Old 01-13-2016, 06:29 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Win4me ans hoops50 welcome

Kay glad to see things are better

Smda. Know what you mean about weather...here it is one snow storm after another...walking on treadmill just does not give me fresh air of a long walk outside.

Im not having a good week...(3rd week). ...scale going up almost 1lb...last night had so many cravings...ate a few...emmm...ok ...too many quest chips and today I am just pissed at myself. I know I am my worst critic but....
I was starting t feel good and felt it in my clothes but now my stomach seemed to have ballooned out and when i got on that scale it made me mad...i know its stupid and last night i should of just gone to bed but no...stayed up...my mind wondered...one bag, two bags, three bags, four and yes five.

Ok confession over. New day. Lets move on. Listen to my own advice and not let this glitch become a disaster.
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:28 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Welcome wine4me!

Loser13- Glad you are having a good week!

It is only 10:24 am. I have had two packets and an egg and am still hungry. Boo.

And yes, I did drink some tea. And no, I don't want any lettuce.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:47 AM   #93  

Loser13 granted 5 bags of Quest chips wasn't a good idea, but it wasn't a bag of REAL chips, which would've been much worse. An IP cheat is better then a real food cheat IMO.

Just remember there are going to be weeks where you will have little to no loss, or even gains (typically small). I've had 4 or 5 in the 4 months I've been OP.

For those feeling hungry, don't forget your free veggies. Anytime I get the hangries I have a pickle. I LOVE pickles.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #94  
Started IP Alts 1/3/16

S/C/G: 265/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I started IP up again on Jan 3, so I will be joining you all
A little about me:
I have been fat all my life. In early 2014 I started the Ideal Protein diet and lost a lot of weight. I only did it for a month and a half because we then bought a house and I couldn't afford it anymore. My metabolism must have kicked in because I still lost weight afterward until I got to 175 around July, from 244 in January. It was a wonderful feeling, however 2014 was a very rough year for me after. Due to many different reasons I became depressed and turned to food once again to "help" it, and gained much of the weight back. I finally went to the doctor and went on medication that has helped tremendously. After Christmas and binge eating myself to death, I finally woke up and really looked at myself. I was still miserable about my weight and couldn't believe I ballooned up to where I was. I knew something had to change for life, not just for a couple of months.

I knew my body responded well to the IP protocol, so I started it up again. I still don't have enough extra money to buy the real stuff so I am on alternative products from Nashua Nutrition (that actually taste really good!). I have also been upping my water intake and it is now a gallon/day and I feel so energetic and positive. So far I have lost roughly 10 pounds by following the protocol exactly, with my goal weight being 150 pounds, hopefully by next year.

I'm very glad for this community and I wish the best of luck to everyone here in reaching your goals!!
Greyfaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Greyfeary. Welcome. Some of us have done it. Life interferes and you gain some or all of the weight back. The good news about IP is that we know it works. I have been on every diet known to man and have never had one that my body responds to so well.
I have used alternative both times I have been on the diet and have had no issues with losing the weight. Good luck.
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #96  

Hi Everyone.I'm completely new to Ideal Protein and 3FC. I decided to get on IP because my dad was on it and lost a good amount of weight. Unfortunately, he gained a lot back because he never went through Phases 2 - 3 and went back to very bad eating habits. He's on it again and now, we have each other for support. I am glad I also have found an online support group.

I started Ideal Protein on January 10th, so I'm on my 4th day. Of course, my body decided it was also a good time to start a cold. I'm gutting through it though and have stayed 100% on protocol. The clinic I go to is VERY strict about products (must be IP products and must be purchased from their location). While it's kind of annoying, I do want to see what kind of progress I make sticking with protocol 100%. When I choose to have another child (in another 1.5 years)I will probably follow IP's protocol, but purchase alternative products and stay on track on my own.

My starting weight (196) was when I was very pregnant. I naturally lost 18 lbs and had to work to get to my current weight (152 - as of 1/5/16). My body tends to gravitate between 145 and 155 – putting me in the slightly overweight category. My goal is to get down to 125, but I perfectly fine with anything up 130. I expect to gain weight at Phase 4 because I will finally be going back to the gym (which I love and am missing) and gaining muscle.

I'm looking forward to being a part of a community of people doing the same program and starting around the same time Once I get used to this site, I'll get more info on my profile and signature.
INFPerseverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:42 PM   #97  
Started IP Alts 1/3/16

S/C/G: 265/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Pasta Zero?

Has anyone used Pasta Zero before? It has 4g carbs, 3g fiber, 0 fat and 15 calories. Does anyone know if they are "allowed" for dinner? I know Miracle noodles are but these ones have a few carbs.
Greyfaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #98  

Hi everyone, I should be starting next week. I have my initial appointment on Saturday. I'm excited to jump in and get started, and am feeling super optimistic about this program. I'm learning a lot by paging through the forums.

To those of you who cook for other people at home, are you cooking a totally separate dinner for them, or sticking to similar elements (eg if you're planning to have chicken breast for dinner, that's what you make for everyone)? I think cooking a similar meal for all of us and just avoiding whatever starch I cook for them, plus eating a ton more veggies than everyone else might be the easiest way to go for me, but I'd love to hear what works for others.
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:42 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Day 3 complete!

Greyfaery INFPerseverance Juniper10 -
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:30 AM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper10 View Post
Hi everyone, I should be starting next week. I have my initial appointment on Saturday. I'm excited to jump in and get started, and am feeling super optimistic about this program. I'm learning a lot by paging through the forums.

To those of you who cook for other people at home, are you cooking a totally separate dinner for them, or sticking to similar elements (eg if you're planning to have chicken breast for dinner, that's what you make for everyone)? I think cooking a similar meal for all of us and just avoiding whatever starch I cook for them, plus eating a ton more veggies than everyone else might be the easiest way to go for me, but I'd love to hear what works for others.
There are times that we eat similar, but most of the time I eat differently. Once you get into the swing of things, it only takes a few extra moments to "whip" up my meals.
skinnygirlhiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:52 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello, time to take the plunge again, when on the diet in 2014 I lost over 50 lbs. went off before reaching my goal due to bowel obstruction and my diet buddy reached her goal so I was on my own. Harder to do on your own. I use to read these threads and found support and recipes and I'm hoping for the same now!
I stopped at 204 and have let myself get to a whopping 225 ;(.. This is day 4 for me, doing pretty good down 4 lbs... Yeahhhhh scale didn't move then boom there it was this morning. Hello all I've been lurking reading all your stories!! Thank you all!!! Looking forward to being back in my 12's comfortably!!!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:38 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
skinny Way to go girl! You are right to be VERY proud of yourself. Those challenges are not always to deal with. My husband is 145lbs...he has been that his whole life...no matter what he eats and how much...argh...I could just slap him sometimes...I look at a big of Doritos and I gain weight...lol

It is Day 15 of reboot for me and I know that I cannot cheat..during the summer I was on Day 40 and decided to have some junk...why? not sure...well...40 lbs later here I am...unfortunately I binge eat and just can't stop once I start...I need to figure this out...once I go off plan it takes me 4ever to get back on...my little devil in my head says...OK have all you want today because you will start fresh tomorrow...the next day the devil says..well you didn't have that yesterday so you should have it today and start tomorrow...EVERY single day is a struggle because I just keep thinking of that junk...The thing I miss the most (apart from my Doritos and Good and Plenty) are fruits...I LOVE grapes...I could (and have) eat a whole bag in a sitting...but they are a trigger for me and I know this...so once in maintenance I will have to remember this.

I love reading all the threads (although I get confused and can't remember where I read or wrote things...lol) I learn so much. I am starting to feel better...still do not fit in my not so fat pants(size 10)..I had to go and purchase new pants (size 14 arghhh!!!!) for work because I gained so much (had given away all my fat clothes because I promised myself I would never go back...ehmmm...this time I WILL keep this promise).
And as for my 'sexy' size 6 jeans...they are hanging on the door of my closet waiting for me...I'm coming...I will get there...one day at a time.

Well going to go make my PB shake in the garage...everyone is still sleeping here...I have been awake for 3 hours....I LOVE my PB Quest...so thick...yummy!

Later ladies!
im just reading this today, but wow can I relate! good for you! You will be in those size 6ers before you know it. I too gave away all my fat clothes, so now, I look for something to wear to work and have really search for something long and loose.. cause all the nice things are when I was 20lbs smaller. I miss those days, but now its time for ACTION
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper10 View Post

I tend to make the same meal with a few additions for DH. He is actually liking some of the things I am making. Thankfully he is not too fussy so doesn't need too much variety.
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 198/195/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Hola! New here...today is day 4!

This is my first post...although I have been reading as much as I can on this forum...VERY helpful! Today is day 4 and it really hasn't been that hard. My challenges have been getting in all my water. I SUCKED at drinking water before. My hydration level was rather scary low. SO many bathroom breaks...people at work have been looking at me kind of funny. LOL! Last night I just could not eat everything, that has NEVER happened on any other diet I have been on. Tonight I go for my first WI. Not expecting much since it has been such a short time. Next week should reflect!

I do have a question. I keep reading about a cookbook, where do I get that?

Thanks all! SUPER excited..
SkinnySharoncomeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

SkinnySharonCB:
http://www.janevasidealrecipes.com/s...l_Recipes.html
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote