Old 03-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #256  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave View Post
Hey guys!
I'm new to the forum, and to be honest, new to the "forum" format. I'm used to Facebook and texting of course - so I'll just brace for a learning curve.

I'm in my 40s with two elementary aged kids. Married for 15 years.

5'9. Lowest weight ever: 148. Starting weight two weeks ago: 193.
I lost 5 pounds the first week (wow! yay!) and I think I've lost a few this week. I have my second weigh in today.

So far I am really, really happy with this Ideal Protein diet. Geez LOUISE it is SO expensive!!! I think it's weird though, psychologically, because since I dumped SO much money into it, it actually seems to really keep me from cheating.

I've done tons of diets before (Weight Watchers, Paleo, Vegan, lots and lots of entering my foods on My Fitness Pal) - But this one is really effective for telling me EXACTLY what to eat. There's no guessing or rounding on calories/quantities.

I'm also glad to be starting this time of year so that I can see results for SUMMER! I know that's really trite, but seriously. I so want to enjoy the summer and feel young and healthy and free to move around and be myself. SO done feeling self-conscious, shame, jealousy, comparison.... Bla, bla, bla. I'm so excited to feel more "me" - and move and play and feel good.

Thanks for letting me crash the party! I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'll.
Welcome! Do your kids make comments about the meal packets? My 6 year old is fascinated by this whole process, but, of course, only in the most awkward moments.

I'd never heard of kale chips before and I've gotta say, I don't think I'm brave enough to try that!

Last edited by huskiesbabiesmama; 03-07-2017 at 03:32 PM.
huskiesbabiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:11 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 239/160/145

Height: 5'7

Can we talk about roasted turnips? So GOOD. I usually default to spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, and cucumbers but I've been trying to switch it up since I've been getting bored. Roasted turnips taste like roasted sweet potatoes to me. Try it! I'm a sucker for french fries, so this is perfect! Roasted asparagus is really good, as well.

I met friends at a restaurant and I was really nervous about unintentionally cheating. I ordered the salmon entree without the vinaigrette it came with and asked for grilled and compliant veggies all cooked "dry". I was afraid to ask the server questions about the preparation because my friends do not know that I'm on the IP diet. I was happy when they brought out the salmon and veggies sans sauce or extra carbs. Later, they bought me a cannoli and I chose something I wouldn't be tempted by. I gave it to my coworkers the next day. As a former binge eater, this kind of self-control is so WEIRD, but so cool. It didn't even really bother me. I hope I can continue these behaviors in maintenance. (The self-control, not so much the lying by omission and regifting desserts.)

How is everyone's week going? Did you have any challenges or victories?

Keep up the good work!
Telluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:21 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Welcome Brave!! I tend to agree about the price, keeps me on the 100% OP path for sure.

Tulleric, well done on the eating out! I haven't been game to try eating out since I started in January (we normally eat out at least weekly).

Huskiebabiesmama, I'm afraid I'm with you on the kale chips I really should try them though as I am at the point of struggling with veggies and have no desire to experiment due to the time etc in case I don't like them, and they do sound easy and perhaps tasty!?

I'm really really happy with my numbers this week as I have passed the half way point to goal so nice to see I am closer to my goal and the kilograms to lose getting less and less.

What's everyone's plans for Easter? I LOVE Easter chocolate so it's going to be a challenge for sure.
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:59 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 155/136/130

Height: 5'3"

What are kale chips?! I might be willing to try haha. I am wondering if any of your coaches are aware of this website? When I mentioned it to mine she was shocked something like this existed, but I feel like if you just google IP this website comes up!

Also, for anyone who has done IP before, what is the last week with your coach like? My goal was 130, but I feel like if I am at 132 I just want to be done (I have alternative products I have been mixing in, so I will still get to goal, but I just want to wrap up going every week!). Do coaches usually push you to wait until you are right at the exact amount? I think this week I am just going to tell her "next week, as long as I am within a few pounds, is going to be my last week" thoughts? Did any of you continue going to check ins? She mentioned monthly, but I think they just want to sell me stuff haha! Good luck this week everyone!
hannahrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:35 PM   #260  

S/C/G: S214/C190.0/G114

Height: 5'2"

Week 5 weigh-in: Back to my regular IP coach this week. Also, I will be weighing in at the same location each week instead of moving back & forth (not majorly important, but may have some variation between scales and electrical pulse generators).

Down another 2 pounds. When she said that I was like, “Only two pounds?” Not necessarily sad, just disappointed it wasn’t more than 2, which is insanity! I had gotten used to a 5 pound loss each week, but I know I can’t sustain a 5 pound weight loss *every* week. And 2 pounds in a week on any other diet I would be throwing a party. Plus, even if I continue to lose 2 pounds a week, in a whole year that would be 104 pounds, so not too shabby, right? So–booya! Keep it up self! You got this!

On a sad note, IP coach informed me that the IP mac & cheese packet is the worst product they have and people regularly return uneaten packets (because there’s 6 in a box) even though you can’t get a refund or trade them for other ones. They are THAT BAD. Pre-diet, mac & cheese was pretty much my all-time favorite guilty pleasure. If it was on the menu, I ordered it. Finding out the IP alternative is inedible makes me miss it even more. Is it time to start composing odes to carbs? Maybe not yet, though I have been binge-watching more of The Great British Bake Off...

Last edited by howdytx; 03-06-2017 at 04:35 PM.
howdytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:33 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Howdytx, I have been wishing they'd being the mac &a cheese to Australia, really really would love to try it. I see some people on a fb page I follow love it and others don't so I wouldn't take her word for it being horrid until you try it. I've also seen people use the cheese component as cheese sauce in other recipes -yum! I'm so jealous of your range, I just read and drool

Hannah rose, I've never done it before but do you see your coach while phasing off or have you done that already?

NSV here, today my jeans are FINALLY too loose this same pair I've worn pre weight loss and throughout have been my big bear because they continued to fit (more comfortably for sure) which has frustrated me. This morning at the shops I had to keep pulling them up and even rolled them up because they were driving me mad
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:20 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 155/136/130

Height: 5'3"

Fitnhappy / Howdytx dont get too upset about the mac and cheese, honestly it is not good. The noodles are a strange texture and the cheese sauce is a less flavorful kraft macaroni and cheese. If you simply cannot live without mac and cheese it might be worth trying, but I would only buy one, not a pack of 6 if at all possible!
hannahrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #263  

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdytx View Post
Week 5 weigh-in: Back to my regular IP coach this week. Also, I will be weighing in at the same location each week instead of moving back & forth (not majorly important, but may have some variation between scales and electrical pulse generators).

Down another 2 pounds. When she said that I was like, “Only two pounds?” Not necessarily sad, just disappointed it wasn’t more than 2, which is insanity! I had gotten used to a 5 pound loss each week, but I know I can’t sustain a 5 pound weight loss *every* week. And 2 pounds in a week on any other diet I would be throwing a party. Plus, even if I continue to lose 2 pounds a week, in a whole year that would be 104 pounds, so not too shabby, right? So–booya! Keep it up self! You got this!

On a sad note, IP coach informed me that the IP mac & cheese packet is the worst product they have and people regularly return uneaten packets (because there’s 6 in a box) even though you can’t get a refund or trade them for other ones. They are THAT BAD. Pre-diet, mac & cheese was pretty much my all-time favorite guilty pleasure. If it was on the menu, I ordered it. Finding out the IP alternative is inedible makes me miss it even more. Is it time to start composing odes to carbs? Maybe not yet, though I have been binge-watching more of The Great British Bake Off...
Yeah, the only thing the mac and cheese is good for is decorating the trash bag. I took one bite and threw the rest away. I had such high hopes but they were all shattered on the rocks of fake-carb disappointment.

Everything else I've tried I've been able to finish even if I didn't like it, but the mac and cheese and the rotini both went straight in the trash.

Congrats on 2bls down! I know we get used to the bigger loses and disappointed with the "small" ones, but 2lbs is a lot for one week even if we've seen bigger losses before.

Last edited by huskiesbabiesmama; 03-07-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #264  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
Howdytx, I have been wishing they'd being the mac &a cheese to Australia, really really would love to try it. I see some people on a fb page I follow love it and others don't so I wouldn't take her word for it being horrid until you try it. I've also seen people use the cheese component as cheese sauce in other recipes -yum! I'm so jealous of your range, I just read and drool

Hannah rose, I've never done it before but do you see your coach while phasing off or have you done that already?

NSV here, today my jeans are FINALLY too loose this same pair I've worn pre weight loss and throughout have been my big bear because they continued to fit (more comfortably for sure) which has frustrated me. This morning at the shops I had to keep pulling them up and even rolled them up because they were driving me mad
Congrats on your NSV! That's awesome!
Old 03-07-2017, 12:40 PM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
Welcome Brave!! I tend to agree about the price, keeps me on the 100% OP path for sure.

Tulleric, well done on the eating out! I haven't been game to try eating out since I started in January (we normally eat out at least weekly).

Huskiebabiesmama, I'm afraid I'm with you on the kale chips I really should try them though as I am at the point of struggling with veggies and have no desire to experiment due to the time etc in case I don't like them, and they do sound easy and perhaps tasty!?

I'm really really happy with my numbers this week as I have passed the half way point to goal so nice to see I am closer to my goal and the kilograms to lose getting less and less.

What's everyone's plans for Easter? I LOVE Easter chocolate so it's going to be a challenge for sure.
Congrats on reaching your halfway point! That's fabulous!

Honestly, I haven't given Easter any thought as yet. I don't usually indulge too much around Easter anyway, as I'm far more particular about my chocolate than the producers of Easter candy think I should be. My problem will be navigating family dinner at my mom's. We usually have glazed ham and mashed potatoes and veggies with all the butter, plus desserts. So...yeah. I think I'll have to go poking around some of the recipes janeva has on her facebook page to see what I can make for the family. Thanks for bringing this up. I would have walked into it blind if somebody hadn't pointed it out.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #266  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahrose View Post
What are kale chips?! I might be willing to try haha. I am wondering if any of your coaches are aware of this website? When I mentioned it to mine she was shocked something like this existed, but I feel like if you just google IP this website comes up!

Also, for anyone who has done IP before, what is the last week with your coach like? My goal was 130, but I feel like if I am at 132 I just want to be done (I have alternative products I have been mixing in, so I will still get to goal, but I just want to wrap up going every week!). Do coaches usually push you to wait until you are right at the exact amount? I think this week I am just going to tell her "next week, as long as I am within a few pounds, is going to be my last week" thoughts? Did any of you continue going to check ins? She mentioned monthly, but I think they just want to sell me stuff haha! Good luck this week everyone!
I don't think my coach does know about this site. Early on I asked about online support and she said there really want any. Honestly, I was very surprised that ip doesn't provide a service like this on their website. Actually, I find the ip website to be basically useless.

Congrats on being so close to your goal!
Old 03-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 193/188/148

Height: 5'9

Default Cranberry and Pomegranate Bar

Ya'll - the Cranberry and Pomegranate Bar is SOOOO good!

(Just a public service announcement.)

Also, how do you make muffins out of the pudding mix??
Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:04 PM   #268  

Last night I had my first weigh-in since being back on plan. I'm down 7lbs, which put me lower than my last weigh-in before my break. I was very pleased but at the same time very disappointed because my home scale had been stuck on the same number for 3 days. I asked my coach about the stall and she really didn't have too much of an answer since I've been really strict with myself all week. But then I stepped on the home scale this morning and I was suddenly down another 2lb! So excited to see the home scale budge after 3 days of being stagnant!

Still waiting for more NSV, but I feel like they are just around the corner. Just 8 more lbs and I'll be at my "wedding and pre-first pregnancy" weight. Gosh, stepping on the scale this morning and seeing the numbers down again made me feel so good. My weight hasn't been this low in 6 years! So exciting!
Old 03-07-2017, 10:37 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 239/160/145

Height: 5'7

Fitnhappy: Congratulations on your half-way point. You are rocking it! Easter is worrisome because my family sends me a massive fudge egg in the mail. Guess I'll chuck it in the freezer, so that I'll forget about it. (Psh, yeah right.)

Howdytx: I would've been so excited about two pounds. Any progress is progress! Congratulations.

Brave: I had the cranberry pomegranate bar tonight! So delicious! Have you tried the brownie yet. :O

Huskiesbabiesmama: Congratulations on your WI! Seven pounds is amazing. You should be really proud of yourself. Keep working that magic.

I had a really great WI - lost 3.4 pounds. I feel so great about it after a couple of disappointing weeks. (-0.4lbs and -1.6 lbs) I stopped eating meat alternatives and switched to bison, lean beef, chicken, and eggs. I think that that has really helped because some of those alternative meat products have a laundry list of ingredients that I haven't researched. I have 17 pounds left to lose before phase 2! Wish me luck, I'll need it.
Telluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #270  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telluric View Post
I have 17 pounds left to lose before phase 2! Wish me luck, I'll need it.
You got this!
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote