Old 09-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #16  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Stolaf - I had my first morning WI the other day and I waited to eat until after, but I was so thirsty I had to give in and drink water. (But I got up almost 3hrs before I had to wi)

Pxlkitty - Can't wait to see pics of the cake!

Sandra - That's an awesome NSV - Way to Go
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #17  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

BELLAMACK: They won't kick you out of the program because of the holiday! Won't they let you come in on another day and get your food for the week? If that is not possible, I would call them up and ask them what they want you to eat.
Look at the alternative ideas in the sticky archives at the top. You could find things to tide you over. Good luck.

Last edited by Maile; 09-02-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #18  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

WHOO HOO!!!! Hit 50lbs today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #19  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Awesome!!!
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #20  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Thanks for the pancake advice Maile!!! I'll try that tomorrow

Great job redhead!! 50 lbs is a great accomplishment!!
soccermom9799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everybody

I have the hugest smile on my face today because of my NSV yesterday ! I want to shout it over the roof so everybody would know and yes, I already posted it on my facebook page here is the story:

Yesterday, as all my clothes are getting loose on me, even my tops, I decided to go buy some shirts, luckily, I still have old good classical pants from about 6 years ago that I am using now, but nothing for my tops, so as I went to the mall and got my eyes on these nice work shirts, I looked into them and they were 1x to 3XL, so I looked at the 2XL first and thought, yeah, maybe this one would fit, but then my mom said, no it looks big, and I was chocked ! Really !!! ok then, let me try the 1XL thinking it would never fit... funny how we don't really see ourselves well... Anyway... I took the 1xl shirt and tried it, and surprise surprise... I could not buy it because it was too big on me ! I mean are you kidding me???? Me not buying a shirt because it is too BIG??? hein ??? since when?? I always, I mean ALWAYS bought clothes just because I can fit in them not because I particularly like them and here I am with a shirt I liked and it was too big!!!

OH MY GOD! I guess it is true what they say: nothing feels as good as being thin (or something like that lol

I really hope you all would have a great long weekend.
That is so awesome! I have tears in my eyes because I remember when I started swimming in my plus sized clothes and got to the point that I could shop regular sizes again. Bought a pair of silver jeans a couple of weeks ago and I must say they look pretty darn good on but feel sooooo great! Way to go!!!!!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #23  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks Carla for starting the daily thread.

I'm hope today since daycare is closed for training. My son is turning 4 on Monday, and I am about to begin the construction of the "Dinosaur Train" cake. I will have to post a link to pictures when I am done. The nice thing about constructing fondant cakes is that they are so much work, you really don't feel like eating it when you're done.
You're welcome! It has been a long time since I have been able to do that.

Good luck with the dinosaur cake. It sounds like it will be amazing! Definitely share the pictures with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everybody

I have the hugest smile on my face today because of my NSV yesterday ! I want to shout it over the roof so everybody would know and yes, I already posted it on my facebook page here is the story:

Yesterday, as all my clothes are getting loose on me, even my tops, I decided to go buy some shirts, luckily, I still have old good classical pants from about 6 years ago that I am using now, but nothing for my tops, so as I went to the mall and got my eyes on these nice work shirts, I looked into them and they were 1x to 3XL, so I looked at the 2XL first and thought, yeah, maybe this one would fit, but then my mom said, no it looks big, and I was chocked ! Really !!! ok then, let me try the 1XL thinking it would never fit... funny how we don't really see ourselves well... Anyway... I took the 1xl shirt and tried it, and surprise surprise... I could not buy it because it was too big on me ! I mean are you kidding me???? Me not buying a shirt because it is too BIG??? hein ??? since when?? I always, I mean ALWAYS bought clothes just because I can fit in them not because I particularly like them and here I am with a shirt I liked and it was too big!!!

OH MY GOD! I guess it is true what they say: nothing feels as good as being thin (or something like that lol

I really hope you all would have a great long weekend.
That really is a great moment. It takes awhile to really sink in. It seemed like I kept grabbing the bigger size (wrong size) off the rack for months. Good job! Enjoy the feeling; it is so very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning All,

Great NSV's already today. I have a question. I found out last night I won't be able to make my WI today and because of the Holiday the clinic is closed until tuesday. I have alternative product that I can use, but my question is, will they "kick" me out of the program for not buying food for 1 week? Thanks in advance. I won't be back on-line until either very late tonight or tomorrow. Have a great day and for those traveling "be safe".
They shouldn't but call them. Maybe they have a solution for you. Maybe they could ship you some product by mail that you would at least have by tuesday??? My clinic sends packages to clients regularly if they need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
BELLAMACK: They won't kick you out of the program because of the holiday! Won't they let you come in on another day and get your food for the week? If that is not possible, I would call them up and ask them what they want you to eat.
Look at the alternative ideas in the sticky archives at the top. You could find things to tide you over. Good luck.

