Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #181  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick little good morning post! On my way out the door to work. Headache is gone this morning yay! I overslept so no time to pack food for the day, thank God for RTD's and cafeteria salad bars!

You all have a wonderful on plan day!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #182  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

I went to buy mt Quest bars yesterday at GNC. The salesman/personnel trainer and I were chatting about the bars and my diet. He asked what I was doing So I explained briefly. He told me that this diet is unsafe and that the body cannot function with less than 1200 calories a day. Hmmm, I didn't really know what to say. I just said it's a doctor designed diet and being overweight isn't healthy either. He also asked how much I had lost and said I've lost too much in the amount of time I've been doing this diet.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #183  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I went to buy mt Quest bars yesterday at GNC. The salesman/personnel trainer and I were chatting about the bars and my diet. He asked what I was doing So I explained briefly. He told me that this diet is unsafe and that the body cannot function with less than 1200 calories a day. Hmmm, I didn't really know what to say. I just said it's a doctor designed diet and being overweight isn't healthy either. He also asked how much I had lost and said I've lost too much in the amount of time I've been doing this diet.
I find it amusing that so many people will parrot "1200 calories, 1-2 lbs per week, anything else is unsafe" without ever questioning the science behind it. Obviously, the body can function just fine on less than 1200 calories per day, some people do it for years at a time!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #184  

Default Checking in...

Hi all!
I'm not sure I have said hello to all of the new and returning folks, so hi! And welcome!

It's been a busy week with VBS and regular work obligations. Looking forward to relaxing some today.

I had my weigh-in this morning and lost 3.8. That puts me only 0.6 away from my first fifty pound loss. Can't wait for next week!

I know I have said this before and so have many others, but if you struggle at ALL with the emotional part of weight loss/food issues, please do yourself a favor and read The Beck Diet Solution book. I used several of the "tools" in it this week and they really helped.

Enjoy a great OP weekend, everyone!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #185  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
I know I have said this before and so have many others, but if you struggle at ALL with the emotional part of weight loss/food issues, please do yourself a favor and read The Beck Diet Solution book. I used several of the "tools" in it this week and they really helped.

I've been reading Beck this week. I won't pretend that I am doing all of the steps as laid out in the book, but it is definitely helpful. Great advice.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu773 View Post

Received two recipes from the daily videos this week that I thought were interesting...one was a Taboulah salad & the other....was muffins!!! Say what?!
Make sure you are getting your salt in Lulu... and I bookmarked the Tabbouleh Salad when I first started IP and it's really yummy. Of course now, I do real Tabbouleh Salad using Gluten Free grains in my maintenance carb meal. The IP recipe is still yummy though, I suggest trying it out for those who haven't yet.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #187  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone, I was away at a conference last week in beautiful Jackson, Wyoming. I didn't stay on plan 100% but did the best I could. I didn't lose any weight but didn't gain any either so to me that is a win!! I have been 100% since Wednesday and plan on staying there!! Hopefully I will have a big loss next week.

Sweetnuf Thank you for the info on aspartame. I have always tried to avoid things that contained it because it makes me feel weird..now I know why!! By the way look great in you progress photo!!

Cher71 Welcome & Congrats on the great loss. Yes this plan is awesome and so is the motivation and support on this forum, glad you joined us!

Lulu773 Wow great loss! There are many great recipes that can be made from the packets. The opening page of the daily chat threads has links to recipes and a wealth of other information to help with this journey. Welcome!!

AZLinda So glad your headache is gone-sounds like you are back in ketosis and ready to zap some fat cells. You have a great OP day also!!

GraceRev What a great milestone you are about to hit...a 50 lbs loss is so awesome. You should be so proud of yourself!! I am half way there. I have heard so much about the Beck Diet Solution book, I am going to purchase it from Amazon today. Relax and have a Blessed Day!!
Old 06-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Height: 5'8"

I just got the Beck Diet Book Solution CD's t listen to in my car on the way to work. So far I think what she has to say is AMAZING! A lot of insight as to why I overeat, and have struggled so hard in the past. Looking forward to hearing more.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #189  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Hi all!
I'm not sure I have said hello to all of the new and returning folks, so hi! And welcome!

It's been a busy week with VBS and regular work obligations. Looking forward to relaxing some today.

I had my weigh-in this morning and lost 3.8. That puts me only 0.6 away from my first fifty pound loss. Can't wait for next week!

Awesome WI congrats!!

Linda, glad you are feeling better.

I'd like to get the book. I heard a little about it.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #190  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtw View Post
I find it amusing that so many people will parrot "1200 calories, 1-2 lbs per week, anything else is unsafe" without ever questioning the science behind it. Obviously, the body can function just fine on less than 1200 calories per day, some people do it for years at a time!
Yes, it's all a matter of "knowledge". If you read "wheat belly" you find out about how the changes in food are making us all quite sick. No body rips the bagel out of your hand though, and criticizes people for eating all the genetically modified food that we've been told is "healthy". Education, education, education....
Old 06-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 201/189/165

Height: 5`3"

woo hoo WI for week 4. total so far 9 pounds! It may not be coming off super fast but it is coming off!!!!

congrats to all those nice weight loses
Old 06-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 201/189/165

Height: 5`3"

canadjineh I have hunted through the threads looking for your tabouli salad with no luck.
Can you tell us how to find it
thanks
Old 06-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #193  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl151 View Post
canadjineh I have hunted through the threads looking for your tabouli salad with no luck.
Can you tell us how to find it
thanks
here's one:

http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com/2013...tabbouleh.html
Old 06-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #194  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

WOOOT Wooot!! Thanks Ruth -- so simple and yet so yummy looking. Gonna "massage some kale" and try this recipe out ....
Old 06-28-2014, 09:18 AM   #195  

jeanl151 I appreciate your great attitude!! I started at about the same place and time you did and was really trying hard to keep feeling wonderful about my slow progress! I am really happy for everyone who is having such great losses!! Congratulations!! It is nice to know others don't lose as fast also and just keep on keeping on... we will all succeed! Thanks!
Closed Thread