Old 09-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I've been off IP and this site for several months. I lost -36.8 lbs, -7.8% Bodyfat, -6.3 BMI points in 11 weeks. I met my goal back in May, but I fell off of the wagon. I ended up putting 26lbs and 7.3% bodyfat back on since May and after our 5 year old son passing away. I had to get off the program due to costs and now I am back on using alternative products.

Just wanted to say hello once again and thank you to all of the "old timers" on here for keeping this wonderful support site going.
YankeeFan, I'm so very sorry about your son. I hope you meet your goals quickly.

Maile, I will be interested to know how the flavored mayos taste too.

Good morning from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Cool, but going to warm up later.

I am still struggling with my energy levels. I know some of it is me -- insomnia, anxiety, low blood pressure and I've always struggled with low blood iron.

And despite being awake since 2 am, I still have more energy now than I did yesterday -- I do not get it. A friend of mine, who lost 40 lbs on IP and has maintained for quite a while suggested I add some light strength training to my day to do something about my energy. I think it couldn't hurt. What do you all think?

Enjoy the Labor Day weekend (for those in the US). For people outside the US, enjoy the weekend!
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I have 23 pounds to go but if I see something at a thrift shop or garage sale I will buy it now!
Sandy,

May I ask what size you are in now? I tried on 14's yesterday and they were tight, yet 16's are big, esp in the butt. lol. I did have to buy a new bra one size smaller,not the cup, still DD, but it may go to a D by the time I finish ( I sure hope so)
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Finally getting the chance to make a post on the weekend chat. I think this week is going to be a better weigh in (Tue.) I'm still on the fence on when to go to Phase 2. Wanting to make the jump but undecided if I want to adjust goal weight officially to 130 or not. While I am very comfortable with 135 I am looking for a safety net for gain I guess.

This week I am placing a small Nashua order and a Netrition order for some DaVinci items and WF items that I ran out of. I want to try something new from DaVinci, any good recommendations? Right now I use the Pumpkin Pie and the Peanut Butter with Chocolate. (I make Iced Coffees with them.)

And finally, I have a question about Maintenance phase, specifically the infamous "cheat day" It is something that keeps me motivated when I think about the things I can never have again. Question, what are the limits really? You eat whatever you want for every meal and whatever you want in between? I mean, where do you draw the line? How much is too much? How many of you have also thought about what you will do on your first cheat day? I want Taco John's Potato Ole's
I don't know if Davinci has it, but Torani has a Chocolate Macadamia nut that is soooo good in a German Chocolate coffee, iced...mmmmm
Old 09-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmeghanmom View Post
Everyone seems to be losing large amounts. Is anyone else taking a med, etc that their coach (and mine is a MD) that will prevent them from losing the large amts each week? I'm trying to look at the inches (I'm making big progress there), but losing the weight is going to come off SLOWLY and frankly EXPENSIVELY.

I am committed. However, it is still very frustrating, and better yet my coach is NOT pressuring me. I seem to be pressuring myself.
Just look at my numbers, very slow and like you said $$$$$
Old 09-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #155  

yankeefan,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your son. There is no greater loss in life. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that time passing will ease your pain so that you can remember the fun & love you did share.

Exercise will help you too. Good Luck & come to this board for support, rather it be for weight loss or grief counseling, we will be here for you.

Maile - I am trying your way of taking my thyroid meds to see if there is any difference. Thank you
Old 09-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #156  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Just look at my numbers, very slow and like you said $$$$$
I look at it this way, if you were to buy yourself lunch or treat a friend to lunch 2-4 times a week...how much would you be shelling out for food? Plus nibbles when you buy a coffee?? Plus the fact that fresh veggies are in season right now and costs are a lot lower than they are in January. Sometimes its just about perspective....
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 178/171/125 or size 4

Height: 5"1'

My WI for second week was -1.4, however my coach said that I had gained inches around my thigh and hips. He said it could probably be due to bloating as I am on my periods. Of course I was bummed..........but am determined

Good luck to all.........and a healthy life ahead
tomorrow71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I've been off IP and this site for several months. I lost -36.8 lbs, -7.8% Bodyfat, -6.3 BMI points in 11 weeks. I met my goal back in May, but I fell off of the wagon. I ended up putting 26lbs and 7.3% bodyfat back on since May and after our 5 year old son passing away. I had to get off the program due to costs and now I am back on using alternative products.

Just wanted to say hello once again and thank you to all of the "old timers" on here for keeping this wonderful support site going.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son. It would be so difficult to remember to put one foot ahead of the other after that, never mind concentrate on keeping weight off. I hope with time life will normalize somewhat for you and IP is not too tough the second time around.

On a lighter note, I am not a baseball fan but think I will "have" to go to two Yankees games this month. My son bought tickets, plane etc to take hubby to Toronto to see the Jays play the Yankees weekend after next. But then some work stuff came up (actually I think he is pi**ed about trades the Jays made). So looks like I fell heir to the second tickets.
I did go years ago to Vero Beach to see the Expos spring training and enjoyed that so hubby says I'll be OK at the games.

Last edited by patns; 09-04-2011 at 11:25 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Sandy,

May I ask what size you are in now? I tried on 14's yesterday and they were tight, yet 16's are big, esp in the butt. lol. I did have to buy a new bra one size smaller,not the cup, still DD, but it may go to a D by the time I finish ( I sure hope so)
I'm mostly wearing size 12's now. I have been losing inches in the hips and thighs, but I'm at the age where I "sag" a lot!! LOL
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 178/171/125 or size 4

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmeghanmom View Post
Everyone seems to be losing large amounts. Is anyone else taking a med, etc that their coach (and mine is a MD) that will prevent them from losing the large amts each week? I'm trying to look at the inches (I'm making big progress there), but losing the weight is going to come off SLOWLY and frankly EXPENSIVELY.

I am committed. However, it is still very frustrating, and better yet my coach is NOT pressuring me. I seem to be pressuring myself.

What I have been reading and what I hear from other coworkers who are into health and fitness or following this IP Program, there will be weeks when you alternate weight loss (numbers) and when you will lose inches. So long as one is happening. Also when you stall, and if you haven't deviated from the program, still stick with it. Results will happen. Also be in touch with your medical doctor in case you need blood work etc.

I know is is super expensive, but my take is that it is better to cut on other things and spend a little xtra right now on this so I dont have to spend $$$$$ on medicines later on..........I am scared of diabetes and that is my biggest motivation to be on this program.
tomorrow71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #161  

I have been looking at alternative vitamins but by the time I buy the equivalent that I need I might as well just buy IP! I don't want to miss out on what I need on this low calorie diet.
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #162  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Oh yankeefan, I'm sorry sorry to hear about your son. I can't even imagine the pain and sorrow that must be. Welcome back, although I wasn't here when you were here before. A fairly new newbie.

Well here I am on my 4th day visiting my son and family. Made it through Jack's 2nd birthday party yesterday without giving in to birthday cake, wine or even snacks. When everyone was having hamburgers with THIN BUNS my fav - I had two patties with condiments between them and it was yummy. I'm not being perfect - I'm having trouble getting my veggies and salad in and trying to get in enough water. I had a diet coke but mostly I'm sticking to orange crush with splenda when I succumb to pop. I have had probably more restricted than I should and occasional extra packets. But I am very pleased with my resistance so far. And everyone is being very accomodating.

Yesterday I had to sit in the car with my son while he drove through mcD's. He ordered a 1/3 pounder angus burger that comes with bacon and cheese and then he ordered an extra grilled chicken patty. He said it's the best: big burger, bacon, cheese and chicken. He also had the fries but didn't eat them and put them on the floor RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and I didn't have any. I deserve a medal.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #163  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

When it comes to cost, I know people are in different situations but I am a single person and I used to waste a lot of food and buy ridiculous things like pizza and icecream and eat it all in one night. I would buy veggies and fruit and then have to throw them out. I'd go to Tim's and buy coffee and breakfast. Now I buy the IP food and then veggies that I use up - so no waste - I'm eating the food that is in my freezer and generally no longer wasting my food dollar. I would pay far more than this if I could be guaranteed the results I'm getting.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
I look at it this way, if you were to buy yourself lunch or treat a friend to lunch 2-4 times a week...how much would you be shelling out for food? Plus nibbles when you buy a coffee?? Plus the fact that fresh veggies are in season right now and costs are a lot lower than they are in January. Sometimes its just about perspective....
The fresh veggies are a Godsend right now, I stop at all the roadside stands.

I don't eat out or buy coffee out, so I wasn't spending money on those things to beging with. Actually, it is my charity work that is suffering, sad but true, I do alot of quiltmaking and fabric is $10/yd, plus batting and thread. So, I haven't been buying fabric, I've been buying IP. I feel a little (ok alot) guilty about it. But, as father always said, Money doesn't grow on trees!
Old 09-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #165  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Yankeefan

Welcome back and I extend my heartfelt condolences. I cannot imagine what you have been through, but congratulations for getting to a place where you are able to postively focus on yourself again.
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote