Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 276/231/155

Height: 5"4.5

Morning all!!

I need advice. I don't know what to do. In less than 3 weeks I will be turning 40. I will be spending my birthday in Mexico with my family and friends for a week. It is an all inclusive 5 star resort and I am really looking forward to it! When I first started IP back in August, I had every intention of phasing off for my vacation and even my coach told me that vacations are not for dieting. Thing is, in the last month or so, I kept thinking how I was actually going to try to stay OP and I felt good about it....however, in the last week or so as the day fast approaches, I keep thinking of how nice it would be to float around the pool with a pina colada...and that although I don't need to eat and drink everything in sight for 7 days, I really want to enjoy every aspect of this vacation and that includes the mexican food and tropical drinks. I don't know what to do. Should I limit myself to a certain number of drinks per day and maybe limit myself to staying OP for 2 meals a day and eating what I want for the 3rd? I am scared if I go off plan I won't be able to find it in me to restart...but I have done so well that part of me thinks I will be able to get back on with no problem...I am so confused and I don't know what to do...I need to have a plan...and as of now, I have nothing except a plan that keeps changing every hour on the hour. HELP! I have weigh in tomorrow and I leave in a bit over 2 weeks so if I am going to phase off I need to tell my coach tomorrow!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #422  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautsmc View Post
Morning all!!

I need advice. I don't know what to do. In less than 3 weeks I will be turning 40. I will be spending my birthday in Mexico with my family and friends for a week. It is an all inclusive 5 star resort and I am really looking forward to it! When I first started IP back in August, I had every intention of phasing off for my vacation and even my coach told me that vacations are not for dieting. Thing is, in the last month or so, I kept thinking how I was actually going to try to stay OP and I felt good about it....however, in the last week or so as the day fast approaches, I keep thinking of how nice it would be to float around the pool with a pina colada...and that although I don't need to eat and drink everything in sight for 7 days, I really want to enjoy every aspect of this vacation and that includes the mexican food and tropical drinks. I don't know what to do. Should I limit myself to a certain number of drinks per day and maybe limit myself to staying OP for 2 meals a day and eating what I want for the 3rd? I am scared if I go off plan I won't be able to find it in me to restart...but I have done so well that part of me thinks I will be able to get back on with no problem...I am so confused and I don't know what to do...I need to have a plan...and as of now, I have nothing except a plan that keeps changing every hour on the hour. HELP! I have weigh in tomorrow and I leave in a bit over 2 weeks so if I am going to phase off I need to tell my coach tomorrow!
I am no expert, but I would recommend phasing off for your vacation. Don't just jump from Phase 1 to being off program. Eat sensibly during your trip, but indulge a bit if you want.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #423  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

I am facing the same thing! Going to the Bahamas with my sisters the first week in December. I was originally planning to phase off but have decided to stay on plan. I think it is a very personal decision. For me, I have come so far and am not at my goal yet and that is more important than the couple drinks and food would be. I am not a huge drinker anyway and have gotten so good at ordering out that I am looking forward to it and I know it is the right decision for me to stay 100% OP until I reach my goal. You know yourself and if you are thinking already that you might want to cheat, the best thing would be to phase off correctly before you go so that you don't end up feeling like crap on your vacation! Whatever you decide, have a great time!!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #424  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautsmc View Post
Morning all!!

Hi there, I am going through the same thing - have a cruise planned in just over a week and really went back and forth about whether or not to phase off or try to stay OP while I'm away. I decided to phase off so that I can enjoy a glass of wine now and then or some other off plan items. I've been 100% OP since starting 12 weeks ago so it was a tough decision because I don't want to set myself back or slow my progress. On the other hand, I think the week off will be good practice for maintenance and choices I'll need to make when I finish IP. I don't plan to go all out and eat everything in sight - everything in moderation and no stress about it for a week, then back to phase 1 immediately on my return.
For me, planning it this way will result in less guilt than if I went away intending to stay on plan and then ended up not being able to find enough OP foods or felt like I was cheating in any way. Now, I'm doing a mini phase off (1 week of phase 2 and 1 week of phase 3 as per my coach) and will be prepared to take a break for my week away.
There are others who have been on IP much much longer than me who have talked about diet fatigue, so I know my experience isn't quite the same as theirs, but I do sometimes get tired of it. I think the week break will be a good mental and physical break from the protocol and I fully intend to jump right back in to get my my goal. I know some find it hard to restart after a break, but there is no other option for me - the plan is working, I'm losing weight and have more to lose to reach my goal, so I WILL get right back to it. Maybe if you decide to take a break, thinking of getting back OP as being the only option might help you get restarted. We'll be here for you then too! As another poster mentioned, it's a personal choice whatever you decide, so do whatever you think will help you have the least stress on your vacay, whether staying OP or phasing off. Best!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

So, in regards to my abdomen issues I am still uncomfortable, but back on plan. My bloodwork came back just fine, and I had an ultrasound on Monday. Got a call today that I have to go back and have it repeated becuase of an "artifact" on my liver. Hopefully it is just a machine or scan issue and not an issue with my liver! They did say my gall bladder is ok, though... I am going for the ultrasound Friday morning and leaving for my scuba trip on Staturday, so I won't know the outcome until the 18th. I am determiend to enjoy the trip and not worry! Thanks for you support, gang!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #426  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

hey midgie enjoy your scuba trip! I am in the planning stages of one with a friend who is a master diver. We are heading down to the Grand Cayman I think. in the pricing stages now. SO excited I've got to re-certify soon. I love to dive.

Been a super productive day, excited for weigh in tomorrow since it looks like a big loss week. Im going to marinate a few chicken breast over night in the WF asian dressing and grilled them tomorrow. Then cut them up into small pieces. Hoping to satisfy my chicken wing craving. I LOVE mcdonals sweet and sour sauce and the asian dressing kinda mimics that for me.

Tonights dinner is IP friendly stuffed peppers and garlic cauliflower.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:57 AM   #427  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Whether to phase off for vacation is a personal decision but I think I would do what a couple of you have mentioned, allowing yourself one meal / few drinks off program a day..and not just go completely off.. we do have to enjoy life for these very special occasions.. I know I would want a few drinks anyway.. lol..

Good news, my first week back on track and I lost 5 lbs.. I think a lot was water retention but I will take it.. that was pretty much what I had gained back so back on track at least.. have a great day all..
Old 11-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #428  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Good news, my first week back on track and I lost 5 lbs.. I think a lot was water retention but I will take it.. that was pretty much what I had gained back so back on track at least.. have a great day all..
Clarington, I am in exactly the same position. Had a setback of 1 week off plan (and WAY off plan, the carb binge behavior returned), and now have been back 100% OP since Monday, so this is my 4th day in. I've also taken off all but 1 lb of the 7, yes 7, I gained back (agree, likely mostly water retention, but you still have to take it off to get back to where you were and start losing the fat again!). I'm hoping by the end of the weekend to be at LEAST back to where I was, and preferably even a little lower. Start back with my clinic weigh ins next week. So, it's good (in a way, at least for me!) to have a 'buddy' going through the same thing. Hated to admit that I 'strayed', but that's the truth and I have to face it and get back on the horse.......which I have! And it feels good.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #429  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Hey Augusters. I'm 1.2 lbs away from 40 lbs lost. It's totally baffling me. I'm so scared I'll wake up and it's all a dream!

Keep on truckin ya'll this is a life saving journey!

Last edited by nolasmurf; 11-07-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #430  
Restart - June17/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Clarington, I am in exactly the same position. Had a setback of 1 week off plan (and WAY off plan, the carb binge behavior returned), and now have been back 100% OP since Monday, so this is my 4th day in. I've also taken off all but 1 lb of the 7, yes 7, I gained back (agree, likely mostly water retention, but you still have to take it off to get back to where you were and start losing the fat again!). I'm hoping by the end of the weekend to be at LEAST back to where I was, and preferably even a little lower. Start back with my clinic weigh ins next week. So, it's good (in a way, at least for me!) to have a 'buddy' going through the same thing. Hated to admit that I 'strayed', but that's the truth and I have to face it and get back on the horse.......which I have! And it feels good.
Great job! I think we need to pat ourselves on the back they we are back OP and picked ourselves up again.. rather than waiting a lot longer.. I am asure this struggle is something we will have to facce our whole lives.. at least we know we can and not let it derail us for very long anyway
Old 11-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #431  
Restart - June17/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hey Augusters. I'm 1.2 lbs away from 40 lbs lost. It's totally baffling me. I'm so scared I'll wake up and it's all a dream!

WTG!! That is fantastic news
Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #432  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:

Congrats! And how true. Life-saving and life-changing.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #433  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Good for you Clarington and slowandsteady! Way to go for getting back on track and recommitting! It's a good inspiration for me, as my week away is coming up in another week and I will need to get back on the horse after that little break!

Quote:

Congrats!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #434  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I crossed the 40-lb. line today! Yippee!! I lost water only this week though -- no fat -- and I treated myself to a nonfat, sugar-free pumpkin spice latte on Halloween. My coach thinks that's enough to slow down the fat loss.

I have a friend coming to town next Thursday and we're going to see our favorite band at a club. That will be a challenge -- not just not drinking, but also not stopping for a Blizzard on the way home! (If anyone is wondering, the band is the Koffin Kats).

Okay, time to go cut up veggies for my stir fry! Have a great Friday, everyone!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #435  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Hi! I crossed the 40-lb. line today! Yippee!! I lost water only this week though -- no fat -- and I treated myself to a nonfat, sugar-free pumpkin spice latte on Halloween. My coach thinks that's enough to slow down the fat loss.

I have a friend coming to town next Thursday and we're going to see our favorite band at a club. That will be a challenge -- not just not drinking, but also not stopping for a Blizzard on the way home! (If anyone is wondering, the band is the Koffin Kats).

Okay, time to go cut up veggies for my stir fry! Have a great Friday, everyone!
Congrats! A great milestone!
Closed Thread