Old 01-05-2016, 09:35 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I have found that ice cold water works better with the protein powder than just regular temperature. What I do is throw a few ice cubes in my shaker with water and just shake it up a bit and then measure out 2 oz.

I use a mini baking spoon spatula for mixing.

The PB cookies are my favorite! I eat these at least once a day
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:49 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyG View Post
So any idea what that would be if you bought in small pkgs that doesn't come with scoop. I think that is probably what he would do. We see that at one of the local grocery stores as he has mentioned it thinking about getting close to his goal. Maybe how many grams so that we can compare amount in the single pkgs. Thanks for the help.
One small packet is one serving, same as 1 scoop. Equivalent to one IP packet.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Just would like to check with those who know.
I have been using the premier protein drink from Costco. Calories 160
Fat 3 g Carbs 5 Fibre 3 and protein 30. Are they okay. Someone mentioned it had too much protein but does that matter?
Also using Vega Protein and Greens from Costco. Calories 110 Fat less than .5
carbs 1 Sugar 2 Protein 20. Have not seen anyone mention this one . Is it okay?

Thanks in advance
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #139  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo View Post
Just would like to check with those who know.
I have been using the premier protein drink from Costco. Calories 160
Fat 3 g Carbs 5 Fibre 3 and protein 30. Are they okay. Someone mentioned it had too much protein but does that matter?
Also using Vega Protein and Greens from Costco. Calories 110 Fat less than .5
carbs 1 Sugar 2 Protein 20. Have not seen anyone mention this one . Is it okay?

Thanks in advance
The Vega is fine.

The PP is too high in protein; your body can only process a max of about 23 g at one meal. To make it fit protocol, you'd have to drink about 3/4 of it. Better to choose another RTD shake.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Jennydoodle. I had the cookies cold today and I thought thye were good....funny...when I tasted them hot I just felt the taste was weird....but I always told my kids to try something.a few time before deciding if they liked it or not so I will follow my own info and make them again.

i love the shake....thninking of getting strawberry. The guy at GNC told me that Of ever I buy and tub of powder and dont like it that I could return it....wow..if I only knew this before I would not have waited so long to buy PB.

Another product I love is the Smaps cereal. They are really crunchy and I love this. I add a little RTD vanilla and yum..I eat it with a baby spoon to make it last.

Largo...how do you find the taste of the Vega?
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:28 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 163/135/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 53 yrs old

Loser13, I did a lot of my weight loss using Vega and still use it on occasion these days. My favorite was the Tropical fruit flavour since it is easy to get berry & chocolate in many other protein mixes. It is good with cold water but is not creamy since it is not whey based. The type of protein makes it a bit more gritty than some others (again whey based) but I didn't mind.
It's gluten free which was vital for me and low in fat with just enough protein.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:41 PM   #142  

Thanks canadjineh....i know i've said this before but I just love your picture...I want to sit beside you on that bench...
Old 01-06-2016, 09:12 AM   #143  

Hello ladies.

What do you ladies use as restricted?

I used to get soup and oatmeal at Walmart ProtiLife but it is no longer available...I have some Simply Bar...but it is really not my fave...prefer Quest...but it is trigger for me.

I live in Ontario so many products not available. I have tried to find Ptrotithin but have had no sucess...even on thelowcarbgrocer site. i do not wanrt to order from US...exchange is horrible and then adding shipping is just too much for me.

I have never had IP products...apparently a pharmacy near me has the products and you can purchase some after you have an interview from pharmacist.

I have not been taking a restricted...maybe this is slowing weight loss? Do you ladies take one every day?
Old 01-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Jennydoodle. I had the cookies cold today and I thought thye were good....funny...when I tasted them hot I just felt the taste was weird....but I always told my kids to try something.a few time before deciding if they liked it or not so I will follow my own info and make them again.

i love the shake....thninking of getting strawberry. The guy at GNC told me that Of ever I buy and tub of powder and dont like it that I could return it....wow..if I only knew this before I would not have waited so long to buy PB.

Another product I love is the Smaps cereal. They are really crunchy and I love this. I add a little RTD vanilla and yum..I eat it with a baby spoon to make it last.

Largo...how do you find the taste of the Vega?
I've had both the strawberry & crème and the banana & crème and I enjoyed both. I actually found them refreshing for my post workout shake. I think you will enjoy the strawberry. It is a nice change of pace.

Here is a little something I learned along the way here on IP, is that your taste buds will change. In the beginning, it is like "oh, ok, that wasn't too bad. I could manage to eat that again" and then after a little while you're all like "oh, yum! this is so good" until you finally hit the point where you are like "OMG, I can't wait to eat that again for dinner!"

The longer I am on this program, the more and more I grow to like the food. I did that exact scenario with the Quest chips. Now I look forward to them every single day.

Oh, one other thing, the Quest Vanilla makes really good cookies too. I don't like vanilla shakes, but I make them into cookies (or pancakes- same recipe as cookies, just a little more water) and I love them. I think they taste like chewy 'Nilla Wafers.

I lied- ONE more thing, the chocolate mixed with a couple of drops of peppermint extract are good as both cookies and a shake

Last edited by jennydoodle; 01-06-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #145  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Loser, I copied this from a file in the IP Alternatives group on Facebook:

WHERE TO BUY PRODUCTS – CANADIAN Friends
NOT ALL PRODUCTS WITHIN ANY ONE BRAND FIT AS AN ALTERNATIVE – READ EACH LABEL!

Proti Diet: This is a great source for Proti Diet products in Canada. It is quick and cost effective and tons of variety. It is run by Dawn, a former IP coach who's very helpful. https://www.facebook.com/idealprotei...c_location=ufi

Nourish Studios: http://www.nourishstudios.com/

Simply Protein: www.simplyprotein.ca Great chips and bars. Also many grocery stores sell Simply Protein
products.

Low Carb Grocery: You will have to sift through products and read all nutrition labels carefully to see how
they compare to the guidelines! http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/ Low Carb Canada: www.lowcarbcanada.ca

VitaCost: A US site, but $9.99 flat rate shipping to Canada. (HOWEVER, there may be taxes on imported goods.) www.vitacost.com

_ _ _ _ _

When I was on P1, I did a restricted almost every day. I needed something sweet in the evenings. I like the ProtiDiet peanut surprise bar; GNC lean bars; ProtiThin soy snacks (peanut & caramel, or chocolate).

Last edited by HereIStand; 01-06-2016 at 01:07 PM.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #146  

[QUOTE=jennydoodle;5227573]I've had both the strawberry & crème and the banana & crème and I enjoyed both. I actually found them refreshing for my post workout shake. I think you will enjoy the strawberry. It is a nice change of pace.

Here is a little something I learned along the way here on IP, is that your taste buds will change. In the beginning, it is like "oh, ok, that wasn't too bad. I could manage to eat that again" and then after a little while you're all like "oh, yum! this is so good" until you finally hit the point where you are like "OMG, I can't wait to eat that again for dinner!"

The longer I am on this program, the more and more I grow to like the food. I did that exact scenario with the Quest chips. Now I look forward to them every single day.

Oh, one other thing, the Quest Vanilla makes really good cookies too. I don't like vanilla shakes, but I make them into cookies (or pancakes- same recipe as cookies, just a little more water) and I love them. I think they taste like chewy 'Nilla Wafers.

I lied- ONE more thing, the chocolate mixed with a couple of drops of peppermint extract are good as both cookies and a shake [/QUOTE

Thanks ...think I will purchase the strawberry...I really love the PB...this morning I kept the ice cubes and blended with my hand blender (ok dont know the name of this...little mixer at the end of the handle) ...it was great and cold. When I had blended it in my nutribullet it got warm but with the wand it was thick and cold ice...YUM

I need to experiment more. I have been having salads all the time. Tried to purchase the cookbook you were talking about, Janeva, and I could not find it on any sites that would ship internationaly. Thanks to those whose have it and post recipes I have now had a few different things.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:21 PM   #147  

Thanks hereIstand. Very greatful for this.

I knew about Simply but the bars are just not as good as Quest...tried the chips but they are expensive...4$ .

I did not join the facebook group...i dont want people to know I follow diet...dont need all the negatvie comment....so thanks for this.

I think I will have a restricted a day but have it for lunch...might also add my 8 ounces of meat at lunch since I am on the go all afternoon and usually dont have super till 7 pm. I have a box of. Simplybars that i bought at costco for a good price...i just didnt think they were worth the carbs....lol.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:29 PM   #148  

Jennydoodle. Just wondering why you would drink a shake after your workout and not your restricted. Is it the fact og getting some protein in and the carbs dont matter.

I am on day 11 and will go back to exercice. I love Jillian videos, kickboxing, running...in the summer I kayak and do standup paddle on top of this.

Argh...just writting makes me mad....i cant believe I was so i shape at 127.6 and I let myslef reach almost 180....i was 250 ten years ago and worked my a.. Off to get to 150 where i have been for over 6 years...and last fall I did IP and was at my lightest EvER...ok venting done...the past is behind me...sorry i know this is alternate page but had to let it out...

Thanks again.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:06 PM   #149  

[QUOTE=Loser13;5227506]I live in Ontario so many products not available. I have tried to find Ptrotithin but have had no sucess...even on thelowcarbgrocer site. i do not wanrt to order from US...exchange is horrible and then adding shipping is just too much for me.

QUOTE]

I am not sure where in Ontario you are but if you live near Port Dover Nourish Studios sells the ProtiDiet packages. She will even deliver in Canada for a very reaonable fee.
ChickInAHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:01 PM   #150  

Loser- right now I am not eating a restricted item because I can't find one that I like, otherwise, I would eat it post workout.