Old 01-25-2016, 09:10 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela78 View Post
Happy Sunday!

Congrats to all you shrinking people!!! Goodbye good riddance! We can do this!

I was really nervous about my week 2 weigh in as I was not the best OP person. I think the hard part for me is that I had done the Atkin's diet years ago and lost a lot of weight. So I know the bacon and sausage won't knock me out of Ketosis buuuut my body has to burn that fat before it takes it from my tush. I skipped some packets because I over did it at the brunch buffet and my weakness!! PIZZA. I totally ate the cheese and toppings off at a kids function. I tested with my ketostix after both and was still in Ketosis but yeah....not good if I keep that up. Willpower needs to find me. But I still lost 6 lbs but of course my measurements were not great as of bloating and TOM. Hoping this week I can resist all the forbidden.

If you have not tried the chocolate wafers...oh em gee. I would eat these suckers even when not OP. What is everyone's favorite restricted snack?

I also roasted up some eggplant and cabbage steaks. Not a lover of the cabbage but yummo on the eggplant. I think I liked it better than the fried! Picked up some Brussels sprouts at Costco and can't wait to get those cooking! Also some Salmon. Not a lover of fish and we have never made it before. Any suggestions?

Have a great week ladies!
I just put a bit of lemon with some herb spices and cook it in a 350 oven for 20 minutes. You can also microwave. I have also put some WF pancake syrup on to give it a sweet taste. But then I LOVE salmon.
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:23 AM   #182  
Hi!

Hey all! I was traveling for the last week, and haven't been able to check in, but here I am!

Last week in Austin, TX on a diet was fun. I stayed in a hotel w/a kitchen, so I went to the grocery store, and stocked up on foods for the week. I ignored the call to the food trucks and bbq joints. Also fun was having TOM last week. Probably didn't get enough veggies in, but I didn't cheat.

Today is my 2nd weigh in, although I'm 3 weeks in. I don't weigh myself, but I'm seeing definite change. I'm down close to a size, I think.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 167.5/163.1/120

Height: 5' 4"

Congrads!

I don't start IP until this Thursday - so reading through these boards is very inspiring for me.

I was Paleo for about a year, and while I definitely felt better, I did not lose weight on it.

I'm hoping that the cost of following the program will be a huge encouragement to stay strict with it . . . . AND once I get down to my target weight and maintain that my husband will be inspired to try IP and get more healthy.

So - keep all those stories coming!
ladyejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:25 AM   #184  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyejan View Post
Congrads!

I don't start IP until this Thursday - so reading through these boards is very inspiring for me.

I was Paleo for about a year, and while I definitely felt better, I did not lose weight on it.

I'm hoping that the cost of following the program will be a huge encouragement to stay strict with it . . . . AND once I get down to my target weight and maintain that my husband will be inspired to try IP and get more healthy.

So - keep all those stories coming!
'

Welcome! lost about 16 pounds on paleo n three weeks eating things I thought were absurd lol and did it for health issues (cutting out certain foods). I felt great, could workout my best yet - walking, jogging, and kettlebells - I spoke with my coach and plan to use paleo for maintenance. I was fine with it till I went to Israel for a couple weeks and ate ice cream every night and had to eat breads (if I wanted to eat lunch) - I lost 8 pounds while there - but was also walking like 3 miles a day. However, all my cravings were back full force and months later, after gaining 28 pounds, I was blessed with the ability to start this program.

Weight loss so far has been slower than expected on IP but perhaps you've read my posts that describe my journey. I'm not quitting, just plan to find the best way on this program to get the greatest bang for my buck.

Last edited by Kayweight; 01-25-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #185  
Started IP Alts 1/3/16

S/C/G: 265/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone, now that I'm a couple weeks in I'm having weird dreams about food! It's so bizarre..last night I had a dream that I ate a tub of guacamole and a bunch of chips. I wake up feeling like crap because I had cheated, but then I remember it was just a dream! At least I can cheat in my sleep I guess XD
Greyfaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #186  

Default Product Database.

Hi everyone. Hope you're doing well. Lots of snow here in Maryland.

I am creating an Ideal Protein product database that includes all the nutrition facts and ingredients. It also has lists that are important like restricted vs unrestricted and gluten free. I still need quite a few products though to complete it.

Apple and cinnamon soy puffs
Banana pudding mix
BBQ soy nuts
Beef stroganoff
Butterscotch pudding mix
Ready to serve cappuccino drink
Caramel and vanilla bar
Caramel nut bar
Ready to serve caramel pudding
Cereal flakes
Chicken ala King pottage mix
Chicken Dijonnaise
Chicken noodle mix
Chicken soup mix
Ready to serve chocolate drink
Chocolate mint bar
Ready to serve chocolate pudding
Chocolate soy puffs
Chocolatey coconut bar
Classic balsamic dressing
Cranberry and pomegranate bar
Dark chocolate pudding mix
Dill pickle zippers
Garlic and fine herbs crisps
All the meal replacement shakes
Leek soup mix
Macaroni and cheese
Ready to serve mango drink
Milk chocolate flavoured pudding
Omelette mix
Orange wafers
Pancake mix
Peach and mango drink
Peanut butter bars
Peanut soy puffs
Pina colada flavored drink mix
Poppy seed and lemon bar
Raspberry and chocolate bar
Raspberry chocolatey bar
Raspberry gelatin mix
Tomato and basil rotini
Sour cream and onion soy puffs
Ready to serve strawberry banana drink
Strawberry wafers tangerine powdered water enhancer
Tomato and basil soup mix
triple chocolate wafers
Vanilla drink mix
Vanilla peanut bar
Vanilla pudding mix
Yogurt vanilla and almond ready to serve drink

I'm asking people to take a picture of the nutritional facts and ingredients. I found product pics online but some of them may be outdated. I would love if you could contribute and obviously I would share it. It is a really awesome Excel file.
INFPerseverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #187  

Weathermom: I like salad topped with the BBQ soy nuts, that might make an easy meal for you when you're away.

Pamela: I am pretty obsessed with cabbage steaks, I think they're sooo good. To bad you're not a fan, they make such an easy side/vegetable dish for a meal. I feel like maybe you didn't season it well or something because I don't get how anyone could NOT like them lol. But I couldn't care less about the wafers so maybe we just have different tastes Anyway, good luck with your weigh in.

Ladyejan: welcome!

Kayweight: I was also thinking paleo or at least paleo-ish might be the way for me to go once I reach maintenance

INFPerseverence: I am looking forward to you sharing your list. I only have individual packs right now so I have no info to contribute yet, but I'll try to get you some when I get boxes.

Sljumper: I have a 1L water bottle and make sure to drink it at least twice in the day. I'm a water lover though, but even I find it easier to drink lots from the bottle instead of from a glass. Some people drink more through a straw, so that's another option you could try.

Mezmerelda: sounds like you did great while you were away! That's inspiring!

Last edited by Juniper10; 01-25-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:34 PM   #188  

Thanks for the welcome.

I got a Britta filter bottle that holds about 23 oz water - so I'm working on trying to drink three a day, so I can get use to downing that much liquid.

The person I've been emailing about IP seems to be really upbeat, so that's encouraging.

I did try following a protocol to put yourself into Ketosis - but it was much too strict and hard to follow.

Janyce
Old 01-26-2016, 06:51 AM   #189  

Default weigh in today

2nd week almost done and I weigh in tonight! I am pretty nervous because I don't feel like I lost anything 😢
I see a little loss on my scale at home but the scale at the pharmacy I am doing IP with is about a 4 lb difference!
I did not cheat at all and so I am hoping I do see somewhat of a difference.
Wish me luck please! !!!
Thank you,
Su
susan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:54 AM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfaery View Post
Hey everyone, now that I'm a couple weeks in I'm having weird dreams about food! It's so bizarre..last night I had a dream that I ate a tub of guacamole and a bunch of chips. I wake up feeling like crap because I had cheated, but then I remember it was just a dream! At least I can cheat in my sleep I guess XD
My first week I had crazy dreams! Not about food but things like my hair was falling out etc😂😂😉... I guess cutting all this stuff out plays with our minds LOL!!!
Good luck on the rest of your journey
Susan
susan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #191  
Restarted IP June 2014

Height: 5'2"

Infperserverance ( cute name ). I have some of those boxes and can take pics when I'm home on the weekend. How do I get the pics to you? ( and would you like a "like/dislike" opinion on each?

I had 2 NSV's yesterday on my trip so far....I didn't order any junk food on the flight when they came around asking (I munched my choco puffs & veggies) and, the biggie....I turned down the warm chocolate chip cookies at the hotel checkin.
That one was a tough habit to break, they smelled mighty good, but I do NOT want to waste ~ 3 days program cost of my $$$ and time on a cheat day. I know from the past that once I'm kicked out of ketosis, my body fights going back in.

Today marks 1 week in for me, but I can't weigh in until next week when I'm back.

Have a strong week everyone!
weathermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #192  

Yeay for you weathermom!

I agree, and I think the $$, and time spent at the program, etc. will continue to be a motivator. Hopefully for me too.

When I tried managing myself into ketosis, I remember how nasty having the "keto-flu" was. I'm hoping the carb withdrawal won't be so nasty this time - but if it is, then that's another big reason not to slip off the wagon!
Old 01-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #193  
Hi!

Weigh in yesterday has me down about 10.2 pounds in 3 weeks. If I look at week 2 and 3, the numbers aren't as high as I'd hoped, so I will just ignore them (per my original plan) and focus on the fact that I have already dropped a size.

I am only going to be able to go in every 2 weeks for a while. I think they'd prefer I change my schedule to be there every week, but I just don't see it happening. It works better for me, as I actually see a loss in that time frame.

I reloaded on food yesterday. Those vanilla rice squares (not restricted) are my current favorite thing. Seriously, I love them. They taste so good, I almost feel guilty for eating them.

Keep all the good work up, everyone!
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

I am on my 3rd week. This has been the easiest diet I've ever been on. I like that I don't have to think about prepping food for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner. I love that I can grab something out of the cupboard and only have to prep veggies and meat. I am highly addicted to sugar and carbs and figured this would be the best way for me to reset my body and mind from constantly craving them! I have already been put to several tests and haven't given in once! Its just not worth it to me to spend this kind of money and then sabotage myself by cheating! I read somewhere on this forum "NOT NEVER, JUST NOT RIGHT NOW". This also helps me when cravings kick in or a piece of candy is put in front of me.

My husband works out of town and I wont see him for several weeks. I'm excited to see his expression when he sees my transformation when he comes home!

Good luck to everyone on this forum who are ready to change their lifestyles!

Abbyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

I really want to try those rice squares! I LOVE the lemon wafer bars, tho they are restricted... but I'm pretty sure they are going keep me on track through girl scout cookie season! The Lemon Savannah Smiles are my weakness and I'm not even sad about not buying some this year! (I'm pretty sure I bought 3 cases of them last year!) oops!
Abbyy is offline   Reply With Quote