3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   2016 Starters - New Year New You (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/307615-2016-starters-new-year-new-you.html)

smdawheel 01-02-2016 08:52 AM

2016 Starters - New Year New You

Welcome to 2016 starters.

I know that many of you are starting in the next few weeks. While I started in late 2015 I know that I will be around for a lot of 2016. After the first few weeks I must say this is one of the easiest diets I have every been on. I don't find myself obsessed with the next meal or have to spend hours counting points / calories etc. It is still good to track and I have found the scanner and MFP to really work. It does take time to enter recipes but that is ok.

I am down 21.2 pounds if 5 weeks and I won't weigh again till week 8 due to the holidays. My goal is to make it to 30 # lost by the end of week 8.

I remember having a difficult time walking up a flight of stairs the first few weeks, and the headaches. Those are gone now and I am enjoying the journey.

I come to this site a couple of time a day for motivation and to help me stay on track.

Best wishes for a great 2016. I am looking forward to being able to say that loosing weight is not one of my goals in 2017.:dizzy:

Largo 01-02-2016 09:11 AM

Rebooting

I did this diet last year with alternatives and was pleased with the results. Unfortunately due to an unexpected move and very busy fall and summer, I didn't have control of my food and gained it all back.
This time I want to try to do some new cooking and not just rely on shakes and bars. Then when I phase off, my new way of eating will be less of a transition.
Here goes .

HereIStand 01-02-2016 10:11 AM

Welcome to all the New Year newbies! Let me encourage you to read and post often. You will find that all of you who started the protocol together can be a great support to each other. My fellow 2015 starters really helped me through the tough days.

I started the protocol in early June 2015, using only alternative products (no IP clinic, coach, or products). I lost 58 pounds in 5 months and have been maintaining for about two months.I agree with smdawheel about tracking your food intake - it's not necessary, but you'll find it becomes a very helpful habit once you get to maintenance.

Best wishes to you all!

tcbsoc 01-02-2016 10:30 AM

Hi Folks.
I'm on my 4th day today. Yesterday was miserable and I barely had the energy to get up and move around. I'm hoping that the energy level will improve soon. Anyone have a similar experience?

smdawheel 01-02-2016 11:26 AM

TBCSOC - -- Low energy the first three weeks is normal. That is one of the reasons they say no exercise initially. Were you drinking a lot of caffeine before starting IP? I know that I was and I think combined with the P1 protocol it drained me. Are you drinking your water and using your salt. I found that that would help too. We are losing a lot of water that first week and our BP may go down too. So drinking a glass of water with the salt, using a saltier IP packet (soups / chips have more). I don't like drinking salt water so I would sprinkle my cucumbers with a salt.

I started on a Thursday because I did not want my feeling bad to affect my job. Consider doing something fun that will take your mind off of the low energy. We went to a movie on day 5. Don't do it if the movie popcorn smells will be a trigger - but it did not bother me.

Sue

smdawheel 01-02-2016 11:28 AM

Welcome back Largo. Do you have Janeva's cookbook? Are you doing alternatives again this time?

Sue

jennydoodle 01-02-2016 12:06 PM

Hi All!
Technically I started in 2015 for my reboot, but was off plan for a few weeks over the holidays, so I am back in 2016 to finish my reboot. I lost 15# in 10 weeks using alternatives (Quest).

I highly recommend Janeva's cookbook. It is worth every penny! Lots of great ideas and it can even be modified for alternative products.

I have about 20# to go. My first goal is to get to 145, but ultimately I would like to be in the 130's by March (10.3# away!). This seems like a manageable and attainable goal for me.

I have started P1 today and am ready to finish this portion of the journey!

Tanklan 01-02-2016 12:34 PM

Starting again today! Looking forward to reaching and maintaining my weight loss goal in 2016!

HereIStand 01-02-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcbsoc (Post 5226101)
Hi Folks.
I'm on my 4th day today. Yesterday was miserable and I barely had the energy to get up and move around. I'm hoping that the energy level will improve soon. Anyone have a similar experience?

1. Could be the transition away from carbs and into ketosis, often called "keto flu." It gets better after about day 4 or 5.
2. Make sure you're taking all your supplements.
3. Extra sodium may help.
4. You're allowed a 4th packet in the first week to help with the transition.
5. Make sure you're eating every 2-3 hours. You can have unlimited veggies or some hot tea or broth between meals.

After that first dreadful week, I found that I had MORE energy and no longer had the afternoon slump.

sljumper 01-02-2016 03:36 PM

I recently met up with a friend who had dropped a lot of weight since the last time I saw her. When I asked her what she had done, she told me about Ideal Protein. After reading through these forums, I have decided to try it using alternatives. I have started sourcing my supplements and "packets" and I hope to start the program in the next week. I'm getting excited!

Largo 01-02-2016 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smdawheel (Post 5226118)
Welcome back Largo. Do you have Janeva's cookbook? Are you doing alternatives again this time?

Sue

Yes I am. I do want to cook more and not rely so much on shakes and bars, especially as the quest bars have changed and I am not as fussy about them now. Plus if I learn to cook now, some of it may stay with me later.
I was going to get Janevas cookbook but was worried it would rely too much on Ideal protein packets.

Kayweight 01-02-2016 07:04 PM

Hi Everyone!

So glad to see this thread got started. Looking forward to gaining wisdom from those who have been here a while, while meeting some fellow 2016 starters!

My official start date is tomorrow, 01/03/2016! :)

- Kay

oneuh2 01-02-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanklan (Post 5226139)
Starting again today! Looking forward to reaching and maintaining my weight loss goal in 2016!

Sorry it's a start over, but welcome back - as I recall you were a 2014 Summer Starter.... a few of us are still here in the 2014 Starter thread. Some of us rebooting and several on maintenance. You can do this, Tanklan!!!

sweetharmony 01-03-2016 07:25 AM

I'm back to reboot and lose the pounds that I regained over the last couple of months of over indulging. I have 14 pounds to lose again. But I know I can and will do it!! Happy New Year to all and here's to a successful weightloss journey for all of us!!

coffeebean 01-03-2016 08:07 AM

Day 2. It is amazing that even the first day of IP how much better I feel not eating junk. I can lose weight on this diet I just need to figure out how to keep it off in maintenance