Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #211  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannb View Post
Oh,

does anyone have the IP Vitamins label on a pdf? I want to compare them to the vitamins I have been taking...as I am almost out and am considering using their vitiamins. Thanks!
I think if you go to the Ideal to go website, you can see the nutrition labels for all their supplements.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #212  

as per my fitday here is an average of all 5 weeks I've been on the diet for the amount of carbs/calories etc that I've taken in. I don't know if that helps those of you wondering how many carbs you should take in, but I've been in ketosis since the end of day two on the program.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calories.jpg (17.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannb View Post
Oh,

does anyone have the IP Vitamins label on a pdf? I want to compare them to the vitamins I have been taking...as I am almost out and am considering using their vitiamins. Thanks!
Here is the IP vitamin label.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Vitamins.pdf (18.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 02-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #214  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Something I don't quite understand. We are allowed 3 protein packs per day and only one restricted. It's very strongly recommended by Dr. Tran that no less than 3 IP packs are eaten each day.

I've noticed that some people stay away from the restricted items because they feel they'll lose faster but this is not the way the IP diet plan is supposed to work and I'm wondering if this in only making it harder for some people to get through a day and why they can't fill up on veggies and salad.

I have to wonder, for those who are having 3 IP packs a day and staying away from bars (restricted items) are the 50 extra calories per day (puddings are 90-110 calories and most bars are 140-160 calories) going to make that much difference if you are following the diet otherwise.

I'm thinking ENJOY a bar if you want....ENJOY Chocolate soys or BBQ puffs, why make this any harder than it has to be. Having these treats may make it all that much easier to get to your goal faster and you will feel less deprived. When my older kids are watching TV (glued to the Olympics) and they are eating chips and dips....I'm enjoying my BBQ soy puffs and not feeling like I'm missing out on a thing.

Just my two cents.
Happy Sunday all you lovely people ;-)
i made a choice not to use the restricted items throughout the course of my diet. initially it was because the IP handout strongly suggests that you do not use restricted items in the first few weeks of your diet. then i just decided that i really did not want to eat them. i had sampled various bars and snacks at the info session, and felt it may be too difficult to eat just one bar, or one small bag of snacks. i know that when i ised to eat chips or popcorn, i always felt i had to eat the whole bag. a woman sitting next to me had commented that she would not be buying the snacks anymore because she could not just stop at one bag, and had one week eaten the entire box!! lol, i did not want that to be me!!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #215  

I lost 8 lbs my first week and was just weighed in again and didn't even lose one lb! Has anyone experienced this? I did not cheat at all, I did nothing differently except one day I only had 2 proteins and the next day had 3 but skipped dinner, I was dealing with a break up and just wasn't up to eating. Could that be it?
Old 02-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #216  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
I lost 8 lbs my first week and was just weighed in again and didn't even lose one lb! Has anyone experienced this? I did not cheat at all, I did nothing differently except one day I only had 2 proteins and the next day had 3 but skipped dinner, I was dealing with a break up and just wasn't up to eating. Could that be it?
I had the same problem, sort of. My first week I lost 7.2 lbs and the second i only lost 2.4. I was discouraged, but haven't cheated at all. Just keep up the hard work! From what everyone's told me it is worth it to keep going
Old 02-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

From maryannb: Originally Posted by maryannb
"Oh,

does anyone have the IP Vitamins label on a pdf? I want to compare them to the vitamins I have been taking...as I am almost out and am considering using their vitiamins. Thanks!"

Hi, Mary Ann, When you go to www.idealtogo.com, it will ask you to log on. You don't have to in order to look at their products. Just click on "shopping cart" on the top bar, then arrow down until you see the supplements, then click on whatever you want to see the nutritional facts on. Hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #218  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate87 View Post
I had the same problem, sort of. My first week I lost 7.2 lbs and the second i only lost 2.4. I was discouraged, but haven't cheated at all. Just keep up the hard work! From what everyone's told me it is worth it to keep going
If you look at it over a two week timeframe, you both still lost close to 10lbs. The HIGH end of average for a woman per week is 5lbs, so I'd say your doing well. I understand the impatience and frustration, though. I want to lose every single pound NOW NOW NOW.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #219  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

p.s. I have my weigh-in tonight, so expect a full out tantrum from me tomorrow if I didn't lose any more from last week.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #220  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate87 View Post
Thanks, I am going to stick with it but only losing 1/2 lb......is disappointing and dosen't make any sense but I'm gonna stick with it!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Question Day 1!

Hi all!

I am Cassie, a 23 (24 on Friday!) year old grad student and I am on Day 1 of Phase 1 of the IP Diet. My dad's side of the family has struggled with obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. I am mildly overweight and but want to get back to my ballet body and I just can't seem to get the time to work out as much as I would need to. I have gained about 35lbs since I got married in 2005 and I want to lose about 50lbs. So when my aunt told my about IP and her success story I decided to try it (She lost 40lbs in 8 weeks!). She is a RN and so she is my IP coach. We are doing everything long distance (she lives in Oregon and I live in Colorado) so I am ordering food for 1 month at a time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for their favorite non-restricted entree foods? So far today I had the omelet and the leek soup and a salad with WF salad dressing (with my 2 cups of veggies). The leek soup was way too thick so I think I am going to water it down next time.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Well did I have my bubble burst today....I was so excited and sure that I had gone down at least 5 pounds and to find out I had lost only ONE pound was disheartening to say the least.

My clothes are much loser, I've gone in a knotch on my belt, I've had so many compliments saying that I look like I've lost alot of weight....even my husband said last week I'm getting a baby butt lol.

I've losted 14 lbs since Jan. 25th and 6.5 inches. At today's weigh-in I had lost a 1/2 inch here and there but I lost 1.5" off my bust....wow I'm starving myself (not really) and my poor boobs get smaller lol. I've also 3.5 inches around my waist....it's nice to have all my blouses, t-shirts and sweaters so loose on me BUT I'm still in shock that I only lost ONE pound this week and ONE pound last week.

Week 1: 7 lbs
Week 2: 5 lbs
Week 3: 1 lb
Week 4: 1 lb

My coach said that I should be eating 4 IP packs a day....I'm almost forcing myself most days to get the third pack in me. She also said that I'm burning fat and that 14 lbs is very good for less than a month.

Oh well....I'm dismayed but not demotivated lol.....onward I go lol.

I'm so glad I can come here to vent....I hope I hear back from others who have felt like they were going backwards instead of forward at times.

x0

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-22-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #223  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

a girl i know that recently started the diet said that her coach told her for every 20lbs over 200, you add another packet. that puts her at 6 per day!! i have never heard this on the forum before? does this sound right? i would not want to do 6 packets a day. as far as a 4th packet goes, we were told that in the first week, if you are really hungry, you can add a 4th, but that it should not be a restricted.

welcome ckanable!! there was a survey posted some time back that had everyones favorite IP items. you may find it helpful. also for the soups, try adding some chicken broth to thin it out, and it also helps cut back on the protein taste. i add spinach and broth to my soup, and have never tired of it. it is one of the few packets i actually enjoy for lunch. i also make the omelet with mushrooms and spinach and take it to work and reheat it at lunch time. good luck on the diet!

Last edited by Sandrab; 02-22-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Thank you Sandrab! I will check out that survey. Good idea on the soup & omelet!

Last edited by ckanable; 02-22-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #225  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

I have seen a few posts that mention roasted Cauliflower. I can't find the recipe. Can anyone tell me the recipe? It sounds wonderful.
I also tried to make turnip fries and they were horrible. I must have made a mistake. Can those of you that have made them tell me how you did it? I would like to try again.
Thanks
Closed Thread