Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #346  
IP start: Aug 20, 2013

S/C/G: 238/202/160

Height: 5'5

I've been away from forum a few weeks and missed all the motivation... I was only down 1 lb last WI and need to get back to tracking my meals... I got lax on doing my journal and while not eating off plan I know I'm missing veggies and some days having 2 restricted due to convenience. I'm thinking of skipping my WI on Wednesday and use the week to get back on track.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #347  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Hi Everyone! Looks like everyone is doing very well! Way to go! Yesterday I almost thought I was going to end up 'straying' from being 100% but was able to overcome! I was SO hungry in the afternoon, I ended up having my usual 8 oz dinner protein all at lunch time, and most of my veggies (had a smoothie with spinach for breakfast). I REALLY had the urge to just keep eating (old pattern!) but ended up only having some dill and sugarfree (sucralose) bread and butter pickles to tide me over. Had another smoothie for dinner, then a cup of coffee and a bar for bedtime snack. Then went to bed a little earlier than usual. Whew! Made it without going off plan! Today I'm back to feeling under control. Will really be curious to see how much I've lost over these 3 weeks away from home with no weigh-ins. Feel like I've continued to lose, and hope that's the case, but we'll see in another week, when I get home! I'm just very happy I've been able to keep OP!! Truthfully, I will be happy with a pound or two, as long as it is a little lower than when I left!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #348  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalii99 View Post
I've been away from forum a few weeks and missed all the motivation... I was only down 1 lb last WI and need to get back to tracking my meals... I got lax on doing my journal and while not eating off plan I know I'm missing veggies and some days having 2 restricted due to convenience. I'm thinking of skipping my WI on Wednesday and use the week to get back on track.
Hi Kallii - Welcome back! I know what you mean about being away from the boards and the motivation. It helps to come to the forum and participate and/or read everyone's feedback and advice. Definitely go back to journaling and tracking your meals. Everyone is different and if you feel the need to skip this weigh in, you should. But, if you can go, perhaps that is what you need to get your ducks in a row and recommit; you know? Just a thought.

I wish you the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Hi Everyone! Looks like everyone is doing very well! Way to go! Yesterday I almost thought I was going to end up 'straying' from being 100% but was able to overcome! I was SO hungry in the afternoon, I ended up having my usual 8 oz dinner protein all at lunch time, and most of my veggies (had a smoothie with spinach for breakfast). I REALLY had the urge to just keep eating (old pattern!) but ended up only having some dill and sugarfree (sucralose) bread and butter pickles to tide me over. Had another smoothie for dinner, then a cup of coffee and a bar for bedtime snack. Then went to bed a little earlier than usual. Whew! Made it without going off plan! Today I'm back to feeling under control. Will really be curious to see how much I've lost over these 3 weeks away from home with no weigh-ins. Feel like I've continued to lose, and hope that's the case, but we'll see in another week, when I get home! I'm just very happy I've been able to keep OP!! Truthfully, I will be happy with a pound or two, as long as it is a little lower than when I left!
Hey Slownsteady - Yay, welcome back! It will be so interesting to see your progress on the scale after 3 weeks of no WI's. Good luck and know that you've got this. I have momentary lapses of feeling not in control (but I stay in control) and it's challenging fer sure. Then of course, after I muscle through the challenge, I am thankful that I kept my long term goals in front of me.

For instance, tonight I had dinner at a family friends house and she made homemade lasagna, bbq chicken, salad, asparagus, two different types of bread, homemade brownies and homemade sugar cookies decorated with a Halloween theme (for the kids). It was SO tough! I was salivating at each glance I took at the lasagna (with sausage; YUM). Instead, I went prepared and brought my boneless pork chop that I grilled up with some seasoning on top. Since the salad wasn't dressed, i dressed with lemon and evoo. THEN, when I came home, I made some pudding and a cup of tea. In retrospect, I'm very happy I didn't stray from OP but man, the lasagna and brownies looked deelish!

Good luck at your WI
Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Slow and steady

Hi all,
Down another 2.5 pounds this week. I think this was weigh in number 9 for me but I have lost track. Still 100% OP well maybe 99% since I had two slices of avacado on a salad this week! The program has become second nature to me and I am moving right along. Slow and steady....
Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #350  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Hi all,
Down another 2.5 pounds this week. I think this was weigh in number 9 for me but I have lost track. Still 100% OP well maybe 99% since I had two slices of avacado on a salad this week! The program has become second nature to me and I am moving right along. Slow and steady....
Great work Kelli!

I'm on TOM which came 10 days late. Partly a peri menopause thing and partly this diet messing up the hormones a bit. I'm on week 9 and am starting see a few more hairs in the shower than I did before. I've been taking Biotin since I started IP, I know the new growth will be strong and healthy so for now I will just ask my stylist to keep trimming my hair to keep my chin length bob for now.

Hubby brought me coffee in bed, I'm a happy camper!!!

Happy IP day to you all!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #351  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Default Worried about hair loss

Good evening, August friends!

It is so great to keep up with everyone! It seems like the August group is on a roll and doing great! Lots of losses and NSV's to be proud of.

I just had WI #8, and I am so pleased with my progress so far. However, I am worried about the hair loss issue. My hair just feels thinner, though I am not seeing much in my brush or anything. I have seen references to biotin, assuming this is a supplement. Is it available only from IP coaches or from elsewhere? I follow the plan on alternate products, so if this is something I could get from the Vitamin shoppe or elsewhere, that would help. I also saw that some people with this issue are taking extra Omega. If there is anything else that ya'll recommend, please share. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to everyone with losses and NSVs.

I have been 95% OP (I don't consider myself 100% since I rarely get in all my packets) since I started IP. I have slowed down in the weight losses lately but still losing so that is a victory in and of itself. I realized today that I am almost 1/2 way to my goal. That got me excited all over again.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #353  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Good evening, August friends!

It is so great to keep up with everyone! It seems like the August group is on a roll and doing great! Lots of losses and NSV's to be proud of.

I just had WI #8, and I am so pleased with my progress so far. However, I am worried about the hair loss issue. My hair just feels thinner, though I am not seeing much in my brush or anything. I have seen references to biotin, assuming this is a supplement. Is it available only from IP coaches or from elsewhere? I follow the plan on alternate products, so if this is something I could get from the Vitamin shoppe or elsewhere, that would help. I also saw that some people with this issue are taking extra Omega. If there is anything else that ya'll recommend, please share. Thanks!
Biotin is available anywhere vitamins are sold, you don't have to buy from an IP coach.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #354  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
Congrats to everyone with losses and NSVs.

I have been 95% OP (I don't consider myself 100% since I rarely get in all my packets) since I started IP. I have slowed down in the weight losses lately but still losing so that is a victory in and of itself. I realized today that I am almost 1/2 way to my goal. That got me excited all over again.
That's great! You've already met your mini goal!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

So, I am 48, an perimenopausal, night sweats like crazy every night. I haven't had a period since early September. Weight loss is moving slowly now and I am ok with that, but was wondering are there any other night sweat sufferers out ther? Just looking for some tips for relief???
Old 10-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone. I read this thread everyday but haven't said anything for a while. thought I'd say hello today!!
I joined August 3rd and am down a whopping 40 lbs. it appears that's more then average. But then I got a stomach bug a month ago. I lost 5.2 the week of the bug but .06 the following then 1.6. I believe my body is protecting itself.

I've been spoiled to lose as much as I have but the mind still plans and calculates around it continuing. I now am kinda worried the slow less weight per week might be the new norm ;( I'm really hopin to lose another 15 before Christmas want to buy an awesome dress for a special party and wow everyone lol ...

Anyway I love love love this program but am feeling a little down and realized today as I read through your postings how much you all help me everyday and I thought I should say THANK YOU

Last edited by kcdoe; 10-23-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
Hi, I had my WI today an was down 0.8, but lost 2 inches. I was looking forward to a slower week, as I feel like I have lost a lot weight quickly and my brain wasn't seeing the new me.! My totalloss is 33.4 pounds since Augus 9th. Hubby and I are off on a diving vacation in 3 weeks, so hoping to make it 40 pounds off before we go so I can wear the bikini he bought me!

Cheers!!
Good luck hope you reach your goal!! He bought you a bikini huh what a great compliment his way of saying you look awesome how sweet is that!!!! Love it!!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Good luck hope you reach your goal!! He bought you a bikini huh what a great compliment his way of saying you look awesome how sweet is that!!!! Love it!!
He's a keeper, one in a million
Old 10-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #359  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Hey Everyone! Just checking in, still away, back on Sunday. Have stayed 100%OP throughout, I am proud to say. It's been easier than I thought it would be. I am doing all of the cooking here, and it's actually been very satisfying to make things I haven't for awhile, and know that everyone is enjoying my cooking - even though I can't always partake in it! Tonight they wanted "breakfast for dinner" (ie "Brinner" ), so I made pancakes and bacon. I made the IP cereal pancakes for the first time, and there was no baking powder or soda in the house! I made them with only beaten egg whites and the crushed cereal, expecting them to be flat like a crepe, but am happy to say they turned out pretty fluffy and were really good! I can hardly wait to weigh in next week - after 3 weeks without weighing! Sure hope the scale is good to me!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #360  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Hello,

I had WI #9 yesterday and was down 2.8 for a total of 34! That was good motivation because now I'm on vacation. Today was travel day so I don't think I got in all my water, and may be a little short of veggies, but overall I'm happy. A group of us went to dinner and I managed to stay OP.

Well, I'm very tired so I'll sign off. Just wanted to say hello!
Closed Thread