Old 02-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 180/160/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the motivation. I really want to continue and not give up but I really want to start seeing more results. My DH says he notices a difference and is very encouraging. This diet is starting to leave my pockets empty and I guess that's also making me want to give up.
MeSoHungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:20 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 249/243/190

Height: 5'8"

Hello all,

I just started IP a week ago. Today was my first weigh in and I lost 6 pounds. It has been hard to move from high carb and low veggie diet to something like IP. But it feels good to see those pounds reducing. It's motivating. Hopefully I can stay on track and stick to the diet until I reach my goal weight. Looking forward to interact with you all to stay motivated.

Cheers.
uday029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:11 AM   #183  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Uday029- I totally know what you mean. I think my old food routine was 80% carb. I am having a really hard time fitting 4 cups of veggies in each day + the IP packets + protein. It feels like too much food. Coach suggested blending some of the veggies into morning IP drink so I may eventually try that (if I can get past the yuck factor of drinking veggies).

Last edited by howdytx; 02-09-2017 at 10:11 AM.
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #184  
Started IP 12/16/16

S/C/G: 209/143/150

After a few weeks of 1-2 pound losses, it is nice to have a 4.2 pound loss today!
Lita2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

I made it almost successfully through Day 2, I couldn't eat all of my dinner as I developed a bad headache and couldn't stomach it.

I found the first time around that the first week was rough. Not mentally because of the diet change, but physically my body went through a rough transition. By the end of day two I developed a migraine that kept me in bed for three days and I could hardly eat a thing. I'm hoping last nights headache will be the worst of it this time around.

I like veggies and don't blend them in the drinks, but I hear a cup of spinach is not noticeable, or if you are into baking the packets some zucchini thrown in helps keep it moist and you don't really taste it.
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:34 PM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita2 View Post
After a few weeks of 1-2 pound losses, it is nice to have a 4.2 pound loss today!
That's great
Old 02-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Quote:
Great loss! What week are you?
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:20 PM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday029 View Post
Hello all,

I just started IP a week ago. Today was my first weigh in and I lost 6 pounds. It has been hard to move from high carb and low veggie diet to something like IP. But it feels good to see those pounds reducing. It's motivating. Hopefully I can stay on track and stick to the diet until I reach my goal weight. Looking forward to interact with you all to stay motivated.

Cheers.
Hi! Great first loss!! I was (and probably still am lol) a carb addict but I'm not sure why as I always felt crap after eating them
Old 02-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #189  

What's everyone's moods like?

I am on struggle street a bit. The kids are driving me demented. I have two at school (second week back after 6 week Christmas break) and they come home starving everyday and precede to snack on everything in sight. I need to stop this. They are genuinely hungry though so it's really hard but it's the flow on that is driving me mental; dinner time! Arrgghhh!! The big two (8&6yrs) barely eat anything at the dinner table, 4 year old hates everything and the baby (16months) some days loves dinner and sometimes whinges and carries on. Hip hip hooray for family meal times ...NOT! The husband doesn't get home until 6pm so eating earlier does not work but even when I've tried that they are beyond fussy eaters and I'm tired of standing in the kitchen with a baby/toddler whinging at me, sweating my butt off (height of summer here, predicted 44 degrees Celsius today) for no one to appreciate or eat (except the husband!) their dinner! Last night I had a shameful tantrum and ranted and raved -ooops! I'm just so sick of it and this intense rage feeling is new for me. Am I just burnt out of this whole mum gig or is IP making me short tempered??

Sorry it's so long, tip of the ice berg really with how fed up and 'ragey' I feel about pretty much everything!
Old 02-10-2017, 08:59 AM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
Am I just burnt out of this whole mum gig or is IP making me short tempered??

Sorry it's so long, tip of the ice berg really with how fed up and 'ragey' I feel about pretty much everything!
Sorry to read of your struggles. I do know that we can have mood swings and such as hormones are released into the body from the fat that you are losing, not entirely sure of the science, but it is most likely from that.

Ok, I still had a few vanilla RTD that I finished off the first couple of days from a failed reboot earlier. And then I went in to buy new food and see that they have changed the vanilla RTD; more calories, more carbs...WHY!?!?! Also, not as good. I hate when companies reformulate things and not for the better.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #191  

Quote:

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I also have kiddos around the same ages (mine are younger) and I find it really hard sometimes to manage their eating needs and mine when they are so different. Also, I'm getting a lot of questions about why I'm not eating the same stuff as them and my 2 year old routinely is sad that I won't eat the snacks she offers me, since she likes to share. It's really hard! I haven't found any good solutions, but I do think it's better for my kiddos to have a mama at the healthy weight, so I am persevering. But you are not alone! Plus, the requests to bake stuff all the time are making me kind of nuts too- who is going to eat all these things they want to bake everyday? NOT ME. LOL
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:07 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Fithappy....

Can I be honest? I think that's the one thing no one here on the boards can admit about IP.
I am exactly like you on IP. I have 4 kids.... 8,6,4 and a 6 month old. They act exactly like your kids. I feed them dinner after school and they are in the fridge the whole night after dinner. The only time they aren't is when I put out tons of snacks on the island, or if I pick food up, which is not healthy at all btw..... but some nights I need a break, so I do it.
The first time I did IP I was successful in losing the weight in 2012-2013, but I almost got divorced. I actually filed.... because I was angry all the time, and I didn't know that the diet was the reason.... I was emotionally disconnecting from everyone that was upsetting me except my kids.... I decided to do short re-boots now, because I had the same overwhelming anger and stress in January. so I lost 8 lbs and stopped....

I personally share your experiences, and I can be honest that you are not alone.

take a break if you think its too much.... I did and I feel better and happier.

xoxoxox
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #193  

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdytx View Post
Uday029- I totally know what you mean. I think my old food routine was 80% carb. I am having a really hard time fitting 4 cups of veggies in each day + the IP packets + protein. It feels like too much food. Coach suggested blending some of the veggies into morning IP drink so I may eventually try that (if I can get past the yuck factor of drinking veggies).
Veggies is surely the hardest part for me as well. My coach suggested the same thing - mix veggies with IP products to make them more palatable. I have been doing that for past couple of days and it definitely has been easy (relatively) to consume veggies.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:09 PM   #194  

Quote:
That is awesome. Big weight loss weeks are good motivators. Cheers.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #195  

Quote:

I am on struggle street a bit. The kids are driving me demented. I have two at school (second week back after 6 week Christmas break) and they come home starving everyday and precede to snack on everything in sight. I need to stop this. They are genuinely hungry though so it's really hard but it's the flow on that is driving me mental; dinner time! Arrgghhh!! The big two (8&6yrs) barely eat anything at the dinner table, 4 year old hates everything and the baby (16months) some days loves dinner and sometimes whinges and carries on. Hip hip hooray for family meal times ...NOT! The husband doesn't get home until 6pm so eating earlier does not work but even when I've tried that they are beyond fussy eaters and I'm tired of standing in the kitchen with a baby/toddler whinging at me, sweating my butt off (height of summer here, predicted 44 degrees Celsius today) for no one to appreciate or eat (except the husband!) their dinner! Last night I had a shameful tantrum and ranted and raved -ooops! I'm just so sick of it and this intense rage feeling is new for me. Am I just burnt out of this whole mum gig or is IP making me short tempered??

Frustrated, depressed, deprived, discouraged, easily annoyed, and a slightly shorter fuse than usual with my 6 year old. Buuuut, this isn't all that new. I've been feeling many of these things since about September. My husband has been in the Middle East (non-military) since June and it is really wearing on me to be the only adult handling the house, the 6 year old and the 12 month old All The Time. Add trying desperately to lose weight and often failing and eating my emotions and undoing all my hard work (I had pizza last night )... Yeah. I'm struggling here.
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote