Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #331  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Pepperoncinis are a mild pepper...similar (maybe the same) as a banana pepper. I find them near the pickles at my grocery store. Hope this helps! As a note, it really doesn't make the meat too spicy unless you eat a ton of the peppers with it....which I do because I love the heat!

I buy the soy cheese at my whole food store, but they also sell it at Safeway and probably other stores. It's great melted on broccoli! I kind of count is as a veggie. I don't use probably more than a tablespoon or two at a time so I just have it with my veggies. I think Josh said he did the same.

Soy (soya) is counted as a veggie on the select list so I found it's a good, easy way to get my veggies in. If you get the extra firm it almost has the texture of chicken. My friend has major texture phobias and even she loves it!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
Soy (soya) is counted as a veggie on the select list so I found it's a good, easy way to get my veggies in. If you get the extra firm it almost has the texture of chicken. My friend has major texture phobias and even she loves it!
There are some good tofu recipes starting on page 29!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannb View Post
They have the food, but not the supplements... unless they're hidden somewhere!

thanks though.
Hi, Maryann, They're on there. Click on http://www.idealtogo.com/idealproducts.taf. Then arrow down the page until you see "Supplements."
Old 02-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #334  

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
I goofed....trying to figure out how to recover. Suggestions?

Last night...fell asleep before the snack, other than that... day was good.

This morning I ate last nights prepared snack (jelly) that I didn't get to as breakfast. Then had Cereal around noon and had planned to buy a salad form the salad bar. However, when I got down there, I remembered I had plans tonight that would require a dinner out and the location of where I will be the IP compliant choices are limited. They were serving stir fry in the cafe, so I got Chicken/Shrimp stir fry (no sauce, no rice) with several different veggies and garlic. That was good and IP compliant, but did you notice I already had my protein for lunch? Whoops!!!

So how should I recover....or do you think this is a big deal? I was contemplating having 4 packets today anyway to try to make up for yesterday. What would you do?
Hi, Committed1--That's not too bad of a boo-boo. If it were me, I would try to find something on the menu as compliant to the program as possible--maybe a chicken breast, broccoli or asparagus, and a salad with dressing you bring from home. Then I'd go ahead and have that last packet before bed--have one that's as low-carb as possible. On my count, it's only 3 packets today although that chicken/shrimp at lunch could be counted in place of a packet. I think that's what they do on Phase 2 anyway.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #335  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Ok, so this is going to be a little out of the blue but I haven't seen the topic of weight-gain/loss due to birth control yet so I'm interested to see what people think about it. I have gained the majority of my weight since starting a bc pill in the fall of 2008 but I think it's primarily due to the unhealthy eating habits I developed around then. I have also read in a magazine (women's fitness) that they did a study using 50 women who were on the pill and 50 who weren't, similar in body type, weight, height, ect. and had them on the same diet and exercise programs from 6 weeks and the women not on the pill lost up to 60% more than the women on the pill. Just some food for thought. What does everything think?
I think it's true. Personally I noticed my weight gain right around the time I started birth control, but I too started bad eatting habits. Last winter I tried to lose weight by watching calories and working out and I stoped taking my bc. I lost weight fast and it seemed to come off much easier than when I had tried while using bc. Since then I started my bc again and am back in the same boat. I take birth control because I have super bad cramps and it has helped but I'm stopping it again and dealing with those side effects. Sorry if this was too personal but I find it very interesting and it could possibly be hindering your loss efforts!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #336  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Does anyone know how much splenda we are allowed in a day?
I've read on here before that each individual serving packet counts as 1 gram of carbs. So you can't use them indiscriminately, but take into consideration how many carbs in a day you are eating.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #337  

Every gram of splenda (or about 2 tsp/1 package) is 1 g of carbs
Old 02-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #338  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
HAHA BevS you made me have a good chuckle at my desk lol....drop 2 and go up 1

I'm wondering if my lack of losing weight the last few weeks is because I'm having one restricted item per day.

For weeks 1 & 2 I had a restricted item almost every day and lost 7 and 5 lbs in those weeks. However in weeks 3 & 4 I only lost one pound per week.

I've been drinking alot of tea & coffee with skim milk....do you think that could be throwing me off?

I'm drinking more than enough water that's for sure....I'm going to drown in it soon lol.
It's hard to say what's going on. If you're still losing inches, I wouldn't worry about it. The owner of the business where I weigh in was at a standstill weight wise for weeks. But he lost inches every week. Then suddenly he had a big loss of 8 pounds in 2 weeks and reached goal. I have a restricted item almost every day and I still seem too lose about 3 pounds per week. I think it will keep me happier on the program than being so strict. That might make me go off the program entirely if I had to give up my treats. I look forward to them. It could be hormonal and you might have a big drop soon. Judge by how your clothes are fitting.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #339  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate87 View Post
I think it's true. Personally I noticed my weight gain right around the time I started birth control, but I too started bad eatting habits. Last winter I tried to lose weight by watching calories and working out and I stoped taking my bc. I lost weight fast and it seemed to come off much easier than when I had tried while using bc. Since then I started my bc again and am back in the same boat. I take birth control because I have super bad cramps and it has helped but I'm stopping it again and dealing with those side effects. Sorry if this was too personal but I find it very interesting and it could possibly be hindering your loss efforts!
My weight-loss on this diet has been good other than when I sabotage myself by cheating but last spring I ate very healthy and worked out 3 hours a day for 2 1/2 months and only lost 5 lbs. I blame this on the bc. I tried going off of it toward the end of the summer and my face broke out terribly bad so I went back on. Why does being a woman have to come with so many little annoyances! GRRRR
Old 02-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks ritiki19 for taking the time to type your suggestions.....I was wondering about the soy cheese and I'm now going to buy the cheese and try doing the marinade recipe....the pork sounds yummy too!! Where would I find soy cheese in the grocery store....with all the other specialty cheeses in the deli section?

I've never heard of pepperoncini's but I'll look for them also.

Talking about inches......yesterday at my weigh in I lost 1.5 inches off my bust so this makes 2" off my bust in total....HEY I don't have large boobs at all 34B and I'd like to keep them please & thank-you...Off my butt would be much nicer!! I've lost a total of 7" (14 lbs).

Today I printed off everything from Dr. Trans website and I'll be doing some reading tonight....it looked like interesting stuff.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 128.6/119.4/110

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
So you make radish chips? Do you use any seasoning on them? I LOVE radishes but haven't tried radish chips yet.
Ya I have only made them once but I really enjoyed them I didn't use anything but extra virgin olive oil and the sea salt. I think I may try them with different seasoning next time and maybe less olive oil to see if they get crispier, but even my kiddos loved them!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksb001 View Post
Sorry, birman: you lost me at "spreadsheet"! LOL. Just goes to show you how this program can work for ALL types of people. I'm a non-analytical type and find that this progam is great because it takes all the planning and thinking out of the equation. I just follow the plan and my own dense brain doesn't get in the way! My biggest decision is what to pair my chicken with tonight. I WISH I could be so detailed but I'm just not wired that way! But we can all have great results if we just trust the program no matter how we get there.

So glad I found this board. It's helping me so much to see how everyone approaches IP and learning all your tricks. One day at a time, everyone!
KSB001, I wish we could frame your post and put it at the top of the thread. I whole-heartedly agree with you that we are all different, that this program can work for ALL types of people, and that there are lots of different ways of getting great results on it.

I too am glad to have found this board -- sharing with everyone and learning tricks from everybody. I have done IP short-term (2 or 3 weeks) twice before and even this time I still only plan to be on it short term. Interesting thing is, that the other times I found it to be ****. This time I have all you guys, and two weeks into it am still gung ho. That's solely because of you guys.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
ooohhhh...another spreadsheet junkie! can you send me your template?
What? I'm not the only spreadsheet junkie here? lol

Can't send it unfortunately. I don't rank high enough on the board to be able to do attachments or PMs.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #344  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

skittles-
At our Safeway here they have an organic section and the cheese is there. It's the only grocery store I have found it at, but the whole food store has a ton of different choices. Make sure you read the nutrition label! Today I picked up a different brand and it had 2 carbs. The soy cheese has been a lifesafer and I can see myself using it well into the future! Also, I buy the chopped pepperoncinis, not whole, but you could probably do either. Enjoy!

And great job on the inches....I know it's not where you want to lose necessarily, but remember that includes your back too. I carry about as much in my back as I do in my bra if you know what I mean!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
What? I'm not the only spreadsheet junkie here? lol

Can't send it unfortunately. I don't rank high enough on the board to be able to do attachments or PMs.
I don't either....
Closed Thread