Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #1  
Started IP 6/14/12
Thread Starter
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 916

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Newcomers Start Here! IP Weekly Chat Thread started 11/13/16

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-protein.html

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2


For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. Alternative products that will work on Phase 1
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.

Last edited by joysh; 11-13-2016 at 02:20 PM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #2  
Started IP 6/14/12
Thread Starter
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 916

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default

Hi All! I started this new Weekly Chat page, as we getting over 500 on the previous. Please migrate yourselves over to this page, as the administrators will probably close the previous one.

I tried to put most of the links on that would be helpful to newcomers.

Have a great day!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:38 AM   #3  
Junior Member
 
angieperez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1

Default

Hi,

I am starting an alternative to IP today. Ive done IP in the past and lost 40 pounds but have since gained the weight back because I did not finish phase 1 and go through the rest of the phases. I know IP works I am not able to pay for IP right now so here I go on my own.

starting weight 199.8
angieperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #4  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieperez View Post
Hi,

I am starting an alternative to IP today. Ive done IP in the past and lost 40 pounds but have since gained the weight back because I did not finish phase 1 and go through the rest of the phases. I know IP works I am not able to pay for IP right now so here I go on my own.

starting weight 199.8
Congrats on getting started! Lots of people have had success with alternatives.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: St. Pete Beach
Posts: 74

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieperez View Post
Hi,

I am starting an alternative to IP today. Ive done IP in the past and lost 40 pounds but have since gained the weight back because I did not finish phase 1 and go through the rest of the phases. I know IP works I am not able to pay for IP right now so here I go on my own.

starting weight 199.8
Welcome Angie P.! I'm in the early stages of P4 and plan on using alternatives for any P1 days after a splurge. I just got my first Nashua Nutrition Order - LemonCranberry cookies, the Honey O's cereal, smooth caramel chocolate peanut butter bars (I don't think that's the exact name) and the blueberry pancake mix. I've tried all small taste of all but the pancake and am very satisfied. Again, WELCOME!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #6  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2

Default Newbie

This is my 3rd week into the IP program. I am down 7.5 lbs and have about 15 more to go. My big challenge will be maintaining as I have been a yoyo dieter for 30+ years. I don't necessarily look overweight because I am tall and hold my weight well but started at 39% body fat. I was shocked and disappointed in myself. I am a very active person but love carbs, chocolate and wine. Can never stop at one of anything.

I actually don't mean to reply to anything just trying to figure out how to post. I am obviously not very tech savvy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #7  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
This is my 3rd week into the IP program. I am down 7.5 lbs and have about 15 more to go. My big challenge will be maintaining as I have been a yoyo dieter for 30+ years. I don't necessarily look overweight because I am tall and hold my weight well but started at 39% body fat. I was shocked and disappointed in myself. I am a very active person but love carbs, chocolate and wine. Can never stop at one of anything.

I actually don't mean to reply to anything just trying to figure out how to post. I am obviously not very tech savvy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
It doesn't seem like you need much help - you did just fine :-) Congrats on your first post!

And, congrats on the progress thus far. You sound like me. I am tall and hold my weight quite well. No one has any idea how much I weigh - they are usually off by 30-50 pounds and they are not just being polite as my family is not like that :-)
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 180/161/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Hello, happy to have found this site. I'm new also, just weighed in for the third time. The first week, 6.6 pounds down. (To be expected.) Second, 1.8. This week only .8. I'm fairly discouraged, especially with the looming holiday. I stuck to plan almost perfectly. The one mistake wasn't my own. Went out to a Girls Night Out. I'd checked the menu and found ceviche would pretty much fit protocol. When the dish arrived, it had avocado in it. I didn't eat most of it, but I did have some. I reconciled it with not having the 2 tsp of olive oil that day.

I'm not looking for advice, I plan on holding true to the program but I'm just kind of unhappy with the results. I'd expected more. Oh, and no... measurements were not taken this week. At the start we decided to keep the tape measure away except for once per month. My coach offered, I declined.

So again, happy to be here... I love reading through all of the threads. Have a great day, everyone!
Ratherfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #9  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratherfly View Post
Hello, happy to have found this site. I'm new also, just weighed in for the third time. The first week, 6.6 pounds down. (To be expected.) Second, 1.8. This week only .8. I'm fairly discouraged, especially with the looming holiday. I stuck to plan almost perfectly. The one mistake wasn't my own. Went out to a Girls Night Out. I'd checked the menu and found ceviche would pretty much fit protocol. When the dish arrived, it had avocado in it. I didn't eat most of it, but I did have some. I reconciled it with not having the 2 tsp of olive oil that day.

I'm not looking for advice, I plan on holding true to the program but I'm just kind of unhappy with the results. I'd expected more. Oh, and no... measurements were not taken this week. At the start we decided to keep the tape measure away except for once per month. My coach offered, I declined.

So again, happy to be here... I love reading through all of the threads. Have a great day, everyone!
Let's see...you are discouraged with 9.2 pounds lost in 3 weeks...what?!
btw, I think the avocado was just fine in replacement of olive oil as it sounds like you had little of it.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:09 AM   #10  
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,372

S/C/G: 163/135/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 53 yrs old

Default

I second Ro's post. You are doing great, weight loss will not be linear. Avocado isn't a bad boo boo in this case.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:58 AM   #11  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 180/161/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Let's see...you are discouraged with 9.2 pounds lost in 3 weeks...what?!
Well no, not with the total loss, but with how it's tapering down. I spoke with my neighbor who inspired me to check out IP and she read to me her initial losses. Though her first 3 weeks were greater, she did have her ups and downs. Small losses followed by a week with larger ones.

The plan, so far, is simple for me to follow which I like. The best part is that the hunger and cravings are gone! That is simply amazing to me.
Ratherfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:00 AM   #12  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 180/161/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Thank you, Liana. I am putting my all into this plan and the 'slip-ups' I have encountered have been mistakes rather than cheats.
Ratherfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:07 AM   #13  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratherfly View Post
Well no, not with the total loss, but with how it's tapering down. I spoke with my neighbor who inspired me to check out IP and she read to me her initial losses. Though her first 3 weeks were greater, she did have her ups and downs. Small losses followed by a week with larger ones.

The plan, so far, is simple for me to follow which I like. The best part is that the hunger and cravings are gone! That is simply amazing to me.
Don't go by someone else's progress. As cliche as it sounds, we are all different. The first time I did IP (and low carb for that matter), I only lost 6 pounds through 3 weeks. After that, I had amazing losses - months 3, 4, 5 were my biggest weight loss months. Now, when I reboot, I lose 6 pounds in like the 1st 2 days. We are all different and even have differences each time we do this. If you follow the program it works even though the week to week may be different compared to others and even to yourself over time. Keep it up!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:38 PM   #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 180/161/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Thanks, Ro22. It is human nature to compare, but I'll try not to. No feeling like I'll quit, just a tad bit "meh" about the loss. Onward and downward!
Ratherfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:56 PM   #15  
Started IP 6/14/12
Thread Starter
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 916

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default

Hi Ratherfly! Welcome! Hang in there! Sounds like you are committed, and that's what counts. The losses will come if you stick to it.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.