Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #316  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Hey team August. Just wanted to swing by and check in on the thread. I've been lurking the past few days after my terrible Saturday. Went WAY off plan, so I'm not expecting a big loss this week. It's pay week this week so one more week with the coach. I'm going to buy a little extra IP stuff then it's on the alts. I just can't keep spending the $85+ each week. I dread "breaking up" with my coach. He's such a nice guy but I don't get as much from him as I do the threads. I was going to do it last week but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm such a chicken sometimes!

After my honey's accident on Thursday night (passed out and hit his head) then the Warrior Dash on Saturday it was a tough weekend. The Warrior dash by the way is hard as heck! I pulled a calf muscle about half way thru and avoided most of the wall obstacles. I just don't have any upper body strength plus being terrified of heights! All in all I want to do it again next year but plan to be in better shape!

anyway enough of my rambling! Have a great week!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #317  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
And so I'm mourning but I'm also rejoicing and trying to turn that corner in my mind. I know that I have to turn that corner and put that way of eating and being around food firmly behind me or I'll just be back right where I started and all of this was for nothing. It is a journey, that's for sure.
Yup, it's a bit of both isn't it? I hope that during this journey I can develop the self-control I will need to be around lots of different foods again once maintenance starts, but I don't know that I will. I think I am a food addict and need to stay away from certain things for good that may trigger a reversion back to my old habits. So that is a worry in the back of my mind.

On the other hand, I did some closet shopping this morning and was so thrilled that I can wear a size L in a top now - the XLs are really too big now. I'm already looking forward to when the Ls start getting too baggy too! Do I mind trading a big plate of my favorite foods for that experience? Heck no!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hey team August. Just wanted to swing by and check in on the thread. I've been lurking the past few days after my terrible Saturday. Went WAY off plan, so I'm not expecting a big loss this week. It's pay week this week so one more week with the coach. I'm going to buy a little extra IP stuff then it's on the alts. I just can't keep spending the $85+ each week. I dread "breaking up" with my coach. He's such a nice guy but I don't get as much from him as I do the threads. I was going to do it last week but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm such a chicken sometimes!
Given that we are all human, challenges in our life can cause one to slip sidewise a bit - you certainly had a rough week.

But the important part is that you are BACK and ready to hit the ground running. Hang around here and you will be back to where you want to be.

I can understand feeling bad about the coach when he has been so kindly but money is money. My daughter and her husband go but I use alternatives and an occasional IP product on their order. I do not see a whole bunch of difference in the rate of loss between the two females involved so I think watching the labels on the alternatives one can certainly paly along that way with no perceptible difference.

Since money can be a factor, whatever works to get you going is what must be considered?
Old 10-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #319  

Default That's the attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Yup, it's a bit of both isn't it? I hope that during this journey I can develop the self-control I will need to be around lots of different foods again once maintenance starts, but I don't know that I will. I think I am a food addict and need to stay away from certain things for good that may trigger a reversion back to my old habits. So that is a worry in the back of my mind.

On the other hand, I did some closet shopping this morning and was so thrilled that I can wear a size L in a top now - the XLs are really too big now. I'm already looking forward to when the Ls start getting too baggy too! Do I mind trading a big plate of my favorite foods for that experience? Heck no!
I could not agree more - the absolute DELIGHT of digging smaller things out of the dark recesses of my closet is a much longer lasting delight than the Austrian pastries I would love to eat. Bigger kick standing in front of the mirror wearing something other than old lady fat clothes! Honestly.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #320  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone! Just a very quick check-in to say I've remained 100% OP on my vacation, and it has been surprisingly easy! Hardest part is not wanting to overeat or cheat, but getting all of my veggies and IP packets in! Hope everyone is doing well! Keep at it!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 139/137/133

Height: 5'9"

Wow! Good for you. I hope I can do the same during my upcoming trip!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #322  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Hi Everyone! Just a very quick check-in to say I've remained 100% OP on my vacation, and it has been surprisingly easy! Hardest part is not wanting to overeat or cheat, but getting all of my veggies and IP packets in! Hope everyone is doing well! Keep at it!
Keep up the good work and enjoy your time away!
I found this on one of my vacations, too. I could find salads easily enough. The veggies were a tad more difficult (except for green beans, which are occasional)
Old 10-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Yay for you!!!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #324  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping I can hang on for another 10 days! I take that back..... I know I can!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #325  

Default Congratulations!

Quote:
Sometimes those successes are almost sweeter than the weight loss because it means your mind is truly wrapping itself around this new way of living day to day, regardless of where we are or what we are doing.

Congratulations and lets keep these Augusters on a fast roll!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #326  
IP start 8/15/13

S/C/G: 244/211/195

Height: 5'7

Well, yesterday's WI -1.5 lbs. I about started to cry. I told my coach I was done. She then measured and I was down 4 3/4 inches. I was baffled. I am going to stay on IP, after reading post here. They are so supportive and encouraging. This forum is golden. Thanks for being here.
I hope everyone has a great hump day.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #327  

MsKitty:
You know weight loss is like a roller coaster, right? It is up hill & down hill...never a straight line.
It is ALL good.
Look at each weigh-in as a SINGLE data point in the overall trend
Old 10-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #328  

Default Don't give up the ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKitty View Post
Well, yesterday's WI -1.5 lbs. I about started to cry. I told my coach I was done. She then measured and I was down 4 3/4 inches. I was baffled. I am going to stay on IP, after reading post here. They are so supportive and encouraging. This forum is golden. Thanks for being here.
I hope everyone has a great hump day.
DO NOT QUIT, MsKitty! It is hard, very hard, when you work diligently and the danged scale gives you a big raspberry. However, those inches should have given you an idea that you are still sailing on.

Hang in there even if the weight loss is slow. We do not win at this battle except by hanging in there. The scale will go DOWN and that is what counts. When you reach goal and can wear all those cool new clothes and walk with a real spring in your step, you will chuckle at what you have been through. (I will let Lisa do the technical talk about scales, weight and stuff because she is so much better at it than I am).

Exercise patience and the scale will fall.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #329  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Sometimes those successes are almost sweeter than the weight loss because it means your mind is truly wrapping itself around this new way of living day to day, regardless of where we are or what we are doing.

Congratulations and lets keep these Augusters on a fast roll!
You are spot-on Schenectady! Also about keeping my eye on the prize of getting the new cute clothes eventually! It will definitely all be worth it!!

Has anyone heard from Deana?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #330  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Weigh in #9 down -.4 lbs. I'll take it.

I have been sick for the last few days. Sore throat, headaches, fatigue, the whole deal, I haven't really been eating much, it hurts to swallow.

I didn't measure, I didn't want anyone that close to me. I am 2.1 lbs from my mini goal of 10% of my starting body weight gone. Going to adjust my goal to a later date (crossing fingers for next week!)

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread