S/C/G: 232/217.5/170

Height: 5'3.5''

I got my tracker supper exicted
Old 06-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl151 View Post
feel plagued with bm issues. I should have listened when told to up the fiber.. uggggghhhh
Ask your coach as well. I've always been plagued with chronic constipation, and I essentially stopped going my first week OP. My coach recommended another supplement (don't recall off the top of my head, but it was primarily magnesium) and it has helped a lot. Sometimes I even feel like I go like a normal person now!
Old 06-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

My chiropractor has me using something called CALM + calcium by Natural Vitality. It is a powder that fizzes up when you mix with warm water. You take before going to bed. It helps with inflammation, sleeping, stress, and gastro issues. I LOVE it...I would not be without it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Ask your coach as well. I've always been plagued with chronic constipation, and I essentially stopped going my first week OP. My coach recommended another supplement (don't recall off the top of my head, but it was primarily magnesium) and it has helped a lot. Sometimes I even feel like I go like a normal person now!
Old 06-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Congrats!
I got mine yesterday so feel the happiness still
That means we have stuck with it for 20 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
I got my tracker supper exicted
Old 06-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #80  

Hi, I'm a newbie to the Ideal Protein diet. I am 51 and 5'2 and weigh
148. I have lost and gained the same 10 to 15 pounds for the last 10
years. I started Monday and haven't been this excited about being on
a diet in a long time. I would like to lose 20lb and feel like it is a realistic
goal and feel like I can achieve it on this diet. I'm glad I found this forum
for support.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #81  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybell View Post
Hi all
I could not find the old chat, so went back to my old posts and found it had moved to this one. So, how do I save this thread to my favorites, so I can find it?
If you go to the "threads" tab you will be able to subscribe or unsubscribe to a thread. Later, when you go to Quick Links, you'll see your list of subscribed threads that you can go to later on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchief View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie to the Ideal Protein diet. I am 51 and 5'2 and weigh
148. I have lost and gained the same 10 to 15 pounds for the last 10
years. I started Monday and haven't been this excited about being on
a diet in a long time. I would like to lose 20lb and feel like it is a realistic
goal and feel like I can achieve it on this diet. I'm glad I found this forum
for support.
WELCOME!! You have every right to be excited-- it works!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #82  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
feel plagued with bm issues. I should have listened when told to up the fiber.. uggggghhhh
IP does recommend CALM. They also have something called Florolax that my coach has shown me. And lots of people use smooth move tea. Luckily I have not had to deal with this issue.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I lowered my calcium slightly and took a tbsp. of milk of magnesia every 2 or 3 days if needed because (*WARNING* TMI) I'm a regular 1-2x/day pooper. And I definitely wasn't on IP, 3 days was my max time w/o before I felt really unwell.

Liana
Old 06-19-2014, 07:00 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 201/189/165

Height: 5`3"

omg gained 2 pounds. I ate a brownie and spoon full of pasta. Is that all it takes to sabotage the diet? so mad at myself!!!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:04 AM   #85  

could the weight also be because of 'bathroom " issues? I took miralax yesterday
Old 06-19-2014, 07:20 AM   #86  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
omg gained 2 pounds. I ate a brownie and spoon full of pasta. Is that all it takes to sabotage the diet? so mad at myself!!!
The sad news is that "yes", too much carbs or sugars make a big difference in this diet -- that 2 pounds will come back off super fast when you get back OP. This is not like WW where you can have the occasional treat. Your body shifts "gears" to a fat burning mode and the weight comes off once you get into "ketosis" (the fat burning stage). That takes 3 days to get into that state. SO when you have too many carbs or sugars, you go out of ketosis and it can take 3 days to get back into that state.
When you start this diet, the first week you lose a lot as you reduce the "glycogen stores" in your body. Without that glycogen/carb storage, your body turns to using the second source of energy: fat. When you start eating carbs again, your body "replenishes" that glycogen store so that first 2-3 pounds comes back on quickly.
Good news: it will be off again + more by the end of the week.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #87  

Default good motivation

thanks ip43 that is motivating information. I will stay op and go back to writing my food down each day.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #88  
Rolyat829

S/C/G: 222/?/?

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I just started IP on Sunday and so far so good! I am finally feeling better which is nice. Feeling a bit sluggish today but the nausea and headaches are gone. Everything has been great, nice and easy, and some of the recipes that I have come across are delicious. My boyfriend is the cook in the house and he is excited to try all of the new recipes:-). Last night was my first day back at work since I started IP. It was HARD!! I manage a restaurant and the smell of the place when I walked in was overwhelming. Everything that came out of the kitchen was so tempting. I kept drinking water every time I felt any sort of craving. Thankfully I kept every thing I have read about cheating in the back of my mind and kept telling myself that grabbing even one fry isn't worth it. I think it will get easier over time, but yesterday was torture! One of the toughest things that I need to overcome each morning is getting the kid's lunches and cereal ready. I am so used to grabbing a handful of honey nut Cheerios or popping a strawberry in my mouth while I pack everything up. I even caught myself reaching into the box yesterday like I always do and then remembered that I can't. I think this diet (for me at least) is about changing my mind more than my body. I'm constantly reminding myself that this is worth it and the " tough" part is only a few months and will be over soon. I am so excited to have one across this site. Reading everything has been enlightening and encouraging. I love all of the tips and teachings. I am amazed at all of the people who have started IP and have succeeded on this site. Thank you all so much for sharing your stories and being inspirations to us newbies. Hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #89  
Started IP 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone. I have been MIA and I have had a few slips but moving onward.. I need to read the posts and see how all you are doing... Have a great day peeps
Old 06-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #90  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolyat829 View Post
Good morning! I just started IP on Sunday and so far so good! I am finally feeling better which is nice. Feeling a bit sluggish today but the nausea and headaches are gone. Everything has been great, nice and easy, and some of the recipes that I have come across are delicious. My boyfriend is the cook in the house and he is excited to try all of the new recipes:-). Last night was my first day back at work since I started IP. It was HARD!! I manage a restaurant and the smell of the place when I walked in was overwhelming. Everything that came out of the kitchen was so tempting. I kept drinking water every time I felt any sort of craving. Thankfully I kept every thing I have read about cheating in the back of my mind and kept telling myself that grabbing even one fry isn't worth it. I think it will get easier over time, but yesterday was torture! One of the toughest things that I need to overcome each morning is getting the kid's lunches and cereal ready. I am so used to grabbing a handful of honey nut Cheerios or popping a strawberry in my mouth while I pack everything up. I even caught myself reaching into the box yesterday like I always do and then remembered that I can't. I think this diet (for me at least) is about changing my mind more than my body. I'm constantly reminding myself that this is worth it and the " tough" part is only a few months and will be over soon. I am so excited to have one across this site. Reading everything has been enlightening and encouraging. I love all of the tips and teachings. I am amazed at all of the people who have started IP and have succeeded on this site. Thank you all so much for sharing your stories and being inspirations to us newbies. Hope everyone has a nice day.
Eureeka! You've got it! It IS a mind game. And, the best advice that I have been given and am trying to follow IP is to use the P1 time to 'rewire' your brain for forever eating. If we go back to the ways that we were eating before IP, we will end up right back where we started. The best part of maintenance on IP is that you can learn to eat smartly, healthy, and creatively!

Having to feed my kids is my biggest temptation. I can't even imagine working in a restraurant how hard that would be! I have found it gets easier to resist temptation. I get to the point where I just don't even feel tempted by things that might have tempted me before (soda, french fries, fried chips) because I have set it in my mind that these are things that I am not going to have again. My mind has started to interpret them as greasy and gross. And, so often they are! We eat what we think is going to be satisfying and delicious and so often they just leave us with a stomach ache.

I am mentally getting excited about things I know I CAN have once I get into maintenance, healthy whole grains, greek yogurt, healthy fruits, healthy nut butters. I highly suggest reading the maintenance threads to see what fun and healthy choices they are making! It has me beyond excited.

The other best advice that I have heard here is to use this time on P1 to learn to really enjoy vegetables. And I would add to learn to enjoy healthy food preparation and creativity...adding spices and flavorings that make food delicious!

You're off to a great start! Each time you resist temptation, you get that much closer to your goal....a healthy life in a healthy body. Yay!
Closed Thread