3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #181
Restart - June17/15
 
Clarington45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 326

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Default

Happy Wednesday, Congrats to everyone on your losses.. this week was more challenging for me, a weekend away, 2 days of conferences and one gala dinner.. with no choices of foods.. ughh was tough, I did the very best I could.. and didn't eat much but even the salad was pre-dressed, and only 2 % milk for tea or coffee.. tomorrow is my weigh in and I think I will stay the same, I am so glad I have no events coming up my next week so will be able to control all of my eating without making a specatable of myself.

Have a great day everyone.
__________________
Clarington45 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #182
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Good morning all. Ive Ben up for two hours because of a storm. My female pit bull is terrified of thunder so I had to get up and hold her. It's gonna be a long day. Have a meeting for work at 5 pm and a college seminar with my daughter at 7. By then I'm sure all I'll want to do is curl up and sleep! Hope everyone has a good OP day
__________________
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #183
Started IP Aug 19, 2013
 
slownsteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 292

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraliss View Post
just started WK 7. And just joined 3fatchicks. Looking for more motivation and weight loss buddies. I don't know anyone on IP aside from you all online.
Welcome! You came to the right place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi all, just go into my hotel. I was on a plane right in the middle of dinner hour, was in a panic when I realized that was going to happen. Ran home before I hit the airport, defrosted 8 oz of shrimp,threw them in a gallon ziplock with romaine, cucumbers, cauliflower, EVOO and lemon juice. When I got to the airport, I grabbed a knife and fork from Dunkin Donuts. I sat on that plane and ate my OP dinner out of a gallon ziplock!!! Yep, got some weird looks, but have to say, I feel great!!!
Now that's commitment!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Happy Wednesday, Congrats to everyone on your losses.. this week was more challenging for me, a weekend away, 2 days of conferences and one gala dinner.. with no choices of foods.. ughh was tough, I did the very best I could..
Your very best is all that is expected and sounds like you did GREAT! While 100% OP is our obvious goal, sometimes circumstances are thrown our way, and while we may not be able to stay 100% OP, we do the very best we can. If you consider how you would have eaten at these conferences and gala dinners 'Pre-IP', you'll realize how you handled it was something to be very proud of!

Good Morning Everyone!!

I find myself wondering when everyone started IP. The "Join" date that defaults I believe is when you first joined the forum, not when you joined IP, so you can't tell by that. At one time or another, most if not all of us have mentioned our start dates in our posts, so it's not a secret - and they eventually get 'lost' in all the posts. I have a thought - and of course is up to you if it's something you want to do or not. In Edit Profile, change your title from the default "Junior Member" (or whatever) to instead display the date you started IP by placing this in the "Custom Title" - similar to how I and several others have ours. If you want to include Junior/Senior Member in your title, just type that into the Custom Title, followed by your IP start date. Again, just an option to be aware of, if you'd like to do that. I just find it interesting, and helpful, to see the different start dates. Everyone is doing so well, it's encouraging and motivating to see some of the Senior Members who have been so incredibly successful, and project ahead and see where I CAN be as long as I stick with the program!! The only thing that makes me hesitate to suggest this, is that I don't want Junior Members to compare themselves to others who started around the same time and feel discouraged if your loss is not at the rate of another's. PLEASE don't compare! This is YOUR journey, YOUR body, and you will loses at YOUR rate! My hope is that it will be motivating, not discouraging!!

Have a great day everyone!!
__________________
........Half-way to goal = 37 lbs........
.................

Last edited by slownsteady; 10-02-2013 at 08:01 AM.
slownsteady is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #184
support, not criticism
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: It's Canada Baby!
Posts: 64

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Good Morning August IPers,

I can't believe it will be 2 months on IP next week. It's gone very fast - I don't know what happened to September!

I'm in a bit of a fall clean-out frenzy right now. It started when I went through my clothes and has carried onto the kids playroom and dh doesnt know it but his closet is next!

Have a great day everyone.
__________________


Start IP Aug 11/13 219
Mini-goal #1 - ONEderland MET Sep 14/13!!
Mini-goal #2 - 190 by vacation on Oct 13 Close... 191 on Oct 13
Mini-goal #3 - 42 lost by 42
shannonhs is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #185
IP start 8/15/13
 
MsKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Outwest
Posts: 60

S/C/G: 244/211/195

Height: 5'7

Default

HAppy Hump Day! Just a shout out to "slownsteady" for all the encouragement you give this thread. Love reading your posts. Hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday.
__________________
url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]
MsKitty is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #186
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49
 
Tuscany123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 251

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post

I find myself wondering when everyone started IP. The "Join" date that defaults I believe is when you first joined the forum, not when you joined IP, so you can't tell by that. At one time or another, most if not all of us have mentioned our start dates in our posts, so it's not a secret - and they eventually get 'lost' in all the posts. I have a thought - and of course is up to you if it's something you want to do or not. In Edit Profile, change your title from the default "Junior Member" (or whatever) to instead display the date you started IP by placing this in the "Custom Title" - similar to how I and several others have ours. If you want to include Junior/Senior Member in your title, just type that into the Custom Title, followed by your IP start date. Again, just an option to be aware of, if you'd like to do that. I just find it interesting, and helpful, to see the different start dates. Everyone is doing so well, it's encouraging and motivating to see some of the Senior Members who have been so incredibly successful, and project ahead and see where I CAN be as long as I stick with the program!! The only thing that makes me hesitate to suggest this, is that I don't want Junior Members to compare themselves to others who started around the same time and feel discouraged if your loss is not at the rate of another's. PLEASE don't compare! This is YOUR journey, YOUR body, and you will loses at YOUR rate! My hope is that it will be motivating, not discouraging!!

Have a great day everyone!!
That was a great idea and I did it. I already had put my start date in my siggy but now I added it to my profile like you suggested.
__________________



One for every 5 gone!!
Tuscany123 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #187
Started IP 8/22/13
 
Rockabillygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 77

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

It sounds like everyone is doing great! I have WI #6 tomorrow. I've been 100% except for one day when I was about 15 oz. short on getting in all my water, so hopefully that won't matter. I never know what to expect!

Here's a silly NSV -- I have way too many pairs of undies, but for months I had about 8 pairs I preferred to wear because they were bigger than the others. So I'd have to make sure I grabbed one of the "right" pairs every day. Now I can just reach into the drawer and grab any pair I want and they fit fine! Actually some of them are a bit baggy.

Okay, time to go stir fry something!

Have a great evening, everyone.
__________________
Rockabillygirl is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #188
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post

Here's a silly NSV -- I have way too many pairs of undies, but for months I had about 8 pairs I preferred to wear because they were bigger than the others. So I'd have to make sure I grabbed one of the "right" pairs every day. Now I can just reach into the drawer and grab any pair I want and they fit fine! Actually some of them are a bit baggy.



Have a great evening, everyone.
I love it! I just did a huge clean out of my undie drawer! some where way baggy and if I wore them they would bunch. Nobody wants their panties in a bunch!
__________________
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #189
Member
 
MidgieMoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 98

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default

Hi All, I am back after a business trip! I made mostly good choices, and the company I was visiting made sure I had salad for lunch every day. Trust all of you are well, staying P, and seeing results. Have a great night!
__________________
MidgieMoon is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #190
IP start date: 2/8/2013
 
jmanovich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 140

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Default

Hi my fellow August friends...

I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I have been reading. I have read through so many successful WIs and NSVs! Congrats to everyone, I am so happy for you all!

Me, however...I have been struggling in silence. Ever since I went on my darn vacation to California from Sept 15-22nd! Being the newbie that I am- I though oh no problem- go off for a week and then right back to P1! HA! Not so easy. I have been finding it oh so difficult. One cheat leads to the next...to the next to the next and so on. I find I am so good for breakfast and dinner, and then my suppers and after supper snacking have been derailing me. Now, I am not talking like going all out eating whatever I want- just small things, small things that are adding up to the scale not moving! GRRRR. So here is a brief history of how I have gotten to where I am:

Started IP Aug 2nd. I had fantastic WIs and inch losses (23.4 lbs and 20 inches to be exact!) up until Sept 10th -ish. I went from 230.4lbs to 207lbs. Then I did a quick phase off for vacation- 5 days P2, 5 days P3. Ate completely off program (breakfasts were low carb- dinner and supper not so much!) for 7 days...came home from vacation and stepped on the scale -217lbs. TEN POUNDS. OMG. TOM as well but still! So I went right back to P1, or so called P1 with many little cheats. I have dropped back down to 209. Holding steady for the past several days. I just need to find the strength and the willpower to stay OP for entire days with no cheats. I want to see onderland- I am oh so close. I have not gone for a official WI at my clinic since before my week off as I told myself I didn't want to until I was back down to my "pre-trip" weight. But I am thinking maybe I should........might do me some good. I am feeling like a failure right now. I want to get back to the "roll" I was on. I don't want to give up! I am even tossing around the idea of maybe going to the alternative plan for a while??? Thanks for listening everyone. Felt good to get it all laid out on the table! I also know that many of you will be thinking "good for you, you deserve it" because I know my "modifying the plan" has caused some controversies on here in the past....but the modifying was working for me then- but not so much now...I guess I am answering my own question really- I must change to 100% OP. I am just not sure I can do it, and that's what I want help with! Lisa- maybe you have some advice? I know we haven't seen eye to eye...but I am dying here!
__________________




IP start date - Aug 2, 2013 - 230.4lbs
IP end date- Nov 2, 2013- 206lbs (24.4lb loss)

Reboot Jan 2, 2014- 215lbs
Goal #1- below 200lbs Goal #2- lose another 24lbs (191lbs) by Feb 22nd (going to Mexico Feb 22-Mar 1)

Last edited by jmanovich; 10-02-2013 at 11:13 PM.
jmanovich is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #191
Senior Member
 
saskgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Regina
Posts: 167

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Hi my fellow August friends...

I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I have been reading. I have read through so many successful WIs and NSVs! Congrats to everyone, I am so happy for you all!

Me, however...I have been struggling in silence. Ever since I went on my darn vacation to California from Sept 15-22nd! Being the newbie that I am- I though oh no problem- go off for a week and then right back to P1! HA! Not so easy. I have been finding it oh so difficult. One cheat leads to the next...to the next to the next and so on. I find I am so good for breakfast and dinner, and then my suppers and after supper snacking have been derailing me. Now, I am not talking like going all out eating whatever I want- just small things, small things that are adding up to the scale not moving! GRRRR. So here is a brief history of how I have gotten to where I am:

Started IP Aug 2nd. I had fantastic WIs and inch losses (23.4 lbs and 20 inches to be exact!) up until Sept 10th -ish. I went from 230.4lbs to 207lbs. Then I did a quick phase off for vacation- 5 days P2, 5 days P3. Ate completely off program (breakfasts were low carb- dinner and supper not so much!) for 7 days...came home from vacation and stepped on the scale -217lbs. TEN POUNDS. OMG. TOM as well but still! So I went right back to P1, or so called P1 with many little cheats. I have dropped back down to 209. Holding steady for the past several days. I just need to find the strength and the willpower to stay OP for entire days with no cheats. I want to see onderland- I am oh so close. I have not gone for a official WI at my clinic since before my week off as I told myself I didn't want to until I was back down to my "pre-trip" weight. But I am thinking maybe I should........might do me some good. I am feeling like a failure right now. I want to get back to the "roll" I was on. I don't want to give up! I am even tossing around the idea of maybe going to the alternative plan for a while??? Thanks for listening everyone. Felt good to get it all laid out on the table! I also know that many of you will be thinking "good for you, you deserve it" because I know my "modifying the plan" has caused some controversies on here in the past....but the modifying was working for me then- but not so much now...I guess I am answering my own question really- I must change to 100% OP. I am just not sure I can do it, and that's what I want help with! Lisa- maybe you have some advice? I know we haven't seen eye to eye...but I am dying here!
You can do it! - but you have to give yourself up to being 100% committed

Take some advice from this ole lady - I have spent the last 10-20 yrs "cheating the system" and making exceptions on diets - it works for a while - but honestly, has gotten me nowhere
You DONT want to spend the next 20 yrs fighting the same 50lbs - trust me - and after 35-40 it gets twice as hard!

You are so close to being 100% - you just have to make yourself important enough to put in that exta 10% and trust the program - We all struggle very hard to stay on program - and it works so well when followed that it honestly scares the sh*t outta me to even stray a little

Hopefully you can find the strength inside yourself - use the motivation from here - give yourself up to the program and love yourself enough to do it right
__________________
saskgirl is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #192
IP Start date Aug.11,2013
 
whitesandybeaches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Washington state
Posts: 15

S/C/G: 291.8/258.8/180

Height: 5'5"

Default

Started ip aug 11th. As of this morning oct 2nd i am down 30 pounds and 21 inches! Some days have been rougher than others to stay op. Last week i only had 1 day at work where i got a lunch break. So i started bringing 2 shakes instead of a shake and soup, since i wasnt getting the time to heat it up and drink it. Now for missing the veggies at lunch ive been adding them to my veggies at dinner. My schedule has been all over the place too 10-6, 2- 10, and 5-1. My next WI is saturday and im going to discuss this with my coach reguardless of my start time im trying to eat around the same time everyday. My next goal is to be down to 245 by halloween. One day at a time....
__________________

You must first make the choice to take a chance if you want to make a change
whitesandybeaches is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #193
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesandybeaches View Post
Started ip aug 11th. As of this morning oct 2nd i am down 30 pounds and 21 inches! Some days have been rougher than others to stay op. Last week i only had 1 day at work where i got a lunch break. So i started bringing 2 shakes instead of a shake and soup, since i wasnt getting the time to heat it up and drink it. Now for missing the veggies at lunch ive been adding them to my veggies at dinner. My schedule has been all over the place too 10-6, 2- 10, and 5-1. My next WI is saturday and im going to discuss this with my coach reguardless of my start time im trying to eat around the same time everyday. My next goal is to be down to 245 by halloween. One day at a time....
Having all the veggies at dinner is what you DONT want.
It can spike insulin and slow losses.
Better to spread veggies out. Add spinach to a breakfast smoothie or take your soup with veggie purée in a thermos pre-heated (that's what I do)

Great job on your losses so far. I WILL caution you on having dates for weight loss goals. Our bodies and the scale can be very fickle. Set the goal but not the timetable. Although they occasionally happen on time, they ALWAYS happen when we are OP.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos


Last edited by lisa32989; 10-03-2013 at 08:07 AM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #194
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Hi my fellow August friends...

I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I have been reading. I have read through so many successful WIs and NSVs! Congrats to everyone, I am so happy for you all!

Me, however...I have been struggling in silence. Ever since I went on my darn vacation to California from Sept 15-22nd! Being the newbie that I am- I though oh no problem- go off for a week and then right back to P1! HA! Not so easy. I have been finding it oh so difficult. One cheat leads to the next...to the next to the next and so on. I find I am so good for breakfast and dinner, and then my suppers and after supper snacking have been derailing me. Now, I am not talking like going all out eating whatever I want- just small things, small things that are adding up to the scale not moving! GRRRR. So here is a brief history of how I have gotten to where I am:

Started IP Aug 2nd. I had fantastic WIs and inch losses (23.4 lbs and 20 inches to be exact!) up until Sept 10th -ish. I went from 230.4lbs to 207lbs. Then I did a quick phase off for vacation- 5 days P2, 5 days P3. Ate completely off program (breakfasts were low carb- dinner and supper not so much!) for 7 days...came home from vacation and stepped on the scale -217lbs. TEN POUNDS. OMG. TOM as well but still! So I went right back to P1, or so called P1 with many little cheats. I have dropped back down to 209. Holding steady for the past several days. I just need to find the strength and the willpower to stay OP for entire days with no cheats. I want to see onderland- I am oh so close. I have not gone for a official WI at my clinic since before my week off as I told myself I didn't want to until I was back down to my "pre-trip" weight. But I am thinking maybe I should........might do me some good. I am feeling like a failure right now. I want to get back to the "roll" I was on. I don't want to give up! I am even tossing around the idea of maybe going to the alternative plan for a while??? Thanks for listening everyone. Felt good to get it all laid out on the table! I also know that many of you will be thinking "good for you, you deserve it" because I know my "modifying the plan" has caused some controversies on here in the past....but the modifying was working for me then- but not so much now...I guess I am answering my own question really- I must change to 100% OP. I am just not sure I can do it, and that's what I want help with! Lisa- maybe you have some advice? I know we haven't seen eye to eye...but I am dying here!
The first thing I would expect is a very public apology, admitting to everyone the horrible things you said to me in a PM - or should I just copy/paste them? This was WAY more than just not seeing eye-to-eye, it was a very personal attack making me question mental stability.

