Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #226  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannb View Post
Hi,

Just take you favorite veggie and microwave it to your desired done-ness, mix up the chicken soup in 5 or so ounces of cold water, chop veggies small, spray a small casserole dish with pam, add veggies and pour soup over it. you can sprinkle some seasonings, garlic bits, dehydrated onions.. whatever you like, and a spray of olive oil if you like ( I have olive oil in one of those pampered chef spray oil bottles) and bake at like 325/350 for 10 minutes. There's no exact science to it. I also do this with the omlette, especially with spinach!

Thanks Mary Ann! Looks like I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Ok, week one down and I lost 6.4 pounds and 9 inches. Yay! The only bummer is that I somehow missed the fact that I'm not supposed to be eating carrots and have been adding them to almost every meal this week. Duh! It says in plain English that carrots are not allowed. It's really a bummer when you are cheating on your diet and don't even know it. Ha! Really though, I'm happy to be off and running towards my goal. You guys are a strong part of my motivation, so thanks.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Hi, everyone.

Yesterday was the first day of my fifth week (so exactly 4 weeks on IP) and I weighed 214. I'm down 30 pounds in 28 days!!! Very excited about that.

And this morning...212.5. I love that the scale is still moving. I know it won't stay at this pace for long, but I sure am enjoying it while it does.

I love reading everyone else's successes and thought I'd share mine, too.

Thanks,

Scott
Wow Scott, nice work! Those are some inspiring numbers.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #229  

I made pizza tonight using an egg & egg substitute as the crust. It was delicious and satisfied my pizza craving

Step by step pictures and recipe are on my blog

I just posed to the Pizza recipe on the recipe board for anyone who wants it!

Last edited by jordanna; 02-22-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #230  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Hi all!

I am Cassie, a 23 (24 on Friday!) year old grad student and I am on Day 1 of Phase 1 of the IP Diet. My dad's side of the family has struggled with obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. I am mildly overweight and but want to get back to my ballet body and I just can't seem to get the time to work out as much as I would need to. I have gained about 35lbs since I got married in 2005 and I want to lose about 50lbs. So when my aunt told my about IP and her success story I decided to try it (She lost 40lbs in 8 weeks!). She is a RN and so she is my IP coach. We are doing everything long distance (she lives in Oregon and I live in Colorado) so I am ordering food for 1 month at a time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for their favorite non-restricted entree foods? So far today I had the omelet and the leek soup and a salad with WF salad dressing (with my 2 cups of veggies). The leek soup was way too thick so I think I am going to water it down next time.

40 lbs in 8 weeks is fantastic I am in my first week and i would be on top of the world if I lost 40lbs in only 8 weeks. Congrats to your Aunt. Welcome and good luck.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I made pizza tonight using an egg & egg substitute as the crust. It was delicious and satisfied my pizza craving

Pictures and recipe are on my blog
Sounds awesome! I must be missing something with the whole 'cheese' thing? I thought we couldn't have any? My coach told me I could have 1 oz. of skim milk with my coffee, but I would GLADLY give that up for an ounce of cheese....
Are there certain kinds I should look for? Fat/Cals/Carb counts?

Also, I have a question:
today I took my son to Chik-fil-A and had half of the small diet lemonade (sweetened with Splenda). I asked for the nutritional information handout and here is the breakdown:

11.3 oz serving size
15 calories
0 fat
6g carbs (2%).

My coach said crystal light is okay for the water, but then I read on here that aspertame is bad but Splenda is okay. 1 Crystal Light has 5 calories per serving. So I am thinking the lemonade wasn't such a great idea...hmmmmm...

NSV: worked out this evening for the first time and felt great!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
Sounds awesome! I must be missing something with the whole 'cheese' thing? I thought we couldn't have any? My coach told me I could have 1 oz. of skim milk with my coffee, but I would GLADLY give that up for an ounce of cheese....
Are there certain kinds I should look for? Fat/Cals/Carb counts?

Also, I have a question:
today I took my son to Chik-fil-A and had half of the small diet lemonade (sweetened with Splenda). I asked for the nutritional information handout and here is the breakdown:

11.3 oz serving size
15 calories
0 fat
6g carbs (2%).

My coach said crystal light is okay for the water, but then I read on here that aspertame is bad but Splenda is okay. 1 Crystal Light has 5 calories per serving. So I am thinking the lemonade wasn't such a great idea...hmmmmm...

NSV: worked out this evening for the first time and felt great!
just saw the pizza and it looks amazing. I have yet to find Fat Free Ham here in TX. Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative. I went into HEB and asked for fat free ham and they looked at me like I was nutzo!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #233  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Hi all
Did I read somewhere in the material that you should not take minocycline while on IP. I have searched and searched and cannot find where I read it unless I am mistaken.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnomore View Post
... The accountability of seeing a coach keeps you focused....
Yes.

The accountability of participating here can help keep you focused as well.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #235  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Yes.

The accountability of participating here can help keep you focused as well.
This is very true. I had a rough weekend and cheated a lot.. and was almost ashamed to log onto this site Sunday night lol
Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
... I'm vegetarian....
CinnamonSparkles, Ogdog and I are vegetarians too. So an extra special welcome from me!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
just saw the pizza and it looks amazing. I have yet to find Fat Free Ham here in TX. Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative. I went into HEB and asked for fat free ham and they looked at me like I was nutzo!
Hey Libbyshims regarding cheese here is what my coach said:

If you do not have the oz of skim milk everyday in tea or coffee then it's okay once in a while to have an oz of low fat cheese. Dairy products on their own won't knock you out of ketosis but if not used in moderation they will slow down your weight loss. I have 1 oz of low fat cheese once every week or so as a treat.

Regarding the fat free ham, the ham I have is one of those pre-packaged half hams you find by the bacon. I have two brands I get - schneiders or mitchells. It looks like this:

Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoastmama View Post
I have seen a few posts that mention roasted Cauliflower. I can't find the recipe. Can anyone tell me the recipe? It sounds wonderful.
I also tried to make turnip fries and they were horrible. I must have made a mistake. Can those of you that have made them tell me how you did it? I would like to try again.
Thanks
Me too with the turnip fries. They tasted okay but I have tried 3 different ways to make them and they don't get crisp. Are anyone's turnip fries getting crisp?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #239  

When I make turnip chips with my mandolin they get crisp, but not when I try to make the fries.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #240  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

still chuckling over the pic of the fat free ham. "it looks like this!" technology!! i buy those as well. they are good, and it is one of the few meats i can cook for the whole family that they enjoy.
Closed Thread