Old 09-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esthershafe View Post
ive been on the diet a month tomorrow, ive lost 12 lbs and 4 inches. im in a rut now...i have to get the supplements and they told me it was going to be around $215 ( this includes the vitamins, 3 boxes of packets, and the compass fee) my husband and i dont get paid till the 16th and i dont know what to do. any suggestions?

What's the compass fee?
Would you be able to affford the cheaper vitamins etc at Walmart or someplace?
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 199.2/181/125

Height: 5'3"

yeah i can get the ones at walmart thats no problem, the compass test fee i dont know if its done everywhere but the clinic i go to told me its 20/month but failed to tell me this at the begining.
esthershafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #183  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Had a hard day yesterday. We went to the fair and even though we stayed longer than planned and I was starving, I didn't cheat. Got a call to translate for the police dept and didn't end up getting home until almost 3am.

Have felt kind of crappy all day so I've been bumming around all day in my room watching tv. My husband offered to cook dinner for the kids, I figured I would heat up leftover chicken. Husband just brought me in a plate of food...he grilled zucchini, steak and shrimp. He even used my salt. <3

It was such a nice surprise and that he is being more supportive of my diet is huge too.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
The fresh veggies are a Godsend right now, I stop at all the roadside stands.

I don't eat out or buy coffee out, so I wasn't spending money on those things to beging with. Actually, it is my charity work that is suffering, sad but true, I do alot of quiltmaking and fabric is $10/yd, plus batting and thread. So, I haven't been buying fabric, I've been buying IP. I feel a little (ok alot) guilty about it. But, as father always said, Money doesn't grow on trees!
Bellamack: If you take care of yourself and get your own life in order now, you will have many years of good health to help others! It really is ok to take a little time for yourself.
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #185  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Bellamack: If you take care of yourself and get your own life in order now, you will have many years of good health to help others! It really is ok to take a little time for yourself.
Very well said......Ditto Bellamack!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 228/170

Height: 5'9"

Default free day

How long are you on the plan before you get a Free Day?
My coach didn't tell me anything about the soy snacks and protein bars. Are they a snack I can have on my first week?
while comparing the protein bars that have been recommended on here I noticed the calorie count ranges from 130-180. What bar is best on the plan so it doesn't slow down my weight loss?
Thanks
Ladibug7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladibug7 View Post
How long are you on the plan before you get a Free Day?
My coach didn't tell me anything about the soy snacks and protein bars. Are they a snack I can have on my first week?
while comparing the protein bars that have been recommended on here I noticed the calorie count ranges from 130-180. What bar is best on the plan so it doesn't slow down my weight loss?
Thanks
None are best. They are all much higher in carbs than the puddings,shakes, omelet and soups. Most clinics do not allow any of the bars, spagetti, chili, chips, puffs, or those food items with more than 9 carbs per packet for the first 3 weeks. My clinic doesn't allow them at all. You get a free day when you have lost 100 percent of your weight and have correctly phased off the diet. I recommend that you write down a list of questions and ask your coach at your first weigh in. These are all questions that you should have gotten the information for on day 1. Ideal protein is very strict but works wonders if followed correctly. Good luck.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 244/199/150

Height: 5'4"

What does "bootcamp" mean?
kindanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 228/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Thanks

I did have a list of questions to ask, most she did not know the answer to.
didn't really felt I knew what I was doing when I left. If it wasn't for this site I would be completely lost.
I couldn't eat all my dinner tonight. Way too much food. Is that normal?
Ladibug7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #190  

First Day Tuesday - Nervous and Excited!!
LisaPatriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #191  
KakeJ

S/C/G: 295/195/175

Height: 5'91/2"

Default How do you prepare for non dieting family members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thank you very much, I never saw myself as that big either!

My son has been baking cupcakes DAILY cuz I have NO snacks in the house....I agree the smell is something else! I put Caramel flavoring in my water today just to have a sweet taste!
wuz2bloved, You look great, positively radiant! You will be an inspiration for me. I have similar goals. But just wondering.. If your children are dieting as well? In my case my 9 and 5 year olds are average sized and eat well enough from all food groups as does my husband who is as he has always been 6'2 190lbs on average. (perfect for me). I don't want to get him any skinnier because I've banned certain foods from the home. he tends to lose weight if he is too busy to eat his lunch once a week. I know you have great willpower but are you preparing regular foods for your kids? (potatoes, breads, cakes, etc.) while you eat your modified diet?
congrats on your progress and you go girl! Thanks
kakeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #192  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Alrighty,

Congrats to Redhead down 50 Big Ones
Congrats to Jordanna down 60 Big Ones
Congrats to Busymom for getting that scale moving.

Well, I called my coach yesterday, because I couldn't make it on time to weigh in and guess what, she stayed over to wait for me. Very nice of her. I lost ZERO, had a long talk, she said if I don't start losing, I should phase off and get my thyroid numbers back on track and start back. We will see. She doesn't want me eating any peppers, except green peppers this week and she had me buy (of course) Novilax, she thinks I must be backed up, never in my life have I been backed up. We will see, I don't think it is healthy to use any kind of laxatives, but she said it is common on this diet.

I sure hope you all in the south are spared all the rain and flooding.
I agree about the tyriod med and supplements being taking different times... good advise. I have read here that a few times and people seem to lose weight much better when they do that. Stay strong. I have also been told to not eat a lot of high carb, so for a while, I had no cauliflower, broccoli (still haven't gone back to them) peppers, it helped a little. Hopefully it works for you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I've been off IP and this site for several months. I lost -36.8 lbs, -7.8% Bodyfat, -6.3 BMI points in 11 weeks. I met my goal back in May, but I fell off of the wagon. I ended up putting 26lbs and 7.3% bodyfat back on since May and after our 5 year old son passing away. I had to get off the program due to costs and now I am back on using alternative products.

Just wanted to say hello once again and thank you to all of the "old timers" on here for keeping this wonderful support site going.
Welcome back YankeeFan, I am so sorry to hear about your son, he will always be in your heart. Take care of yourself.

Well on Tuesday it will be my 3rd week oh phase 2 and the cleanse... the cleanse is working today for sure... I know TMI

So yesterday my friend and I went to Chilis for supper.. First time since I was on IP, but I am always prepared. I had the fajitas without cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, and torillas. So basically meat, peppers and onions. meanwhile my friend asks if I can have any of the appys so I say no, so she says well I am going to have one... of course my favorite chips and a chili cheese sauce...yum and I watched her eating the whole thing and then supper and thought that I am ever thankful I don't eat that much food anymore... I really worry about her as she has gained so much weight this last little while. She is trying to lose it but doesn't seem to get it. I have talked to her about IP but she says she can't afford it. I feel bad as yes it is expensive but so is my health. I know I can't really help her she will have to get there herself, like I did. when she is sick and tired of being sick and tired... It is just hard to watch, and I hope it wasn't me that got her this way as when we first start hanging together she was skinny and I was fat... now it is reversed... I know there is nothing I can do but...
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #193  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPatriciaK View Post
First Day Tuesday - Nervous and Excited!!
Welcome to the program, you will enjoy it and learn a lot from these boards. Congrats on making the best decision to get healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeJ View Post
wuz2bloved, You look great, positively radiant! You will be an inspiration for me. I have similar goals. But just wondering.. If your children are dieting as well? In my case my 9 and 5 year olds are average sized and eat well enough from all food groups as does my husband who is as he has always been 6'2 190lbs on average. (perfect for me). I don't want to get him any skinnier because I've banned certain foods from the home. he tends to lose weight if he is too busy to eat his lunch once a week. I know you have great willpower but are you preparing regular foods for your kids? (potatoes, breads, cakes, etc.) while you eat your modified diet?
congrats on your progress and you go girl! Thanks
Thank you

My boys are older 19, he weighs 320 and goes away to college then I have a 23 year old who weighs around 260 and lives with me. I do not keep snacks in the house any longer, if he wants snacks he will make himself cupcakes or go get him a bag a chips. He has been eating the same as me for dinner and has loss around 10lbs. When my youngest is home from college like this weekend, I cook their food then I cook my food. Friday night I cooked a big ol' pot of sketti which they ate Friday and Saturday night and tonight I cooked beef tips with rice and gravy with sweet peas (their favorite) I cooked 3 cups of rice and there was only about a cup left. My youngest and I weigh about the same so we have a competition going on as to who will lose faster, he will of course he is younger AND a guy!

He really made me feel good tonight, as he really hasn't said anything to me about my weight loss besides I don't see how you can just eat that mom. The both of us were in the kitchen(very small) going for the fridge at the same time. He looked me up and down and says mom....pausing....so I say what?? he looks at me again up and down and says mom...pausing again .....then says mom you look good, I mean really good, you can really tell you are losing a lot of weight. He said how much are you at now? i said probably as of this week 70lbs, he said well you can definitely tell mom, definitely tell. He brought tears to my eyes then he says mom look we can both fit in the kitchen now, he was standing in front of me and we were not touching anymore....haha...Just wanted to share that with y'all....best feeling in the world when you get noticed like that by your own child
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Wuv, that made me cry. That really is touching. So sweet. You really do look fabulous.

I, on the other hand, had to fend off my almost 3-year-old from eating my chocolate pudding. I made it, put it in the freezer and he kept asking if it was ready. I told him that it wasn't and besides, it's Mommy's -- he gets to eat everything else.

Well, he got very territorial about it and was practically pounding his chest saying, "It's my pudding!" Luckily, he got distracted by noodles and zucchini, but it was touch and go for a while.

Tonight was one of my biggest challenges -- watermelon. My husband brought home a big watermelon and I was cutting it up for our son. Usually, some goes into the bowl and some goes into my mouth. I've baked cakes, cooked noodles, bought bread -- the watermelon almost made me cave tonight.

Now I'm heading to bed before I start hearing that watermelon calling my name.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:50 AM   #195  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
Wuv, that made me cry. That really is touching. So sweet. You really do look fabulous.

I, on the other hand, had to fend off my almost 3-year-old from eating my chocolate pudding. I made it, put it in the freezer and he kept asking if it was ready. I told him that it wasn't and besides, it's Mommy's -- he gets to eat everything else.

Well, he got very territorial about it and was practically pounding his chest saying, "It's my pudding!" Luckily, he got distracted by noodles and zucchini, but it was touch and go for a while.

Tonight was one of my biggest challenges -- watermelon. My husband brought home a big watermelon and I was cutting it up for our son. Usually, some goes into the bowl and some goes into my mouth. I've baked cakes, cooked noodles, bought bread -- the watermelon almost made me cave tonight.

Now I'm heading to bed before I start hearing that watermelon calling my name.
Sorry didn't mean to make you cry! Maybe you could make him his own pudding and put it a special bowl like yours so he thinks its the same thing and he can eat it while you eat yours, he would never know the difference

Good job resisting the watermelon
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote