Old 03-20-2016, 12:27 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 235/152/140

Height: 5'6"

WTG Kristie!! super exciting! I am hoping I break out of the 200's next weigh in as well!!
Pamela78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #392  
donna2theg

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Just passed that mark myself. What a great feeling! Good on you!
donna2theg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #393  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!
Today is my day 1 of IP.
I have a coach and many people around me that have experienced great results! I'm very excited and will be on here quite often, I'm sure!

By the way, has anyone experienced nausea at the beginning?
All I had today so far (it's 9:17 am right now...) was strawberry banana drink and the supplements around 7 am. I did take the supplements with the drink... and so far had about 30 oz of water.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #394  

I am just starting my second week and the nausea finally went away. I found that by spacing out the vitamins over a period of time helped a lot. Especially all the ones you take in the evening (and they are not small). I start around 5 and finish by 8 or so. Did you like the strawberry banana drink? I am on the vanilla and have to put ice with it to get it down.

Last edited by mclennan; 03-21-2016 at 02:11 PM.
mclennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 235/152/140

Happy Monday!

Tara - at the beginning you will feel what most of us lovingly call the ketoflu. Nausea and headaches knocked me out for day 3 of IP but once your body switches over to Ketosis then you will feel better. It makes it easier knowing you will feel like garbage about making a choice on whether or not to cheat. It honestly isn't worth it! Good luck to you!

McLennan - I love the strawberry banana drink! It is my breakfast everyday as I was reeeeeally missing fruit. I drink it cold. I have never tried the vanilla but the chocolate was not very good to me.

I stepped on the scale this morning with no change over the weekend I am trying those new trail mix packets (super yummy) but wondering if they are just too high for me. My coach said they were non restricted but my friends coach said they are non-restricted but restricted to once a day. So I have been alternating them but wondering if it is just too much.

Had a non scale victory this weekend. We took our daughters swimming and I needed to use my old swimsuit as the other was too big. We are going swimming again on the 3rd with our Multiples association (twin invasion!) and I have another suit that I am hoping will fit better by then.
Pamela78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:05 PM   #396  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

pamela78 Thank you for the information. Good to hear that it's not unusual and that I'm ok to continue with this... And congrats on your NSV!

mclennan I'll definitely try that...especially since I'm about to have dinner... I did like strawberry banana. I also blended pineapple banana mix with water and spinach and ice for my lunch and it was very refreshing! I'm going to try cappuccino drink one tomorrow.. =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:27 AM   #397  

How do you know when you are in Ketosis? I am into my second week and really not feeling much different other than the nausea going away. I have not really felt much difference. I did lose 5 lbs in the first week and looking for a few more at the end of this week. I will say that my pants are just a little bit looser than two weeks ago but no size change yet.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclennan View Post
I am on the vanilla and have to put ice with it to get it down.
I don't know if you are a coffee person, but I put four or five ice cubes and about a cup of iced coffee (morning leftovers go in the fridge) in a solo cup then pour the ready-mades over that and mix with a straw. Thins it out a little, makes it ice cold, and gives it the coffee punch! Also, when I do use the chocolate drink packet I use iced coffee instead of water. Hang in there!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 306/264/150

Hi all! I'm starting IP on Monday! So excited! I've been heavy my whole life and have tried soooo many diets that just didn't stick. Over the last month and half or so, I've been doing my own thing and have lost 11lbs as of today. I started at a little over 306lbs and am now at just under 295. Hopefully, with the help of IP, I can reach my goal weight of 150. Looking forward to sharing in this weight loss journey with you all!
Positraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Good Luck! Once you start, be 100% and dont look back
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #401  

I am on Day 9. I think you will like it. It takes just a little patience and a lot of creativity. Around day 4, I started to use the Internet for creative ideas on how to prepare the packages to make them look and taste differently. That has helped a bunch. Last night I had taco's in lettuce (recipe from this forum) and they were very filling and tasted great. I wish you great success and keep searching this forum and u-tube. Wonderful help and advice.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:39 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 216/200/140 206/191/130

Height: 5'6

Default Re-Start after 2 week break

Hello all!
I went away for 2 weeks in a city I have never been to, had free breakfasts at the hotel and was surrounded by all kinds of authentic international cuisine and old friends I hadn't seen in years to share meals with. So, the first 4 days I stayed OP, but then I got to thinking and thinking and thinking, I might not have a chance to have this experience again, after consultation with my mom I went for it, had some very nice meals and enjoyed them! Did some shopping too and went and saw all the tourist sights I could!!
I am back home now and back OP, day 2. I had gained about 10 lbs (probably 5-8 being carb-ed up and salted lol)
I'm not worried, not beating myself up - Had a false start on Monday - I know the first 3 days for me can be tricky and if I can make it past day 3 then I'm golden I'm still getting over the 4 hours time adjustment from travelling.
I am going to by boyfriend's place for the long weekend, where I find the most support, so I am looking forward to it. I will weigh myself when I get back to get a true picture of how far back I set myself. We have my meals all planned out!
I always have found starting again difficult, but I just gotta do it!!
Have a great day everyone!!!
BerylX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 199.6 / 186.2 / 160

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela78 View Post
Happy Monday!

Tara - at the beginning you will feel what most of us lovingly call the ketoflu. Nausea and headaches knocked me out for day 3 of IP but once your body switches over to Ketosis then you will feel better. It makes it easier knowing you will feel like garbage about making a choice on whether or not to cheat. It honestly isn't worth it! Good luck to you!

McLennan - I love the strawberry banana drink! It is my breakfast everyday as I was reeeeeally missing fruit. I drink it cold. I have never tried the vanilla but the chocolate was not very good to me.

I stepped on the scale this morning with no change over the weekend I am trying those new trail mix packets (super yummy) but wondering if they are just too high for me. My coach said they were non restricted but my friends coach said they are non-restricted but restricted to once a day. So I have been alternating them but wondering if it is just too much.

Had a non scale victory this weekend. We took our daughters swimming and I needed to use my old swimsuit as the other was too big. We are going swimming again on the 3rd with our Multiples association (twin invasion!) and I have another suit that I am hoping will fit better by then.
Hi! I was going crazy with the trail mix as well, eating it almost every day as a topping in my salad for lunch. My coach adviced me to cut it down only to twice a week.

I'm on week 6 right now. My weight loss has been slow. On week 4 I only lost 1lb. ONE! My coach told me not to get discouraged as my total weight loss for the month was 10.4 lbs. Which is great if one thinks about it, but 1 lb was awful. Then on week 5 I lost 3.2. I havent seen the scale move much this week and its already wednesday. We'll see what happens on my WI this Saturday.

I had the raspberry chocolate bar today. I was missing chocolate so much. I really liked it. Once a week trat instead of a restricted item. I can live with that!
soluna2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #404  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone! I'm on week 10 and down 1.5. My clinic does not carry the trail mix or the vanilla crispy bar. In fact, they have not updated anything with IP since I went there in 2012. The sheet still says 5-7 oz of protein a day. Coaching is also weak, but I am determined to make this work, and it is probably best that I don't have the crispy bar or the trail mix; although they both sound really good. Lets all stick together peeps, I really need this site to stay motivated!
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #405  

How many ounces of protein are we supposed to have? Mine says 8 oz. My coach is awful too. I get more information from here than what she gives me. Like you - I will just do this on my own.