Old 05-08-2017, 05:49 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

For those who are near their goals, I personally found that adding a little more fatty protein helped, ie eat a bit of cheese or have steak instead of chicken breast etc. Your body is way more resistant the closer you get to goal, so just expect it to take longer. DON'T try to lower calories even further, it is not in your body's best interests and can cause an even lower metabolism.
If you are REALLY diet fatigued you could try properly phasing off through P2-4 for a 'rest' at a maintenance level, then in a while, once you are stabilized, you could try P1 again to get the remaining pounds off.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:34 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated.

I had restricted maple oats for breakfast this morning where I don't normally have a restricted so will mix things up a little as well as having some more fat.

I am thinking I will phase off when I am approx 10 pounds from my goal as my body is feeling really comfortable for me now so really any further loss is a bonus. Still haven't heard a word from my coach!

I am looking forward to getting into some exercise again too.
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:39 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 188/180/150

Height: 5'7"

FnH: Doesn't sound like much of a coach. If you are phasing off, maybe you should find a different one?
As far as winter comfort food, I made a few soups from scratch that were delicious, included all my vegetables, and kept me on track (when I was on track . Let me know if you want recipes.
LucyLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 230/212/170

Height: 5'4

Do you guys have one restricted item a day?
I find I NEEEED that restricted item (brownies, choc cookie dough etc)
Will it slow my weight loss down?

another question: do you guys weigh yourself every day? I have been and I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Thanks, everyone
I love reading everyone's replies
breesbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #395  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breesbliss View Post
Do you guys have one restricted item a day?
I find I NEEEED that restricted item (brownies, choc cookie dough etc)
Will it slow my weight loss down?

another question: do you guys weigh yourself every day? I have been and I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Thanks, everyone
I love reading everyone's replies
HI! I have a restricted everyday and if I see the losses slowing down I have my restricted items early in the week-to change it up a bit. Seems to work. I look so forward to the restricted stuff.
My 1st time around on IP I weighed everyday. I am not doing that this time around. When I weigh myself and I don't 100% love the number, it sets the tone for my mood and I swore I wouldn't do that to myself this time. It really has made a difference for me.
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 188/180/150

I have a restricted every day, but I have it at lunch. Not sure if it makes a difference. I weigh myself every day, for better or worse.
LucyLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:18 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Lucyloo, would love recipes. Thank you! In Aus there is only one clinic (as far as I know, I do the program online/phone) so no other coaches.

It may be a coincidence but every time I have a restricted item I crave sugar/carbs! Is it all in my mind? I had thought it was because the bars were like a 'treat' so therefore I wanted more but maple oats isn't anything like a treat?? Odd!
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:14 AM   #398  

Hi, I've joined this page because I've lost weight recently and I wanted to know if it is a healthy amount. I've checked my BMI online and it says healthy weight, but I get pains when I sleep in my hips and under my ribs, and I can feel them more than I used to be able to. I am 18, 5:1ft, and I did weigh 8:7st I now weigh 8:4st (last time I weighed myself). I just wanted people's opinions on whether that's healthy or not, I would ask people I know but I feel like I'll be judged or they'll ask me to gain weight again or see someone about it, as I've been told before "You don't need to lose weight", and "you're skinny". Help please, and give me your honest opinions .
Wonderlandlover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #399  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
HI! I have a restricted everyday and if I see the losses slowing down I have my restricted items early in the week-to change it up a bit. Seems to work. I look so forward to the restricted stuff.
My 1st time around on IP I weighed everyday. I am not doing that this time around. When I weigh myself and I don't 100% love the number, it sets the tone for my mood and I swore I wouldn't do that to myself this time. It really has made a difference for me.

I think I'm going to have my husband hide the scale.
I just like seeing that my hard work is paying off
Old 05-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #400  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlandlover6 View Post
Hi, I've joined this page because I've lost weight recently and I wanted to know if it is a healthy amount. I've checked my BMI online and it says healthy weight, but I get pains when I sleep in my hips and under my ribs, and I can feel them more than I used to be able to. I am 18, 5:1ft, and I did weigh 8:7st I now weigh 8:4st (last time I weighed myself). I just wanted people's opinions on whether that's healthy or not, I would ask people I know but I feel like I'll be judged or they'll ask me to gain weight again or see someone about it, as I've been told before "You don't need to lose weight", and "you're skinny". Help please, and give me your honest opinions .

I think you're in the wrong group.
This is for people using the Ideal Protein diet :-)
Old 05-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #401  

Hi I'm new to IP. I just started 4 days ago and I have a question. I got an assortment of product at my first appointment and go back on Monday. I realized last night I didn't have enough breakfast drinks and lunch soups to make it till my appointment. I don't really want to eat the IP crisps for my breakfast or lunch. I called the clinic today and was going to run by after work, but they close at 2:00 on Fridays. They said just to eat low carb but I don't want to ruin my good start. Any suggestions for breakfast and lunch? Can I just eat some eggs for breakfast and a salad with lean protein for lunch? Is there a protein shake I could get at the store that would meet the IP requirements and not throw me out of ketosis? Thanks in advance for help.
BC512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #402  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC512 View Post
Hi I'm new to IP. I just started 4 days ago and I have a question. I got an assortment of product at my first appointment and go back on Monday. I realized last night I didn't have enough breakfast drinks and lunch soups to make it till my appointment. I don't really want to eat the IP crisps for my breakfast or lunch. I called the clinic today and was going to run by after work, but they close at 2:00 on Fridays. They said just to eat low carb but I don't want to ruin my good start. Any suggestions for breakfast and lunch? Can I just eat some eggs for breakfast and a salad with lean protein for lunch? Is there a protein shake I could get at the store that would meet the IP requirements and not throw me out of ketosis? Thanks in advance for help.
Hi! I've done a whole egg and a couple of egg whites for breakfast and lean protein like turkey for lunch with 2 cups of veggies during work if I had too and it didn't affect my weight loss or ketosis. Hope this helps!
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:38 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlandlover6 View Post
Medical recommendation for your height is 7.2 st - 9.4 st. So you are right in the middle at 8.4 or a body mass index of 22. And in the 51st percentile so a healthy normal. Do you feel healthy/energetic/rested? Weight isn't the only thing that counts.
The aches may be from many other reasons. Is the pain from pressure of the mattress on 'sticking out' bones? I'm not sure from the way your post is worded if you can feel the bones more when you touch them, or you can feel the pain more from those areas. Perhaps you can clarify

And to the 3FC Ideal Protein forum

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:54 AM   #404  

S/C/G: 180/159/135-140

Starting back on IP after 4 years tomorrow!! Super excited, any suggestions on food to buy to get started (both IP and grocery)? I am sure options have changed since I was on it last.
Toban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #405  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Hello everyone!
I am back after losing 15 lbs. on the alternative IP program. It has been about 3 years since I lost the weight and have gained back about 8 lbs, most of it in the last year.

I have some dietary issues as I am lactose intolerant (take lactose tablets when needed for this) and have a medically diagnosed family history of celiac disease (cannot eat foods containing gluten). I have been experiencing symptoms of this disease the last 10 years and need to stay gluten free. I cannot drink the protein drinks that contain whey protein as the lactose tablets don't seem to help with these drinks, but am OK with soy based drinks. I only use soy milk in my morning coffee and if I make my own protein shakes. This is the reason I did the IP food plan a few years ago since I could lose and be satisfied on protein and veggies. It was very difficult to stay on the Plan without adding some breads, cereals or snacks that met the IP criteria and were gluten free.

Since I have the protein shakes covered, I would like to know if there are any alternative products that do not contain wheat or are gluten free and approved for the Phase 1 IP protocol? If I make my own products they are made with rice/potato/tapioca/almond flours, which are very high in carbs. I can eat Corn Chex and products made with corn.

Thanks for any suggestions!
WoodLily is offline   Reply With Quote