Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #46  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Went to the Farmer's Market and bought some rhubarb (and lots of other yummy veggies!). I am exvited to cook some up. I have the IP Raspberry Jelly (gelatin). So I stew the rhubarb and then put the jelly mix in and eat warm or cool? I'm new to rhubarb, as you can tell!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 233/220.2/130

Hi...new here. I have an appt on Tuesday. Mi was inspired by a friend from Facebook. Been reading a lot...a bit nervous. I did the HCG diet 3 different time and lost weight, but honestly, it made me c-r-a-z-y!! Anyone here done both and can alleviate my nerves?

I seriously am at my last straw with loosing weight once and for all. Even thought about by-pass surgery, but I wouldn't be approved as I have no health issues.

When I called to make an appt. the Dr. Answered the phone & we chatted...he said, "No exercise & no alcohol". I was surprised by the no exercise! He did say walking and gentle/ stretching yoga was fine.

Thanks for reading.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:36 AM   #48  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Went to the Farmer's Market and bought some rhubarb (and lots of other yummy veggies!). I am exvited to cook some up. I have the IP Raspberry Jelly (gelatin). So I stew the rhubarb and then put the jelly mix in and eat warm or cool? I'm new to rhubarb, as you can tell!
I'm new to rhubarb too but when I did it with the gelatin, I had a bit hot, and it was yummy. Then had some the next day and it was like a jelly as it didn't solidify too much. It definitely would be a good topping on a pudding! Did you see the recipe about making it into a crumble by making a paste out of the oatmeal pack and then baking it all till the oatmeal cooks into the crumble topping?

Warning: I ate too much the first night in my excitement and I did not need the "Smooth Lax" tea (or whatever it's called). I think with the rhubarb, "less is more"
Old 06-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #49  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu773 View Post
Hi...new here. I have an appt on Tuesday. Mi was inspired by a friend from Facebook. Been reading a lot...a bit nervous. I did the HCG diet 3 different time and lost weight, but honestly, it made me c-r-a-z-y!! Anyone here done both and can alleviate my nerves?

I seriously am at my last straw with loosing weight once and for all. Even thought about by-pass surgery, but I wouldn't be approved as I have no health issues.

When I called to make an appt. the Dr. Answered the phone & we chatted...he said, "No exercise & no alcohol". I was surprised by the no exercise! He did say walking and gentle/ stretching yoga was fine.

Thanks for reading.
Don't you love a plan where you get told no exercise and know you'll still lose weight!? It's great Lulu and you'll get wonderful support here. Take time to read the threads. This is the start of a Newbie thread#2 but the other one is not too far back. There is also a group that has a thread that just started in May. So there will be lots of "first time" questions answered in those. You'll also see at the top of the 3FC page, before you click on any thread, the red words "sticky" -- those have lots of great info on them too.

Welcome! We hope you decide to join us on the journey. It's not an easy road at times, but the company you're going with is great!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #50  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
I always microwaved the rhubarb until it was nice a soft and then added the hot water and then the jelly - cut down the water in the jelly a little though since there's some from the rhubarb in there. Then just refrigerated for a couple of hours.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #51  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!!

Hey guys!! How you all doing? I'm having a wondeful time on vacation with the family! Getting to see our two newest Grandbabies born in March has been such a joy!

I have faced many temptations already...and have managed to stay strong in the face of Pizza, cheesecake, dairy queen blizzards, and Dunken Donuts! Each time I resist these temptations, I just feel more and more empowered!

Today, we are having a Father's Day BBQ. So easy peasy to stick to the program. Grilled Protein and veggies yeah baby!

Welcome to the newcomers!! Make yourself right at home and settle in, glad to have you!

Last edited by AZLinda; 06-15-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #52  
Diane on track July 2014

awww Linda -- your pic hardly looks old enough for grandbabies! Good for you for sticking to your guns. I encourage you to look back to your post on the "90% thread" where you had lots of justification for small cheats here and there. I'm not sure if YOU are seeing a difference in your thinking about food, but it's coming out more and more to me that you seem to be getting into gear for winning this "mental battle" of the bulge. If you can resist all those other treats you mentioned, and with your positive attitude, you will be rocking this thing!
Have a great rest of the holiday with your family. Grandma's gonna have lots of energy to play with those grandbabies when they are toddlers (and believe me, you'll need it! LOL) Great NSV!!

Last edited by IP43; 06-15-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #53  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

When I started this in February I thought I would for sure phase off for summer, but the momentum is just too good and I believe taking a break would set me back. I also started with my goal weight seeming so unattainable and I am now thinking of losing more. This plan is amazing. But I think 3FC is even more amazing. I'm so glad I found it.

Quote:
NSV today...get to purge my closet of my size 14 pants!!!! Not a selfie-girl but changed my avatars today wearing my infamous orange shirt...it helps me see the difference after 20 lbs. I am so thankful for all the good energy around here....keep strong, everyone!
I kept a pair of pants to compare with. Can't wear them for a pic as they fall down now! I did try to throw on a shirt out of my drawer the other say and for the first time in forever had to say it looked horrible because it was too big!

Quote:
I just mixed my peach mango packet and raspberry jelly for tonight. It is yummy. I am building up the courage to try rhubarb. I'm not adventurous. Just bought my first jicama so I figure one step at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post

I have faced many temptations already...and have managed to stay strong in the face of Pizza, cheesecake, dairy queen blizzards, and Dunken Donuts! Each time I resist these temptations, I just feel more and more empowered!

Today, we are having a Father's Day BBQ. So easy peasy to stick to the program. Grilled Protein and veggies yeah baby!
You got this! I also feel very powerful when I turn down those temptations. On,y a couple times have I felt deprived and only when I was hungry. Planning ahead and having my own food ready is the answer.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #54  
Started WW 2/2/15

S/C/G: 240/218/135

Hi everyone - newbie here, starting tomorrow, 1st time ever!!

Reading, reading, reading!!! Very excited - wishing you all a great day!!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #55  

Way to go Linda! Resisting temptations can be hard but you are doing great! Enjoy your time with the family!
Old 06-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #56  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicklet52 View Post
Hi everyone - newbie here, starting tomorrow, 1st time ever!!

Reading, reading, reading!!! Very excited - wishing you all a great day!!
Welcome, Chicklet52! You got this! So glad you've joined us!
Old 06-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu773 View Post

Thanks for reading.
Hey Lulu! I did hcg before as well. IP is much better. Similar in some ways with the protein and veggie choices but much nicer with the packets. I'm losing faster on IP than hcg and I know I can stay on it longer. You'll feel great. This forum is wonderful.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #58  
Diane on track July 2014

What is HCG by the way? My over active imagination tries to fill in acronyms and it's quite amusing actually-- but it's probably better to know what the real thing is
Old 06-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #59  
Started WW 2/2/15

S/C/G: 240/218/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Welcome, Chicklet52! You got this! So glad you've joined us!
Thanks so much - very excited to get started!!
Old 06-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
What is HCG by the way? My over active imagination tries to fill in acronyms and it's quite amusing actually-- but it's probably better to know what the real thing is
Human chorionic gonadotropin. It's the hormone we make when pregnant. The diet is awful basically you put drops of this hormone under your tongue and follow a very restricted diet, like IP with no packets adding one piece of fruit. The drops are suppose to control your appetite. 3 days before you start, you carb load, eating as much as you want. I was really good at "loading."

BTW it's now illegal to give people real hcg in the US. It's only available by prescription but doctors can lose their licenses if they prescribe it for weight loss. Sounds like a great plan huh?
Closed Thread