Old 09-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 277/220/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everybody

I have the hugest smile on my face today because of my NSV yesterday ! I want to shout it over the roof so everybody would know and yes, I already posted it on my facebook page here is the story:

Yesterday, as all my clothes are getting loose on me, even my tops, I decided to go buy some shirts, luckily, I still have old good classical pants from about 6 years ago that I am using now, but nothing for my tops, so as I went to the mall and got my eyes on these nice work shirts, I looked into them and they were 1x to 3XL, so I looked at the 2XL first and thought, yeah, maybe this one would fit, but then my mom said, no it looks big, and I was chocked ! Really !!! ok then, let me try the 1XL thinking it would never fit... funny how we don't really see ourselves well... Anyway... I took the 1xl shirt and tried it, and surprise surprise... I could not buy it because it was too big on me ! I mean are you kidding me???? Me not buying a shirt because it is too BIG??? hein ??? since when?? I always, I mean ALWAYS bought clothes just because I can fit in them not because I particularly like them and here I am with a shirt I liked and it was too big!!!

OH MY GOD! I guess it is true what they say: nothing feels as good as being thin (or something like that lol

I really hope you all would have a great long weekend.
@sandralosingweight - I just had the same excellent experience yesterday! I have been losing weight and been on the IP program for about 11 weeks without buying new clothes. All of mine are getting too big on me, especially my work pants. (no complaints!) My mom and I went to a store yesterday and were browsing through the clearance section. I bought a shirt that would normally be too small on me with the hopes that one day it would fit. i tried it on when I got home and it fits! even a little too big! What a phenomenal feeling.
I'm so excited for you! keep up the great work and positive attitude!
Yetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #197  

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!! Looks like we are back to the lovely weather but nights are going to be chilly now. Currently 8/45 degrees and supposed to get to 28/82 degrees today , mmmmmm warm sun. I just might have to go hold the lawn down for a bit and soak some of it up I have WI tomorrow, I don't know what I feel about it right now. It's been another tough week for me, stress, but there isn't much I can do about it all now, so I'll suck it up and soldier on. And maybe put out some cucumber slices to see if I can't snag me a WHOOSH fairy.....
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #198  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning! Wow, the last few days have been miserable. We have been cooped up in the house with the most dreary weather ever, courtesy of T.S. Lee. We lost electricity yesterday for about 2 hours, which must be some kind of record at my house. Usually the power gets knocked out if a bird lands on the line. (not really, but you get the drift) So, my whole family has cabin fever. We've been inside for too long. My husband and kids have eaten non-stop all weekend and I have been wishing I could snack along with them. To make matters worse, this is my 5th week and I have been hungry for some reason. I eat my food at the designated time and I'm full. But it seems like an hour later, my stomach is growling! I may float away with all of the water I have consumed. My husband cooked dinner for me 2 nights in a row, so that was a good thing. The down side is that he has eaten a lot of vegetables with me this weekend and, let's just say, it's bad to be cooped up in the house when your husband has gas. You can just walk into the room and your eyes will water and your nasal passages will catch on fire, lol. Of course, he and the boys find this very amusing.
It's supposed to be nice outside today sometime around noon. I sure hope so. We need some air.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning,

Ain't no sunshine in upstate today, dark and rainy. Good craft/reading/movie day... Still plugging along OP, I can't believe that this friday will be 10 weeks that not a single off program has passed these lips. It is funny, my weight is coming off slower than some, but I went to a party a couple days ago and hadn't seen the people since June and they immediately said "Holy Skinny". Well, that was nice to hear, but I am hardly skinny. I did get rid of all my 16W and switched to 16 Misses, they are now getting loose, I bought a 14 Misses and they fit, a bit tight in the stomach, but great everywhere else. Also have to give up the 1x tops, way too big, I might take them in, since alot of them are really nice and I love them.
I am having the broccoli-cheddar soup today, I had it the other day and loved it. I steam some fresh broccoli and I make the soup with salt/pepper and granulated garlic, mix together and YUMMY! Have a great Labor Day Everyone.
Oh, for those who have used Novilax, does it work? I have been taking it since friday and haven't notices any difference. Does it take awhile?
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 159.8/142.2/135

Height: 5ft 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I've been off IP and this site for several months. I lost -36.8 lbs, -7.8% Bodyfat, -6.3 BMI points in 11 weeks. I met my goal back in May, but I fell off of the wagon. I ended up putting 26lbs and 7.3% bodyfat back on since May and after our 5 year old son passing away. I had to get off the program due to costs and now I am back on using alternative products.

Just wanted to say hello once again and thank you to all of the "old timers" on here for keeping this wonderful support site going.
YankeeFan...I so feel your pain!! My sister lost her 25 year old son a year ago ...WOW the pain is unbearable,I was so close to him myself I still feel is presents in my home...My sister is having such a struggle,she's like most of us,food is our comfort...Anyway,glad to see you back in the game...God Bless!!
sheenasg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladibug7 View Post
I did have a list of questions to ask, most she did not know the answer to.
didn't really felt I knew what I was doing when I left. If it wasn't for this site I would be completely lost.
I couldn't eat all my dinner tonight. Way too much food. Is that normal?
5-8 ounces of meat and 2 cups of vegetables were too much? some people complain that they have a difficult time eating "all their food" at times. Never been a problem for me. I love To eat. You should do a search on this site and research the 4 phases of ideal protein yourself. All the information is available over and over and over on this website. If possible, you may also want to find a more knowledgable coach which I feel is crucial to success on this plan. This is an expensive diet and I personally would be furious if I had a coach who didn't know the plan inside and out. You need to know what to expect in the future. Ideal protein isn't for everyone but I hope it works for you. It is common to feel icky the first 3-5 days- dizziness, headaches, nausea. Your clack should have given you information about these side effects and tips on how to help with them. Good luck.

Last edited by Determinedat47; 09-05-2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Wrong spelling
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #202  

Not clack, coach!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 157/140/142

Height: 5.7

Hello all:

It has been a slow couple weeks for me, seeing as I cheated a couple times, but I am 1 pound pass what I want and I am going to stop phase 1 on my 21st birthday, September 16th!!! I am ready to start eating more and working out, I feel like I have done pretty good and am ready to get my fit body !!!

Yay for me and good luck to everyone!!! It is worth it
Lgerbasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #204  

Height: 5'6"

:O I've gained 4 pounds!! What the heck??? I did have a little cheat but 4 pounds??? I did start taking probiotics this week. The constant full feeling is gone again but other than that I haven't noticed a difference at all. If anyone needs me, I'll be banging my head against a brick wall.
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #205  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorrow71 View Post
I have a question:
1) How many carbs does the omelet have? The box I bought says 7g, and the website says 3 g.
2) How many carbs in the soy patty?

Also since these two items are so high in carbs, can I have one of each as part of my three IP packets? 'Coz then I have very little room for my carbs in veggies and dinner protein. I am a strict vegetarian, hence more confused.

Please help.

R
The soy patty has 120 calories..11 carbs and 4 grams of fiber so the net carbs are 7. I would trust the box on the omelette. It is 7 carbs. Both these are considered non restricted items, so you can have them as one of your packets.
I do not count carbs. I just follow the 2 c vegetables and 5-7 oz protein rules for IP. Can you have tofu as a protein if you are a vegetarian?
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeJ View Post
wuz2bloved, You look great, positively radiant! You will be an inspiration for me. I have similar goals. But just wondering.. If your children are dieting as well? In my case my 9 and 5 year olds are average sized and eat well enough from all food groups as does my husband who is as he has always been 6'2 190lbs on average. (perfect for me). I don't want to get him any skinnier because I've banned certain foods from the home. he tends to lose weight if he is too busy to eat his lunch once a week. I know you have great willpower but are you preparing regular foods for your kids? (potatoes, breads, cakes, etc.) while you eat your modified diet?
congrats on your progress and you go girl! Thanks
Hope you don't mind if I chime in here. I have been on ideal protein since January and am phasing off this week. I have a husband who is like yours, a 16 year old, a 13 year old and a 11 year old who are normal weight people. I cook like I always did for them.- I keep tons of fresh fruit around, provide a starch - usually at supper - potatoes, rice, whole grain breads. But I have quit buying as many snacks like chips and cookies, etc. Because no matter what a person weighs, no one needs any of that. I do occasionally bake for them thou. When I have a spare moment, I try to cook up 2-3 days worth of meat servings for me. This summer I frequently fire up the barbecue and grill a package of chicken breasts and some burgers or pork loin steaks, and then package up my meat in individual packets so I can grab a serving to take to work or eat for my supper if I am making family spaghetti or tater tot casserole, etc.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #207  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Welcome to the program, you will enjoy it and learn a lot from these boards. Congrats on making the best decision to get healthy!

Thank you

My boys are older 19, he weighs 320 and goes away to college then I have a 23 year old who weighs around 260 and lives with me. I do not keep snacks in the house any longer, if he wants snacks he will make himself cupcakes or go get him a bag a chips. He has been eating the same as me for dinner and has loss around 10lbs. When my youngest is home from college like this weekend, I cook their food then I cook my food. Friday night I cooked a big ol' pot of sketti which they ate Friday and Saturday night and tonight I cooked beef tips with rice and gravy with sweet peas (their favorite) I cooked 3 cups of rice and there was only about a cup left. My youngest and I weigh about the same so we have a competition going on as to who will lose faster, he will of course he is younger AND a guy!

..Just wanted to share that with y'all....best feeling in the world when you get noticed like that by your own child
That is so sweet about you and your son. It helps so much when your family members are supportive..You are doing so well on IP and such a support of everyone here. You look wonderful.

Last edited by Maile; 09-05-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #208  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
:O I've gained 4 pounds!! What the heck??? I did have a little cheat but 4 pounds??? I did start taking probiotics this week. The constant full feeling is gone again but other than that I haven't noticed a difference at all. If anyone needs me, I'll be banging my head against a brick wall.
Those pounds will disappear soon. Jump over that wall and have a wonderful day.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #209  
Maile

Happy Labor Day everyone. I am sorry about the Storm LEE and people being cooped up with no power.
I tried the rice Pudding and liked it,. ..a very filling lunch.
I also walked after dinner. It seemed to help as I am down a pound.
Today's plan is to unfortunately go to work and get ready for tomorrow..but only half a day.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindanuts View Post
What does "bootcamp" mean?
Bootcamp is when you eliminate the restricted IP products (no bars, soya puffs, cheese snacks, chili, etc) and just do the unrestricted puddings, omelets, drinks & soups
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote