Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #301  
IP Start Date 8.15.13
 
clbott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 158

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
Hi, at my WI today, I am own 3.6, for a total of 32.6 pounds in 2 months!!!
Wow! Congrats!
clbott is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #302  
Started IP August 14 2013
 
vachinyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 357

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
Hi, at my WI today, I am own 3.6, for a total of 32.6 pounds in 2 months!!!
That's amazing. Congrats MidgieMoon!

Just checking in on the Augusters thread...hard to believe it is October already and we have all been at it together for ~2-2.5 months...successfully. Very exciting. And, for me, I'm happy that I'm not bored or hungry all the time or ready to give up. Feels good.

My 8 week total is -25.8 lbs and -20.625 inches as of this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend friends in Canada.
vachinyc is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #303  
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 937

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

I am so proud of how well our Augusters are doing - wedding weights surpassed, supportive DH's and all. It IS the support on here that keeps me going. In the past week when I have not been able to get on here, I have felt a little disconnected.

I am keeping fingers crossed for WI on Monday. I have been under huge stress this week from children at college challenges. I have NOT gone OP foodwise but I have missed out on water and supplements while drivn back and forth.

So cross fingers that I can have a good WI - I really need to see a loss because I have lost a little bit of my momentum emotionally.
schenectady is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #304  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14
 
ecdcslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 210

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Unhappy Oh my this is SO MUCH harder

Hi all, so, I just finished my first 24 hrs in Napa and it's very hard. Last night we went to eat and I was so emotional. I have been thru dinners and corporate food events feeling very confident, even saying to people that "hey, I had fun putting on all this weight, I can deal with passing up on this wonderful food and wine to achieve my goals." And I meant it, I felt strong. But this is hard. With DH, looking at the wine flights and the lovely food and desserts. I was almost in tears. And a lot of it is realizing that I can NEVER go back to eating like that. Sure, I can have one meal or maybe one day, but if I'm to keep the weight off for good, I have to leave that way of eating and dealing with food and alcohol behind. And it feels hard. I used to think that some people were lucky and could eat or drink what they want, not gain weight but I have finally faced the fact that while there are degrees, sure, no one can eat and drink what they want and not bear the consequences. One myth finally destroyed for me.

Been on plan the whole time, been buying a head of romaine and a bunch of celery and munching on that. And struggling.

Thanks for listening.
ecdcslim is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #305  
IP Start Date 8.15.13
 
clbott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 158

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi all, so, I just finished my first 24 hrs in Napa and it's very hard. Last night we went to eat and I was so emotional. I have been thru dinners and corporate food events feeling very confident, even saying to people that "hey, I had fun putting on all this weight, I can deal with passing up on this wonderful food and wine to achieve my goals." And I meant it, I felt strong. But this is hard. With DH, looking at the wine flights and the lovely food and desserts. I was almost in tears. And a lot of it is realizing that I can NEVER go back to eating like that. Sure, I can have one meal or maybe one day, but if I'm to keep the weight off for good, I have to leave that way of eating and dealing with food and alcohol behind. And it feels hard. I used to think that some people were lucky and could eat or drink what they want, not gain weight but I have finally faced the fact that while there are degrees, sure, no one can eat and drink what they want and not bear the consequences. One myth finally destroyed for me.

Been on plan the whole time, been buying a head of romaine and a bunch of celery and munching on that. And struggling.

Thanks for listening.
I'm proud if you for keeping on plan, especially when its hard. That's when it counts! Sending wishes your way that tomorrow goes better!
clbott is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #306  
Member
 
MidgieMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 98

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
That's amazing. Congrats MidgieMoon!

Just checking in on the Augusters thread...hard to believe it is October already and we have all been at it together for ~2-2.5 months...successfully. Very exciting. And, for me, I'm happy that I'm not bored or hungry all the time or ready to give up. Feels good.

My 8 week total is -25.8 lbs and -20.625 inches as of this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend friends in Canada.
Awesome!! Keep up the goo work!!
MidgieMoon is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #307  
Member
 
MidgieMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 98

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbott View Post
I'm proud if you for keeping on plan, especially when its hard. That's when it counts! Sending wishes your way that tomorrow goes better!
Ditto, when you stay OP when its har, you can relish the reward! You are strong, you can o it!!!
MidgieMoon is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #308  
Member
 
MidgieMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 98

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am so proud of how well our Augusters are doing - wedding weights surpassed, supportive DH's and all. It IS the support on here that keeps me going. In the past week when I have not been able to get on here, I have felt a little disconnected.

I am keeping fingers crossed for WI on Monday. I have been under huge stress this week from children at college challenges. I have NOT gone OP foodwise but I have missed out on water and supplements while drivn back and forth.