And, no, I do not think the mean things you think -I do not wish horrible things on others. What I'm thinking is this: maybe another one is FINALLY willing to listen to voices of experience and reason. NOBODY deserves misery
.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #195
Started IP Aug 19, 2013
 
slownsteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 292

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Hi my fellow August friends...

I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I have been reading. I have read through so many successful WIs and NSVs! Congrats to everyone, I am so happy for you all!

Me, however...I have been struggling in silence. Ever since I went on my darn vacation to California from Sept 15-22nd! Being the newbie that I am- I though oh no problem- go off for a week and then right back to P1! HA! Not so easy. I have been finding it oh so difficult. One cheat leads to the next...to the next to the next and so on. ...I guess I am answering my own question really- I must change to 100% OP. I am just not sure I can do it, and that's what I want help with!....I am dying here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Ugh! My 7 days eating off plan during a vacation was the WORST thing to do! I am going to try my hardest to have a completely OP day tomorrow. I need to get back into ketosis...then the hunger will fade. Sending strength to all! We can do this. I keep telling myself that...I can and I FRIGGEN WILL! haha!
Jmanovich, first - welcome back to the 'fold' I can tell that you are really struggling. Admitting that maybe your 'newbie' over-confidence that you could set your own rules and had it all under control was a little......misdirected shall we say? ....is a big step in the right direction and shows a readiness to get serious. It takes a lot of guts to expose yourself to the inevitable "I told you so's" that are likely out there (and probably rightly so), and take responsibility for your past actions. I admire you for doing that. Now, let's move on! You are an Auguster, and there are NO DROPOUTS in our class!! It's not an option!!

OK, down to business!! You said it yourself: "I guess I am answering my own question really- I must change to 100% OP. I am just not sure I can do it". YES you CAN do it!! Let go of those doubts. This is where that fight in you, that obstinance, can be your friend! What I keep telling myself over and over is that, "If I just follow the program, resist making my own rules and follow someone else's (IP's) for a change, I WILL GET TO MY GOAL!!". It's not complicated. It's all laid out for us. All it takes is TRUST and COMMITTMENT. And basically, SURRENDER! Surrender yourself to IP. Follow it 100%, don't read anything into it, don't change it, don't question it, no more following your own rules (what I always think is....where did following my own rules get me in the past!!?? Time to give that up). Just DO IT!

Starting over is difficult, I'm sure. But, you did it once - so obviously you can do it again. It is all a mindset. In fact, get back on program 100% (in my humble opinion, I would say NO to going the alternate route right now - just suck it up and go 100% IP) and once you get over the hump and are really back following the program and successfully working toward your goal again, you can "pay it forward" like Lisa says, by using your own experience as a cautionary tale for newbies you see going down the same path you did. There are plenty of successful, senior members who went on vacation, enjoyed themselves, yet stayed OP the whole time. So, it definitely can be done, and you are here to tell others of the pitfalls of NOT doing this. After all, you will be the wise, Senior Member one day, and then YOU will be the one to help newbies needing sound advice to help them along the IP path.

OK.....Ready, Set, GO!! As of this minute, you are back 100% OP and that means 100%!! All day today, all day tomorrow, all day, every day......until you reach your goal and you can say "I DID IT!!!"
__________________
........Half-way to goal = 37 lbs........
.................

Last edited by slownsteady; 10-03-2013 at 08:37 AM.
slownsteady is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who started IP in August 2013? Let's support each other! slownsteady Ideal Protein Diet 479 09-22-2013 09:55 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2