Some clinics only have 1 or 2 people and when they go on vacation the whole clinic shuts down. At least my coach let me know a couple weeks in advance and would get us to pick up extra packets or a couple weeks of supplies to make sure we didn't have any issues.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #24  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Weigh in day for me!! SOME of my surgery weight has come off. On Tuesday I weighed 136lbs, surgery Wednesday, Thursday I weighed 147 (ouch!!) and today I'm 142.8. I hope my coach understands and allows me to continue with Phase 3. There's a small part of me that would LOVE to go back to phase 1/2 to get this weight off fast!

Elissa
LaLibE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #25  

I made the scone recipe last night...for me it turned out like a really bad version of a pudding cake...i ate one serving as snack last night, by this morning it was so gross I had to chuck it....so that was 3 pkg's of IP food in the garbage...I dunno why they didn't work out but it was an expensive fail
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #26  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
Weigh in day for me!! SOME of my surgery weight has come off. On Tuesday I weighed 136lbs, surgery Wednesday, Thursday I weighed 147 (ouch!!) and today I'm 142.8. I hope my coach understands and allows me to continue with Phase 3. There's a small part of me that would LOVE to go back to phase 1/2 to get this weight off fast!

Elissa
Hello,

Good job on your weight loss.

I do believe going to phase 1 or 2 should be totally your choice, not your coach's!

That is my opinion, you choose what you want to do, the coach should only give you advice, not tell you what to do.

I hope you are doing better after your surgery.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 214/172.5/130

Height: 5'0

Good Morning everyone, I have been an occasional poster but mostly a lurker. I just want to say thank you to you all for just posting you guys are a great help and inspiration to all of us who are mainly "readers".
Cheers
Chanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #28  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning All,

Great NSV's already today. I have a question. I found out last night I won't be able to make my WI today and because of the Holiday the clinic is closed until tuesday. I have alternative product that I can use, but my question is, will they "kick" me out of the program for not buying food for 1 week? Thanks in advance. I won't be back on-line until either very late tonight or tomorrow. Have a great day and for those traveling "be safe".
My clinic does this to me quite often, because my wi is on a Monday most of the stat holidays fall on monday... They usually only give me the week notice.. I will be out of my potassium pills on Tuesday, but luckily even though my coach only works mon and frid I can stop buy and pick something up. I would also call them, maybe you can arrange to buy from another clinic?

Quote:
That is Great news... congrats

From Yesterday, didn't get a chance to read the posts:

Cait -WELCOME, glad for you to join us.
Pselias - yum Scones will have to try them. Thanks for the recipe.

Have a great long weekend all, enjoy whatever it is you are going to do.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I made the scone recipe last night...for me it turned out like a really bad version of a pudding cake...i ate one serving as snack last night, by this morning it was so gross I had to chuck it....so that was 3 pkg's of IP food in the garbage...I dunno why they didn't work out but it was an expensive fail
That is sad to here. Now I am nervous about making mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanok View Post
Good Morning everyone, I have been an occasional poster but mostly a lurker. I just want to say thank you to you all for just posting you guys are a great help and inspiration to all of us who are mainly "readers".
Cheers
Thank you! Feel free to jump in any time. You never know who will benefit from your input!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #30  

Default Rice Pudding

So, I thought I would resurrect a recipe or two. Here is the first. It is for rice pudding made with cauliflower bits. We had several people who appreciated a change and another option for dessert last year!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3372529-post68.html

Aloha, Here is rice pudding reciepe~

the recipe for the rice pudding is in one of your cookbooks. I don’t have it anymore, however, the basic recipe is:

1 tsp Knox Gelatin or Agar Agar with ¼ cup water

1 Vanilla Pudding

2 Cups of cauliflower (I use frozen) – cooked and chopped into small, rice-sized pieces
You can pulse in blender for best results. Should be pretty small like rice.

Splenda (1-2 pkts)
I usually use truvia and add alittle extra.

Vanilla (1 tsp)

6 oz water

Cinnamon to taste

Mix gelatin with water and add pudding. Add cauliflower and flavorings - stir and adjust to taste. Refrigerate until set. Great for Lunch!Must be very cold for best results.

courtesy of MissZelda