Old 03-01-2016, 03:02 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 233/174/155

Height: 5' 6"

I'm struggling (possibly mostly mentally). I'm not eating any restricted and drinking plenty of water. I have not increased activity to speak of and yet, 2 of the 5 weeks I've been on plan I've had either a .8 gain or less than 1 pound loss. Any suggestions? (P.S. 20 of the 39 pounds lost have been over the past 2 years... I just started IP in January in an attempt to get to my goal weight)

Last edited by TheNewMicki; 03-01-2016 at 03:03 PM.
TheNewMicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:09 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMicki View Post
I'm struggling (possibly mostly mentally). I'm not eating any restricted and drinking plenty of water. I have not increased activity to speak of and yet, 2 of the 5 weeks I've been on plan I've had either a .8 gain or less than 1 pound loss. Any suggestions? (P.S. 20 of the 39 pounds lost have been over the past 2 years... I just started IP in January in an attempt to get to my goal weight)
Hi Micki - 19 #'s in 5 weeks is really good - that's almost 4 pounds a week, even with 2 'bad' weeks.
Remember, weight loss is NEVER linear. There is generally the week 3 slowdown as your body is trying to catch up with the initial weight loss (which is a lot of water). From there, it can be like a roller coaster.
Over my -90# journey, I lost 10 pounds a month, but weekly, it was more like -3, -1.5, -3.5, -2 (give or take). A lot of people also lose inches, but not as much weight certain weeks.

I will also toss in my $0.02 about limiting the restricted products from the get-go -& sorry if your coach has given you the ok - but I don't think its a wise idea. IP is designed to include these calories / carbs daily. If you go too low, you risk going into starvation mode or losing muscle (the heart is a muscle). I wonder if it may even be hindering your WL?
Also, you are leaving yourself with absolutely NO wiggle room if you do hit a true WL stall (typically 4 - 6 weeks of NO scale or inches lost). Generally if WL slows, coaches will limit or remove restricted products for a time to try and jump start things again.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi newbies and WELCOME!!
Stick with it, things will get a bit easier once you get into the routine.
BTW the person who mentioned that they only lost 1 lb and it was muscle (sorry I lost the specific post)... It is not necessarily muscle, but 'lean mass' which is anything that is not fat, ie retained water, stomach or bowel contents, skin, collagen, nerve, bone, etc, etc.
So... don't get the mistaken idea that if you haven't lost 'fat' then it must be muscle you've lost. The body comp analyzer gizmos are notoriously inaccurate anyhow.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:44 AM   #349  

Day 2 is going better..
I feel less hungry today, drinking tons of water, peeing a lot.
When I drink tea I seem to be better throughout the day without craving foods.

It is a rough road but it had to start someday
Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:15 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret View Post
Day 2 is going better..
I feel less hungry today, drinking tons of water, peeing a lot.
When I drink tea I seem to be better throughout the day without craving foods.

It is a rough road but it had to start someday
awesome - you probably have a couple more days of ups and downs but once you clear those first 3 - 5 days, it really does get much better.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #351  

Weighed in yesterday after finishing up my first week on IP. Lost 8 lbs and 3 inches from my waist! The first 3 days were a true struggle for me, but by day 4 I was sailing smooth! So, for those just starting out...stick to it and they cravings WILL go away. It was even that time of the month for me last week and I survived with an 8 pound loss. Excited to see what the second week brings!
lish2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:20 PM   #352  

Way to go, Lish!

Secret, so glad day 2 was a bit better. Hope today is pretty good to you too

I got on the scale this morning and I've hit my first big goal! I'm now under what I was when I got pregnant with my first, 3.5 years ago! This is an especially important milestone for me because even though I logically know I was way over this when I started, this is the number I've mentally thought of myself at for a long time. So even though I've had good losses, I've been feeling like it's slow going. But now I'll really feel like I'm losing as I'm seeing the numbers go down!
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:41 AM   #353  

Yayyy Juniper!!! That's great! Even with my initial struggle, I have to say that so far this is probably the easiest diet plan I have tired (and trust me, I've tried a lot!) And I love the weekly accountability to weigh in.
lish2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:47 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 235/152/140

Height: 5'6"

Venting. I am sure my DH is tired of me whining but ugh need to get it out. I am FRUSTRATED. I know plateaus happen, and they SUCK, but the scale at WI last week was only one pound down. I was bummed and have been on the scale every morning this week with no change. My scale is never the same as my coaches but when I came home after WI I checked what I was sitting at. Still the same number a week later. Tomorrow is WI and hoping by some miracle that her scale is better and mine just needs to be thrown out lol!

What have you done to get yourself off of a plateau? Did you start exercising?

It doesn't help I have been craving all the things we can't have this week. Which is weird because honestly it has not bothered me that much. Ok rant over. Just needed to get it out!!
Pamela78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:50 AM   #355  
donna2theg

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Another 1.3 in two days! What am I doing differently???? Who knows? On protocol and lots of water. Same as always. Just grateful for the loss and for this forum and the chance to celebrate with people! Wishing you all the best day!
donna2theg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:31 PM   #356  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela78 View Post
Venting. I am sure my DH is tired of me whining but ugh need to get it out. I am FRUSTRATED. I know plateaus happen, and they SUCK, but the scale at WI last week was only one pound down. I was bummed and have been on the scale every morning this week with no change. My scale is never the same as my coaches but when I came home after WI I checked what I was sitting at. Still the same number a week later. Tomorrow is WI and hoping by some miracle that her scale is better and mine just needs to be thrown out lol!

What have you done to get yourself off of a plateau? Did you start exercising?

It doesn't help I have been craving all the things we can't have this week. Which is weird because honestly it has not bothered me that much. Ok rant over. Just needed to get it out!!
That's so frustrating!

I cut out restricteds and upped my water by a litre (usually get in 3+ litres so made sure I was getting 4+, and I never count what I use mixed with packets, even for smoothies or soups). Could have been a coincidence, but I don't think so. I don't believe I can have a restricted item everyday without it really affecting my losses, so right now I'm having 2-3 per week. Gives my a little leeway to cut them out or add more when the next stall comes.

As for your cravings, my experience so far is that certain foods seem to trigger them (for me). I wrote in the past about how I was having major cravings the day after I would eat a bar. Is there anything you can think of that's maybe doing the same to you?
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:39 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Sorry Pamela78 - 1 week is not a stall... several weeks at the same weight AND measurements is a stall. Hang in there, your body is busy recomping and tightening skin and connective tissue. Weight loss is NOT linear.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 230.6/214.7/160

Red face

Well, week two and only one pound down. Told myself to shake it off but can't seem to shake the disappointment after 7.5 lb loss in week one. Staying on program and really having a hard time believing it will work for me. Hoping for better next week. chin up
TheNewMe2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:18 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMe2016 View Post
Well, week two and only one pound down. Told myself to shake it off but can't seem to shake the disappointment after 7.5 lb loss in week one. Staying on program and really having a hard time believing it will work for me. Hoping for better next week. chin up
I understand the disappointment after that great week. The first time I did IP I lost 10 lbs. the first week and just 3 the next. I was looking for a 5 lb. for the 2nd week. This time around I lost 8 the first week and I think maybe 2 or 3 the 2nd. Some weeks will be bigger than others, and some weeks your body is just trying to readjust things. The key is to keep going. Know that you can't compare yourself to others because you are unique. Look forward to trying a different packet of food every week, or trying out a new vegetable or recipe. I think I could have had everything figured out the last time around, but my mother got sick and I didn't phase off. I let the old habits return, and began my emotional eating again. So here I am with 30 more added pounds than when I started before. We are all a work in progress.
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 235/152/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks ladies. I had weigh in and down 1/2 a pound. Not the results I want but it didn't take overnight to put on the weight I need to stop thinking it will fall off overnight. I think it's because I am so close to breaking out of the 200's. My measurements are down though so my body must just be playing catch up. Just frustrating some times!

I talked to my coach and if I still have a minor loss then we will play around with food. She mentioned possibly making a couple of days all unrestricted items and only having restricted a couple of days. I am going to incorporate more walking and hoping I get to see the numbers I want. I will have to pay attention to what restricted I have the night before if I get cravings again.

IP is still one the easiest programs I have been on. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Supposed to be unseasonably warm so I am going to soak up that vitamin D!!
Pamela78 is offline   Reply With Quote