Old 03-04-2016, 02:14 PM   #361  

Sorry Pamela and thenewme, I'd be feeling disappointed too. Hope you both have more satisfactory losses next week. I know I mentally have a harder time sticking with something if I'm not seeing the results all the time, even though I know I shouldn't expect to.

I read somewhere at some point that some people find they slow down around a point that they had previously maintained for awhile in the past. Thought that was interesting and I'll have to watch for that, even though I can't think of many weights I stuck at for particularly long amounts of time.

Anyways, I'm feeling like I'm not losing the inches to match the pounds I've lost, not sure what's up with that. Hopefully it just means it's all slowly melting off evenly across my body? Lol I don't know. My pants definitely are looser, so there's that.
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 165/160/125

Height: 5'4"

Just started Feb 1. Lost 10 pounds but hoping to have more of a loss since the research I have done shows that some have lost a good bit more the first month. Anyhow, hello everyone!!
Lorri1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #363  

Also, have you guys tried the bread recipe made with crispy cereal? I don't know who created it but I got it in the Facebook group. Eating it right now and I think it's a game changer. I usually avoid meals that include my protein and a packet, but I'll do it now for a burger with a bun (can't wait for that!) or over easy eggs and toast.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 165/160/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper10 View Post
Also, have you guys tried the bread recipe made with crispy cereal? I don't know who created it but I got it in the Facebook group. Eating it right now and I think it's a game changer. I usually avoid meals that include my protein and a packet, but I'll do it now for a burger with a bun (can't wait for that!) or over easy eggs and toast.
Hi, can you send me the recipe? I am not on Facebook.
Thanks in advance!
Lorri1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:09 AM   #365  

So I have not been updating as much as I had originally planned, but I have logged on periodically to reading about how everyone else is doing. I have lost 15 lb over the last 8 weeks.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I am happy that I am loosing consistently. I am now just overweight rather than obese according to my BMI which is also a good thing. I really hate that I am loosing a such a low rate though. I know a loss of, on average, 2 lbs a week is really good. Especially since I have never lost at that rate before! It is just hard to not compare myself with other people who are consistently posting larger losses.

I have not been logging my food. I come up with a loose plan at the beginning of the week and just stick with that. I am going to start really looking at what I am eating to see if I have too many extras sneaking in, or if I am maybe shorting myself on my veggies. I am getting in my water and supplements.

So, I figured I would make up for my lack of posts my writing a little novel this morning! Good morning and happy Monday everyone!
sljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:05 AM   #366  

Hello all I am about to start the IP diet and am nevious a little because of the not feeling well at the beginning. I am hypothyroid so I do not let go of weight easy. I have tried every diet and nothing has worked even though I was faithful. This is alot of money to put out. However if I loose it will be worth it. My heaviest I was 220-240 don't know exactly I stopped weighing in once I hit 220 and I did get heavier. Now I am 176 ish. Lost it at 1/2 pound a month over years that is all my body would let go of. So here I am has it been worth if for you so far yay or nay
eascolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #367  
Hi!

Hi, everyone! Back after a work week on the road.

I think I may be past the plateau that I hit a couple of weeks ago - we'll see. I definitely think the 21 day fix workouts were keeping the weight loss from showing up on the scale, so I am back to 3 mile daily hikes until this is done. I've been trying to get cabbage into my diet most days, as it seems to help "move things along" for me better than anything else. My WI is today, and it's been 2 weeks since I was there. I don't normally weigh myself at home, but I did a couple of times as the coach requested it in case we needed to alter things.

Had people over yesterday for game/food day. I baked a lot, and did not taste anything. I love baking, and I've been worried about my ability to NOT cheat to check the taste/consistency. Two of my friends brought something "on plan" for me, which was very nice.

OK, ready to get on with this week and nice weather.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:33 AM   #368  

Default Help!!!

Hello all,
I've been on the protein diet for almost two weeks now. I started at 225 my first week's weigh in I lost 5 pounds. And 4 days later I have gained 4 pounds and I've been sticking to the protocol I've only had two restricted meals a week and I don't know what to do to lose this weight. I weigh myself every morning at the same time so I'm thinking maybe I should start working out now somebody please help me I'm trying to stay positive but not seeing the results is really getting to me help...
Legaldiva33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:56 PM   #369  
Hi!

Working out didn't really help me - it actually slowed my process. What did your coach say? When I had cruddy progress a couple of weeks ago, we looked at my food intake in case there were hidden carbs somewhere due to a veggie or something. Otherwise, we looked at TOM or constipation as potential issues.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:13 PM   #370  

Hello again everyone thought would update since it's been a few days...

So I did my first weigh and I lost 5.4 lbs yay and you guys were right the first 3 days I wanted to die... and after that got better..
Drinking so much water though, peeing so much :/ that is an inconvenience especially when I am sleeping in the middle of the night
Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #371  
Hi!

Definitely got past my plateaus of the last weigh in. I was down 7+ pounds in the 2 weeks since I've been in, with 22.6 total since Jan 4. I'm halfway there!
Old 03-08-2016, 10:37 AM   #372  

Default Quitting

Okay so I posted yesterday about me being on this diet and gaining weight my second week so I think I'm going to quit this diet and look into another diet good luck for everybody else
Legaldiva33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #373  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legaldiva33 View Post
Okay so I posted yesterday about me being on this diet and gaining weight my second week so I think I'm going to quit this diet and look into another diet good luck for everybody else
Do you have a coach? I would definitely discuss the gain with them, and possibly with a doctor. 4lb in 4 days is a lot and very likely isn't fat in that amount of time. Could be constipation, your body gearing up for your period, are you having too much sodium (water retention), or is there anything else that could be making you retain water, like medications or something? Are you not drinking enough water (which could also lead you to retain water instead of flushing it out)? Are your legs swollen at all? I really think if you're staying OP and if you are not constipated, water retention for some reason is probably the most likely culprit of your gain. But good luck with trying something else, this is an expensive program if you're not feeling it and I don't blame you for wanting to look elsewhere.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:15 PM   #374  

Eascolady - welcome and good luck! You will totally survive the feeling unwell for a couple days, it's only 3-ish days and then you're normal. And I definitely didn't feel as bad as I expected to during those days

Mezmerelda: so glad you got past the plateau. Very interesting that your workouts seemed to hinder your progress. I need to get doing some regular activity. I go for walks a few times a week but end up going at a toddler's pace because I like my kids to walk instead of sit in the stroller. So it definitely doesn't count as exercise!

Secret: congrats!
Old 03-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #375  

Wish every week could be a 10lb drop! It would make reaching my goal so much easier but I am happy with my results so far. I am 5lbs away from my first goal! in hoping to reach that at my next weigh in. Fingers crossed.
Good luck to everyone else in their journey. Stay positive and remember it's a journey that's going to take time.
Neriss is offline   Reply With Quote