Old 01-29-2016, 10:41 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierra9809 View Post
Has exercise helped anyone lose more weight on ideal protein?
Hi Cierra - There is never anything wrong with getting moving
I can't say whether it helped me lose faster or not - I lost a total of 90 over 9 months and started walking a mile or two at least 3 days a week about 12 weeks after starting IP. I enjoyed the movement and know it helped set an excellent base for continuing with exercise in maintenance.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #212  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyejan View Post
Just got back from my first info-workshop, and here in Oakland, Ca -

533.50 start fee. 250.00 of which allows you to come back at any time to restart the program. The rest for supplements and 4 boxes of food and set up fee.

25.00 per week coaching fee

87.00 - 105 per week for food until you are at 100% of target.

Does this sound reasonable to others? I have to admit that I'm sort of rethinking IP due to the initial buy in amount.

Where I go it's $450 start up that gives you 12 days of food to try different things (so 36 packets) a month's worth of vitamins, and you save $100 if you get them during a sale thing so you spend $350...there is no separate coaching fee.

hysteria - that's amazing! 90 pounds in 9 months! I want to start exercising, I did well shoveling with an extra packet. So, I'm hoping to be able to return to kettlebells 3X week - we'll see what my coach says tomorrow.

Going to follow coach and not know the number on the scale every week (let her just track it in my file). I think it will be good to get t he number the end of each month to see how much I lose every month. So, tomorrow, I will get the number, but then I'll just wait until February 27th. I'm so hopeful I lost, everything keeps fitting better. For instance, when I started, i had pants that I could not button and if it was TOM I couldn't even where. Well the past two weeks I've been able to button out from the drier, and today despite TOM, I was able to rock them. I've had them for about 3 years though so.. lol I can't fit into a smaller size than the tag says, but it must count for something that it fits. Also wore a dress this week that fit, but the lining was so snug, well, this week I wore it fine.

I cheated week 3, so I know I have no "right" to expect a loss. However, I do. I also think my coach was right, I was eating two little, so we'll see what happens since I'm not eating unlimited for my 4 cups a day and having a restricted every day. Thanks for listening. I can tell some don't want to hear about my diet so I never bring it up unless asked about it. So, it's nice to be able to read and share on here.

Last edited by Kayweight; 01-29-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:32 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 167.5/163.1/120

Height: 5' 4"

Kayweight - yeay for you rocking those pants! You go girl!

I bit the bullet and signed up yesterday. Today is my first full day on IP.

I so agree. It's great to have a place to spout off about successes, failures and the journey to our goals.

I've been wanting to spill everything to all my friends - but am holding back. Mostly to see the look on their face when the weight starts coming off.

A couple of people I have told (and my step-daughters) I haven't said it's a "diet", but rather a sugar/carb detox. A lot of them would turn up their noses at a diet - espc. a meal replacement diet - but "detox" seems to be okay. (I think it must be a California thing.)
ladyejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:55 AM   #214  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Ladyejan great idea re the "detox." I've gotten some negativity re the diet, but I expected that, I was one of them prior to seeing the success in others I see in life and on here. I think your plan sounds great to not have to deal with all that dramaaaaa lol

Okay so guess what y'all!! I lost 5.6 pounds for W#4 - there was no W#3 because of blizzard. I cheated and ate chocolate and double restricted items for 5 of those days, I think partly because I knew I would not be held accountable on the scale and partly because I was PMS-ing and chocolate at that time might be like crack to an addict. Anyhow, so I consider that 5.6 pounds lost for week 4. I'm so excited because what my coach said to do worked, I had a restricted everyday - in the morning, never used unlimited vegetables for more than one cup of my 4 cups a day, doubled my restricted items the two days I shoveled for hours. I think I've solved it. Also this is the first time I can remember losing weight on any plan during TOM!!!!! Woohoo!!!! I have arrived on plan and it feeeeeels so goooood.
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:25 PM   #215  

*Jumping up and down and cheering!*
Old 01-30-2016, 05:26 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 185.8/138.6/135.8

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayweight View Post
Anyhow, so I consider that 5.6 pounds lost for week 4. I'm so excited because what my coach said to do worked, I had a restricted everyday - in the morning, never used unlimited vegetables for more than one cup of my 4 cups a day, doubled my restricted items the two days I shoveled for hours. I think I've solved it. Also this is the first time I can remember losing weight on any plan during TOM!!!!! Woohoo!!!! I have arrived on plan and it feeeeeels so goooood.
Way to go kayweight! I had the same feeling this month after my TOM. The feeling of success is so motivating! It keeps me on track when I see the progress, and hope I can continue to lose consistently.

LadyJane love the idea of reframing it as a detox. I tend to not say diet either but something like I've cut out sugar and carbs and that tends to be enough without bringing up too many questions. So odd we had to justify it to other people. But an deviation from the "normal" way of eating brings questions. I've been vegetarian for 20 years so I'm used to people questioning what I eat and why.
maybeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:25 AM   #217  

I was so strong yesterday at our weekend board game day. No wine, no cocktails, no pretzels, no cheese or crackers . . . and I turned away the amazing brownies my baking friend always brings.

My clinic allows 1 oz of milk a day - which I added this morning along with two shots of espresso to the cappuccino shake - all heated in the microwave. It was the perfect starter for this coffee addict.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:30 AM   #218  
Hi!

That sounds like a good mix, ladyejan. I'm not a milk person normally, but I'd try that for a change. I need to ask - what board games did you play? Sunday are normally our game days with friends.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:40 AM   #219  

We had about sixteen people this week - it varies from between 5 and twenty on any given date - and we do a pot luck.

This week on the tables we had "Dead of Winter"(a zombie survival game), "Timeline" (A history sort of game), "Forbidden Desert" (a really hard co-operative strategy game), and one of our great favorites "Betrayal At The House On The Hill" (a sort of co-operative haunted house game until the very end . . . when one player turns out to be the evil bad guy.)

There were also a couple of rounds of "Cards Against Humanity" after the youngsters were in bed . . . and the wine and cocktails started flowing. It's a very "mature" game - not for the easily offended. I actually get more fun from watching it being played than playing it myself.

In the past we've done "Talisman", "Elder Signs", "Robot Rally",etc. We generally do games that require planning and player input, rather than games like Parcheesi which are more based on random dice rolls.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:34 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

I am returning. Restarted ideal protein this past Thursday. I was on it 2 years ago but quit due to unrelated dental issues. Beside feeling very emotional Friday night and Sat morning I have been feeling good. I think this is because I changed alot of my eating habits in the past few months. I have about 60-70 lbs to lose and am ready this time.
sapphire83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:53 PM   #221  
Hi!

Of that list, I've played Betrayal a few times. I actually won as the little girl the last time we played. I'll have to look into the others you mentioned. We're playing the monthly special version of Pandemic over this year. I think today is will be a crude CAH day while I watch everyone drink too much.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #222  

Default Starting IP from 1st feb

Hi everyone ... I am new here and new to ip diet starting tomorrow also I am a vegetrian and have 50lbs to lose.I am here looking for support and motivation.Is there anyone else there starting tomorrow ??
minal2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:03 PM   #223  

Oh Sweet Mezmerelda! I love that game.

We have Pandemic, but haven't played it in quite a while. Maybe I'll haul it out for next time.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:01 AM   #224  

Thumbs up Starting Out on IP - (LONG!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minal2380 View Post
Hi everyone ... I am new here and new to ip diet starting tomorrow also I am a vegetrian and have 50lbs to lose.I am here looking for support and motivation.Is there anyone else there starting tomorrow ??
I just started on Saturday 01/30. Tuesday is my first WI, which is not quite a full week, but Tuesday is the best day for me to get to my clinic - and they didn't want to wait until the second week of Feb.

The office I go to, has a fancy machine that you stand on, and hold some handles, and it gives all sorts of metrics about your body. On Saturday my basic info was :

Weight: 167.8 lbs
Lean body mass: 103.4 lbs
Body Fat mass: 64.4 lbs
BMI = 28.8 (should be between 18.5 - 22.0)
% Of Body Fat = 38.3 (should be between 18.0 - 28.0)

I am trying to lose a mimum of 30 lbs - but 40 would be my dream goal.

So far (only three days in) it's fairly easy to stay on the protocol - though I was greatly tempted by brownies this weekend. And the smell of hot dog relish at the movie theater last night had me salivating. (I think it was the salty smell)

I have the cappuccino drink with 2 shots of espresso and 1 oz of milk in the morning. The Chicken a la king with veggies at lunch, 5 - 7 oz protein plus veggies for dinner - and alternate the raspberry mousse and the salt and vinegar crisps as a snack. (I could happily live on the crisps forever!)

I am taking all of the supplements they gave me - including a tablespoon of cod liver oil every morning. (Ick!)

Except for a brief headache in the morning (which might be caffeine withdrawal) I haven't had any of the negative symptoms they talked about.

Two other things that have been really helpful for me - I splurged and bought the Chef Verati cookbook from my clinic. It was expensive (35.00) but the three recipes I made from it have all been fantastic. Good enough that the non-IP members of my family also ate the same thing I did. (Though they had things like rice, bread, peas - that I didn't eat.)

The other is that I bought a Ketonix device, which measures your breath for what level of ketosis you are in. (www.ketonix.com - not affiliated, I just love the darn thing!) It is much more accurate than a ketostix, which is tested with urine.

I weighed myself on my home scale on Friday before I went to my set-up appt. where I picked out food - and my home scale said 166 - so about 1.8 lbs different from their machine.

Today my home scale said 162.5. I actually reset it and weighed twice, because I thought the first time it was wrong - but I got the same weight twice.

I find it hard to believe that I lost 4 lbs in three days. If I did, it was probably all water weight.

So, I am sort of holding my breath for my "official" weigh-in tomorrow morning. I don't think it will be really-real until then.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I'm back to Ideal Protein! I was successful at losing the weight way back in 2010 and some how I have managed to gain it back. This diet does work, so here I am again. Looking forward to reaching my goal and MAINTAINING!
Hey there! another familiar 'face' from 2010!
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote