Old 02-16-2017, 04:50 PM   #211  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Good going everyone! I am struggling a bit while car traveling... but staying low carb the best I can - having a real natural protein and veggie dinner out tonite.... fish or shell fish here I come!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Good luck oneuh2! Do you travel for work?

All going well here. thinking about trying to make some cookies out of the pudding mix to take with me to indoor soccer this afternoon for my snack as my pudding shake is transportable but it's a bit obvious I'm trying to lose weight if you know what I mean. I hate questions and the criticisms people make (especially from a bunch of 'school mums' haha!!). Will see what I decide as I haven't tried anything like that yet.
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #213  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Checking in: week 2 loss 5.8 pounds, total of 11.8 pounds. Is anyone using Janeva's Ideal Recipes book? I just ordered it because I can't imagine eating the same few things for the next .... however many months. Finally feeling up to exercising so I think tomorrow will be my 1st day back at it. Keep chugging along guys!

Last edited by howdytx; 02-18-2017 at 04:44 PM.
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #214  

Default Still not in ketosis

In my experience (from my past big IP experience and a couple mini rounds), it has usually taken me about 3-4 days to get into ketosis. I am on day 5 of my restart and texted with ketostix this morning (I have always done tgis and it's been reliable for me). I'm still not in ketosis. Have been totally OP, plenty of water. Has it taken anyone else this long to get in ketosis?
sparklemarkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #215  

Default new to IP alternatives

hoping i drop about 45 lbs. also will be on here for support. want my jeans to fit again w/o the muffin top
jeansfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #216  

Welcome jeansfit! That's a goal of mine too

Howdytx, fantastic loss!!

I saw a '75' on the scale this morning (75.7) which is a kind of big deal because when I first lost all my weight after my third baby 75 was the point where I felt really good, this time I don't feel that feeling at all. So strange! Maybe because I was so happy with clothes/body etc at 65/60kg?? Anyway, I was very pleased to see I have arrived in the mid 70's.

I think I must be the most boring loser though, lost 1.2 again which is what I have lost pretty much every week except for the first I'm happy with being consistently boring though

I joined Janeva's FB group and have been reading a lot of the posts and some of the dishes people are making look great. Haven't made any myself though. Did make muffins and they were awful I hate to say. The taste was quite good but the rubbery texture grossed me out so bad I couldn't eat them.

NSV here too. Baby is sick and has been beyond miserable, preschooler got a tummy bug and has been vomiting. Normally this type of 'disaster' sends me into a spiral of emotional eating but I haven't gone there. I am the worlds worst person with sickness (I don't ever really get sick thankfully), especially when it comes to the children. The neediness and totally understandable miserableness makes me feel totally helpless, stressed to the max and exhausted.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:05 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemarkle View Post
In my experience (from my past big IP experience and a couple mini rounds), it has usually taken me about 3-4 days to get into ketosis. I am on day 5 of my restart and texted with ketostix this morning (I have always done tgis and it's been reliable for me). I'm still not in ketosis. Have been totally OP, plenty of water. Has it taken anyone else this long to get in ketosis?
Hi there, I commented on your other post in a different thread.... Hang in there everyone is different and the ketostix are crap anyhow. If you really want to know if you are making ketone bodies and burning them for fuel you need a blood ketone monitor. It's all unnecessary anyhow, just keep to the plan... you already know it works.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:26 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 169/156/139

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdytx View Post
Checking in: week 2 loss 5.8 pounds, total of 11.8 pounds. Is anyone using Janeva's Ideal Recipes book? I just ordered it because I can't imagine eating the same few things for the next .... however many months. Finally feeling up to exercising so I think tomorrow will be my 1st day back at it. Keep chugging along guys!
I would love to know what you think about the cookbook when you've tried it. I saw the price and had a bit of sticker shock and didn't want to pay a lot if it proved to be the same old, same old.
Staybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #219  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
Good luck oneuh2! Do you travel for work?

All going well here. thinking about trying to make some cookies out of the pudding mix to take with me to indoor soccer this afternoon for my snack as my pudding shake is transportable but it's a bit obvious I'm trying to lose weight if you know what I mean. I hate questions and the criticisms people make (especially from a bunch of 'school mums' haha!!). Will see what I decide as I haven't tried anything like that yet.
How were your cookies? I find muffins are a bit easier for me to make but i like having them for grab and go. Just read more posts and I see the rubbery texture got to you... I add cauli rice or grated sucker - both take on flavors you give them e.g. Cinnamon and vanilla.... and I bake them longer so they hold their shape as much as possible.

I am lucky NOT to have to travel for my job. I have a condo in SC that I go to several times a year - I am on the board and we just had our annual owners meeting. It's a long 9 hour drive. And this trip I had to stay in another condo - mine was rented - none of my usual kitchen staples etc. I fell off program esp Sat nite dinner with friends - but I have recovered since then.

Weigh in at clinic today.

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-22-2017 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:49 AM   #220  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staybee View Post
I would love to know what you think about the cookbook when you've tried it. I saw the price and had a bit of sticker shock and didn't want to pay a lot if it proved to be the same old, same old.
Go to Janeva's FB page and check the files posted there - at least 25 free recipes. If you like those you will like the book.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Hello fellow IPeeps,

Glad you are feeling back on track oneuh2, being away from home can be a challenge to stay on plan for sure. I have a cabin weekend coming up that I am trying to plan for.

I have heard nothing but praise for Janeva's recipes. I have checked out her files and there are lots of options to try. If checking from a mobile device app you may not see them all. I like the texas turtle muffins from the mug cake packet recipe. I found I didn't like the texture of it if made with packet directions, but doctored up with her recipe they are great, I get two nice sized regular muffins (I don't have a giant pan one)

I am down one pound week 2. I've had a cold and some days I didn't couldn't get in all my food as I just didn't feel up to eating, so I am just glad to have a loss at all. It held steady at last weeks WI until the last day it seemed! (Daily weigh-ins) and now the next day it's down another .5lb!

I hope everyone, especially those who are struggling, remembers that it works and they are worth it. Keep flexing that will power muscle and have an OP day!
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #222  
oneuh2

Hi there guys!

I have already posted my WI results on the Rebooter's thread -- another good week of 2.2 lbs down!

I wish I could keep my mind on the fact that if I can drop 2.2 lbs while cutting corners here and there due to travel or whatever - I could really be dropping more, and faster. I need to remind myself that if I think I am shrinking too slowly, I only have myself to blame.

Anyway - lets see how the results are coming IPeeps! We have several newbies here, and I am always thrilled by the early week losses!
Old 02-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #223  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

*waves* Briefly popping by for an update. Week 3 weigh-in results: -3.2 pounds, total loss: 14.8 pounds (averaging about 5 pounds per week). Went to bookstore afterward and rewarded myself by buying too many books (my to-be-read pile is growing....) Have a great one y'all!

*pops back in* oh shoot! I forgot to add extra excitement... newest weight is below 200! whoop!
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #224  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdytx View Post
*waves* Briefly popping by for an update. Week 3 weigh-in results: -3.2 pounds, total loss: 14.8 pounds (averaging about 5 pounds per week). Went to bookstore afterward and rewarded myself by buying too many books (my to-be-read pile is growing....) Have a great one y'all!

*pops back in* oh shoot! I forgot to add extra excitement... newest weight is below 200! whoop!
HOORAY for you!! One-derland!! Terrific! I am jealous!!!
Old 02-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #225  

That's fantastic howdytx! Well done!!

Oneuh2 and determined dieter, great losses for you both too! Hope you're over the illness DD.

I didn't make the cookies oneuh2, can't remember why exactly. Our household has been full of sick kids so I've been in survival mode a bit. Husband got home last night so that was a relief.

I try to be really positive about it all but sometimes this process seems to be taking too long -which is a ridiculous notion I know- but I keep thinking that by now I should be needing smaller clothes but I don't. My clothes fit a lot better for sure but there is no epic bagging up and donating like I imagined there would be at this point. I understand the whole 'paper towel' thing and all that but well...it's just bummed me out a bit. My coach has my goal at 75kg because I said I felt great at 75 when I lost all my weight in 2014 but this time at 75 I feel blah. Such a silly thing!

Hope everyone else is doing well and feeling great love coming on here and reading other people's experiences