S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Free shipping today ( Jan20 ) at Nashua over $49

Code TODAY49
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Thanks for this. Will have to give them a try. So do love my Quest Bars but they just don't taste the same.
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:00 PM   #198  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Free shipping today ( Jan20 ) at Nashua over $49 Code TODAY49
Thanks for this code.

Also - this week Health Smart products are 10% off at Nashua. I really like the cream of tomato soup, the coconut chocolate bars (they're crunchy!) and the bbq protein chips. The code is HEALTHSMART.

I'm finding that when I buy items from Nashua during their sales + my Lifetime Diet membership the price is very reasonable. I just stock up on the sale items.

I usually buy the Proti-Thin Chocolate Anytime Drinks (exactly the same as IP RTD chocolate drinks) and the PRoti-Thin cream of broccoli and cream of chicken. The soups are ok, not great, but with seasoning and added veggies they are just fine. Also the Chocolate Soy Snacks are exactly the same as IP Chocolate Soy snacks. They're like malted milk balls, but not as sweet. They work for a snack in the movies!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #199  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
So I finally got my shipment of the No Cow Bar and whoa. They are SO good.

I ordered the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, but I actually got Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. Strange, but that's ok because I like that flavor too. They are about the same size as a Quest bar, which is a good size bar. It has been years and years since I had an "old" formula Quest Bar, so I don't have a reference to compare them.

But, the No Cow is soft and chewy. There were tiny bits of chocolate chips in it and was a nice compliment to the PB. They were a little gritty, but I think that is to be expected from a more health bar than a candy bar disguised as a health bar. I found it to be very flavorful and satisfying.

They also make a mint chocolate bar, which I will try next. I would recommend these bars as I really liked them.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/no-co...=#.Vp-irE0e3ct
Thanks for this review, jennydoodle!.. I'm eager to try them... I ordered the Mint Cocao & the Blueberry Cobbler... both sound so yummy...

Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

its too bad shipping is so expensive coming in to Canada from USA
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #201  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Thanks for this code.

Also - this week Health Smart products are 10% off at Nashua. I really like the cream of tomato soup, the coconut chocolate bars (they're crunchy!) and the bbq protein chips. The code is HEALTHSMART.

I'm finding that when I buy items from Nashua during their sales + my Lifetime Diet membership the price is very reasonable. I just stock up on the sale items.

I usually buy the Proti-Thin Chocolate Anytime Drinks (exactly the same as IP RTD chocolate drinks) and the PRoti-Thin cream of broccoli and cream of chicken. The soups are ok, not great, but with seasoning and added veggies they are just fine. Also the Chocolate Soy Snacks are exactly the same as IP Chocolate Soy snacks. They're like malted milk balls, but not as sweet. They work for a snack in the movies!
Thanks so much for this! I am starting brand-new on Sunday and putting together an order right now.
Scorpio123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #202  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Default Delicious cold weather drink

I heat up the alternative ready-to-drinks a lot, mainly chocolate.

Last night I wanted something different, so I made Syntrax Nectar Apple Ecstasy flavor, heated it for 1 minute until it was steamy but not scalding, and added a sprinkle of cinnamon.

SO GOOD

If you try this though, be warned, it is a super-weird color. Very green like a shamrock shake. But tastes a lot like cider.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:46 AM   #203  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
So I finally got my shipment of the No Cow Bar and whoa. They are SO good.

I ordered the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, but I actually got Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. Strange, but that's ok because I like that flavor too. They are about the same size as a Quest bar, which is a good size bar. It has been years and years since I had an "old" formula Quest Bar, so I don't have a reference to compare them.

But, the No Cow is soft and chewy. There were tiny bits of chocolate chips in it and was a nice compliment to the PB. They were a little gritty, but I think that is to be expected from a more health bar than a candy bar disguised as a health bar. I found it to be very flavorful and satisfying.

They also make a mint chocolate bar, which I will try next. I would recommend these bars as I really liked them.
YES I love these! I didn't post about them earlier as I thought they might be too chalky for most people's tastes ... as are veggie protein powders in general. I am ok with that, as like you said, it's not supposed to be a candy bar. The reviews on Amazon are funny though, a lot of people hate them. But I think they are a great option.

I found them at Bed Bath and Beyond too. Use the 20% off coupon
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:52 AM   #204  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Protein bars at BB&B?! I've never seen them there! Thanks for the tip; I'll look for them the next time I'm shopping there.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:30 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Who would have thought protein bars at BB&B!

I also thought I would share that I have been mixing cinnamon into the vanilla Quest and making the cookies, and it is so good. A nice change of pace from just plain vanilla.

Also, has anyone tried to make a Quest shake as a warm drink? I know the IP chocolate powder can be made hot or cold, and with this colder weather, some "hot chocolate" would be pretty nice.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:32 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
The reviews on Amazon are funny though, a lot of people hate them. But I think they are a great option.
I saw that too, but I looked specifically for reviews of people who were interested in the bar as a healthy snack alternative. I think most of the people who wrote the negative reviews do not understand the difference between a healthy protein bar and a glorified candy bar.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:37 PM   #207  

Good morning to you all! I threw this question out to one member that has had great success with the protocol, but I dont think she is online yet, so will toss it out here.
For the last 4-5 days I've been stuck at 183.5/183.3/183.7/183.3.
It's getting frustrating. I think I'm due for a drop soon. Here is what I ate yesterday. Am I doing something wrong?

Quest pancake for breakfast
Subway salad and quest bar lunch
3 scallops and mussels for dinner
Quest pancake for snack

???

When I log this it shows 1029 cal.

Your advice would be appreciated!!
Thank you so much

Last edited by LOSINGFORGOOD2010; 01-23-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #208  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning to you all! I threw this question out to one member that has had great success with the protocol, but I dont think she is online yet, so will toss it out here.
For the last 4-5 days I've been stuck at 183.5/183.3/183.7/183.3.
It's getting frustrating. I think I'm due for a drop soon. Here is what I ate yesterday. Am I doing something wrong?

Quest pancake for breakfast
Subway salad and quest bar lunch
3 scallops and mussels for dinner
Quest pancake for snack

???

When I log this it shows 1029 cal.

Your advice would be appreciated!!
Thank you so much
Don't panic! happens to me all the time, several days of nothing, then...something!
Could be lots of things. Basics first - are you getting in all your water, oil, salt? I didn't see veggies other than the salad??
Maybe this is the week you're losing inches instead of lbs.
Over 1000 cal is a bit high, but I've done this occasionally, as long as it's not a bunch of days in a row, no prob.
I don't know if this applies, but I have found that when my meals are heavier on baked goods I lose less, better with the shakes and drinks, but that could be just me.
Don't think this is a stall, you need to not lose for several weeks for that. A few days is nothing to worry over. Stay off the scale for a few days if this is stressing you out.
You know this diet works, take a deep breath and give it time
Old 01-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #209  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Don't panic! happens to me all the time, several days of nothing, then...something!
Could be lots of things. Basics first - are you getting in all your water, oil, salt? I didn't see veggies other than the salad??
Maybe this is the week you're losing inches instead of lbs.
Over 1000 cal is a bit high, but I've done this occasionally, as long as it's not a bunch of days in a row, no prob.
I don't know if this applies, but I have found that when my meals are heavier on baked goods I lose less, better with the shakes and drinks, but that could be just me.
Don't think this is a stall, you need to not lose for several weeks for that. A few days is nothing to worry over. Stay off the scale for a few days if this is stressing you out.
You know this diet works, take a deep breath and give it time
yes you are right! thanks... i am going to be more strict on the water for sure... and that day there was no extra veg other than the salad that time.

but I just read a recipe for quest and spinach smoothie. will give that a try and take in more veg.

do you guys use 8 oz water for smoothies with one scoop powder?

tks so much
Old 01-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #210  

I use 1 scoop quest, 1 or 2 cups spinach, 1 to 2 cups water and 1 cup ice. Less water makes it more liquid, 1 cup water is pretty thick. And the ice really helps to thicken it up too. Had some this morning YUM!