Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommySarah3 View Post
ya they are super small, I just cut them into thin slices and baked them with a bit of olive oil, they weren't super crispy but they tasted great!
So you make radish chips? Do you use any seasoning on them? I LOVE radishes but haven't tried radish chips yet.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Are the tofu noodles like the miracle noodles? I am thinking of buying some this week to shake things up a bit, but am a bit leery of the taste, texture etc.
I have both Miracle Noodles and Tofu Shirataki noodles. They are similar, as both are based on yam flour which has no net carbs or calories. But the tofu noodles add in a bit of tofu. That then adds a bit to the carbs and calories. A 4 oz serving of the House Foods brand Tofu Shirataki noodles has 20 calories, 0.5 g fat, 1 g protein, 3 g carb, and 2 g fiber (i.e. 1 g net carbs.)

Personally, I like the tofu noodles much better. They have a much better texture. Not so gummy / jelly-like. The angel hair is also thinner than the MN angel hair. When I have the Miracle Noodles, I really feel like I am eating diet food. I have a hard time getting it down. With the tofu noodles, I actually enjoy eating it. It's not like they are "delicious" or anything. But, enjoyable.

I have to laugh at the instructions on the packaging. It says to rinse them well, then parboil them to diminish the "authentic aroma". That actually means "smell". lol Yup, they smell kind of icky -- like fish or something. But when you rinse them and cook them properly, they taste fine.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #288  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
Does anybody else weigh themselves everyday?
er...YES.

I weigh myself first thing every morning. Sometimes on this diet when I travel, I actually go so far to pack my bathroom scale in my suitcase.

I know from experience that I generally weight 2 lbs less first thing in the morning than I do right before bed. So I sometimes weigh before bed to give me a preview of my morning weight. If it's looking good, I can hardly wait to get up and see it. In fact, when I'm on the IP diet I sometimes check my weight during my nightly bathroom break!

Not only do I weigh daily, but I track my weight daily on a spreadsheet. Personally, I am an analytical sort, so I have all kinds of formulas in my spreadsheet that automatically calculate things when I enter the weight number. For example, it automatically compares my weight loss to my short term, medium term, and long term goals, shows me how much I am currently losing per day and per week, automatically shows up in green, yellow, or red, depending on how well I am doing in comparison to my goals, and shows me how much I now need to lose per day or week in the future to meet my goals. These kinds of calculations, along with automated graphs of different time lengths, showing my weight in comparison to my various goals, help me keep on track and stay motivated. For example, if I am doing well, one way it helps keep me motivated is by showing me exactly how far ahead of my goals I am, and how I now need to lose less per day to reach my goal target. We all know that weight loss slows the closer one gets to their target weight, so the more I can lose early the better. Or, if I'm currently doing poorly, it shows me how well I have done in the past (and therefore doing overall), shows that a little blip on the graph is okay and I am probably still on track to meet my goals, but that I can't slack off or I will get off track. Need to be extra vigilant. Calculated numbers showing up in yellow rather than green also alert me when my progress is starting to be a problem, so I can catch it early and make changes to what I am doing if necessary.

So yes, some of us do weigh every day.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
Hey I also live in Dover New Jersey. How did you learn about IP and where did you join? I heard it is not encouraged to weigh yourself everyday because of what you just posted it becomes very confusing. I am on my first week of IP and weigh myself this Thursday, wish me luck.
I had actually seen a pamphlet (sp?) at my gym about it and started researching it online. Then a friend of my Mom started doing it and it was done out of a tanning salon in Byram so that is where I went. I am now just doing it on my own though, the cost became a little much and I have found some cheaper alternatives almost exactly the same as IP. I am positive you will see a good number at your weigh in, this diet really is amazing.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
er...YES.

So yes, some of us do weigh every day.
Gets kind of addicting doesn't it?? Lol
Old 02-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #291  

Quote:
Gets kind of addicting doesn't it?? Lol
Sure does! And I have to say, a much better addiction than my previous addiction (Taco Bell).
Old 02-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #292  

Quote:
Sure does! And I have to say, a much better addiction than my previous addiction (Taco Bell).
Taco Bell huh? How long have you been a vegetarian?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Wow Birman, I just noticed that you have lost an AMAZING 32 lbs since Feb. 10, 2010....is this correct. You've lost this weight in 14 days all since you've been on the IP diet.

Great job!!!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG LOL.

Trish
Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #294  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Taco Bell huh? How long have you been a vegetarian?
Born and raised. I have never eaten meat -- have no idea what a steak or a hamburger even tastes like. Just can't imagine the thought of eating an animal. When my husband eats steak, I say "How can you eat that? It's like eating Sashi" (our cat). He says, "No it's not. Sashi would be stringy."
Old 02-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #295  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I had actually seen a pamphlet (sp?) at my gym about it and started researching it online. Then a friend of my Mom started doing it and it was done out of a tanning salon in Byram so that is where I went. I am now just doing it on my own though, the cost became a little much and I have found some cheaper alternatives almost exactly the same as IP. I am positive you will see a good number at your weigh in, this diet really is amazing.
Thanks and I also find IP very expensive which is a shame because the cost puts up a road block for someone to stay on the IP program. I think it would be much more popular in our area if it was not so costly.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #296  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Wow Birman, I just noticed that you have lost an AMAZING 32 lbs since Feb. 10, 2010....is this correct. You've lost this weight in 14 days all since you've been on the IP diet.

Great job!!!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG LOL.

Trish
Trish, not all of this is recent, or on the IP diet. My goal is to be Fit by 50 (this September). I started my weight loss last year, mostly on the Suzanne Somers diet, but cycling occasionally with the IP diet. Lost 37 lbs, then was an idiot (TOO MUCH TACO BELL!) and gained 18 lbs back. On Feb 10th of this year I started dieting again with a starting weight of 218. I have lost 13 lbs in 13 days -- not 32.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #297  

Quote:
Born and raised. I have never eaten meat -- have no idea what a steak or a hamburger even tastes like. Just can't imagine the thought of eating an animal. When my husband eats steak, I say "How can you eat that? It's like eating Sashi" (our cat). He says, "No it's not. Sashi would be stringy."
Lucky you, I grew up on a farm where it was butchered, or hunted, and eaten. YUCK!! You wouldn't believe the things I've had to eat!! My 6 year old nephew is slowing going vegetarian. Just this last weekend he told his parents that besides chicken nuggets, deer meat and eggs he doesn't want to eat any animals and wanted to hang signs all over the house to not kill and eat animals. YIPEE! Must have drove my bro nuts though <chuckle>. I sent her a list of vegetarian meat substitues to start introducing him to. Too funny with the cat comment.

Last edited by Ogdog13; 02-23-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #298  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Had my second weigh-in last night. Down another 4.8lbs. I know this is a good weekly amount. I just wish that time would go by faster and I'd already be at goal weight. Patience is not my strong suit.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #299  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
Thanks and I also find IP very expensive which is a shame because the cost puts up a road block for someone to stay on the IP program. I think it would be much more popular in our area if it was not so costly.
Save your chastizing me those of you out there who don't agree, but Sam0617, there are some cheaper alternatives out there comparable to IP that some of us have succesfully incorporated into our regimen. Please see the IP Alternate Phase I forum if you are interested.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #300  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
Had my second weigh-in last night. Down another 4.8lbs. I know this is a good weekly amount. I just wish that time would go by faster and I'd already be at goal weight. Patience is not my strong suit.
You'll be there before you know it. Keep that head up, your goal isn't that far away!!
Closed Thread