, which I only use for recipe access.

I'm not a doctor or medical or science professional of any kind so this is basically what I've found works for me personally and my opinion, however, ketosis is based on the amount of net carbs consumed. If you are not eating over a certain number of net carbs you are in ketosis, right? So, as long as you are eating food which doesn't have carbs you're going to be in ketosis. Now, milk and cream both have carbs and may be enough to send you out of ketosis because those carbs combined with the veggies carbs and carbs in the IP packets would be too much total net carbs. However, most animal protein doesn't have carbs, so eating carb free animal protein is not going to send you out of ketosis.

So, based on what I understand of ketosis, to me your coach isn't making complete sense, either. Now, I am not advocating cheating. However, as far as the goal of staying in ketosis combined with the goal of not being starving I would think you'd actually be better off picking an animal protein which you have verified to be carb free over eating extra packets, which we know have carbs.

I hope that makes sense and is helpful. I think I lost my point somewhere between typing that and the baby waking up.

Last edited by huskiesbabiesmama; 03-09-2017 at 01:05 AM.
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:48 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 239/160/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSoHungry View Post
I am currently going into week 8 & have lost 20 pounds. I have lost interest in veggies & not feeling very hungry. Looks like I have not lost any pounds this week & it is starting to disappoint me. Does anyone have any advice?
I know that it may be frustrating right now, but just sit down and write in a journal. I'm not even kidding. Write all of the reasons that you decided to do this diet. Then, switch up your IP foods and try different vegetables. Drink your water, stay mindful. Be patient. Would you have lost 20 pounds without IP? Twenty pounds is no small feat! Give yourself some credit. You've worked hard for those twenty pounds. Great job!
Telluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:55 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 180/160/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telluric View Post
I know that it may be frustrating right now, but just sit down and write in a journal. I'm not even kidding. Write all of the reasons that you decided to do this diet. Then, switch up your IP foods and try different vegetables. Drink your water, stay mindful. Be patient. Would you have lost 20 pounds without IP? Twenty pounds is no small feat! Give yourself some credit. You've worked hard for those twenty pounds. Great job!

Thank you for your suggestion. I go in for my 8 week weigh in today & although I know I didnt lose any weight, I know I didnt gain any either. Time to remind myself why I started this.
MeSoHungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:06 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 210/162/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Newbie

Hi there, this is my first post on this site (actually any forum ever :O). I thought it would be good to find some support with my weight loss journey.

A little background: I was thin as a child and in high school but started gaining a lot of weight in college. I worked really hard then to get it off and managed to maintain it for the most part until my 30s. Had my first child in January of this year and gained 60 pounds during pregnancy- bringing me from 150 to 210. That was rough on my body and my mind! Anyways so the first few weeks after having him I dropped about 30 which brought me to 180 (so blessed with that- I'll take it! ) But now I'm struggling with the other 30. I had to stop breast feeding in mid-February so since then I've been amping up my exercise and watching the calories. No movement on the scale for a few weeks so this week I decided to do 60 minutes of cardio each day and eat very clean... I've lost about 4 pounds with that.

First question for the group- Is losing 4 pounds in a week too aggressive? I still have about 20 to lose. I go back to work in 4 weeks and would love to lose 10 of those (this way i don't have to buy a whole new work wardrobe). Is 10 pounds in 4 weeks realistic? 2.5 pounds a week?

Thanks for everyone's inspiring stories and motivating responses!
jeaton04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #277  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaton04 View Post
Hi there, this is my first post on this site (actually any forum ever :O). I thought it would be good to find some support with my weight loss journey.

A little background: I was thin as a child and in high school but started gaining a lot of weight in college. I worked really hard then to get it off and managed to maintain it for the most part until my 30s. Had my first child in January of this year and gained 60 pounds during pregnancy- bringing me from 150 to 210. That was rough on my body and my mind! Anyways so the first few weeks after having him I dropped about 30 which brought me to 180 (so blessed with that- I'll take it! ) But now I'm struggling with the other 30. I had to stop breast feeding in mid-February so since then I've been amping up my exercise and watching the calories. No movement on the scale for a few weeks so this week I decided to do 60 minutes of cardio each day and eat very clean... I've lost about 4 pounds with that.

First question for the group- Is losing 4 pounds in a week too aggressive? I still have about 20 to lose. I go back to work in 4 weeks and would love to lose 10 of those (this way i don't have to buy a whole new work wardrobe). Is 10 pounds in 4 weeks realistic? 2.5 pounds a week?

Welcome!

Are you following the ideal protein protocol, with IP products or alternative products?

Last edited by huskiesbabiesmama; 03-09-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 155/136/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaton04 View Post

Hello and welcome! I am pretty new to this forum too, so welcome! I had 25 pounds to lose total, so I started about where you are now. The first week or so I was able to lose 4 pounds, but eventually I slowed down to 2. I think this will likely happen to you, but dont get discouraged! It means you are closer than ever before to your goal! Honestly I have about 4 pounds to go, and I expect it to truly take 2 (or ugghhhhh maybe 3) weeks. But, I feel great, I like shopping again, and everyone has been complimenting me.

You are doing great, and congratulations on the baby! Use this blog as a tool to keep going, you can do it!
hannahrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #279  

Default Ughughugh

Well, I didn't so much fall off the wagon yesterday as I leapt off of it with a frenzied scream. Ate 9 chicken nuggets (from home) and a ton and a half of sweet potato tater tots. That was around noon yesterday. I wasn't hungry again until about 11 this morning. Oh, yeah. And cookies. Almost forgot the cookies.

Sigh. What is with the self sabotage? When am I going to grow some will power?

Back at it today. Feeling....I don't know. Not happy with myself, anyway.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #280  

Hello, I became a member yesterday. I'm hoping I get myself sorted out and motivated to keep going. I have no particular diet plan in mind. I know my weak point is sugar and I snack all the time. I'm going to try in increase fruit and veg and decrease my sugar intake over the next few weeks. In the mean time I plan on reading through some of the other pages to figure out which plan I can realistically follow.
Today I wrote what I ate on the back of the receipt from the supermarket. I can see already that my morning and afternoon was healthy and controlled. Then at about 7pm I started snacking on sweet things while I was getting the kids food ready.
This is where I want to get a handle on the food aspect of loosing weight.
Any suggestions or ideas to help me are very welcome.
Mommy struggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:48 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 155/136/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskiesbabiesmama View Post
Well, I didn't so much fall off the wagon yesterday as I leapt off of it with a frenzied scream. Ate 9 chicken nuggets (from home) and a ton and a half of sweet potato tater tots. That was around noon yesterday. I wasn't hungry again until about 11 this morning. Oh, yeah. And cookies. Almost forgot the cookies.

Sigh. What is with the self sabotage? When am I going to grow some will power?

Back at it today. Feeling....I don't know. Not happy with myself, anyway.
Huskiesbabiesmama, don't beat yourself up so much. Yes you ate what you shouldn't have, but I would be willing to bet you show will power in many other areas in life. It is not a lack of will power, you made a mistake.

All you can do is move forward. ANYONE who is successful with IP has had made these same mistakes. IP is super strict, and because of that sometimes when we "cheat" we really really cheat. If you feel the urge next time, try to add another packet and take a walk (or **** a trip to the mall or target haha, whatever works for you). An extra packet isn't going to wreck anything, and neither are 9 chicken nuggets. Just keep going lady, you can do it!
hannahrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #282  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahrose View Post
Huskiesbabiesmama, don't beat yourself up so much. Yes you ate what you shouldn't have, but I would be willing to bet you show will power in many other areas in life. It is not a lack of will power, you made a mistake.

All you can do is move forward. ANYONE who is successful with IP has had made these same mistakes. IP is super strict, and because of that sometimes when we "cheat" we really really cheat. If you feel the urge next time, try to add another packet and take a walk (or **** a trip to the mall or target haha, whatever works for you). An extra packet isn't going to wreck anything, and neither are 9 chicken nuggets. Just keep going lady, you can do it!
Thanks hannahrose! I needed to hear that.

I've been brutally op today. I just need to keep my goals first in my mind and remember how I felt after eating all those carbs. So bloated and uncomfortable!

Onward and upward!
Old 03-11-2017, 10:50 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Lots to catch up on, apologies if I forget something important!

Nice to see some new 'faces'

Huskiesbabiesmama, it's over and done with, good on you jumping straight back on to protocol!

My memory is shot and I can't scroll back to see what else I've missed!

Anyway, it is Sunday here (weigh in tomorrow) and I am only down 100g for the week so far -WT??!! Last week I lost 1.9kg and I've never lost less than 1kg per week so I'm feeling pretty darn annoyed quite truthfully. Only 'changes' I've made is I've been having zucchini roasted for lunch veggies (normally spinach) and I bought a new brand of olive oil but I did check and it is the correct stuff. It was TOM but I've had that twice before on this journey and always lost no differently that week. Any ideas?

I'm also feeling well and truly over meat for some reason. Is there vegetarian plans to follow? I was raised as a vegetarian as my mum is vegetarian so meat eating is something I only started in my adulthood. I will have a search and see what comes up. I cannot eat eggs unless in a cake mix
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Weighed in this morning and I'm down 500g for the week. I was feeling really bummed until I thought about if I was on a 'normal' diet and this would be a great weight loss.

Cannot catch a break though, have had the toddler and preschooler both with gastro. I am beyond exhausted. Had the carpet cleaner come this morning thanks to preschoolers sickness in the wee hours today. And of course I am convinced I will get it but really hope I don't! Yuck! ��
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 193/188/148

Height: 5'9

Default Thankful for ya'll!

Thanks for the link to the recipes!

I'm happy because I'm still on program. This has NEVER happened. My friends took me out for my birthday and I even brought the Dorados to dip in salsa. It was at that point that I realized that my WANTING to be successful this time might be the tipping point that makes it really work. Seriously, I've started like a million diets and failed a million times.
(My mom has told me over the last couple years that maybe I just didn't want it enough.) ? Still not sure about that. But...

I love the idea of going back and writing down the WHY behind choosing this diet to start with.

My why:
Overeating feels good and has an immediate reward of numbing my bad feelings. But overeating and drinking has had a long-term effect of really hurting my heart on a daily basis. The weight that packs on makes me feel isolated, ashamed, embarrassed, regretful, and often hopeless.
I'm working to find a better way to deal with my bad feelings. Namely, I'm slowing down and praying to God. Even though I'm really scared to actually feel all the ugly stuff in there, I am being brave, and honest, and telling God all the stuff that is hurting me. Then he comforts me. Fat free!

What's your why?
Brave is offline   Reply With Quote