Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
In reading this, I realized what I find so intoxicating being on IP - BEING IN CONTROL! I mean that in every aspect - control of my emotions, control over the environment where I am eating (restaurant, someone's house), control of my thoughts and how I react to people who might break my being 100%.

Yes, I am someone who has always loved control but it has always been lacking in the one area - my health. I was so focused, so organized in every other aspect of my life, my pea brain thought I could let go in just one area.....

So now I feel a little high when I go into a very high class restaurant and can read the menu, scope out what I can have, think how I am going to ask for what I need, and succeed.

It is almost as good walking out of the restaurant knowing I WON as it used to be walking out after a really good meal. Real, real close!
Whoa!! Hear you and ditto on the control stuff...well said...and hooray for us for what changes we are making and have made concerning ourselves. No good to our loved ones if we haven't practiced what we preach...and are not around.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #257  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, Augusters!

It is almost time for some football! Having people over for the first time since starting IP- we've gone out, but not hosted any events. Today, friends are coming over to watch the game. Hubby has a brisket in the smoker and chicken kabobs for the grill, in addition to a cuke salad and other veggies. Also making some baked beans for the guests. Fingers crossed that we can do well! (We are both OP.)

WI #7 was this morning. I am down a few more pounds to 162, for a total of 24 pounds so far. Yay!

Have a great day!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Rockabillygirl: I have the 20oz Oster personal blender and love it!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 10-06-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
In reading this, I realized what I find so intoxicating being on IP - BEING IN CONTROL! I mean that in every aspect - control of my emotions, control over the environment where I am eating (restaurant, someone's house), control of my thoughts and how I react to people who might break my being 100%.

Yes, I am someone who has always loved control but it has always been lacking in the one area - my health. I was so focused, so organized in every other aspect of my life, my pea brain thought I could let go in just one area.....

So now I feel a little high when I go into a very high class restaurant and can read the menu, scope out what I can have, think how I am going to ask for what I need, and succeed.

It is almost as good walking out of the restaurant knowing I WON as it used to be walking out after a really good meal. Real, real close!
Your post hit so close to home. I am someone who is in control too and my health has always lagged behind the other areas of my life. I have taken control of that due to IP and I am not letting it go.
Congrats on your success.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:50 AM   #260  
IP Start date Aug.11,2013

S/C/G: 291.8/258.8/180

So I had my WI 8 on Saturday and was down 3 more pounds and 2 inches for a total of 33 pounds and 23 inches!! So relieved after having a crazy schedule last week and having to have all my veggies with dinner most nights. Thankfully I'm back to my regular schedule this week looking forward to an easier OP week!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #261  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesandybeaches View Post
So I had my WI 8 on Saturday and was down 3 more pounds and 2 inches for a total of 33 pounds and 23 inches!!
Wow! Great job!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Monday Morning Everyone!! Made the zucchini muffins over the weekend (used Banana Pudding mix and added some Nutmeg) and they were pretty good! I thought at first I must have made them wrong because there was barely any 'batter' - it was like spooning sticky zucchini into the cups - and I ended up adding nearly 10 min to the baking time to even make them a touch browned on top, but they ended up pretty tasty! Kind of a soufflé consistency. Does this sound right? (still thinking I might have done something wrong!)

Have a great day, everyone!!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #262  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Good morning, Augusters!

It is almost time for some football! Having people over for the first time since starting IP- we've gone out, but not hosted any events. Today, friends are coming over to watch the game. Hubby has a brisket in the smoker and chicken kabobs for the grill, in addition to a cuke salad and other veggies. Also making some baked beans for the guests. Fingers crossed that we can do well! (We are both OP.)

WI #7 was this morning. I am down a few more pounds to 162, for a total of 24 pounds so far. Yay!

Have a great day!
It's great that you were in control of the menu and had lots of OP options. I am a football fanatic and love when the season starts. Unfortunately, I don't get to see my team unless we go to a sports bar or grill, so it is challenging sitting there while everyone drinks beer and munches on appetizers for several hours, but it is totally doable.

I notice our stats are very similar. I started May 13th and lost 50 lbs as of September 30th. I am down another 2 lbs and have started to phase off. You will definitely hit your goal weight before you know it. I know this is an individual journey, but I was always looking at other's stats to get an idea of how long it might take me to lose the weight. Plus, it is encouraging to see that others have done well at this, and it is possible. I am excited to see your progress!

Have a great OP day!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #263  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi Augusters! got my weight tracker, very excited.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #264  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Ok, doesn't look like I'm doing it right. Let's see if the signature shows up now.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

My WI this morning was great. 3.2 lbs and 3.5 ". My old coach never measured me so I am not sure how many inches I lost.

I hope everyone has a great OP day. I am loving life
Old 10-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Loving Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
I hope everyone has a great OP day. I am loving life
I like that comment about loving life! Although I am very content in my life with my husband and three children, I was not always loving my PERSONAL life. Always waking up in the morning, hating myself for not being able to control my weight, mad at whatever I ate the day before, bemoaning my ability to direct my life.

That has not been the case on IP - I wake up deciding what I am going to do to be a more bit active, looking forward to the day, playing mind games with myself about what clothes in my closet might fit and what I can shuffle off down to the thrift store because they no longer fit.

I wear makeup, care about what clothes I have on (since now I have a choice of more than one), I have more energy, I smile more and do not let myself feel down about anything.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
I like that comment about loving life! Although I am very content in my life with my husband and three children, - I was not always loving my PERSONAL life. Always waking up in the morning, hating myself for not being able to control my weight, mad at whatever I ate the day before, bemoaning my ability to direct my life.

That has not been the case on IP I wake up deciding what I am going to do to be a more bit active, looking forward to the day, playing mind games with myself about what clothes in my closet might fit and what I can shuffle off down to the thrift store because they no longer fit.

I wear makeup, care about what clothes I have on (since now I have a choice of more than one), I have more energy, I smile more and do not let myself feel down about anything.
Now that describes a good day!!
Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #268  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Weigh In #6

Hi Lovely Augusters!!!

I had my 6th WI today and I'm down another 4.6lbs AND it's my TOM!!!! I won't have another weigh in until the end of the month as I'm off on vacation for two weeks (good lord I need it!). I got my food packs and supplements plus some restricteds too so I should be fine.

Congrats on all the losses and NSVs! Keep up the good work all.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #269  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Ok, doesn't look like I'm doing it right. Let's see if the signature shows up now.
Shows up great now, congrats on getting it. It always makes me smile to look at mine.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #270  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well fall is in the air here in NOLA.
As wonderful as it feels outside and I love it , my sinuses aren't so happy. I am fighting a killer pressure headache.
I had the Broc n cheese soup for lunch today with a cup of cucumbers and my shake for breakfast but I have been fighting hunger all day! Its seems so strange to feel hungry these days LOL. I keep reminding myself, its okay to be hungry once in a while. Tonight for dinner I'm going to have a chicken breast with some cauliflower. Not exciting but it will do the job

Great comments about loving life! That's the way to keep the inspiration flowing.
Closed Thread