Old 09-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #136  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
Wuv2 - We've all told you how amazing you look, but looking at that first photo and your current one - you don't even look like her! Well done.
Thank you very much, I never saw myself as that big either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle1961 View Post
So my son just brought home an enormous amount of fresh bread from Panera. They were giving it away at work so he thought he would take some home. Ahhhhhhh! The smell is killing me. I am resisting, but it is very, very hard. I guess this is reality, these things will always be around, we just have to be strong. I am definitely remembering that nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
My son has been baking cupcakes DAILY cuz I have NO snacks in the house....I agree the smell is something else! I put Caramel flavoring in my water today just to have a sweet taste!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle1961 View Post
So my son just brought home an enormous amount of fresh bread from Panera. They were giving it away at work so he thought he would take some home. Ahhhhhhh! The smell is killing me. I am resisting, but it is very, very hard. I guess this is reality, these things will always be around, we just have to be strong. I am definitely remembering that nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
It's unlikely Panera is going to stop making bread anytime soon. Hang in there and you can have all you want on a cheat day.............coming to a future near you!
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #138  

Thank you for the encouragement. I think removing myself from the kitchen and going to bed will also probably help haha.
sle1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 178/171/125 or size 4

Height: 5"1'

Hi,
I started IP two weeks ago. First week was down 5.5, then 1.5. TOM, so maybe thats why its been a rough ride. Am down with strepthroat now, but am determined to not get off track. IP seems more fun now, that I am getting used to the feeling of feeling full but not getting all that acid reflux from the junk I was used to. My lifestyle is very busy, so I was used to staying hungry throughout the day and then gorging when I got back home in the evening. It feels nice to even out your food now. Nice.........and thanks for all the help on this site. It is truly amazing what a support group can do
tomorrow71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:30 AM   #140  
Joined IP 8/2011

S/C/G: 166/145.4/120

Height: 5'0''

Everyone seems to be losing large amounts. Is anyone else taking a med, etc that their coach (and mine is a MD) that will prevent them from losing the large amts each week? I'm trying to look at the inches (I'm making big progress there), but losing the weight is going to come off SLOWLY and frankly EXPENSIVELY.

I am committed. However, it is still very frustrating, and better yet my coach is NOT pressuring me. I seem to be pressuring myself.
ianmeghanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #141  

Height: 5'7'

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I went to the beach yesterday to watch a good friend of mine do a 1.5 mile open water swim. There were about 200 swimmers there to do the competition. What i found facinating is that the swimmers were in all shapes and sizes. Some people were easily 100 pounds overweight and yet, they put on their suits and swam 1.5 miles in a VERY rough ocean (a few ppl had to be rescued).

It made me think and reflect on my excuses for not exercising. I have major problems with my feet which has halted my exercise routine. When I stopped exercising, I kind of 'gave up' and that's how I put on all this extra weight I'm carrying around with me. I think yesterday gave me a kick in the tush that I needed. While I can't do cardio because my feet just can't take it, I can do some weight lifting.

Have any of you had a trigger or inspiration that made you say enough is enough?
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #142  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Hello Everyone,

I've been off IP and this site for several months. I lost -36.8 lbs, -7.8% Bodyfat, -6.3 BMI points in 11 weeks. I met my goal back in May, but I fell off of the wagon. I ended up putting 26lbs and 7.3% bodyfat back on since May and after our 5 year old son passing away. I had to get off the program due to costs and now I am back on using alternative products.

Just wanted to say hello once again and thank you to all of the "old timers" on here for keeping this wonderful support site going.
YankeeFan14040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I've been off IP and this site for several months. I lost -36.8 lbs, -7.8% Bodyfat, -6.3 BMI points in 11 weeks. I met my goal back in May, but I fell off of the wagon. I ended up putting 26lbs and 7.3% bodyfat back on since May and after our 5 year old son passing away. I had to get off the program due to costs and now I am back on using alternative products.

Just wanted to say hello once again and thank you to all of the "old timers" on here for keeping this wonderful support site going.
YankeeFan14040: I too am on round two. Life happened and I gained back 31 pounds of my loss! Great to have company...
I have noticed that my losses are much slower this go around. I lost 5 pounds in my first two weeks. I too am using alternative products. I think I might be using too much sugar free creamer in my coffee. Oh well, I am happy with a nice steady loss. Way better than a steady gain!

Happy Sunday to everyone!
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

Oh my! Tried the cappuccino shake this morning! Why have I nt tried this before? WOW....so yummy!!! I can live on this! Perfect afternoon snack with a shot of espresso! over ice.
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #145  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Alrighty,

Congrats to Redhead down 50 Big Ones
Congrats to Jordanna down 60 Big Ones
Congrats to Busymom for getting that scale moving.

Well, I called my coach yesterday, because I couldn't make it on time to weigh in and guess what, she stayed over to wait for me. Very nice of her. I lost ZERO, had a long talk, she said if I don't start losing, I should phase off and get my thyroid numbers back on track and start back. We will see. She doesn't want me eating any peppers, except green peppers this week and she had me buy (of course) Novilax, she thinks I must be backed up, never in my life have I been backed up. We will see, I don't think it is healthy to use any kind of laxatives, but she said it is common on this diet.

I sure hope you all in the south are spared all the rain and flooding.
Bellamack,
I don't know if this will help you, but my dr said to separate the thyroid medication from any calcium supplements and to take it one half an hour before eating.
So, I take the thryroid medication before breakfast and take the IP potassium calcium for lunch and the other calcium at dinner. Maybe that would help you get your thyroid working. Good luck.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #146  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Hello Everyone,

YankeeFan, I am so very sorry to hear about your son. My best to your family as well.
I am glad you are coming here. People seem do very well on the alternatives Ip program.
There is wonderful support here.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #147  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmeghanmom View Post
Everyone seems to be losing large amounts. Is anyone else taking a med, etc that their coach (and mine is a MD) that will prevent them from losing the large amts each week? I'm trying to look at the inches (I'm making big progress there), but losing the weight is going to come off SLOWLY and frankly EXPENSIVELY.

I am committed. However, it is still very frustrating, and better yet my coach is NOT pressuring me. I seem to be pressuring myself.
If you stay on the IP program, you will lose weight. Everyone has different rates of losing. However, I know that losing weight slowly is frustrating. You might try what others do..limit your carbs to 30 gms a day and don't eat the restricteds. This seems to help some people. Hang in there..IP really does work.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #148  
Maile

Good morning..Another cool morning. I am going to have to get my sweaters out.
I ordered some of the flavored mayos and will let people know when they arrive. For some reason the pomegrant appeals to me.
Today I am going to try Carla's Rice Pudding for lunch. What I like about it, is that it has the vegetables in it and I get to eat a small salad for a change. I also realized that if I make the zuccini pancakes for lunch, again I will have all of my vegetables taken care of. Change is nice.
Have a great IP Sunday.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #149  

Height: 5'6"

Today is another day, paying for last nights little "indiscretion". Woke up with raging heartburn in the middle of the night and a bit of a headache. But the sun still came up this morning so I guess it really wasn't the end of the world after all. I have made a decision to limit the time spend with my less than supportive mother this month. I don't know what her problem is but I have enough of my own so I will stay away and focus on what I need to do for myself. I think I'm worth the time....
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Good morning..Another cool morning. I am going to have to get my sweaters out.
I ordered some of the flavored mayos and will let people know when they arrive. For some reason the pomegrant appeals to me.
Today I am going to try Carla's Rice Pudding for lunch. What I like about it, is that it has the vegetables in it and I get to eat a small salad for a change. I also realized that if I make the zuccini pancakes for lunch, again I will have all of my vegetables taken care of. Change is nice.
Have a great IP Sunday.
I will be waiting to hear on those mayos.
I almost got some but wasn't quite sure yet how I would use them so I waited.
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote