Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #391  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I just weighed and was 158.8. That's the first time I've seen the 150's in years. I may be up a pound tomorrow, but I don't care! I'm celebrating today!
great job!!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I just weighed and was 158.8. That's the first time I've seen the 150's in years. I may be up a pound tomorrow, but I don't care! I'm celebrating today!
Definitely do a happy dance Bev S. Congratulations!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #393  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Oh my, BevS, that's wonderful! Good for you!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #394  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and everyone's tastes are different.

I got Stevia extract at Trader Joe's and it is disgusting. It comes in a bottle like a spice along a tiny spoon which is one serving. It always leaves a bitter aftertaste. I like that Stevia is all natural (it's the leaf of a plant) but... yuck! I read somewhere that if you use too much Stevia, it can be bitter. Perhaps this extract is too concentrated. Maybe I will try to find some "Stevia Extract In the Raw". Did a search online and that seems to be a more reasonable thing to measure. Does anyone want the Stevia I bought? Maybe someone else likes it? It's so interesting how we all have different tastes and how the diet makes our tastes change. I haven't tried Truvia yet.

Well done on getting into the 150s BevS!

MysticalMamma: Where do you get the thick chocolate and butterscotch syrup and what brand is it? Also, are the plain soynuts from IP or from the grocery store? The only IP soynuts I can order are BBQ or Garlic and Onions. Your idea sounds so delicious! I am laughing about you eating the bar anyway with the non-harmonious flavored soynuts. I would do the same thing!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #395  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and everyone's tastes are different.

I got Stevia extract at Trader Joe's and it is disgusting. It comes in a bottle like a spice along a tiny spoon which is one serving. It always leaves a bitter aftertaste. I like that Stevia is all natural (it's the leaf of a plant) but... yuck! I read somewhere that if you use too much Stevia, it can be bitter. Perhaps this extract is too concentrated. Maybe I will try to find some "Stevia Extract In the Raw". Did a search online and that seems to be a more reasonable thing to measure. Does anyone want the Stevia I bought? Maybe someone else likes it? It's so interesting how we all have different tastes and how the diet makes our tastes change. I haven't tried Truvia yet.
I love the taste of it, but don't use a lot as yes, too much is 1. way too sweet and 2. can leave a bitter after taste. I wouldn't mind buying it from you and will pay for shipping so it doesn't go to waste. Any chance you like leek soup? I can't stand it and have 5 or 6 packets left to my box.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Ogdog13: Haha! I am afraid of the leek soup! There is one packet of it hiding in my cupboard. I used leeks extensively in my cooking during my first 2 weeks on IP and I got tired of them. Also everyone seems to hate the Leek soup. I have to be brave and try it though. On the bright side, it is supposed to be 100% naturally flavored. I'll let you know how I like it when I get the courage to try it. I'll send you the Stevia, no problem!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #397  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Cinnamon- the leek soup is ONLY tolerable if you add 1 tsp fresh garlic, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1C steamed spinach. And then maybe doctor it up with some hot sauce. On top of bieng gross, it makes your shaker smell like leeks for days. The only thing worse I've tried on this diet is the Honey Mustard WF dressing. I had to throw away my "unlimited lettuce" when I put that on it.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #398  

Today is the day - My husband is coming home!! I haven't heard from him yet so I'm crossing my fingers that he's on a plane heading here and not stuck out at work for another 3 weeks.

Wish me luck!! As of today I'm down 27.6 lbs which is pretty close to the 30 pound mark I was hoping to hit before he came home!!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #399  
Brenda1980

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Today is the day - My husband is coming home!! I haven't heard from him yet so I'm crossing my fingers that he's on a plane heading here and not stuck out at work for another 3 weeks.

Wish me luck!! As of today I'm down 27.6 lbs which is pretty close to the 30 pound mark I was hoping to hit before he came home!!
That is so awesome! Congratulations! I hope he appreciates all your hard work and its payoff!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #400  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
Cinnamon- the leek soup is ONLY tolerable if you add 1 tsp fresh garlic, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1C steamed spinach. And then maybe doctor it up with some hot sauce. On top of bieng gross, it makes your shaker smell like leeks for days. The only thing worse I've tried on this diet is the Honey Mustard WF dressing. I had to throw away my "unlimited lettuce" when I put that on it.
Brenda, I'm not even willing to make it tolerable...do you want the leek soup? I will end up throwing it away if someone doesn't want it.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Jordanna, what a wonderful and exciting surprise that will be! Have fun!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #402  

Quote:

You have done SO well Jordanna, he WILL notice and I can't wait to hear what he says (keeping my fingers crossed for you that he work time isn't extended)!!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #403  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

i find that any of the soups are only tolerable when i add everything but the kitchen sink to them. even the leek!! i only eat the soup with spinach, lots of it, and mushrooms. i also add a tonne of pepper, and thin in right out with chicken broth. i add green onions, and sometimes celery. and then i can eat any flavor of the soup. i do like the chicken the best. i also had a real problem with the WF salad dressings, all flavors. when i first started the diet, i through them out, as i disliked them that much. but then i read some suggestions of mixing ingredients with them, and i did rebuy the Bacon ranch, thousand isles, and the rasberry vinagrette. they are a bit better when added, to, but once i ran out i figured i may as well make my own, being that i was basically changing the whole content of the dressing anyways. so yes, i agree, some of the flavors are left to be desired!!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #404  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:

Oh, I love these kind of surprises! But be just a little prepared that he might not notice! Some men are like that. They see you but they don't really look at you. Oh, but he might "feel it" when he puts his arms around you. Ha-ha.

Enjoy him and I guess you'll be missing in action on the boards for awhile. Ahem.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #405  
Brenda1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Brenda, I'm not even willing to make it tolerable...do you want the leek soup? I will end up throwing it away if someone doesn't want it.
Certainly- if you don't want it to go to waste! You could always bring it back to your clinic and see if your coach wants to give it to someone else if you don't want to spend the $$ or time to send it. I don't want to put you out any.
Closed Thread