Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #181  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Happy Wednesday, Congrats to everyone on your losses.. this week was more challenging for me, a weekend away, 2 days of conferences and one gala dinner.. with no choices of foods.. ughh was tough, I did the very best I could.. and didn't eat much but even the salad was pre-dressed, and only 2 % milk for tea or coffee.. tomorrow is my weigh in and I think I will stay the same, I am so glad I have no events coming up my next week so will be able to control all of my eating without making a specatable of myself.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #182  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Good morning all. Ive Ben up for two hours because of a storm. My female pit bull is terrified of thunder so I had to get up and hold her. It's gonna be a long day. Have a meeting for work at 5 pm and a college seminar with my daughter at 7. By then I'm sure all I'll want to do is curl up and sleep! Hope everyone has a good OP day
Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #183  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraliss View Post
just started WK 7. And just joined 3fatchicks. Looking for more motivation and weight loss buddies. I don't know anyone on IP aside from you all online.
Welcome! You came to the right place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi all, just go into my hotel. I was on a plane right in the middle of dinner hour, was in a panic when I realized that was going to happen. Ran home before I hit the airport, defrosted 8 oz of shrimp,threw them in a gallon ziplock with romaine, cucumbers, cauliflower, EVOO and lemon juice. When I got to the airport, I grabbed a knife and fork from Dunkin Donuts. I sat on that plane and ate my OP dinner out of a gallon ziplock!!! Yep, got some weird looks, but have to say, I feel great!!!
Now that's commitment!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Happy Wednesday, Congrats to everyone on your losses.. this week was more challenging for me, a weekend away, 2 days of conferences and one gala dinner.. with no choices of foods.. ughh was tough, I did the very best I could..
Your very best is all that is expected and sounds like you did GREAT! While 100% OP is our obvious goal, sometimes circumstances are thrown our way, and while we may not be able to stay 100% OP, we do the very best we can. If you consider how you would have eaten at these conferences and gala dinners 'Pre-IP', you'll realize how you handled it was something to be very proud of!

Good Morning Everyone!!

I find myself wondering when everyone started IP. The "Join" date that defaults I believe is when you first joined the forum, not when you joined IP, so you can't tell by that. At one time or another, most if not all of us have mentioned our start dates in our posts, so it's not a secret - and they eventually get 'lost' in all the posts. I have a thought - and of course is up to you if it's something you want to do or not. In Edit Profile, change your title from the default "Junior Member" (or whatever) to instead display the date you started IP by placing this in the "Custom Title" - similar to how I and several others have ours. If you want to include Junior/Senior Member in your title, just type that into the Custom Title, followed by your IP start date. Again, just an option to be aware of, if you'd like to do that. I just find it interesting, and helpful, to see the different start dates. Everyone is doing so well, it's encouraging and motivating to see some of the Senior Members who have been so incredibly successful, and project ahead and see where I CAN be as long as I stick with the program!! The only thing that makes me hesitate to suggest this, is that I don't want Junior Members to compare themselves to others who started around the same time and feel discouraged if your loss is not at the rate of another's. PLEASE don't compare! This is YOUR journey, YOUR body, and you will loses at YOUR rate! My hope is that it will be motivating, not discouraging!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by slownsteady; 10-02-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #184  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning August IPers,

I can't believe it will be 2 months on IP next week. It's gone very fast - I don't know what happened to September!

I'm in a bit of a fall clean-out frenzy right now. It started when I went through my clothes and has carried onto the kids playroom and dh doesnt know it but his closet is next!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #185  
IP start 8/15/13

S/C/G: 244/211/195

Height: 5'7

HAppy Hump Day! Just a shout out to "slownsteady" for all the encouragement you give this thread. Love reading your posts. Hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #186  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post

I find myself wondering when everyone started IP. The "Join" date that defaults I believe is when you first joined the forum, not when you joined IP, so you can't tell by that. At one time or another, most if not all of us have mentioned our start dates in our posts, so it's not a secret - and they eventually get 'lost' in all the posts. I have a thought - and of course is up to you if it's something you want to do or not. In Edit Profile, change your title from the default "Junior Member" (or whatever) to instead display the date you started IP by placing this in the "Custom Title" - similar to how I and several others have ours. If you want to include Junior/Senior Member in your title, just type that into the Custom Title, followed by your IP start date. Again, just an option to be aware of, if you'd like to do that. I just find it interesting, and helpful, to see the different start dates. Everyone is doing so well, it's encouraging and motivating to see some of the Senior Members who have been so incredibly successful, and project ahead and see where I CAN be as long as I stick with the program!! The only thing that makes me hesitate to suggest this, is that I don't want Junior Members to compare themselves to others who started around the same time and feel discouraged if your loss is not at the rate of another's. PLEASE don't compare! This is YOUR journey, YOUR body, and you will loses at YOUR rate! My hope is that it will be motivating, not discouraging!!

Have a great day everyone!!
That was a great idea and I did it. I already had put my start date in my siggy but now I added it to my profile like you suggested.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #187  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

It sounds like everyone is doing great! I have WI #6 tomorrow. I've been 100% except for one day when I was about 15 oz. short on getting in all my water, so hopefully that won't matter. I never know what to expect!

Here's a silly NSV -- I have way too many pairs of undies, but for months I had about 8 pairs I preferred to wear because they were bigger than the others. So I'd have to make sure I grabbed one of the "right" pairs every day. Now I can just reach into the drawer and grab any pair I want and they fit fine! Actually some of them are a bit baggy.

Okay, time to go stir fry something!

Have a great evening, everyone.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #188  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post

Here's a silly NSV -- I have way too many pairs of undies, but for months I had about 8 pairs I preferred to wear because they were bigger than the others. So I'd have to make sure I grabbed one of the "right" pairs every day. Now I can just reach into the drawer and grab any pair I want and they fit fine! Actually some of them are a bit baggy.

Have a great evening, everyone.
I love it! I just did a huge clean out of my undie drawer! some where way baggy and if I wore them they would bunch. Nobody wants their panties in a bunch!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi All, I am back after a business trip! I made mostly good choices, and the company I was visiting made sure I had salad for lunch every day. Trust all of you are well, staying P, and seeing results. Have a great night!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #190  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Hi my fellow August friends...

I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I have been reading. I have read through so many successful WIs and NSVs! Congrats to everyone, I am so happy for you all!

Me, however...I have been struggling in silence. Ever since I went on my darn vacation to California from Sept 15-22nd! Being the newbie that I am- I though oh no problem- go off for a week and then right back to P1! HA! Not so easy. I have been finding it oh so difficult. One cheat leads to the next...to the next to the next and so on. I find I am so good for breakfast and dinner, and then my suppers and after supper snacking have been derailing me. Now, I am not talking like going all out eating whatever I want- just small things, small things that are adding up to the scale not moving! GRRRR. So here is a brief history of how I have gotten to where I am:

Started IP Aug 2nd. I had fantastic WIs and inch losses (23.4 lbs and 20 inches to be exact!) up until Sept 10th -ish. I went from 230.4lbs to 207lbs. Then I did a quick phase off for vacation- 5 days P2, 5 days P3. Ate completely off program (breakfasts were low carb- dinner and supper not so much!) for 7 days...came home from vacation and stepped on the scale -217lbs. TEN POUNDS. OMG. TOM as well but still! So I went right back to P1, or so called P1 with many little cheats. I have dropped back down to 209. Holding steady for the past several days. I just need to find the strength and the willpower to stay OP for entire days with no cheats. I want to see onderland- I am oh so close. I have not gone for a official WI at my clinic since before my week off as I told myself I didn't want to until I was back down to my "pre-trip" weight. But I am thinking maybe I should........might do me some good. I am feeling like a failure right now. I want to get back to the "roll" I was on. I don't want to give up! I am even tossing around the idea of maybe going to the alternative plan for a while??? Thanks for listening everyone. Felt good to get it all laid out on the table! I also know that many of you will be thinking "good for you, you deserve it" because I know my "modifying the plan" has caused some controversies on here in the past....but the modifying was working for me then- but not so much now...I guess I am answering my own question really- I must change to 100% OP. I am just not sure I can do it, and that's what I want help with! Lisa- maybe you have some advice? I know we haven't seen eye to eye...but I am dying here!

Last edited by jmanovich; 10-02-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post

I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I have been reading. I have read through so many successful WIs and NSVs! Congrats to everyone, I am so happy for you all!

Me, however...I have been struggling in silence. Ever since I went on my darn vacation to California from Sept 15-22nd! Being the newbie that I am- I though oh no problem- go off for a week and then right back to P1! HA! Not so easy. I have been finding it oh so difficult. One cheat leads to the next...to the next to the next and so on. I find I am so good for breakfast and dinner, and then my suppers and after supper snacking have been derailing me. Now, I am not talking like going all out eating whatever I want- just small things, small things that are adding up to the scale not moving! GRRRR. So here is a brief history of how I have gotten to where I am:

Started IP Aug 2nd. I had fantastic WIs and inch losses (23.4 lbs and 20 inches to be exact!) up until Sept 10th -ish. I went from 230.4lbs to 207lbs. Then I did a quick phase off for vacation- 5 days P2, 5 days P3. Ate completely off program (breakfasts were low carb- dinner and supper not so much!) for 7 days...came home from vacation and stepped on the scale -217lbs. TEN POUNDS. OMG. TOM as well but still! So I went right back to P1, or so called P1 with many little cheats. I have dropped back down to 209. Holding steady for the past several days. I just need to find the strength and the willpower to stay OP for entire days with no cheats. I want to see onderland- I am oh so close. I have not gone for a official WI at my clinic since before my week off as I told myself I didn't want to until I was back down to my "pre-trip" weight. But I am thinking maybe I should........might do me some good. I am feeling like a failure right now. I want to get back to the "roll" I was on. I don't want to give up! I am even tossing around the idea of maybe going to the alternative plan for a while??? Thanks for listening everyone. Felt good to get it all laid out on the table! I also know that many of you will be thinking "good for you, you deserve it" because I know my "modifying the plan" has caused some controversies on here in the past....but the modifying was working for me then- but not so much now...I guess I am answering my own question really- I must change to 100% OP. I am just not sure I can do it, and that's what I want help with! Lisa- maybe you have some advice? I know we haven't seen eye to eye...but I am dying here!
You can do it! - but you have to give yourself up to being 100% committed

Take some advice from this ole lady - I have spent the last 10-20 yrs "cheating the system" and making exceptions on diets - it works for a while - but honestly, has gotten me nowhere
You DONT want to spend the next 20 yrs fighting the same 50lbs - trust me - and after 35-40 it gets twice as hard!

You are so close to being 100% - you just have to make yourself important enough to put in that exta 10% and trust the program - We all struggle very hard to stay on program - and it works so well when followed that it honestly scares the sh*t outta me to even stray a little

Hopefully you can find the strength inside yourself - use the motivation from here - give yourself up to the program and love yourself enough to do it right
Old 10-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #192  
IP Start date Aug.11,2013

S/C/G: 291.8/258.8/180

Height: 5'5"

Started ip aug 11th. As of this morning oct 2nd i am down 30 pounds and 21 inches! Some days have been rougher than others to stay op. Last week i only had 1 day at work where i got a lunch break. So i started bringing 2 shakes instead of a shake and soup, since i wasnt getting the time to heat it up and drink it. Now for missing the veggies at lunch ive been adding them to my veggies at dinner. My schedule has been all over the place too 10-6, 2- 10, and 5-1. My next WI is saturday and im going to discuss this with my coach reguardless of my start time im trying to eat around the same time everyday. My next goal is to be down to 245 by halloween. One day at a time....
Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #193  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesandybeaches View Post
Started ip aug 11th. As of this morning oct 2nd i am down 30 pounds and 21 inches! Some days have been rougher than others to stay op. Last week i only had 1 day at work where i got a lunch break. So i started bringing 2 shakes instead of a shake and soup, since i wasnt getting the time to heat it up and drink it. Now for missing the veggies at lunch ive been adding them to my veggies at dinner. My schedule has been all over the place too 10-6, 2- 10, and 5-1. My next WI is saturday and im going to discuss this with my coach reguardless of my start time im trying to eat around the same time everyday. My next goal is to be down to 245 by halloween. One day at a time....
Having all the veggies at dinner is what you DONT want.
It can spike insulin and slow losses.
Better to spread veggies out. Add spinach to a breakfast smoothie or take your soup with veggie purée in a thermos pre-heated (that's what I do)

Great job on your losses so far. I WILL caution you on having dates for weight loss goals. Our bodies and the scale can be very fickle. Set the goal but not the timetable. Although they occasionally happen on time, they ALWAYS happen when we are OP.

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-03-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #194  

Quote:

The first thing I would expect is a very public apology, admitting to everyone the horrible things you said to me in a PM - or should I just copy/paste them? This was WAY more than just not seeing eye-to-eye, it was a very personal attack making me question mental stability.

And, no, I do not think the mean things you think -I do not wish horrible things on others. What I'm thinking is this: maybe another one is FINALLY willing to listen to voices of experience and reason. NOBODY deserves misery
Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #195  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Me, however...I have been struggling in silence. Ever since I went on my darn vacation to California from Sept 15-22nd! Being the newbie that I am- I though oh no problem- go off for a week and then right back to P1! HA! Not so easy. I have been finding it oh so difficult. One cheat leads to the next...to the next to the next and so on. ...I guess I am answering my own question really- I must change to 100% OP. I am just not sure I can do it, and that's what I want help with!....I am dying here!
Quote:
Ugh! My 7 days eating off plan during a vacation was the WORST thing to do! I am going to try my hardest to have a completely OP day tomorrow. I need to get back into ketosis...then the hunger will fade. Sending strength to all! We can do this. I keep telling myself that...I can and I FRIGGEN WILL! haha!
Jmanovich, first - welcome back to the 'fold' I can tell that you are really struggling. Admitting that maybe your 'newbie' over-confidence that you could set your own rules and had it all under control was a little......misdirected shall we say? ....is a big step in the right direction and shows a readiness to get serious. It takes a lot of guts to expose yourself to the inevitable "I told you so's" that are likely out there (and probably rightly so), and take responsibility for your past actions. I admire you for doing that. Now, let's move on! You are an Auguster, and there are NO DROPOUTS in our class!! It's not an option!!

OK, down to business!! You said it yourself: "I guess I am answering my own question really- I must change to 100% OP. I am just not sure I can do it". YES you CAN do it!! Let go of those doubts. This is where that fight in you, that obstinance, can be your friend! What I keep telling myself over and over is that, "If I just follow the program, resist making my own rules and follow someone else's (IP's) for a change, I WILL GET TO MY GOAL!!". It's not complicated. It's all laid out for us. All it takes is TRUST and COMMITTMENT. And basically, SURRENDER! Surrender yourself to IP. Follow it 100%, don't read anything into it, don't change it, don't question it, no more following your own rules (what I always think is....where did following my own rules get me in the past!!?? Time to give that up). Just DO IT!

Starting over is difficult, I'm sure. But, you did it once - so obviously you can do it again. It is all a mindset. In fact, get back on program 100% (in my humble opinion, I would say NO to going the alternate route right now - just suck it up and go 100% IP) and once you get over the hump and are really back following the program and successfully working toward your goal again, you can "pay it forward" like Lisa says, by using your own experience as a cautionary tale for newbies you see going down the same path you did. There are plenty of successful, senior members who went on vacation, enjoyed themselves, yet stayed OP the whole time. So, it definitely can be done, and you are here to tell others of the pitfalls of NOT doing this. After all, you will be the wise, Senior Member one day, and then YOU will be the one to help newbies needing sound advice to help them along the IP path.

OK.....Ready, Set, GO!! As of this minute, you are back 100% OP and that means 100%!! All day today, all day tomorrow, all day, every day......until you reach your goal and you can say "I DID IT!!!"

Last edited by slownsteady; 10-03-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Closed Thread