Old 11-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Are these from Janeva's book? I just ordered it

I've been using Ro's recipe for cookies and I have been addicted to the PB cookies. They are my favorite and runner up is Salted Caramel.

Last edited by jennydoodle; 11-17-2015 at 02:51 PM.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:32 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Yes, they are. The cookie I made this morning,m with the Quest Peanut Butter, I baked at 350 for 7 minutes. Also, when it tells you (like the maple oatmeal cookies) to spray the back of a spoon with non stick and push down, I find that using my finger works better.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:04 PM   #78  

I just ordered a bunch of flavored extracts from Amazon to shake things up (using the multi-purpose powder). I am excited! I am dreaming of the different flavored cookies, pancakes and muffins I will make

The brand is called Batko and they have some amazing flavors. They have it where you can buy individual or you can order a "6 pack" and mix and match any of their flavors. They have a VERY wide selection. Some of the flavors that stood out to me are: butter pecan, pumpkin spice, yellow cake, apple, mango, pineapple, hazelnut, key lime, butterscotch, coffee, blueberry, rum, carrot cake. The list goes on and on.

I was looking through Ro's recipe book and her pancake and muffin recipe gave me the idea to look for extracts for flavoring. I was so excited when I came across this company. They are a little pricey, but if they keep things interesting on P1, then they are worth it
Old 11-17-2015, 07:40 PM   #79  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Jenny, OMG are you in for a treat!!!!. Frawniemae gave me the idea to order the extracts from OliveNation. And, then Janeva's book came yesterday that inspired me to go out and get a waffle maker today. I had breakfast for dinner tonight. I had scrambled eggs (not exciting...just wanted to use up my last 2 eggs) with a waffle. OMG!!!!! The waffle was incredible.

I used Janeva's recipe ideas and tweaked them...1 scoop Quest Multiple Purpose powder, 1 egg white, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 T water. I made that in the waffle maker and then used her recipe for Peanut Butter maple syrup which is 2 tsp WF peanut butter with 2 T WF maple syrup with 1/4 t vanilla extract. Microwave for 15 seconds and stir and pour over waffle. Just awesome flavor. I had that peanut butter sitting in my fridge forever not knowing what to do with it and OMG, I now know!!!!

I have never used a waffle maker before. I bought one today and got it right on the first try. This was so much easier and better than trying to make pancakes. The pancakes I have made before were so dull.

I was just telling my sister-in-law that I can mix and match all kinds of flavors. I could make waffle with peanut butter powder with same topping as above or chocolate powder or peanut butter powder with WF chocolate with peanut butter/maple syrup. Also, I could use either the multi or vanilla powder with blueberry extract with blueberry syrup. I can't wait to try all these!!!

I also saw there is a recipe for Crockpot French Dip Au Jus. I am definitely going to make that this weekend and she gives the recipe for the roll to put it on.

I got so many ideas...I am so happy I found out about this book along with my other finds last week.

Btw, I made the waffle on the medium setting. For bread, I will make it on a higher setting to set it crispier.

And, best part of all is that I made my zucchini apples tonight but they were still cooking and now they are done so I have that treat awaiting for me

Let's compare flavor ideas as we make them!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #80  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Have any of you made bread recipes with IP potato purée as well as with alternatives such as Quest multi-purpose? I see many of Janeva's bread recipes uses the IP packet so I am wondering if I should get that or if Quest is just as good. I would think I am ok with Quest but wondering if you have actually experienced both.

Last edited by Ro22; 11-18-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #81  

Ro- I am so excited to receive both the cookbook and my extracts! I made your pancakes last night with vanilla extract and cinnamon, which were really good! I am going to give the waffles a try, since we do have a waffle maker.

The tweaks I made with your roll recipe (adding onion and garlic powder) have made the world of difference! I made BBQ pulled chicken and have been having it on a roll. I am so addicted!

I am very excited to try these new things! I am so much more adventurous this time around. The first time on IP I pretty much stuck to the same foods and packets the entire time.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #82  

Has anyone tried the Vegetarian Joe from Proti diet? I brought that for lunch today with 2 cups of zoodles. I figure that it probably should be counted as a restricted, though it's only 90 calories, the net carb count is 9. I used the Syntrax Nectar Double Stuff Cookie as my snack for today in cookie form- it came out more like the layer of a cake- I hope that it tastes as good as the batter did when I licked the spoon-
I didn't bother to order from Olive Nation- honestly- the website frustrated the bejesus out of me, as I wanted to look things up, and look at different products-it was painfully slllooooowww...- I have no patience- probably why IP is such a great diet for me...Jenny was there a specific company on Amazon that you used?
Old 11-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #83  

Just an FYI. Free shipping at Nashua today with code TODAY49.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:24 AM   #84  

Oh, I'm pretty sure this isn't P1 compliant- it's really good!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Jenny was there a specific company on Amazon that you used?
Yes, the company is Bakto. They have tons of flavors and if you buy 6, you can mix and match whatever flavors you want. Also, I ordered and received confirmation that they shipped in the same day.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #86  

Awesome- I'll have to check it out!!Thanks ☺
Old 11-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Have any of you made bread recipes with IP potato purée as well as with alternatives such as Quest multi-purpose? I see many of Janeva's bread recipes uses the IP packet so I am wondering if I should get that or if Quest is just as good. I would think I am ok with Quest but wondering if you have actually experienced both.
I have been using 4 pancake packets to 1 IP potato packet as my bread mix for more than a year. I started with just straight potato but found the herb flavor too strong. The texture of my mix is very good when cooked as English muffins on the stove in egg rings.

I bought the Quest multi purpose about 2 months ago and have been experimenting with it. The texture for English muffins is pretty much the same as the potato/pancake mix I was using before. It isn't better or worse, just a bit different. Quest bakes into a better loaf in the oven though. The top is far less papery.

I won't be seeking out more IP potato when I finish what I have. I am fully satisfied with the texture of the Quest option. I do miss some of the flavor and plan to experiment with herbs to get that back though.
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:14 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Nashua = FREE SHIPPING

TODAY49
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #89  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I have been using 4 pancake packets to 1 IP potato packet as my bread mix for more than a year. I started with just straight potato but found the herb flavor too strong. The texture of my mix is very good when cooked as English muffins on the stove in egg rings.

I bought the Quest multi purpose about 2 months ago and have been experimenting with it. The texture for English muffins is pretty much the same as the potato/pancake mix I was using before. It isn't better or worse, just a bit different. Quest bakes into a better loaf in the oven though. The top is far less papery.

I won't be seeking out more IP potato when I finish what I have. I am fully satisfied with the texture of the Quest option. I do miss some of the flavor and plan to experiment with herbs to get that back though.
Thanks, Wahoo. That is helpful.
Congrats on the 3 digit loss - incredible!
Old 11-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #90  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Ro- I am so excited to receive both the cookbook and my extracts! I made your pancakes last night with vanilla extract and cinnamon, which were really good! I am going to give the waffles a try, since we do have a waffle maker.

The tweaks I made with your roll recipe (adding onion and garlic powder) have made the world of difference! I made BBQ pulled chicken and have been having it on a roll. I am so addicted!

I am very excited to try these new things! I am so much more adventurous this time around. The first time on IP I pretty much stuck to the same foods and packets the entire time.
Thanks, Jenny. I never seasoned it as I most often used it for eggs. I guess I could have for my hamburger bun but between the turkey seasonings and WF thousand island, it didn't need it but for these new recipes, I think it does so good to have that seasoning knowledge.