Old 01-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaka View Post
Susan74- Way to go on your big Week 1 loss!

I got on the scale this morning. I probably shouldn't have. I'm halfway through the week and only down .5 lb. Ugh. Sticking with this though. I need to be better about my measuring.
Thanks so much Beaca! !! I know that number can be discouraging but don't forget that even though you are not seeing a difference in the scale you may see it in inches ☺ ALSO....you are not done your week yey! Think positive 😆You got this!
Woohoo for IP 2016 peeps!!!
susan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:52 PM   #167  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Congrats Susan!

On a cheating streak. Slowly ending. From European Chocolate gift to two restricted a day. It's been a 4-day cheating streak, PMS, snowed in due to blizzard, but I am back and tomorrow will be my first full day back on track. Spoke to my coach after cheat day two with the chocolate - can't weigh in tomorrow due to snow. She was stern and scared me - re the bodily harm that can happen with cheating while trying to do this diet - so hopefully I got it all out in this slip-up week. So, I weigh in for weeks 3 and 4 next weekend and I'm taking her advice and not taking the number - I'm just going to have her tell me if I'm up, down, or the same (will be reflected in my signature for at least a few weeks)...and keep it moving to the next week. Good thing is I haven't gotten on my scale in 4 days, I was down 4 pounds. But, oh well. I'll keep trucking and maybe shoveling 2 feet of snow tomorrow will help.

Last edited by Kayweight; 01-22-2016 at 10:57 PM.
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:53 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Haven't been on the scale this week but my ring is sliding around my finger. I hope that is a good sign. I was in the bathroom a lot today. I'm having cauli rice and shrimp tonight! Hope you all have a great weekend.
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:25 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi ladies! Today is day 11 for me and doing fairly well. Down 4.6 and 10 inches at my first weigh in, so happy with that!

tHanks for all the support on this page!
Wine4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:05 AM   #170  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

made it today with no cheats! I'm back starting week four with Coach's and nurse's continued plan of a restricted every day and no using unlimited veggies as my four cups daily.

Shoveled for 5 hours total today...more than 30 inches of snow...added two eggs out of caution for the extra activity and preservation of lean mass. Woohoo!

Congrats Wine4me...10 inches in one week - that's crazy good! my jaw dropped hahaha

Last edited by Kayweight; 01-24-2016 at 12:11 AM.
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:13 AM   #171  
Restarted IP June 2014

Height: 5'2"

I'm now on reboot day 6. I had a tough couple of days feeling out-of-sorts, keto-flu ish, but punched through it and am on the other side now. I keep catching myself grabbing something I shouldn't...I've even literally spat some crappy leftover Christmas candy (someone put out at work) into the garbage when I realized that I had mindlessly grabbed it.
I'm having some family in for dinner tonight and plan on serving salmon & cauli-rice & a salad. I need to figure out a dessert for them that won't tempt me. & there will be football snacks out all afternoon...I'll make sure there are lots of compliant veggies out at all times. I find it hard not to sneak little tastes of things when no one is looking. I don't know who I think I'm fooling though.

My big challenge is that I'm flying back east on Monday morning for meetings and will be away until dinner on Friday. I need to figure out how to stay on program while away & how not to spoil my success so far. I'm so worried that I'll just totally derail!
Any suggestions for what IP foods work well in a hotel room?
Here's my plan so far...
..eat out for dinner each night....should be able to eat compliantly, I hope.
..take 5 restricted (choc soy puffs and lemon wafers) that I enjoy to get me through the lonely evenings in the hotel room + the plane ride home.
..take some bagged up veggies for the first couple of lunches then buy there.
..I'm thinking maybe the unrestricted vanilla krispies for lunch? ( easy to pair with veggies/salad)
...a shaker & drink mixes for breakfast? Should I Maybe take along some hard boiled eggs just in case?
Any suggestions are very welcome!!
weathermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 270/225/130

Height: 5ft

Well, I must say grocery shopping was a breeze this morning. Veggies, meat, fish, storage bags and out the door!
BeanMak11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermom View Post
I'm now on reboot day 6. I had a tough couple of days feeling out-of-sorts, keto-flu ish, but punched through it and am on the other side now. I keep catching myself grabbing something I shouldn't...I've even literally spat some crappy leftover Christmas candy (someone put out at work) into the garbage when I realized that I had mindlessly grabbed it.
I'm having some family in for dinner tonight and plan on serving salmon & cauli-rice & a salad. I need to figure out a dessert for them that won't tempt me. & there will be football snacks out all afternoon...I'll make sure there are lots of compliant veggies out at all times. I find it hard not to sneak little tastes of things when no one is looking. I don't know who I think I'm fooling though.

My big challenge is that I'm flying back east on Monday morning for meetings and will be away until dinner on Friday. I need to figure out how to stay on program while away & how not to spoil my success so far. I'm so worried that I'll just totally derail!
Any suggestions for what IP foods work well in a hotel room?
Here's my plan so far...
..eat out for dinner each night....should be able to eat compliantly, I hope.
..take 5 restricted (choc soy puffs and lemon wafers) that I enjoy to get me through the lonely evenings in the hotel room + the plane ride home.
..take some bagged up veggies for the first couple of lunches then buy there.
..I'm thinking maybe the unrestricted vanilla krispies for lunch? ( easy to pair with veggies/salad)
...a shaker & drink mixes for breakfast? Should I Maybe take along some hard boiled eggs just in case?
Any suggestions are very welcome!!

I know what you mean about the mindless eating, I've been pretty shocked with myself to realize how much I was having that way. I have caught myself a number of times reaching for a bite of something when I'm in the pantry, or opening the freezer or fridge, or cleaning up my kids' plates after a meal, or cutting up fruit or preparing a snack for them. It's surprising how quickly my brain first tells me to eat it before I remember that I don't eat that stuff anymore.
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 02:02 PM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Haven't been on the scale this week but my ring is sliding around my finger. I hope that is a good sign. I was in the bathroom a lot today. I'm having cauli rice and shrimp tonight! Hope you all have a great weekend.
Ooh it made me excited to read that about your ring! I had to take my rings off during pregnancy three years ago and they've never fit since. I had said I would get them re-sized after a year post-partum if they still didn't fit, but I was pregnant again by that point so I didn't bother. They should start fitting again within a couple months now, yay!
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayweight View Post
Congrats Susan!

On a cheating streak. Slowly ending. From European Chocolate gift to two restricted a day. It's been a 4-day cheating streak, PMS, snowed in due to blizzard, but I am back and tomorrow will be my first full day back on track. Spoke to my coach after cheat day two with the chocolate - can't weigh in tomorrow due to snow. She was stern and scared me - re the bodily harm that can happen with cheating while trying to do this diet - so hopefully I got it all out in this slip-up week. So, I weigh in for weeks 3 and 4 next weekend and I'm taking her advice and not taking the number - I'm just going to have her tell me if I'm up, down, or the same (will be reflected in my signature for at least a few weeks)...and keep it moving to the next week. Good thing is I haven't gotten on my scale in 4 days, I was down 4 pounds. But, oh well. I'll keep trucking and maybe shoveling 2 feet of snow tomorrow will help.
Kay! You sound like you already know what you have to do and the main thing is that you are not giving up! We are all human and we all make mistakes and go through crap! We pick ourselves up, put our chins up and keep on moving forward... they say everyday is a new day a blank canvas!!! Draw a new picture and as you said keep on trucking ☺. I am sending some positive vibes your way darlin'.
Good luck with the blizzard and with the weigh in (I know you will be fine)
Su
Old 01-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayweight View Post
made it today with no cheats! I'm back starting week four with Coach's and nurse's continued plan of a restricted every day and no using unlimited veggies as my four cups daily.

Shoveled for 5 hours total today...more than 30 inches of snow...added two eggs out of caution for the extra activity and preservation of lean mass. Woohoo!

Congrats Wine4me...10 inches in one week - that's crazy good! my jaw dropped hahaha
Oh you did great!!! Congrats!!!!!! 😆 Keep up the great work!
Old 01-24-2016, 09:57 PM   #177  

Default Progress

So, I haven't been updating bags add much as I had originally planned to. I started IP using alternative products January 6th. So far I have only lost 6.5 lbs though.

These are the areas that I need to work on... I am not drinking enough water. I am forgetting my supplements some days. I am skipping dinner if I am too tired to cook.

I am thinking about getting one of those water jugs that hold 64 oz. I think the visual may help me. I also need to meal prep for the week over the weekend.
sljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:33 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 167.5/163.1/120

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Everyone

I'm totally new, and starting IP on The 28th. My goal is 40 lbs.

I think I'm fairly prepared to be strict with myself about staying on the requirements. But hearing a few friendly voices will make it go easier I'm sure.

Janyce
ladyejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:04 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 235/152/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy Sunday!

Congrats to all you shrinking people!!! Goodbye good riddance! We can do this!

I was really nervous about my week 2 weigh in as I was not the best OP person. I think the hard part for me is that I had done the Atkin's diet years ago and lost a lot of weight. So I know the bacon and sausage won't knock me out of Ketosis buuuut my body has to burn that fat before it takes it from my tush. I skipped some packets because I over did it at the brunch buffet and my weakness!! PIZZA. I totally ate the cheese and toppings off at a kids function. I tested with my ketostix after both and was still in Ketosis but yeah....not good if I keep that up. Willpower needs to find me. But I still lost 6 lbs but of course my measurements were not great as of bloating and TOM. Hoping this week I can resist all the forbidden.

If you have not tried the chocolate wafers...oh em gee. I would eat these suckers even when not OP. What is everyone's favorite restricted snack?

I also roasted up some eggplant and cabbage steaks. Not a lover of the cabbage but yummo on the eggplant. I think I liked it better than the fried! Picked up some Brussels sprouts at Costco and can't wait to get those cooking! Also some Salmon. Not a lover of fish and we have never made it before. Any suggestions?

Have a great week ladies!

Last edited by Pamela78; 01-25-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Pamela78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:11 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 167.5/163.1/120

Height: 5' 4"

Afraid I don't have much in the way of Salmon recipes - as no one in our house likes the fishy taste it has.
ladyejan is offline   Reply With Quote