Old 01-12-2016, 06:29 PM   #181  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
ATTENTION!!!! Quest has a new flavor available! Cookies & Cream.

I wish I could buy a single packet to try it before I commit to a tub, but I would be willing to bet that it would taste mighty fine as a cookie!!!
I offer myself up as a taste tester. I just finished off my tub of Quest pb and Six Star Fit powder isn't cutting it for me. I'm going to buy the Cookies & Cream as soon as I can find it locally, and let you know about flavor. I'm sure it's good - none of the Quest powders have been bad, IMO.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Ooooo glad I peeked in this thread right on! Cookies N Cream !!! Yay hope it's the same consistency as the salted caramel - that's my only complaint about the pb Quest is the thickness...the salted caramel / banana cream bake up much lighter
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:56 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

omgggggggg the recipes on here are amazing, will make a first attempt tonight. CANT WAIT... realized I really missed being OP
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:18 PM   #184  
Started IP Alts 1/3/16

S/C/G: 265/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Pasta Zero?

Has anyone used Pasta Zero before? It has 4g carbs, 3g fiber, 0 fat and 15 calories. Does anyone know if they are "allowed" for dinner? I know Miracle noodles are but these ones have a few carbs.
Greyfaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:32 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfaery View Post
Has anyone used Pasta Zero before? It has 4g carbs, 3g fiber, 0 fat and 15 calories. Does anyone know if they are "allowed" for dinner? I know Miracle noodles are but these ones have a few carbs.
I used the Shirataki tofu noodles - they have the same carb count (really only 1 net) so there is no problem unless you have allergies to soy.... But then you likely would be doing IP with alternatives. My coach never had a problem with me using them, but then I also used a few unlisted low carb veggies too like nopales.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:56 AM   #186  

Hi everyone! Just looking for some recipes that are vegetarian for phase 1. I also eat fish and seafood but I would like some other alternatives. Any good recipes, I am grateful for. I'm so paranoid about sticking to this diet I'm not being very creative.
Twinnymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:22 PM   #187  

Default Alternative Oatmeal - Quest Multipurpose Mix

I usually use IP products. I buy them online so they're a little less expensive. But my shipment is not here yet and I'm running low on the oatmeal for muffins/cookies. I have the Quest Multipurpose Mix. Has anyone ever tried to make an IP Oatmeal clone using this and ground up oatmeal?

Any other suggestions on how to use this mix? I tried the "French Bread" and it was terrible! So dry.

Thanks for the ideas!
mjflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #188  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjflora View Post
I usually use IP products. I buy them online so they're a little less expensive. But my shipment is not here yet and I'm running low on the oatmeal for muffins/cookies. I have the Quest Multipurpose Mix. Has anyone ever tried to make an IP Oatmeal clone using this and ground up oatmeal?

Any other suggestions on how to use this mix? I tried the "French Bread" and it was terrible! So dry.

Thanks for the ideas!
I have not tried to create a protein oatmeal - interesting idea, but I would be concerned about overdoing the carbs in the oatmeal.... maybe you could back into it.... the unrestricted Proti Diet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal has 90 calories - take the calorie count for a scoop of your Quest mix and subtract that from 90 (or whatever end calorie count you are looking for) and then add just enough oatmeal to reach that calorie limit. Get your flavorings from the 0/0/0 syrups like SF Torani, Walden Farms or whatever....

Please share whatever you figure out....

I use the Multi Purpose mix with a packet of flavored drink mix or pudding mix - I just posted about this - to make muffins. I had a box of IP Peach Mango drink mix that I did not like as a drink, so I used one of those packets with 3 scoops of Multi Purpose to quadruple the usual packet muffin recipe - 3/4 cup liquid egg white flavored with vanilla extract and a touch of liquid stevia, 2 tsp baking powder (total for the 4x recipe), about a tsp of cinnamon... mix it up and add some water to make it muffin batter consistency and bake twelve muffins for 15 mins at 350 degrees. Each serving is 3 muffins in the regular size - if you did mini muffins you would just divide the total by 4, of course, and I think cut the baking time.
I like these a lot - I plan to have them for breakfast or lunch every day. Once made they are great 'grab and go' items, and for a real treat, I give them 30 seconds in microwave and have them with some WF maple syrup as a dip....

What I also really like to do is to add shredded zuke or cauli rice to the muffin batter - it gives the muffins more bulk and its and easy way to sneak in some veggies -- I would use about a cup of either for the quadruple recipe.

I did the same thing with an IP Wildberry Yogurt drink mix together with the multi purpose protein by Quest -- very yummy results with that flavor too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Quest-IP packet muffins.jpg (36.3 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-15-2016 at 06:54 PM.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:58 PM   #189  

Thanks Oneuh2 - great ideas. I will experiment with the oatmeal thing and post the results.
mjflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I have not tried to create a protein oatmeal - interesting idea, but I would be concerned about overdoing the carbs in the oatmeal.... maybe you could back into it.... the unrestricted Proti Diet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal has 90 calories - take the calorie count for a scoop of your Quest mix and subtract that from 90 (or whatever end calorie count you are looking for) and then add just enough oatmeal to reach that calorie limit. Get your flavorings from the 0/0/0 syrups like SF Torani, Walden Farms or whatever....

Please share whatever you figure out....

I use the Multi Purpose mix with a packet of flavored drink mix or pudding mix - I just posted about this - to make muffins. I had a box of IP Peach Mango drink mix that I did not like as a drink, so I used one of those packets with 3 scoops of Multi Purpose to quadruple the usual packet muffin recipe - 3/4 cup liquid egg white flavored with vanilla extract and a touch of liquid stevia, 2 tsp baking powder (total for the 4x recipe), about a tsp of cinnamon... mix it up and add some water to make it muffin batter consistency and bake twelve muffins for 15 mins at 350 degrees. Each serving is 3 muffins in the regular size - if you did mini muffins you would just divide the total by 4, of course, and I think cut the baking time.
I like these a lot - I plan to have them for breakfast or lunch every day. Once made they are great 'grab and go' items, and for a real treat, I give them 30 seconds in microwave and have them with some WF maple syrup as a dip....

What I also really like to do is to add shredded zuke or cauli rice to the muffin batter - it gives the muffins more bulk and its and easy way to sneak in some veggies -- I would use about a cup of either for the quadruple recipe.

I did the same thing with an IP Wildberry Yogurt drink mix together with the multi purpose protein by Quest -- very yummy results with that flavor too.
I love this idea with the drink mixes! Thanks for sharing!
Daisy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #191  

I am so glad I read this thread and discovered quest powder!! I got the peanut butter and am addicted to making the pancakes with some cinnamon thrown in! So good! We just bought the isoflex chocolate/ chocolate chip powder today and can't wait to have that as a pancake tonight! What other ingredient ideas can I throw in there and stay OP?
Old 01-17-2016, 06:35 PM   #192  

Question: I have not found the salted caramel quest powder some of you speak of at gnc. One guy told me it's probably only in the USA. Have any Canadians purchased this in Canada?
Old 01-17-2016, 08:02 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Question: I have not found the salted caramel quest powder some of you speak of at gnc. One guy told me it's probably only in the USA. Have any Canadians purchased this in Canada?
I ordered the Quest salted caramel protein powder from low carb grocery. If you spend $100.00 they ship for free.
AllMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMe View Post
I ordered the Quest salted caramel protein powder from low carb grocery. If you spend $100.00 they ship for free.
Ok thank you very much.

I just discovered sadly, that the isoflex powder made horrible pancakes. Omg, will stick to quest for that.

Guess I will have the ISO for shakes only unless someone has experience with this product?
Old 01-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
yes, there are a couple of other flavors. I am going to order the peanut butter and I'll let you know how they are!
So I finally got my shipment of the No Cow Bar and whoa. They are SO good.

I ordered the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, but I actually got Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. Strange, but that's ok because I like that flavor too. They are about the same size as a Quest bar, which is a good size bar. It has been years and years since I had an "old" formula Quest Bar, so I don't have a reference to compare them.

But, the No Cow is soft and chewy. There were tiny bits of chocolate chips in it and was a nice compliment to the PB. They were a little gritty, but I think that is to be expected from a more health bar than a candy bar disguised as a health bar. I found it to be very flavorful and satisfying.

They also make a mint chocolate bar, which I will try next. I would recommend these bars as I really liked them.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/no-co...=#.Vp-irE0e3ct
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote