Old 04-26-2017, 11:54 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Gosh it's hard to start again! My appetite has not recovered from the gastro completely. I'm eating my meals when I can but struggling to either eat them or finish them. Drinking lots of water is challenging too. Hoping tomorrow I am 100% and can get back on track to finish this program!

Scales are remaining steady so that's one thing at least.
How's everyone else doing?
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:48 AM   #377  

FnH, I'm was hoping you'd check in. Glad you see you are recovering. Hope you are feeling much better tomorrow.

Looking more and more likely that we will get sent to the Deep South. We will know for sure tomorrow afternoon. I'm having a really hard time with the idea, but I am forcing myself not to go crazy with the comfort food. Had my weigh - in Monday and I'm down 3lbs. I'm running out of time. I think I have about 6 weeks left to stay on the program, I can't afford to cheat! But I still have 27lbs to go. Aaahhhhh! Feeling so stressed just thinking about it, which of course makes me want to eat. I've got to figure out how to rewire my brain in regards to how I view and use food. Ugh.
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:23 AM   #378  

Huskiesbabiesmama, no wise words I'm afraid but feeling for you! I don't know where the 'Deep South' is but it doesn't sound all that appealing, fingers crossed you find out it's elsewhere where you know you'll be happier. Great work being minus three more!!

I got a phone call from the school to pick up my eldest boy -vomiting! Argh! He's been awesome though, laid on the lounge in the front lounge room and rested and when he's been sick he's now of an age where he can either get to the bathroom or use the bucket. Feel so sorry for him, I know exactly how he is feeling. My husband is away until the weekend so I'm hoping my daughter isn't next.

Tomorrow I am going to be 100% OP again, I'm drinking water a lot more tolerably this afternoon. Dinner wasn't a full meal though. Nearly bedtime here. I'm anxious about my boy though so I'm going to sit up awhile longer.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:50 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 230/212/170

Height: 5'4

First Weigh In last night and I'm down 8.4 LBS !!!
OH MY GOSH!!!
I'm starting to really believe in this diet
breesbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 143/138/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by breesbliss View Post
First Weigh In last night and I'm down 8.4 LBS !!!
OH MY GOSH!!!
I'm starting to really believe in this diet

That's awesome breebliss!! You are going to do great! more dancing carrots lol!
jana7212011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 188/180/150

Height: 5'7"

What a busy time of year this is! I've had no time this week to get onto this page, and I could have used the encouragement! Stayed OP, though. Lost 3.3 at my weigh in last week, and have my next one tomorrow. Question: The protocol calls for 2 calmags at dinner, and 2 more at night, but I never take the night ones. My coach tells me their purpose is to help the fat find its way out of the body. Truth? Shouldn't 2 a day be plenty?
LucyLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #382  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLoo View Post
What a busy time of year this is! I've had no time this week to get onto this page, and I could have used the encouragement! Stayed OP, though. Lost 3.3 at my weigh in last week, and have my next one tomorrow. Question: The protocol calls for 2 calmags at dinner, and 2 more at night, but I never take the night ones. My coach tells me their purpose is to help the fat find its way out of the body. Truth? Shouldn't 2 a day be plenty?

You would think 2 would be enough. I haaaate swallowing the big horse pills. Often times I go to bed within an hour or two of having dinner so I feel like it's too soon to take more meds (but I do)
Old 05-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 188/180/150

Height: 5'7"

Breesbliss: No kidding: They're HUGE! and expensive. So, unless some of the others weigh in (see what I did there...?), I'm only taking the 2. I'm 4 more lbs down today.
LucyLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:15 AM   #384  

Fantastic results breesbliss & LucyLoo

We don't have the same supplements here in Aus so can't help on the cal mag front, sorry!

I am finally(!!!!) back on track. Going off course has not been a good experience at all. The vomiting bug did the rounds of the household (minus the husband and my daughter lucky lucky people) and then total loss of appetite, water consumption drastically reduced too as I just could not stomach it. I've become sensitive to some foods I was enjoying (quest chips, spinach & zucchini are now on the 'no thanks' list, hopefully temporarily) and the feeling of not quite being right in the stomach lingered on for over a week. Urgh!

Good news is my smaller pants are getting quite baggy and I need to downsize again shortly. People are noticing and commenting which is nice and I'm trying to say thank you gracefully instead of pretending I'm the same lol

I emailed my coach saying I was going to phase off and haven't heard a word from her, it's been nearly two weeks! So suffice to saying there isn't much 'coaching' going on. Haven't reported my weekly weigh & measure and she hasn't contacted me either. Quite disappointing really but that's life I guess.

So glad to read updates and touch base again. Love to hear how everyone is getting on
Old 05-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #385  

That's great ^^^

keep it up!!
Old 05-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #386  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLoo View Post
Breesbliss: No kidding: They're HUGE! and expensive. So, unless some of the others weigh in (see what I did there...?), I'm only taking the 2. I'm 4 more lbs down today.
I'm not sure how much they are because it was part of my very first appt with the consult/food etc.

do you know how much they are? (I'm sure most places are about the same price)

and good job on the 4 lbs! :-)
Old 05-04-2017, 03:30 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

I don't know how to go about posting a PDF but here is a link from a clinic that contains the same info Ideal Protein gives you: https://www.idealweightlossclinic.co...to-do-without/ It explains the supplements and their reasoning why you need to take as many as is directed by the protocol. If you google "Ideal Protein Supplements" you'll will also find the Ideal Protein info sheet in PDF.

Also, stopped for over a month!! Thought I could have a cheat day on my BDay and get right back on, but I wasn't ready until now, back into week one. Thankfully I didn't gain back everything I'd lost in those 5 weeks!

Last edited by DeterminedDieter; 05-04-2017 at 03:32 PM. Reason: additional personal post instead of having two.
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:31 PM   #388  

Thanks Breesbliss!

Good work on restarting determined dieter! Sounds like you needed the break

Finally got through a whole day 100% on protocol yesterday and still on track today. Didn't particularly want my veggies but I made myself and drank 6litres of water for the day. I have been thinking of trying a herbal tea of an afternoon just to have something different. To date I haven't had anything but water to drink since January! We don't water enhancers or anything available to us here and I have never been a coffee drinker. Does anyone drink tea?

We are coming into winter, how have you all kept on track with winter and wanting 'comfort' food? I have definitely been hungrier on colder days and it's only autumn!
Old 05-07-2017, 09:49 PM   #389  

Urgh! 16 pounds to goal and I'm so sick of the program. I know all the positives, I really do think IP is fantastic and easy to follow, it's just so darn frustrating how slow this end but is. Any tips to speed up the end losses? Thanks
Old 05-08-2017, 06:37 AM   #390  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
Urgh! 16 pounds to goal and I'm so sick of the program. I know all the positives, I really do think IP is fantastic and easy to follow, it's just so darn frustrating how slow this end but is. Any tips to speed up the end losses? Thanks
I know it's frustrating but hang in there! I'm down to my last 15 and I'm fighting for every ounce right now. Sometimes I lose 1/2 lb a week. I try to re-frame and think of it as practicing for maintenance.

One thing I've found is I needed to up my fat a little so I'll have a fattier cut of steak or ground beef and I don't know if it's coincidence or not but I'm always down the next day. Or I'll add an extra teaspoon or 2 of olive oil.

People in the past have suggested a "cheat" meal. I don't want to be harsh but they are sometimes never heard from again on the forums. I've been here long enough to see a pattern. Keep at it, it will happen!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote