Old 02-15-2016, 12:59 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 199.2/198.0/150.0

Height: 5'4"

I'm a bit late on my New Year Start. I have to get serious this time. I've tried IP Alt a time or two with some success but not long term. I'm starting to have issues with my ankle, so I MUST get some pounds off and KEEP them off!

The posts here are motivating and hopefully posting, I will also be more accountable.

My Starting Weight is 198. My Goal is 150.
ArlingtonLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #287  
Started p1 Feb 1, 16

Height: 5'8"

Default Had a great weekend

I was pretty nervous going into this weekend, we were out of town for my sons hockey... But it went fabulously.
Feeling pumped that I was successful sticking to protocol, and confident about this weekends up coming hockey trip!
Kristie.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie.23 View Post
I was pretty nervous going into this weekend, we were out of town for my sons hockey... But it went fabulously.
Feeling pumped that I was successful sticking to protocol, and confident about this weekends up coming hockey trip!
congrats Kristie! Staying OP while traveling is a HUGE accomplishment
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:12 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 258/225/175

Height: 5'3"

I started just before the holidays, but i'm still trying to learn the ups and downs of the diet.
My birthday is coming up and my group of friends traditionally bakes fancy treats or gets a cake. How do you handle stuff like that? Im worried they will make a cake and feel offended if I say I cant eat it. Any advice?
KPuttre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #290  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPuttre View Post
I started just before the holidays, but i'm still trying to learn the ups and downs of the diet.
My birthday is coming up and my group of friends traditionally bakes fancy treats or gets a cake. How do you handle stuff like that? Im worried they will make a cake and feel offended if I say I cant eat it. Any advice?
KPuttre, First, Happy Birthday!..

Second, Congrats on starting this best-of-all weight-loss journey!..

Third, well, I think most of us are reluctant to tell others we're on a diet, but perhaps in this case it might be a good idea to share a little bit of the general idea of IP with your friends... maybe together y'all can come up with a celebration just as wonderful, minus the cake... worth a try?..

Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:30 AM   #291  
Hi!

Hey KPuttre. Happy Birthday! I would just let your friends know you're on a diet, and they can cook you a nice, lean steak that's on plan. Or take control and have them over for dinner. If it's too early for you to be able to be able to be with others while they eat off plan foods, just ask them not to bring any. You'll need those friends for support as you spend time on IP, so best to get them to understand the ins and outs now.

Congrats to everyone else who did awesome while traveling, had a good weekend, and avoided the chocolate.

Last edited by mezmerelda; 02-16-2016 at 10:32 AM.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning 2016ers! It seems to be quiet around here lately. I'm wondering how everyone is doing. I had WI #5 last night and was down another 2 lbs. Love this diet, but I need all of you to keep me on track!
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #293  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
question : so the quest bars OLD FORMULA, if they show 25 carb and 16 fiber, once you minus that,it comes to 9. So does that make the bars restricted? or no
9-16 carbs, restricted to once a day.
17 carbs - once a week.
18+ carbs - not allowed on protocol.

Of course, if you're tweaking the protocol, then it's a moot point.

Last edited by HereIStand; 02-18-2016 at 11:34 AM.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:55 PM   #294  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Good Morning 2016ers! It seems to be quiet around here lately. I'm wondering how everyone is doing. I had WI #5 last night and was down another 2 lbs. Love this diet, but I need all of you to keep me on track!
Congratulations!
Today is day 29 for me and I'm down almost 24 lb!

Had a yummy lunch today -- salt and vinegar crisps with homemade pico de gallo. I'll have to make that some more, I wish tomatoes weren't in the restricted vegetables category or I'd consider having it everyday lol.
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 182/182/150

Height: 5' 7"

I am on day 6 of IP. My coach took my weight but not measurements so I am a bit disappointed in that. I started last Friday and go for my weigh in on Saturday and I only have 1 packet left! I have some RTD chocolate drinks, chips and bars so I guess I will have to make those work? I am just getting the feel of these boards, I want to get the minimum posts so I can make a ticker!
Nicole012673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #296  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole012673 View Post
I am on day 6 of IP. My coach took my weight but not measurements so I am a bit disappointed in that. I started last Friday and go for my weigh in on Saturday and I only have 1 packet left! I have some RTD chocolate drinks, chips and bars so I guess I will have to make those work? I am just getting the feel of these boards, I want to get the minimum posts so I can make a ticker!
Same happened to me about the food my first week, my coach had me get 21 packs for a week, and neither of us considered that I needed another 4 packs to get me to my next appointment. My clinic is in a pharmacy and you're able to buy your food anytime they're open, so I just popped in and got a few more things. Are you able to do that if you don't have enough items to get you through to your appointment?
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:17 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 188/188/155

Height: 5'7"

Talking snack and cal/mag

Hi - Will be rebooting tomorrow but was wondering if it matters when you have your snack and cal/mag supplement. The first time around I always had my snack and cal mag supplement after dinner but I was wondering if I can have the snack/supplement between lunch and dinner instead?
bevqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 258/256/150

Height: 5'2

Well high everyone.I'm kelly, started my diet on tuesday.I've been heavy my whole life and it makes everything harder. I started right after my 24th birthday and want to loose a quarter of my weight before 25 which should just be possible on ideal protein. I'm excited and glad this forum is around for questions and support 😀
MissKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 370.0/341.4/170

Height: 5'10

Hope everyone is having a great OP weekend! I survived V-Day without giving in to the candy. I'm almost at the 30 pounds lost mark in week 7. The last couple of weeks have been a little slower than I would like though. On the plus side, I fit into a pair of shorts I haven't worn in ages and found $15 in the pocket!
HouTXMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:51 PM   #300  

Would love to join you all!!
Scorpio123 is offline   Reply With Quote