So cross fingers that I can have a good WI - I really need to see a loss because I have lost a little bit of my momentum emotionally.
You will see it! I was stuck in traffic for 8 hours Friday because of the terrible weather between my home and my daughter's school. I only ate a bar and drank water all day. When I filled out my journal I wrote "Stuck in traffic" on it for my lunch, and my coach was impressed with my honesty. I just couln't bring myself to eat the wrong thing from a Wawa's, so I basically starved al day! I did grill up a steak for dinner which helped me feel better

Last edited by MidgieMoon; 10-13-2013 at 02:45 PM.
MidgieMoon is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #309  
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 937

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi all, so, I just finished my first 24 hrs in Napa and it's very hard. Last night we went to eat and I was so emotional. I have been thru dinners and corporate food events feeling very confident, even saying to people that "hey, I had fun putting on all this weight, I can deal with passing up on this wonderful food and wine to achieve my goals." And I meant it, I felt strong. But this is hard. With DH, looking at the wine flights and the lovely food and desserts. I was almost in tears. And a lot of it is realizing that I can NEVER go back to eating like that. Sure, I can have one meal or maybe one day, but if I'm to keep the weight off for good, I have to leave that way of eating and dealing with food and alcohol behind. And it feels hard. I used to think that some people were lucky and could eat or drink what they want, not gain weight but I have finally faced the fact that while there are degrees, sure, no one can eat and drink what they want and not bear the consequences. One myth finally destroyed for me.


Thanks for listening.
First, congratulations on your 100% and, yes, it can be hard. But the pleasure of putting something delicious and off plan in your mouth maylead to lots of unpleasant moments later - added weight, guilt, regret, remorse, or sliding off.

We HAVE EATEN everything delicious already in our lifetime! We know what these things taste like and that has gotten us where we are.

It does not mean that you have to give up everything forever. You need to get to that healthy place first, then carefully plan when, where, and how you will choose to celebrate. That will make it all the sweeter.

We are all here, so just hang in there and vent, cry, whine here - it is OK
schenectady is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #310  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49
 
Tuscany123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 251

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Default

ECDC: what a heartfelt post. Thank you for being so honest, I think it helps us all. It sounds like a mourning period of knowing what has been might never be again. Very courageous.
Tuscany123 is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #311  
Senior Member
 
lighthouse101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 263

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi all, so, I just finished my first 24 hrs in Napa and it's very hard. Last night we went to eat and I was so emotional. I have been thru dinners and corporate food events feeling very confident, even saying to people that "hey, I had fun putting on all this weight, I can deal with passing up on this wonderful food and wine to achieve my goals." And I meant it, I felt strong. But this is hard. With DH, looking at the wine flights and the lovely food and desserts. I was almost in tears. And a lot of it is realizing that I can NEVER go back to eating like that. Sure, I can have one meal or maybe one day, but if I'm to keep the weight off for good, I have to leave that way of eating and dealing with food and alcohol behind. And it feels hard. I used to think that some people were lucky and could eat or drink what they want, not gain weight but I have finally faced the fact that while there are degrees, sure, no one can eat and drink what they want and not bear the consequences. One myth finally destroyed for me.

Been on plan the whole time, been buying a head of romaine and a bunch of celery and munching on that. And struggling.

Thanks for listening.
Good for you for staying OP even though there are temptations and thank you for your honesty. I totally empathize, and I agree with Tuscany that it is sort of like mourning a certain lifestyle. I feel the same way lots of times - that I will miss the foods I used to love eating. Not that I can't ever have them again, but I know I can never go back to just eating/drinking whatever and whenever I want to. I too hope to keep getting stronger throughout this process so I'll be able to handle a permanent lifestyle change!
lighthouse101 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #312  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14
 
ecdcslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 210

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Default

CLBOTT, MidgieMoon, thanks for your kind words, it helps.



"First, congratulations on your 100% and, yes, it can be hard. But the pleasure of putting something delicious and off plan in your mouth maylead to lots of unpleasant moments later - added weight, guilt, regret, remorse, or sliding off.

We HAVE EATEN everything delicious already in our lifetime! We know what these things taste like and that has gotten us where we are.

It does not mean that you have to give up everything forever. You need to get to that healthy place first, then carefully plan when, where, and how you will choose to celebrate. That will make it all the sweeter.

We are all here, so just hang in there and vent, cry, whine here - it is OK
"
schenectady yes, this is the thing, feel like I have to give up 'the way of eatting' forever, not the food/wine. Tuscany & Lighthouse101 - , you're both spot on, it is mourning.

I feel very lucky to have such good company on this journey, thanks for all your support.
ecdcslim is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #313  
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 937

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

ecdcslim - "mourning' is not at all a bad description of how it feels to look at all those things that we have enjoyed, that have bee special social occasions, great times eating, drinking wine with our DH, and realize we must curtail or plan those things now.

For me, I realize that sweet baked things have to be a thing of the past because I cannot handle them - I cannot stop and therefore, for me, I cannot start.

But I also remember how much better I feel in the past two months. I do not wake up regretting what I ate because my body is not hung over, sluggish and complaining about the sugar overload. I have more spring to my step and I can look in the mirror knowing that I am doing a good thing for me, my family and my sweet kids (those young men of mine would kill if they heard that word applied to them)!

But these things can still in our life at times, we just need to plan and think about it more than maybe we did in the past. Maybe that is what it is all about, being reflective and thoughtful about our food and then making up our minds how to handle it for that given occasion?
schenectady is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #314  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14
 
ecdcslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 210

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
ecdcslim - "mourning' is not at all a bad description of how it feels to look at all those things that we have enjoyed, that have bee special social occasions, great times eating, drinking wine with our DH, and realize we must curtail or plan those things now.

For me, I realize that sweet baked things have to be a thing of the past because I cannot handle them - I cannot stop and therefore, for me, I cannot start.

But I also remember how much better I feel in the past two months. I do not wake up regretting what I ate because my body is not hung over, sluggish and complaining about the sugar overload. I have more spring to my step and I can look in the mirror knowing that I am doing a good thing for me, my family and my sweet kids (those young men of mine would kill if they heard that word applied to them)!

But these things can still in our life at times, we just need to plan and think about it more than maybe we did in the past. Maybe that is what it is all about, being reflective and thoughtful about our food and then making up our minds how to handle it for that given occasion?
I guess for me, looking at the food and drink that's being ordered and served, the QUANTITY of it all and knowing, that's how I got here. If I hadn' been on IP, I would've eaten massive quantities of food and drunk a lot, 3 glasses of wine, a martini before dinner, etc. I eat 8 ozs of grilled swordfish, and a large helping of brocolli and that seems sufficient from a quantity perspective. Then I watch my DH eat steamed clams, 3 rolls with butter, a piece of panko-crusted sea bass over grilled zuchini and truffle mashed potatoes, 2 glasses of wine, and I'm stunned at the QUANTITY of the food - cause I know I wouldn't think twice about eating that exact same meal and feeling rightous about it. I would have considered that ok, probably would have had one roll and would've only had a few forkfuls of the potatoes. But no way would I have thought it was too much and that it would put weight on me. Talk about seeing the light. And I loved eating that way, so I am mourning. BUT, I love going to bed and not feeling bloated, I love getting up and feeling refreshed, I love knowing every morning that everything I've worn over the last 4 weeks will DEFINITELY fit, and may be a little looser. And so I'm mourning but I'm also rejoicing and trying to turn that corner in my mind. I know that I have to turn that corner and put that way of eating and being around food firmly behind me or I'll just be back right where I started and all of this was for nothing. It is a journey, that's for sure.

Thanks guys, appreciate all the love and support.
ecdcslim is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #315  
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 937

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
I guess for me, looking at the food and drink that's being ordered and served, the QUANTITY of it all and knowing, that's how I got here. If I hadn' been on IP, I would've eaten massive quantities of food and drunk a lot, 3 glasses of wine, a martini before dinner, etc. I eat 8 ozs of grilled swordfish, and a large helping of brocolli and that seems sufficient from a quantity perspective. Then I watch my DH eat steamed clams, 3 rolls with butter, a piece of panko-crusted sea bass over grilled zuchini and truffle mashed potatoes, 2 glasses of wine, and I'm stunned at the QUANTITY of the food - cause I know I wouldn't think twice about eating that exact same meal and feeling rightous about it. I would have considered that ok, probably would have had one roll and would've only had a few forkfuls of the potatoes. But no way would I have thought it was too much and that it would put weight on me. Talk about seeing the light.
I love reading your description because that is the same situation in which I used to find myself, particularly when I was eating out with my husband, often on business. "oh, someone else is paying, so I HAVE to try this" or "an unlimited buffet, I have to make sure to eat everything I want so I get a good deal on what I paid for". Crazy, huh?

It has been since I have been on IP that my eyes have opened as to how much I was actually consuming, often not even being aware of it. Now I watch my husband and other businessmen and I am aghast at the amounts and the unhealthy aspects of it all.

So I guess I have become like one of those reformed smokers who all of a sudden becomes very holy about it all...I try to keep that quiet, though, because it makes a person very unpopular.

Stick to your quiet guns and remember how nice you said it is to wake up feeling whole and clean and unbloated!
schenectady is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who started IP in August 2013? Let's support each other! slownsteady Ideal Protein Diet 479 09-22-2013 09:55 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.