Old 04-04-2017, 10:56 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 150/138/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Gaining on IP

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you might have some ideas pertaining to my problem. A year ago (January 2016) I started Ideal Protein and I phased off in July. I had lost a total of 27 pounds. Over the holidays, I gained some weight back, so I restarted this past January. I experienced about a 2 pound weight loss per week, which is about how much I lost per week the first time around. But, just this past month I've been consistently gaining about a pound per week. I really don't know why this is happening. I have had a lot of seafood these past few weeks which might explain some water weight, but my body fat percentage is also going up which does not explain the water weight. I've also been fairly bloated lately too. I have been eating a restricted snack everyday around 11 pm, so I'm wondering if this might have anything to do with it. Any ideas? My coach and I are at a loss.
horsecrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #332  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Are you exercising? this can cause some fluid retention
Are you measuring your protein and veggies? Too much protein could be an issue, and insufficient veggies can be a problem too.

How about the freebies like Walden Farms products? Are you really limiting those?

Are you getting all your water in every day?

I don't know about the late timing of eating the restricted item, but I do know that using a combination of more of the higher carb packets/drinks/bars can be a slow-down thing for me. Oatmeal, pancake mix, crisps, and some of the newer products have higher carb content. When you have most of your daily IP items from this group as opposed to the original drink mixes, soups, and puddings, I find that losses slow.

not sure if these points will help, but they are worth considering.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Hi Horsecrzy,
Are you measuring your meat? Are you adding allot of oil? I would have the bar in the morning. Could be water retention too if you are getting TOM. I retain allot of water when I work out.

When that happens to me, I skip the bar for a few days and eat an extra salad with no oil, just lemon and salt spices.....

You are at a low weight at 138, so your losses will slow....
I am 134.5 and I am prepared to be on this diet 3-4 months to lose 15lbs, because its super slow when you get to 130@+!....

Have a great day
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 150/138/120

Thank you for your responses and ideas! I'm going to try to eat my restricted snack earlier, probably between lunch and dinner, and REALLY stick to measurements. I've been pretty good about them, but I also have bites of things here and there which I think definitely add up.
horsecrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

A friend of mine that lost allot and maintained on IP told me to always snack on cucumbers when I am hungry and most of the time it passes...........she was right!

Also exercise is key in maintaining.... tracking on my fitness pal works for me. I am a huge advocate of lifting weights and lifting heavy. Burns allot of fat.... Im a small person and I can bicep curl 25s on a good day.... My biceps aren't big at all, but my arms are super lean.
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #336  

Default Newbie

First time here so many Inspiring stories!!!Still trying to figure out how to navigate the website.
I am an an all time high of 220 and decided to do something about it because my size 18 aren't buttoning and enough is enough!
I am 44 a mother of 3. I am on antidepressants for depression anxiety and panic attacks and my doctor wants to blame the weight gain on the meds but I'm pretty sure my lack of exercise and unhealthy eating habits are the major contributor.
I have decided I am ready to commit to this and put in the work and am so motivated by you all.
Complex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:45 PM   #337  
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecrzy View Post
... I really don't know why this is happening. I have had a lot of seafood these past few weeks which might explain some water weight, but my body fat percentage is also going up which does not explain the water weight. I've also been fairly bloated lately too. I have been eating a restricted snack everyday around 11 pm, so I'm wondering if this might have anything to do with it. Any ideas? My coach and I are at a loss.
Hello, Is it possible at all that you might have become pregnant? Just remembering when my 2nd came along, right when I was getting back into shape from the 1st...

Last edited by raincity; 04-05-2017 at 08:46 PM.
raincity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:51 PM   #338  
Egg

Hello, just started my first week of IP on Monday... so far, so good. Found your forum searching for recipes and tips on what to do - I seem to have landed with someone very new to coaching, and haven't been sent a login for their web site. I've found great help and info here, and am looking forward to reading more.
raincity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Hello Complex 14. This is my first week too. Welcome. I'm 46 with 2 kids and 219lbs so hopefully we have a successful journey ahead of us.
Raincity this is a great forum for recipes, inspiration and all things IP. Welcome and good luck with the diet. Day 3 for me. So far so good.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:04 AM   #340  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

So it's Day 4 for me. Major family issues happening which would normally have me running to the bread bin, but I'm fighting the urges to snack. It's good to wake up in the morning and one of the first thoughts among the family issue's thoughts is that I had a good IP day and look forward to checking my weight. I'ma daily weigher at the moment, it's my first week. I will try and break this habit soon. Do you weigh yourself every day? Success all!
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:08 AM   #341  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
So it's Day 4 for me. Major family issues happening which would normally have me running to the bread bin, but I'm fighting the urges to snack. It's good to wake up in the morning and one of the first thoughts among the family issue's thoughts is that I had a good IP day and look forward to checking my weight. I'ma daily weigher at the moment, it's my first week. I will try and break this habit soon. Do you weigh yourself every day? Success all!
Hi! This is my 2nd time around on IP and my 1st time around I did do daily weighing but it really hurt me. If I saw the scale go up at all it would really impact how my day would go. This time around I am definitely better with this and feel that as long as I follow the program the scale will go down. It's nice to see that on a weekly basis. I am also trying not to focus on a number this time. Last time I feel like my body told me when I was done but I didn't listen . I kept going and going until I got to a low number BUT I couldn't maintain it. One of the reasons why I am back now......GOOD LUCK!! Hope this helps!
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:06 AM   #342  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Hang in there, I'm a stress eater too, so I know it can be difficult!

I was a daily weigher on my first time with IP, I found it very motivating, until it wasn't, and then it worked the opposite and caused me stress. I am weighing daily right now, since it's early, but fully intended to decrease as time goes by.

Had my 3rd week weigh in today, very happy to be down another 2.4lbs, for a total of 15 so far. Losses are definetly slower this time around, but hey, the scale is at least moving in the right direction! Have a great weekend everyone!
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:28 AM   #343  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Lots to catch up on!

Twotots, family issues are definitely a trial. Good on you for not eating your emotional turmoil. I am a daily weigher. It works for me. I know my fluctuations and don't feel bothered by small changes either up or down.when I'm not weighing daily it's like I've given myself permission to dodge the responsibility of being in control of what goes in my mouth, like a leave pass haha! Weighing daily is part of being on track for me.

My loss has slowed right down which I'm not thrilled about as you can imagine. Not sure why?? I was consistently losing 1 to 1.4kg a week, last three weeks it's been 100grams a week! Tightened everything up and made sure I am weighing veg, always drink 5litres water per day, no extras. I honestly feel like ditching the program for a day or two and throwing myself out of ketosois and starting again to hopefully jump start me losing again. I only have puddings, drinks, quest chips and maybe twice a week a restricted caramel bar. Thoughts?
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:34 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 225/218/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi all, I'm just ending Day 3. I was told that Day 3 or 4 would be the hardest. I've been feeling pretty tired at the end of the day these last two days...and have had a little bit of a headache. I purposely started this close to the weekend so that it wouldn't be too bad during the work week. I've been fighting cravings (successfully), but when does the appetite suppression kick in??????
mellowyella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:09 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Mellowyella, well done on getting through the first few days! I'm not sure, I am week 14 (I think, I've lost count) and my appetite is still driving me insane most days. Sorry not the answer you want I'm sure, hopefully I'm the odd one out though
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote