Old 09-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Once you open the door to cheating, it's hard to close it. I had a rough weekend (diet-wise). I am afraid to step on the scale this morning. I'm going to exercise like crazy and drink a gallon of water today and hope I don't have a big gain. Wine and cheese, and then because I was already off-plan, might as well have some bean dip on my celery and a few of my child's french fries. Cheated Friday so might as well have a little more wine on Saturday and if I'm drinking anyway, what's the harm in a little cheese? The bad decisions snowballed. I was even away for the weekend with supportive people. I have no one to blame but myself.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning,

Ain't no sunshine in upstate today, dark and rainy. Good craft/reading/movie day... Still plugging along OP, I can't believe that this friday will be 10 weeks that not a single off program has passed these lips. It is funny, my weight is coming off slower than some, but I went to a party a couple days ago and hadn't seen the people since June and they immediately said "Holy Skinny". Well, that was nice to hear, but I am hardly skinny. I did get rid of all my 16W and switched to 16 Misses, they are now getting loose, I bought a 14 Misses and they fit, a bit tight in the stomach, but great everywhere else. Also have to give up the 1x tops, way too big, I might take them in, since alot of them are really nice and I love them.
Congratulations on both sticking with the plan and for dropping sizes.

I am only 2.5 weeks in and have been finding it great. I actually eat more diverse things now than before (except veggies - I'm not sure I can survive on green pepper, cucumber and zucchini so I'm going to need to get more adventurous!
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Welcome to the program, you will enjoy it and learn a lot from these boards. Congrats on making the best decision to get healthy!

Thank you

My boys are older 19, he weighs 320 and goes away to college then I have a 23 year old who weighs around 260 and lives with me. I do not keep snacks in the house any longer, if he wants snacks he will make himself cupcakes or go get him a bag a chips. He has been eating the same as me for dinner and has loss around 10lbs. When my youngest is home from college like this weekend, I cook their food then I cook my food. Friday night I cooked a big ol' pot of sketti which they ate Friday and Saturday night and tonight I cooked beef tips with rice and gravy with sweet peas (their favorite) I cooked 3 cups of rice and there was only about a cup left. My youngest and I weigh about the same so we have a competition going on as to who will lose faster, he will of course he is younger AND a guy!

He really made me feel good tonight, as he really hasn't said anything to me about my weight loss besides I don't see how you can just eat that mom. The both of us were in the kitchen(very small) going for the fridge at the same time. He looked me up and down and says mom....pausing....so I say what?? he looks at me again up and down and says mom...pausing again .....then says mom you look good, I mean really good, you can really tell you are losing a lot of weight. He said how much are you at now? i said probably as of this week 70lbs, he said well you can definitely tell mom, definitely tell. He brought tears to my eyes then he says mom look we can both fit in the kitchen now, he was standing in front of me and we were not touching anymore....haha...Just wanted to share that with y'all....best feeling in the world when you get noticed like that by your own child
I love that!

I was actually a little worried about starting a plan this restrictive as I have two daughters 12 and 14 who are very athletic and very lean. I didn't want them getting any weird messages about food.

Then I realized that I had been setting a terrible example by eating like a thirteen year old at a sleepover (McDs twice a week, microwave popcorn or ice cream every night...) This has been a good opportunity to talk about the fact that the reason I can't eat what I used to is because of those poor choices!
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Once you open the door to cheating, it's hard to close it. I had a rough weekend (diet-wise). I am afraid to step on the scale this morning. I'm going to exercise like crazy and drink a gallon of water today and hope I don't have a big gain. Wine and cheese, and then because I was already off-plan, might as well have some bean dip on my celery and a few of my child's french fries. Cheated Friday so might as well have a little more wine on Saturday and if I'm drinking anyway, what's the harm in a little cheese? The bad decisions snowballed. I was even away for the weekend with supportive people. I have no one to blame but myself.
To err is human (congratulations, you're officially a "human") and to forgive oneself and get back on the treadmill while chugging water - that's the divine part
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Post Starting Over

I restarted IP today. One year ago today, I began IP for the first time and had lost 37 lbs. Unfortunately, I lost my focus and went off the program without properly phasing out. I learned some lessons, like sticking with the program until I am at goal and following all the phases. So I am back and focused. I will do this.
nursemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #216  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by esthershafe View Post
yeah i can get the ones at walmart thats no problem, the compass test fee i dont know if its done everywhere but the clinic i go to told me its 20/month but failed to tell me this at the begining.
I googled it and it looks like a muscle test, please let us know what it is but they really shouldn't be charging you extra... bad enough to have to pay for the suppliments and then 20 for a test... Man... would break me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
He really made me feel good tonight, as he really hasn't said anything to me about my weight loss besides I don't see how you can just eat that mom. The both of us were in the kitchen(very small) going for the fridge at the same time. He looked me up and down and says mom....pausing....so I say what?? he looks at me again up and down and says mom...pausing again .....then says mom you look good, I mean really good, you can really tell you are losing a lot of weight. He said how much are you at now? i said probably as of this week 70lbs, he said well you can definitely tell mom, definitely tell. He brought tears to my eyes then he says mom look we can both fit in the kitchen now, he was standing in front of me and we were not touching anymore....haha...Just wanted to share that with y'all....best feeling in the world when you get noticed like that by your own child
awww that is so sweet, it is nice when family notice and are proud of you. Keep up the good work WUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
Bootcamp is when you eliminate the restricted IP products (no bars, soya puffs, cheese snacks, chili, etc) and just do the unrestricted puddings, omelets, drinks & soups
Bootcamp also is, no sweeteners, no mio, or crystal light, arizona ice teas. And none of the restricted vegetables and try to double your water consumption...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
I restarted IP today. One year ago today, I began IP for the first time and had lost 37 lbs. Unfortunately, I lost my focus and went off the program without properly phasing out. I learned some lessons, like sticking with the program until I am at goal and following all the phases. So I am back and focused. I will do this.
Welcome back Melanie, now that you know what you did wrong last time you won't do it this time and you will reach your goal before you know it.

Good Morning everyone, Happy Labor day! I so look forward to my long weekends and this one has been nice. Busy rearranging my craft room yesterday took a lot longer than I thought... Today have to get more containers for all my crafts... then onto my office.... I took long walks each morning with my dogs and have noticed the change in weather already. Cold in the mornings and the leaves are beginning to fall, took some pics of the fall leaves, found some reds and oranges and even black... sad as I love summer but I find fall a pretty time of year even though we don't have the colors like down east coast has but it is nice. Today was a beautiful morning and the dogs love it in the mornings when they can go to the off leash first thing. One of them runs ahead and then waits for the old dog and me to catch up. She is so sweet, she has matured so much this year(finally as she is 8 now) and is most of the time very gentle with my old girl... and my old girl still goes in to try and protect the young one if she thinks there might be an incident... Well off to get some shopping done. I must say I am liking being on phase 2, as I have more of a variety of what to have with my veggies at lunch time. Making spinach dip for tomorrow for work and thinking of what kind of protein to have with it... will have to think for a while, might just take a couple of eggs nice and simple. Sept 8, will be the start of month 8 on IP and no cheats, and not likely too. Weigh ins are all over the place use to be predictable 2 low 1 big but now it has changed again and have to figure out my pattern. Won't weigh in this week as today is a holiday so next monday hoping to have a bigger weight loss but with all that is going on who knows...
Lot of new/old threads have been bumped up. I really liked the one about Pop/Soda and the one about cheats, it makes so much sense when you read it. Have a great day and it is such a nice beginning of the week.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #217  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

NSV for me, it is cold here today so I broke out the jeans. They were so tight last year I could barely breath if I was sitting down....well they fit perfectly!!!!

Last edited by JodiM; 09-05-2011 at 03:08 PM.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #218  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Good morning! Wow, the last few days have been miserable. We have been cooped up in the house with the most dreary weather ever, courtesy of T.S. Lee. We lost electricity yesterday for about 2 hours, which must be some kind of record at my house. Usually the power gets knocked out if a bird lands on the line. (not really, but you get the drift) So, my whole family has cabin fever. We've been inside for too long. My husband and kids have eaten non-stop all weekend and I have been wishing I could snack along with them. To make matters worse, this is my 5th week and I have been hungry for some reason. I eat my food at the designated time and I'm full. But it seems like an hour later, my stomach is growling! I may float away with all of the water I have consumed. My husband cooked dinner for me 2 nights in a row, so that was a good thing. The down side is that he has eaten a lot of vegetables with me this weekend and, let's just say, it's bad to be cooped up in the house when your husband has gas. You can just walk into the room and your eyes will water and your nasal passages will catch on fire, lol. Of course, he and the boys find this very amusing.
It's supposed to be nice outside today sometime around noon. I sure hope so. We need some air.
LOL...this made me laugh...what is it about guys who think passing stinky gas is funny???....but I know how you feel. I am glad y'all are all ok and the sun is starting to come out here so it may turn into a pretty day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
That is so sweet about you and your son. It helps so much when your family members are supportive..You are doing so well on IP and such a support of everyone here. You look wonderful.
Thank you, He has been off to college for a month so its been that long since he has seen me. He checks with me on my WI days to keep up with me but I guess to see it, its different. He won't be back home now until Thanksgiving so by that time I will be WAY SMALLER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonGirl View Post
Congratulations on both sticking with the plan and for dropping sizes.

I am only 2.5 weeks in and have been finding it great. I actually eat more diverse things now than before (except veggies - I'm not sure I can survive on green pepper, cucumber and zucchini so I'm going to need to get more adventurous!
Try yellow squash also, those are really good. I know the sheet says no squash but its talking about the winter squash. We can have the yellow ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
NSC for me, it is cold here today so I broke out the jeans. They were so tight last year I could barely breath if I was sitting down....well they fit perfectly!!!!
Its suppose to be in the low 60's here this week, I won't have to pull out my jeans but I did try a pair on yesterday and yup....they fell off....lol...guess I will have to get me new winter clothes. Not that we really need winter clothes down here in Mississippi. It might get COLD for a week and that is it....haha
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #219  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

I can't wait to have a pair fall off wuv!

Last edited by JodiM; 09-05-2011 at 03:07 PM.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 199.2/181/125

Height: 5'3"

has anyone thought of doing the diet on their own? ive thought about it since the clinic here wants to nickel and dime me for all i have. let me know what y'all think.
esthershafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #221  

Quote:
has anyone thought of doing the diet on their own? ive thought about it since the clinic here wants to nickel and dime me for all i have. let me know what y'all think.
There are quiet a few that are doing it on their own using alternatives and are quiet successful. There is a thread on here called "using alternatives" I believe
Old 09-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 199.2/181/125

Height: 5'3"

thanks wuv2bloved for that info. it just seems more money smart for me to do it on my own then worry about breaking the banks and the worry of of moving. thanks again.
esthershafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Quote:
I haven't been to my clinic for 6 weeks due to my work. Hubby picks up my food for me. That said, I get tons of information and motivation here on this site. If you're in the States they have IP to go, where they ship your food to you. It's supposed to be for people not near a clinic, but I saw a post where someone had written to them and said due to her erratic work schedule, she couldn't get to a clinic and they shipped to her, no problem. The website is http://idealtogo.com/login.taf You can look at the resources, etc and decide if that's the right way for you to go.
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #224  

Quote:
thanks wuv2bloved for that info. it just seems more money smart for me to do it on my own then worry about breaking the banks and the worry of of moving. thanks again.
You are welcome...here is that thread I was talking about.....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
Old 09-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

My new WF favorites: Chipotle Ranch dressing and Chipotle Mayo. YUMMY! The mayo is runnier than normal mayo, but is works great for dipping. I really need to convince our local stores to carry more WF products.
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote