Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #316  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Did not think about doing a spreadsheet great idea. I'm a person who loves a visual its a real motivator for me. Thanks for the idea . . . now to figure out how to do it.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
I for one would like to say I hate to think what being on this program would be like if this website was not available
I second that!!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #318  

I love charts and spreadsheets too, I also enjoy fit day, it keeps track of my weight each day and I can track my carb intakes on it. It even averages out my daily consumption so I know that on average I consume 28g of carbs a day. I'm trying to stay below 30 so I know I'm on track!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #319  
Started IP 2-18-10

This may sound strange but I can't wait for my first weigh in which is Thursday morning. Just one more day wish me luck I am hoping for a high number for my first week!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #320  

Best of luck, Sam. You can do it!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #321  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Something I don't quite understand. We are allowed 3 protein packs per day and only one restricted. It's very strongly recommended by Dr. Tran that no less than 3 IP packs are eaten each day.

I've noticed that some people stay away from the restricted items because they feel they'll lose faster but this is not the way the IP diet plan is supposed to work and I'm wondering if this in only making it harder for some people to get through a day and why they can't fill up on veggies and salad.

I have to wonder, for those who are having 3 IP packs a day and staying away from bars (restricted items) are the 50 extra calories per day (puddings are 90-110 calories and most bars are 140-160 calories) going to make that much difference if you are following the diet otherwise.

I'm thinking ENJOY a bar if you want....ENJOY Chocolate soys or BBQ puffs, why make this any harder than it has to be. Having these treats may make it all that much easier to get to your goal faster and you will feel less deprived. When my older kids are watching TV (glued to the Olympics) and they are eating chips and dips....I'm enjoying my BBQ soy puffs and not feeling like I'm missing out on a thing.

Just my two cents.
Happy Sunday all you lovely people ;-)

Re: the restricted items....some are just more sensitive to carbs and the restricted items have more carbs. Even though it isn't a huge difference, it could make the difference for some.

I am on week 7 and have decided to not go for the restricted items because the ones my coach offers they only want use to have 1 per WEEK (not per day) and buying a box ($30) to have so few...doesn't make sense to me.

My coach wouldn't even let me consider them until after the first month, then it wasn't really recommended to get them until at least week 6 AND THEN, it was recommended to just stay away if my goal was large weight loss numbers AND I wasn't struggling. That could just be my coach.

Personally, I am getting into a pattern with what I am doing and am okay with it and still losing an average of 4lbs a week. It would be nice to have some of the puffs for snacking, but I am not suffering.

However, you have excellent advice for those that have the restricted items and like to enjoy them. I wouldn't feel guilty about enjoying it!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #322  
Started IP 2-18-10

Thanks so much
Old 02-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #323  

I goofed....trying to figure out how to recover. Suggestions?

Last night...fell asleep before the snack, other than that... day was good.

This morning I ate last nights prepared snack (jelly) that I didn't get to as breakfast. Then had Cereal around noon and had planned to buy a salad form the salad bar. However, when I got down there, I remembered I had plans tonight that would require a dinner out and the location of where I will be the IP compliant choices are limited. They were serving stir fry in the cafe, so I got Chicken/Shrimp stir fry (no sauce, no rice) with several different veggies and garlic. That was good and IP compliant, but did you notice I already had my protein for lunch? Whoops!!!

So how should I recover....or do you think this is a big deal? I was contemplating having 4 packets today anyway to try to make up for yesterday. What would you do?
Old 02-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #324  

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
I goofed....trying to figure out how to recover. Suggestions?

Last night...fell asleep before the snack, other than that... day was good.

This morning I ate last nights prepared snack (jelly) that I didn't get to as breakfast. Then had Cereal around noon and had planned to buy a salad form the salad bar. However, when I got down there, I remembered I had plans tonight that would require a dinner out and the location of where I will be the IP compliant choices are limited. They were serving stir fry in the cafe, so I got Chicken/Shrimp stir fry (no sauce, no rice) with several different veggies and garlic. That was good and IP compliant, but did you notice I already had my protein for lunch? Whoops!!!

So how should I recover....or do you think this is a big deal? I was contemplating having 4 packets today anyway to try to make up for yesterday. What would you do?
I would think if you stick to your 5 oz of lean protein or 7 oz fish, you should be okay. That will be your 4th protein for the day though so don't eat any more IP packs. Or you could order a salad and put the crisps on it as croutons.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #325  

Does anyone know how much splenda we are allowed in a day?
Old 02-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
Had my second weigh-in last night. Down another 4.8lbs. I know this is a good weekly amount. I just wish that time would go by faster and I'd already be at goal weight. Patience is not my strong suit.
4.8LBS is great!! Way to go but I understand about the patience....not one of my strong suits either, lol. I hope tomorrow night I have a loss as good as yours!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Smile

HAHA BevS you made me have a good chuckle at my desk lol....drop 2 and go up 1

I'm wondering if my lack of losing weight the last few weeks is because I'm having one restricted item per day.

For weeks 1 & 2 I had a restricted item almost every day and lost 7 and 5 lbs in those weeks. However in weeks 3 & 4 I only lost one pound per week.

I've been drinking alot of tea & coffee with skim milk....do you think that could be throwing me off?

I'm drinking more than enough water that's for sure....I'm going to drown in it soon lol.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #328  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Birman:
Quote:
CinnamonSparkles, Ogdog and I are vegetarians too. So an extra special welcome from me!
Thanks! This forum is great!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #329  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default Things I've Learned

I just wanted to share some of the things that I do that help me get through the day/week. I also wanted to share some recipe ideas, but I'm not going to post them in the recipe section, since they're not really measured.
Anyhow, someone brought up the question of how to make salads more palatable. I had this problem last week. I seriously wanted to throw up at the mere thought of salad. Well, my whole food store has an excellent salad bar with the most amazing marinated tofu. I'm not a vegetarian and don't even like veggies that much, but this stuff is AMAZING! I asked my vegetarian friend to help me make my own so it's cheaper and so I can make sure of the ingredients. I told 2 slabs (I think they're a pound each) of Woodstock Farms Extra Firm tofu and cut it into bite-size chunks. Then for the marinade used tamari, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Marinate for at least an hour, better if overnight, then place in single layer on PAM coated baking sheet and roast in a 400 degree oven for 15-25 minutes. They pieces will brown.
My other new favorite meal is to take a pork roast and throw it in the crock pot on low for 8 hours with an entire jar of pepperoncinis (including the juice) and some salt and pepper. The meat itself is wonderful, but here comes the best part....take your 5 ounces of meat and stir fry with bean sprouts, zucchini, mushrooms, and some of the pepperoncinis. Then melt some cheddar soy cheese on top. It is to die for!!!!!
I used to be a scale hopper too. I would faithfully weigh every morning. Last week I really struggled and the scale at home just wasn't budging. My coach told me to STOP weighing daily. He said not to weigh other than at the clinic. He felt I was stressing myself out and that it was affecting my weight. Needless to say I had a fine loss last week of 3.4 lbs. I haven't weighed myself since then and I'm not going to pretend that it's been easy. It's hard not knowing, but I'm going to give it a whirl and see if it helps.
There has been some question about cheese. I use soy cheese. I've only had the cheddar, but just bought some pepper jack so we'll see. I do not like it "raw!" I've found that if you melt it it tastes just like regular cheese. I love it atop a burger with sauteed mushrooms and zucchini! YOu'll never miss the bun. I also eat Laughing Cow cheese wedges on my celery sometimes. I do not have my 1 oz in the morning and have not discussed this with my coach, but it doesn't seem to have caused too much damage.
Sorry for the long post, but wanted to get this all out at once. Great job to all the losses and keep up the good work! It works if you work it, you're worth it!!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #330  

Thanks Ritiki! Quick question - what is pepperoncinis?

Mmmm laughing cow cheese on your celery sounds delicious!! I'm going to have to see if I can find soy cheese, I'm thinking I might be missing out! Do you count it as a veggie serving?

For the tofu recipe do you count that as your protein for the day?
Closed Thread