Old 02-21-2016, 10:57 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 235/152/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy Sunday! Welcome to everyone new and sooo many non-scale victories!

It has been super quiet here lately but glad to hear all the great weigh ins! My week 5 WI was down 7 lbs! That was a nice boost as I was still bummed over the one week with no loss. Week 6 it was TOM so down 2 lbs bringing my total to down 26! So happy with the changes I am seeing. But holy cow I have been super hungry the last two days! Chalking it up to my period as I have not felt like this since my first week.

Anyone try any new recipes they love? I have been obsessed with roasted eggplant but limit myself to only two cups a week even though we are allowed four. I find the weeks I had a higher amount my weight loss was not as high.

Kputtre - Happy Birthday!!

Nicole - So weird that your coach did not take starting measurements! If they don't again I would do it yourself at home. Sometimes the scale won't move as much but your body does. Chest, arm, waist, hips and thigh is where my coach measures.

Bevqueen - my coach said you can have your restricted whenever you need it. I generally save it for my nighttime snack as a yummy reward but I have opened it up and had a nibble here or there if I just neeeeeeded something. I always drink a glass of water if I am feeling hungry and then reassess to see if I was really hungry.
Pamela78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #302  

Default It was time for a change!

Hello everyone!
I have been so inspired reading everyone's stories I thought I would start sharing mine. I just recently started IP, this Friday will be 2 weeks, and I finally feel good about myself. I was so embarrassed to start, my mom sat me down and I cried because I knew I needed to change my lifestyle but knew it would be a challenge. The first week kicked my butt! I felt nauseated some days and hungry the rest. Some of the drinks made me want to give up. I actually had a mini breakdown one night, crying and saying "I DONT WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE LET ME EAT SOME ONION RINGS!" Luckily I came to my senses haha and realized this isn't going to be an easy journey. Since that night I've felt so much better! I went in on Wednesday for my first weigh in since starting and was surprised to see that I lost 10lbs. Hard work is paying off. I'm not ashamed to say that I started @242lbs, I tell people my exact weight because i am proud and I know that I will keep losing it. It's only week 2 haha I can't wait to see my results in 2 months, in 2 years!
Neriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:58 PM   #303  

I seem to have plateaued this week Am up a pound since my weigh in and no cheats! I'm powering through but am feeling frustrated, I think I've stayed OP since I started a month ago. My clinic didn't have some of my preferred unrestricted snacks available this week and I got mostly restricteds, so maybe that has something to do with it. Shouldn't be my TOM yet either. Ugh. Hopefully next week will be a big drop to make up for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela78 View Post

It has been super quiet here lately but glad to hear all the great weigh ins! My week 5 WI was down 7 lbs! That was a nice boost as I was still bummed over the one week with no loss. Week 6 it was TOM so down 2 lbs bringing my total to down 26! So happy with the changes I am seeing. But holy cow I have been super hungry the last two days! Chalking it up to my period as I have not felt like this since my first week.

Anyone try any new recipes they love? I have been obsessed with roasted eggplant but limit myself to only two cups a week even though we are allowed four. I find the weeks I had a higher amount my weight loss was not as high.

Nicole - So weird that your coach did not take starting measurements! If they don't again I would do it yourself at home. Sometimes the scale won't move as much but your body does. Chest, arm, waist, hips and thigh is where my coach measures.

Bevqueen - my coach said you can have your restricted whenever you need it. I generally save it for my nighttime snack as a yummy reward but I have opened it up and had a nibble here or there if I just neeeeeeded something. I always drink a glass of water if I am feeling hungry and then reassess to see if I was really hungry.
I made this "potato" salad (uses cauliflower instead of potatoes) for lunch today and it was pretty good. Used WF mayo, skipped the eggs, and just made an individual portion, I'll make it again for sure! http://everydaypaleo.com/everyday-paleo-no-potato-salad/

Have you tried roasted cabbage steaks? I can't get enough of them. Janeva's mockamole is surprisingly good (I was resistant to the thought of it at first, but wound up pleasantly surprised) and goes well with crackers made from a soup packet, or with a bag of crisps. A couple other hits here have been crackslaw, Big Mac in a bowl, turnip fries or turnip chips, stir frys, and an amazing chicken recipe my coach gave me, I'll try to post it later.
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #304  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neriss View Post
Hello everyone!
I have been so inspired reading everyone's stories I thought I would start sharing mine. I just recently started IP, this Friday will be 2 weeks, and I finally feel good about myself. I was so embarrassed to start, my mom sat me down and I cried because I knew I needed to change my lifestyle but knew it would be a challenge. The first week kicked my butt! I felt nauseated some days and hungry the rest. Some of the drinks made me want to give up. I actually had a mini breakdown one night, crying and saying "I DONT WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE LET ME EAT SOME ONION RINGS!" Luckily I came to my senses haha and realized this isn't going to be an easy journey. Since that night I've felt so much better! I went in on Wednesday for my first weigh in since starting and was surprised to see that I lost 10lbs. Hard work is paying off. I'm not ashamed to say that I started @242lbs, I tell people my exact weight because i am proud and I know that I will keep losing it. It's only week 2 haha I can't wait to see my results in 2 months, in 2 years!
Glad you made it through those first few days! We started close to the same weight, I was 248. So much to go, but we can do it!
Old 02-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #305  
Started p1 Feb 1, 16

Height: 5'8"

Default Another great weekend

Second weekend out of town for me. Feeling great that with a little planning I was able to stay OP, 100% again!
Hope everyone else had a great weekend. Next weekend we are off to league finals for hockey... And I'm not even stressed about it
Kristie.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #306  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Pamela - congrats - great job!!!

Juniper - sounds like you are going to have a big drop coming up, soon, just stay OP
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #307  
Hi!

Hi everyone.

I got the ok to start working out, so I am in week 2 of the 21 day fix - one of my favorite workouts. I think I've determined that even w/modifications, I shouldn't be doing strength training while OP. I'll talk w/my coach about it today, but I it's not working well. I am just super drained today after an upper body session yesterday, even though I went low on the weights. My arms are too tired, and I feel like falling asleep. I think I'll just have to stick w/adding some cardio via dog walks (or a DVD on days w/crappy weather) until this is done.

I am curious to see where I am at the WI today. I have been completely on plan w/no cheats the entire time. I wish I could lose the weight a bit faster, but I'm happy with the 2 pounds or so a week that have been coming off after week 1 (which was 6). I am going to pick up the cookbook today, as I am needing new ideas if I'm going to stay on this w/o getting bored.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:42 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 148.5/148.5/139(or lower)

Height: 5'0"

Default Hi All

I am starting IP alternatives on 2/23/16. I was successful on alternatives before (I only needed to lose 10lbs). This time I need to lose 25 pounds(studying for the NCLEX and went crazy...lol)..wow..I don't know what happened. I always maintain my weight between 139lbs to 144lbs. I am looking for a partner or partners to keep me accountable until May 7th. Please feel free to reply or text me..thanks and I am so delighted to read all the success stories. Thank you all and I look forward to the responses.
Kimorea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 295/282/200

Well I just started on IP last week and had my first weigh in yesterday. I am down 13 pounds and am looking forward to a week where I am starting to feel pretty good. I hope all is doing well on their own plans and I am very appreciative of the food alternatives and recipes suggested.
chris8938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi 2016 starters,

I am back for a 20 pound reboot. Always looking for easy ways to stay OP, and found these crockpot recipes. Just thought I would share. http://gvsconsulting.blogspot.com/20...pot-meals.html

Stay strong!
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi 2016 starters,

I am back for a 20 pound reboot. Always looking for easy ways to stay OP, and found these crockpot recipes. Just thought I would share. http://gvsconsulting.blogspot.com/20...pot-meals.html

Stay strong!
Thanks for sharing, and thank you for the support! WI 7 tomorrow.
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:25 AM   #312  

My plateau seems to be over! Down 3.7 lb this morning from just a few days ago, phew!!! I cut out the restricteds, so not sure if that helped or if it's coincidence, but some of the restricteds give me ++ cravings the following day anyway so I think I'm going to be pretty careful about limiting them to certain ones and only every few days.

A couple decent things I've made from packets in the past few days are double chocolate muffins from the files in janeva's Facebook group (uses choc chip pancake mix and choc pudding, plus I added shredded zucchini for a bit of veg), and mug cake from choc drink mix (I can't stand the regular mug cake mix, this was way better IMHO).

Welcome Kimorea, Chris, and Slipfree!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:54 AM   #313  
Hi!

Great news, Juniper_10! I'm definitely in a plateau now with only 1 lb lost in 2 weeks. I've addressed with the coach (mentioned in another thread) and hope to see it change. I've still averaged 2 lbs per week, but I'd like to see more. I talked with the coach about the type of packets I was using (I had a lot of the sweet ones) wondering if that made a difference, and she said no as long as I was sticking w/the right number of restricteds and unrestricteds. I was.

I got Janeva's cookbook and am going to start making some of the recipes too. I'm curious to hear other people's experiences.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:05 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 182/182/150

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela78 View Post

When I went for my weigh in on Saturday she took my measurements, but I lost 7.5 pounds my first week, so I wish she would have taken them at my initial weigh in!
Nicole012673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #315  

Hello all!

I am beginning my second run with the IP diet on March 1. I did they diet a couple of years ago before I got married and had success with it, just didn't have the mind set to stick with it. Now I am determined to get to my goal weight. After two babies i have reached my ultimate high weight of 210. I am looking to lose 50 pounds over the course of the next 15 weeks. I am hoping some of you other ladies have some insight if that is an attainable goal in that amount of time. I have read where most women reach b/w 30 - 40 lbs in that time span but i know everyone is different. I am so ready for a change and love reading all the posts!
MHam1017 is offline   Reply With Quote