Old 11-16-2015, 02:34 PM   #391  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Awesome Sandra! As you know, the first few days are the hardest and now you have the 1st day under your belt! Keep your eye on the prize! On day at a time, 1 meal at a time.

Also, I believe that I remember from when I did IP with a coach that they told me that in the first week, it is ok to have an extra, non-restricted packet each day if you are really hungry. Or some egg whites and extra non-restricted veggies.
Hey Jenny

I remember you from my first round of IP Glad to see you're still here, it's nice to see familiar faces.

Yes, I am really super focused to get the first week being 100% OP behind me, it is hard but I believe it is less hard than being disgusted by the way I look, it is way less hard than asking my friends not to dare to post any picture of me on Facebook because I look too fat! So, I know it's hard, but living with those extra pounds (and I have a lot of them) isn't easy at all, it's a daily struggle so let it be a struggle towards a positive outcome.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Yup, I am back too! Hopefully for the last time
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #393  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'4"

Well I'm back. In 2014 I got down to 135lbs, then didn't go into Maintenance with a Coach. Quickly put on 5lbs, and slowly put on another 12 over this past year. So today I'm in day 2 of my P1 reboot. After re-reading the Phase 1 sheet again, I noticed that the previous time I did a restricted every day, this time I'm going to go without the restricted for a few weeks and see how I do. Good luck to all of you going into the holidays. I'm going to try to be 100% for Thanksgiving, but I know Christmas is going to be a cheat day. But, I own it, and will live with the ramifications. Every day is a new day to be perfect. LOL.
Stanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanski View Post
Well I'm back. In 2014 I got down to 135lbs, then didn't go into Maintenance with a Coach. Quickly put on 5lbs, and slowly put on another 12 over this past year. So today I'm in day 2 of my P1 reboot. After re-reading the Phase 1 sheet again, I noticed that the previous time I did a restricted every day, this time I'm going to go without the restricted for a few weeks and see how I do. Good luck to all of you going into the holidays. I'm going to try to be 100% for Thanksgiving, but I know Christmas is going to be a cheat day. But, I own it, and will live with the ramifications. Every day is a new day to be perfect. LOL.
Glad you caught it so soon! Week 1 P3 here - did IP on my own / alternates over the last 9 months. Hope the WL goes fast and easy for you!

BTW - Bill The Cat RULES!!!!!!!!
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #395  

I was at Meijer today and saw that they are carrying the quest chips, so on Jennydoodle's recommendation I had to give them a try. I like that they are not restricted, but I'm not sure I'm a fan. Had kind of a chemically after taste to me. This was the first quest product I've tried, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I bought four bags, so I will keep the other ones for days when I am on the go.

Hope everyone's day is going well!
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:39 PM   #396  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
I was at Meijer today and saw that they are carrying the quest chips, so on Jennydoodle's recommendation I had to give them a try. I like that they are not restricted, but I'm not sure I'm a fan. Had kind of a chemically after taste to me. This was the first quest product I've tried, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I bought four bags, so I will keep the other ones for days when I am on the go.

It's funny--I totally remember feeling the same way. I guess my taste buds have adjusted (on this and so many other items!) because I look forward to the quest chips now. I go to GNC and buy the full boxes. Haha. Favorites are the salt and vinegary, but I also love the plain ones that I can dip into IP-friendly salsa. It's good "game day" food, when everyone around me is chowing down on snacks I can fit in and stay OP.
IdealAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:01 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

After a few fails at rebooting, I bit the bullet and signed up with a clinic for my first time! I guess I need to have skin in the game to keep myself accountable.

After having this board for support, the in-person counselors seem very ill informed, but I can see their good intentions and they will keep me accountable for weigh-ins and I am using actual IP products this time. So I am kind-of rebooting in reverse.

I hope to see my lowest number (193) soon and hopefully on to the goal of 175.
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:26 PM   #398  
JenJenGetsFit

S/C/G: 184/176/125

Height: 5'2

Hi All! Jennydoodle recommended me to this group from another thread. I'm excited to start my reboot as soon as I get my food!

A little bit about me, I did Ideal Protein about 3 years ago and went from a size 14 to a size 2 in about six months. The problem was that I did not follow protocol, felt I could "do it on my own" and starting binge eating, leading to me gaining almost all my weight back . Now I have the same amount of weight to loose until goal, but from working out I have more muscle so not as many dress sizes to loose.

I'm doing this on my own until Jan 1st (I have a couple of holiday parties where I will be having some planned "treats") and then my mom and I will be joining our local clinic together (we both lost 60 pounds together last time and I know we can do it again!). I can't wait to get started! As sad as I am about having gained all this weight back, I KNOW this program works, I know what I did wrong last time to fix, and I KNOW that I can be fit again! I'm determined!

If anyone has any tips for alternative products and new recipes, I'd love to hear them! I definitely think last time I got too boring with my food and this time I'm going to spice it up!

I hope everyone has a great day and are rocking their reboots! This community will be KEY for me in doing it on my own for a bit.
Jennijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:50 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post

I'm not a big fan of the cheddar ones that Jenny likes but really like the sea salt one.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:05 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
I'm not a big fan of the cheddar ones that Jenny likes but really like the sea salt one.
Me too - the cheddar has a horrible chemical aftertaste that I don't experience with either the salt & vinegar or BBQ
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #401  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Funny how all our taste buds are different.
The cheddar is my favorite followed by BBQ.
But, to be fair, the people at GNC swerved me away from the other flavors as they said they weren't good so these are the only 2 I have tried.
Of all of them though, IP BBQ Crisps are my favorite. I got them for my brother but he prefers the Quest chips to IP's.

I went shopping yesterday to get the ingredients needed to make Crockpot French Dip Au Jus in Janeva's cookbook. I am excited to try that this weekend. It seems pretty simple.

My Amazon order of Swerve and liquid flavoring Stevia came yesterday along with the recipe book from Sugar Free Mom so I am really going to enjoy trying some new things this weekend.

3 nights this week I have dinner out - last night and then the next 2. I don't like to go out to dinner on this diet especially given that I have my recipe books and my ingredients stocked but I need to be a good host/tour guide with friends in town.

I had a nice NSV yesterday. My client inquired as to how many inches I lost just since last Thursday as they said it is noticeably reduced. The nice thing is that this came from 2 different people at 2 different times/locations so it was independent. And, I went shoe shopping and saw myself in the mirror and have even texted my sister before that to say I like what I saw looking back so seems likes some anecdotal evidence of recent inches lost.

Well, I got to get moving. Meetings start at noon and go throughout the day and then dinner plans so another long day ahead of me. No chance to page through my new recipe book today or tomorrow :-(
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #402  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'4"

Ok, so this time I'm doing this with "alternates". I'm using EAS Carb Control, and for a break I'm also using Keto Slim protein powder shakes....has anyone tried this? Total Cal = 100, Total Fat = 0.5g, Cholesteral = 0mg, Sodium = 150mg, Potassium = 210mg, Total Carbs = 2g, Dietary Fiber = 0g, Sugar = 0g, Protein = 23g!!! I'm wondering though, the protein is a rice/pea/soy blend. Is this the wrong type of protein for this diet? I'm on day 4, yesterday I was starving all day, but got on the scale this morning hoping to be 149lbs, and was 148...YAY....and yes, I'm one of those compulsive weigher's, gotta do it every morning...keeps me on track.
Stanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #403  

ha-ha! The sea salt and cheddar & sour cream are my 2 favorites. However, I did try them all and the only one I did not care for was the sour cream and onion. Otherwise, I thought the other flavors were great. I just stick to SS and C&S because if I was eating regular chips, these are the flavors I gravitate towards.

I do think your taste buds change over time on P1 because I found with all the food in the beginning, I am always like "that was ok, I would eat it again" and then I get to the point where I start looking forward to the item and then get excited about it. I think that happened with the chips for me. The first couple of times, I was like "ok, these are edible. they are not regular chips, but they are salty & crunchy" now I look forward to them every day!

Stanski- I have used EAS carb control when I have been in a pinch. In general, I do not care for the taste, but they are readily available at most places, so if I am in a bind, I use them. I prefer using the Quest protein. I like the taste so much better and since it bakes so well, I am not locked into always drinking a shake.

I'm still plugging along. Had my mid-week check and was down to 152.4, so I am hoping for a little more by my official weigh in on Sat

Ro- I got my Janeva's cookbook last night and I am so excited to look through it! I haven't had much time either, but I want to pick out a few things to try this weekend. I am hoping that I can sub the Quest multi-purpose and the Quest Vanilla for a lot of the recipes that call for IP crispy cereal. I am still waiting for my extracts to arrive.

Jenni- I know it is tedious, but dig through the "alternatives" threads, there are a lot of random recipes and alternative recommendations in there. Both Ro and I have found that we were pretty boring our first time on IP and are now using alternatives and being much more creative.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #404  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everybody

So today is my 6th day OP, I am so happy that this time I'm sticking with it, believe me, I tried for what it seems like a million times, but this time, it's working! I am sticking to the program, exactly like I did the first time I tried it.

I am one of those who weigh themselves everyday even though I know I shouldn't, but this is what keeps me going and I've been doing this since forever, so no chance to stop now, and the good news is.... As of today, I lost 11 pounds already! So I did it! Exactly like the first time, I did lose 11 pounds the first week.

I'm so happy, I am going to stick to this, I'm sure this time.

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 11-20-2015 at 09:17 AM.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #405  

Way to go Sandra! So glad you are back on track!

Happy Friday Rebooters! Still plugging along here as my 6th week is coming to a close. Tomorrow is official weigh in. My mid-week check showed a loss, so I am hoping to see a little more by tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, not much to report. I am waiting for a bunch of flavored extracts to arrive so I can start experimenting with flavors and mix things up a little bit.