Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2016, 12:22 PM   #241  
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 699

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default

has anyone tried the QUEST chocolate Peanut butter bar? OMG died and went to heaven...... eating it as SLOWLY as humanly possible LOL
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:19 PM   #242  
Senior Member
 
Destony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 513

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
has anyone tried the QUEST chocolate Peanut butter bar? OMG died and went to heaven...... eating it as SLOWLY as humanly possible LOL
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are in P1,2 or 3 I don't think they are compliant....
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #243  
Senior Member
 
blueskiesahead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 381

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
has anyone tried the QUEST chocolate Peanut butter bar? OMG died and went to heaven...... eating it as SLOWLY as humanly possible LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are in P1,2 or 3 I don't think they are compliant....

Us lucky Canadians are still able to get a lot of the old-formula Quest bars at GNC
A few have changes to the new formula, not sure about the peanut butter bar, but check the ingredients for soluble corn fiber - if it has that, it's the new formula and not OP
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #244  
Senior Member
 
Destony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 513

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post

Us lucky Canadians are still able to get a lot of the old-formula Quest bars at GNC
A few have changes to the new formula, not sure about the peanut butter bar, but check the ingredients for soluble corn fiber - if it has that, it's the new formula and not OP
OH, you LUCKY DUCKS!!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #245  
Senior Member
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoFla
Posts: 1,366

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Default

My Quest Cookies and Cream arrived today! Cookies for dinner and I will give you the low down.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 04:40 PM   #246  
Senior Member
 
mamacitaof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 348

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
My Quest Cookies and Cream arrived today! Cookies for dinner and I will give you the low down.
I'm curious to know your thoughts. IMO, I feel like the flavor isn't as strong as the Salted Caramel and Peanut Butter. I'll continue to use it, but find it lacking in flavor.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #247  
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 699

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post

Us lucky Canadians are still able to get a lot of the old-formula Quest bars at GNC
A few have changes to the new formula, not sure about the peanut butter bar, but check the ingredients for soluble corn fiber - if it has that, it's the new formula and not OP
No corn anything in there ! so good
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #248  
Member
 
ladyejan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 49

S/C/G: 167.5/163.1/120

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quick question -

Have any of you had good luck making IP recipes with alternatives? I keep running across things on the net I'd like to try - but don't want to buy extra IP packages just to experiment.

Thanks for any info!
ladyejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #249  
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 699

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
My No-Cow protein bars arrived today!.. I was so excited to finally get to try them... as I mentioned in a previous post, I ordered the Mint Cocao Chip & the Blueberry Cobbler... both are waaaaaaaayyyyyy yummy!!!.. I was a little hesitant to spend that much on them, but they're a good size & worth that little over $2 each, I think... I'd pay as much at the health food store for something neither quite as tasty nor nearly as on-protocol... thanks, jennydoodle, for suggesting them...

where did you order those from ?
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #250  
Senior Member
 
Aunt Sheshie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: High Desert of West Texas
Posts: 841

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
where did you order those from ?
The Vitamin Shoppe...

Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:58 AM   #251  
Senior Member
 
Aunt Sheshie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: High Desert of West Texas
Posts: 841

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyejan View Post
Quick question -

Have any of you had good luck making IP recipes with alternatives? I keep running across things on the net I'd like to try - but don't want to buy extra IP packages just to experiment.

Thanks for any info!
Try this IP thread... Fun with Ideal Protein Packets

Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #252  
Senior Member
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoFla
Posts: 1,366

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
I'm curious to know your thoughts. IMO, I feel like the flavor isn't as strong as the Salted Caramel and Peanut Butter. I'll continue to use it, but find it lacking in flavor.
The jury is still out on this. I think I had pumped this up so much in my mind that the actual result was a letdown. I made it into cookies, and the batter was so thin- not like PB or Choc. I did like the "cookie bits", but it wasn't as great as I was expecting.

I suspect that I will need to eat it a few more times to form a true opinion. I might try to make them again with less water, but you are right, the flavor is not very "strong".
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:30 PM   #253  
Senior Member
 
LOSINGFORGOOD2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Canada
Posts: 699

S/C/G: 220 / 163/ 135 see ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Default

mmmm I just mixed Quest 1/2 pbutter 1/2 chocolate added some cinnamon and made delicious pancakes...SO GOOD
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:02 PM   #254  
Senior Member
 
mamacitaof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 348

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
The jury is still out on this. I think I had pumped this up so much in my mind that the actual result was a letdown. I made it into cookies, and the batter was so thin- not like PB or Choc. I did like the "cookie bits", but it wasn't as great as I was expecting.

I suspect that I will need to eat it a few more times to form a true opinion. I might try to make them again with less water, but you are right, the flavor is not very "strong".
I don't have any emulsions, but maybe there's a good emulsion or extract that could be added for a little flavor?
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:37 PM   #255  
Member
 
ladyejan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 49

S/C/G: 167.5/163.1/120

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Try this IP thread... Fun with Ideal Protein Packets

Thanks - this has a lot of recipes for IP packets - but I'm wondering if anyone has made any of those with non-IP ingredients.

And if so - how did they turn out?
ladyejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.