Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #256  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Eastcoastmama, I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it looks like a good and easy one:

ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
Hands-on time: 5 minutes + occasional stirring
Time to table: 50 minutes
Serves 4

2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 head cauliflower, cut in small florets

Set oven to 425F. Stir together all ingredients in large bowl until cauliflower is uniformly coated with oil. Transfer to baking sheet in single layer (use a second sheet if needed). Roast 35 – 45 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes for last 15 minutes, until cauliflower is dark brown but not burnt.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE
Per Serving: 112 Cal (56% from Fat); 4 g Protein; 8 g Tot Fat; 9 g Carb; 6 g Fiber; 37 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 329 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol

I had turnip fries again tonight. I guess people either love them or hate them. Here's what I do: Preheat oven to 400. Take 2 medium to large turnips (makes one 2-cup serving) and peel with a vegetable peeler. Cut into "french fries." Spray cookie sheet with PAM. Place fries in single layer on pan. Spray fries lightly with regular or olive oil PAM. Season with sea salt, garlic powder, and paprika. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the fries over (I tried flipping them with a spatula, but it was easier for me to just turn them over one by one cause I'm a klutz.) Bake for another 15 minutes. Serve with Walden Farms ketchup. Mmmmm.
I used this recipe for the cauliflower but tossed them in a baggie for easier coating. They were yummy, my hubby even liked them and he is not a big fan of cauliflower cooked.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #257  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnomore View Post
For what it's worth - after reading on this forum - I moved my 3rd packet to an hour before bed and that has seemed to make quite an impact on my weight loss. The scale is finally moving again !! (I wonder if going so long overnight without anything - my body was kinda going into starvation mode) I always had done it as my snack in the afternoon - but switched a few days ago to have it before bed...maybe this can help a few others like me where they want to throw their scale out the window due the numbers not falling...
Good morning! I do the same with my snack. I have my supper no later then 6:30 -7 pm and my last packet around 7:30 pm. Some nights when I work late, then I am enjoying it around 8 - 9 pm. Seems to work well for me!

Weigh in tomorrow...... hope the scale is being nice! lol!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #258  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
I went in today for my 4th weigh in. I lost 4.9 lbs. So I am down 19 lbs. in four weeks.
Congratulations! I also just hit that 19 pound mark at four weeks... I was hoping for 20 because it's such a nice round number, but 19 is still pretty awesome!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 AM   #259  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
HI everyone. Sorry to be MIA. I was sick for awhile and just coming around from it. I will try to be more involved in the days to come.

WELL.... I went out of ketosis. YEP, the cough medication did it and then I had the worst cravings. Gave in and still regret it. I am struggling big time to get back to the strict routine my coach requires. OH WELL.. one more day and I should be back there!

At least I didn't gain anything in the past 2 weeks but I sure haven't lost.

I am glad everyone else is doing well.

Carla
Welcome back Carla!

There are some previous posts I hope you will give your opinion to. You have done so well with your weight loss and we have lots of new people on the board.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #260  

Default Great Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Congratulations! I also just hit that 19 pound mark at four weeks... I was hoping for 20 because it's such a nice round number, but 19 is still pretty awesome!
Wonderful! 19 lbs in 4 weeks is awesome! Keep it up!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:22 AM   #261  

Default Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Good morning! I do the same with my snack. I have my supper no later then 6:30 -7 pm and my last packet around 7:30 pm. Some nights when I work late, then I am enjoying it around 8 - 9 pm. Seems to work well for me!

Weigh in tomorrow...... hope the scale is being nice! lol!
Good Luck with your weigh in tomorrow. I weight tonight and my scale at home does not seem to be moving. There is such a difference weighing at night and with clothes on. I am hoping for a loss, even a pound. I think I would be upset if I see a gain.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #262  

Default How much splenda?

How much splenda should we be allowed each day? I have some in the morning with my coffee but I have also been having tea and decaf at work with splenda. Am I over doing it?

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 02-23-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #263  

Default Salad dressing

Thanks Mystical Mama for the tip on the salad dressing. I had some of the jelly mix in my vinegar and oil dressing yesterday and it was just enough to thicken it up a bit so it was like real salad dressing. It clung to the lettuce instead of running to the bottom of the bowl. It was tasty too!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #264  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

[QUOTE=jordanna;3167240]Hey Libbyshims regarding cheese here is what my coach said:

If you do not have the oz of skim milk everyday in tea or coffee then it's okay once in a while to have an oz of low fat cheese. Dairy products on their own won't knock you out of ketosis but if not used in moderation they will slow down your weight loss. I have 1 oz of low fat cheese once every week or so as a treat.

Regarding the fat free ham, the ham I have is one of those pre-packaged half hams you find by the bacon. I have two brands I get - schneiders or mitchells. It looks like this:

Ahh, something else I miss about Canada besides my Tim Hortons!!! I can't get Mitchells or Schneiders here. Seriously, I went to 3 grocery stores (all biggies) and the closest thing they have is 97% FF. I am going to try Whole Foods next....fingers crossed. Love Ham!!!

Isn't today the day hubby comes home??? CAN'T WAIT to hear his reaction!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
Hi all
Did I read somewhere in the material that you should not take minocycline while on IP. I have searched and searched and cannot find where I read it unless I am mistaken.
Hi, Sam, maybe what you read or heard is that when you're on the IP diet you might not NEED to use the minocycline because when you're on a low-sugar diet, your acne is greatly reduced anyway.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #266  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Thank you to all for the help with the turnip fries. I am going to try them again.
Thank you also for the roasted cauliflower recipe. I am going to make that for the family tonight!

I also like the pizza idea and the eggs, ham and turnip hash. Mmmmm.. that sounds delicious. Just made scrambled eggs with bacon for the kids.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #267  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

I had a really rough time yesterday morning. Felt horrible! Had an upset stomach (and all the side effects of one), bad headache and felt light headed. I think it was all because of the way I ate on Sunday.

We had a really busy day on Sunday, so I only had time for a drink in the morning, did the same at lunch and when we got home in the afternoon, I was very hungry but instead of having some vegetables then like I should have, I just grabbed some jello squares I had made with knox blocks, a protein packet and sugar free jello. I felt satisfied then and didn't eat any actual vegetables until about 6 pm. I then tried to eat all four cups at once in a salad with boiled egg. I know my system was all messed up at that point. Woke up the next morning feeling awful. Upset stomach I'm sure from eating so many vegetables in one sitting, and head ache from not getting all the water in. I'm not sure why I was light headed.

I learned it is so important to follow the diet carefully during the day. It has been researched carefully and developed so we don't get sick. I am writing this not to complain about how I felt yesterday, but to encourage everyone to be careful and try to follow the plan as best as they can. I know I need to do more planning ahead for busy days!

Last edited by Eastcoastmama; 02-23-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkbait View Post
I am confused. Why are we only allowed raw onions? Can we not boil them?
Hi, Sarkbait, cooking onions raises their glycemic index, meaning quicker conversion to glucose in our bodies, which we want to avoid. That said, the first recipe I looked at on Dr. Tran's website contained cooked onions and tomatoes.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quick question:

If I am looking for a low fat/low calorie cheese..what would a 'good' carb/calorie count be to look for? I feel like I should know these answers, but I am a bit slow when it comes to this stuff. (probably why I need to lose 50 pounds in the first place...lol)
Old 02-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Does anybody else weigh themselves everyday? I know you aren't supposed to but I can't help it. I found the scale going crazy this week, up a pound down a pound, up 3, down 4 and then down 2 again. I just found it odd and was wondering if it happens to anyone else.
Closed Thread